Vax VX51

Vax VX51

MPNs: 36447193 and VAX-VX51

See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

maccy

maccy

Ok, but not great

I have had my Vax for 6 months now, the first 2 or 3 months it was fine however it is definitely deteriorating. Hardly works at all without turning on the brush bar which just drains the battery more. Emptying it is a bit of a pain as it needs done so often. And cleaning the brush bar is even more of a pain (hair especially gets caught in this) as you have to unscrew it and take it all apart, you would think there would be a simpler way of removing this? I guess it would be ideal for a very small apartment, but that's it.

Purchased in October 2018 for $200.00.

Noise Level
Battery Life
Product is used: Weekly
Pet OwnerNo

kenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Still going strong

Two years on and still going strong,Battery last's for ages,easy to charge. We use the vax more than our big upright vacuum and i am still impressed by how much dirt the Vax picks up,nothing negative to say, still has plenty of suction and easy to use. Very happy with the Vax !

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Lyn

Lyn

convenient, lightweight, powerful

I use it everyday, more convenient than a conventional corded vac. It's really lightweight and maneuverable too. Plenty of suction. It's quite noisy. I've always thought that the join where the main unit and the pole connect was a weak point and may break, but after over 18 months of daily use it is still fine. Recommended.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Paul

Paul

I must have a dodgy one

I can't understand the good reviews on this piece of rubbish. Even if I hold it on top of the dirt it won't pick it up. And if the dirt is really light, it goes up but falls out when machine turned off. Absolute rubbish. I gave up and bought a Dyson - OMG what a difference.

Gaz

GazGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worked ok in the start then only problems

Bought this cordless vacuum from the target in early 2017 after hearing all the good things about this machine. Upon getting and using in the house found out that this is not very efficient, suction power is not that great and the rotating brush in the mouth stopped working after 2 months of use. The battery life is around 22 minutes which I found a little less.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Bevvy

BevvyHunter Region, NSW

Love this vacuum. Never lets me down

This is a fantastic easy to use Vacuum. Purchased from Bunnings. Paid around $289. Best money on a appliance in a long time.
Super easy to charge. Charges for around 40 minutes. So easy to maneuver. Light and versatile.
I vacuum on carpet and tiles and great suction.
Easily goes between surfaces.
I use everyday and it literally takes me 5 mins to do the lounges and bedroom.
Easy to empty and clean.

Karliah

Karliah

Love it!!

Would have to say this vacuum is by far the best I've owned. It's light and eat to use and super quick to empty and having a luxury of bagels is even better. The power cord is a little short but apart from that it's awesome!! Great for a busy mum

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Sarah Vella

Sarah Vellamelbourne

love it very compact

a great vacuum, we use this to vacuum our entire 3 bedroom home without an issue, mostly floorboards with a little carpet. the turbo head it comes with enables you to remove the brush to clean it which is great. battery life is great. Comes with a few different heads for cleaning different areas. my only issue would be the power head moves around a bit when vacuuming-would be good if you could lock it in place

Gerry B

Gerry BBendigo

Great product for the price

We have had a couple of Stick vacuums and the have either broke because they were poorly designed or didn't live up to their companies blurb. The Vax is a great Vac and if kept clean and free of debris (roller Brush) then it works just fine. Very portable and adaptable. We like it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Mark P

Mark PAU

Very good vacuum.

This vacuum has been a very good purchase. We use it all the time when the kids make a mess. It is very easy to take apart and clean all the pieces separately. It is light weight and easy to maneuver around the furniture and anything else the kids have left on the floor.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Ben

BenNarrabeen

Do the job

Very happy with the product works well great features easy to vlean
Light enough to go around the house easily without hassles.
I m very happy with this product, i would recommend it without a doubt.
Looking forward to get an upgrate vax when the prices will go down. Always pleased to use !

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Shallot

ShallotBrisbane

Great suction. Lightweight and easy to use.

