Vax VX58

Vax VX58

MPN: VAX-VX58

Great quick Vac

I am delighted with my new Vac Stick Vacuum. With mostly hard floors I wanted a vacuum that was quick are easy to swish across the floors. I received this Cordless Stick Vac through Flybys points so it was a 'blind' purchase. It is extremely light and even glides across carpet. It is a little difficult to direct until you get used to it. The floor roller drops out for easy cleaning and the main barrel is also easy to clean. You will need a stronger vacuum for heavy duty carpet cleaning. I'm very happy as it was not an expensive item either through the Flybys system or retail.

Hate it

No suction, hard to clean, swivel head is very hard to control, feels very cheap, wish I'd spent more and bought another dyson, There are no good points about this product, total waste of money, very unhappy

Purchased in May 2019 at Harris Scarfe.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Disappointed

Bought it as old Dyson died. Betta offered nice price.
I wish this company stop making handheld vacuum. Might be I was expecting too much with $100 vacuum. Roller brush keep kicking small pieces like rice. Suction is less powerful than my Milwaukee battery powered tea pot vacuum cleaner.
Go with Dyson, Lg or Xiaomi.

Purchased in June 2018 at Betta Home Living for $148.00.

Product is used: Daily
Floor Type Wood

Good Every day use

I have a big vacuum cleaner, however wanted something for daily use, when i was shopping for Dyson come across this little power pack which does the job for me on my Hard floor and a small carpet area in living room. although not the greatest for carpet area compared to hard floor. I would recommend this product as its light in use and can use the motor head for car and sofas which is handy.

Purchased in December 2018 at Target Australia for $109.00.

Product is used: Daily
Floor Type Carpet and Wood

I use to hate vacuuming

My husband purchased this vacuum to replace our 9 year old one, I hated that one. This one is small, light and very easy to use. I’ve used it on carpet, laminate flooring, tiles and even used it to clean our window fly screen that was full of dust. It has a good suction and is great for cleaning up small spills. The battery life is okay, I’ve managed to vacuum 3 small rooms and a large rug with time to spare. It is also super easy to clean. Overall, it’s a great little vacuum.

Purchased in April 2019 at Target.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Great for spills and small clean-ups

Bought the Vax VX58 two weeks ago as it was tiresome to pull out my big Miele vacuum for spills, minor cleanups and to clean the car.
Very happy with the vacuum so far. It's easy to remove the stick and attach the brush cleaners (for the sofa, window screens, car, etc). The stick feels flimsy compared to my large vacuum, however it's only being used lightly and in short bursts so doesn't require a heavy-duty stick.
As there was no power outlet in the broom closet (for charging), it lives in the walk-in pantry and it's slim profile doesn't take up much space.
To date, I've only used on floor tiles, sofa cushions, car interior and window screens, and happy with its performance and ease of use. Emptying the dirt straight into the bin is great (as my Miele uses cloth vacuum bags) and charging is quick and easy.

Purchased in March 2019 at Target for $119.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Good for value, but you get what u pay for

Its good when on floor vacuums good enough, but on carpet is really not powerful enough for dirt to come out. Better off putting some more money on a 60+ one

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $130.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

battery won't charge

Bought to use on a tiled floor and small amount of carpet. As the suction is not good the vacuum was only used a few times and now the battery won't charge. Not able to be used at all due to the battery not taking a charge. The product is only about a year old.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Not worth the money

I wish I had spent the extra money and brought a Dyson. The brush head when going from floor to carpet is useless. Any fluff picked up was transferred to the carpet and I had to pick it up by hand. The head was clogged and very difficult to clean. A waste of money in my books

Date PurchasedDec 2018

It's actually better than their newer more expensive Blade Pet Pro!