Lightweight and very easy to use. Great suction - perfect for getting rid of cat hair. It holds its charge well, but does take quite a while to charge. A little messy to clean as the dust gets into every tiny area in the container. You have to physically twist the filter out and dust tends to fly everywhere when you do. Easy to manoeuvre on tiles, carpet or wood. Purchased for $190 in March 2017.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

경미

경미 AU

This is perfect

Of course, everybody likes and uses Dyson a lot, but when I saw this product at my friend's house by chance, I thought it was really good for the price. But I could not follow Dyson's motor but I cleaned it up and used it lightly. We got a discount at the end of the year, so it was a good purchase.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

rayraywangy

rayraywangyMelbourne

ok!

Compact! Easy to use. Cord retraction is good to use. Even after a year of use. It is a bit annoying to clean the dust with bagless. The colour is nice with orange and white core. Power: strong enough to use for a family but long time use is a bit lack of sucktion.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
John

JohnMelbourne

Good Vacuum

I have had this vac for over a year. The performance of this vac is pretty good has great suction for carpet and hard floors. Only negative is it doesn't have big enough wheels for it to slide easy over hard floors. The vac is light and very easy to maneuver. The battery easily lasts 20 mins and I have it connected to the charger all the time so it is ready to go at anytime. 2 year warranty is also a bonus.

Kelly. L

Kelly. LBrisbane

Great vacuum cleaner at good price

Great vacuum cleaner with good suction and quieter than my old vacuum cleaner. Easy to use with its versatility however doesn't have a very long battery life.
I normally vacuum and 2 storey townhouse with carpet and tiles and it sucks up pretty well but once I reach the 2nd storey, I clean it out to make sure it sucks up better.
Overall, definitely recommend it if you're looking for a nice alternative to the Dyson at a lower price

Date PurchasedAug 2017

vvuuww

vvuuwwSydney

Good Vacuum

Overall, it is a good vacuum cleaner for a small home.

The weight is fine, and my arm doesn't feel tired holding it for a while. The battery is more than sufficient for our two bedroom home. It comes with different types of heads to handle different cases, e.g., some tricky corners. However, the dust bin is not easy to clean.

CamDD

CamDDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor build quality

Started out well, but now that it's approaching 1 year, the connection on the tube to the body is loose and consequently the electrical plug for the motor head doesn't always work. You have to wobble it to get the wires to join to get the brush turning. It's going back.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Flyinfish

FlyinfishSydney, NSW

Love my stick vacuum cleaner!

So happy I bought a stick vacuum cleaner! Wanted a Dyson, but the Vax has been great. Light and easy to manoeuvre. I find the suction is good and the accessories handy, I especially like being able to use as hand held (without the stick). So handy! Dirt canister is easy to empty and fits quite a lot of dust. Compact to store too. You'll never go back to cords ;)

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Viv

VivSydney

Great affordable product that does its job

This is a lightweight vacuum cleaner that's easy to handle and great for sucking up small and light items like hair on floors. Not too great at sucking up debris on uneven surfaces such as car seats but overall it's an affordable product and does its job when you stick to vacuuming floors.

Graham G.

Graham G.asked

are batteries for vax slimvac vx51 available

fred f
fred f

Suggest you get a friend to contact them directly

Leonieasked

My vx51 ran out of warranty last month and now it won't seem to charge. The green light comes on basically as soon as it's plugged in. I charged it over night last night and it ran for maybe 3 seconds before it shut down and the red light started flashing. Do you think this would be a battery or charger failure?

Hi Leonie,
Not sure,we have not had any problems with ours.

Leonie

I really don't know either ken. I've looked online and found a replacement battery but they're $85! I'd hate to fork out that sort of money at this time of year just to find out that it's not the cause of my problem :/

Monica A.
Monica A.

Leonie, I have just had a similar experience with my VX51 - 2 weeks out of warranty and it goes for 3 mins and stops, it will start again but then only for about 1 min and goes on like that. I just priced a new battery and was quoted $104 - but reluctant to pay this kind of money when I am not sure if the battery is the problem. Did you have any luck sorting out your problem?

Deb

Debasked

If I use the hard floor attachment rather than the carpet rotating head will it preserve the battery power?

Get an answer from our members and Vax representatives