After Harvey Norman went berserk with their Black Friday sale I ended up buying this little fella dirty cheap, because I was not entirely happy with their Blade model that I've purchased less than a month ago. Anyhow, this Vax has better design of the dust bin, easier to empty without digging in to the bin with your fingers, does not require filters to be cleaned after every use and ON/OFF switch with it's lock ON design is on more logical place than on Blade Vax. Also the whole design feels more ergonomic and easier to move about. Power brush does a great job and is slim enough to easily get under very low furniture and in tight corners. This Vax is not as solid as Blade, since there is a bit of a flex in the neck of the machine, but connecting and disconnecting tube to the body is a lot easier than on Blade Pro, where you need Hulk to disconnect the damn thing. Also unlike on Blade, charging port is smartly on the top without the notch so plugging and unplugging is a breeze. Also, unlike on Blade, wall bracket does better and more secure job. None of them however, are match for what Dyson does.
Last thing, accessories that are supplied with Vax are better designed than the ones supplied with Blade Pro, crevice tool makes sense and it can reach in those tight corners,unlike the joke supplied with Blade Pro.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great vacuum cleaner

I use this vac on timber floors in my small unit and it works well and is easy to use. The dusting attachment cleans the Venetian blinds easily and efficiently. It seems to last well from the time it was charged up. It also came charged so I could use it straight away. I am really pleased with it particularly for the price

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Good for the price, but having some issues after a year of use.

Bought this from Bunnings roughly a year ago. Has been used almost daily for a quick clean up. The brush foot works well on our rug, its not as great on polished floor as it tends to throw stuff out from under the vacuum instead of picking it up. You can turn the brush foot off but then I find it still doesn't do as well as it could with a dedicated brush-less foot.
Battery life is adequate and with a full charge is usually enough to get me through a thorough clean of a few rooms or three-four afternoons worth of a quick clean up in the dinning/living area.

My major problem is that its recently started cutting in and out whilst in use, I suspect its a poor connection to the battery as a bit of a bump under the handle usually gets things going again. Sometimes it will do this 10 or more times in a row before settling down, but it seems to be getting worse. I lost track of the receipt so I doubt I'm going to have much luck with warranty but I'll give it a go anyway. If you do grab one of these units, make sure you keep your receipt just in case.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Brilliant Vac

First time I don't mind vacuuming ever. This little vac is light weight, small, easy to direct on all floor types. It's easy to empty. Its got good sucking power for the size of it. Obviously it's no dyson but you will not be disappointed with this vacuum. Easy charge It's great!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great vacuum

Used on hard floors and carpets. Does the trick. Great suction and easy to use. Would highly recommend or a job well done. Excellent accessories and much cheaper than the rest! I have a cleaning business and this is very hand to get the job done quickly and properly. I’ve used on large houses and small apartments. Easy to zip around and has a really long battery life somperfect for a job to be completed with out he need to recharge

Great little Vac!!!

This is a quality, well thought out product for what you pay.. it’s nowhere near as good as your high end LG , Dyson, or Samsung... however it’s so handy too keep floors, carpet, kids room nice and clean specialy before visitors or first thing in the morning... washable filters is a bonus, make sure you empty out the bin and clean filters regularly too maintain peak performance...

Fairly good suction... still need a corded vac in case you have a big clean up like a broken glass or thick dirt/mud.. but the corded vac only comes out once every 2 months..

Will definately invest in a higher end stick vac later on so we can finally be rid of big, heavy corded vac..

Great Work Vac!!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Best thing since sliced bread

I Love It....
I have a small apartment and the Vax far exceeds my needs.
I expected to have to recharge it after every use, but it easily cleans my apartment several times before needing to be recharged. It's so handy to have without the inconvenience of rolling out cords etc for every minor job.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Disappointed

Purchased this vacuum a couple of months ago, and it's been working fine, not as powerful as a Dyson but it has worked well in our house. But recently it has stopped charging, we would charge it for days and when we would go to use it, it would only work for a couple of seconds. We have decided to just use our hold vacuum but are very disappointed with our experience and most likely won't be purchasing another vacuum of this brand.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great

This vacuum cleaner really works better than a regular broom. The operation is simple and convenient, and it saves time and effort when it is used. It is a great design, which can not only clean the floor, but also clean carpets, sheets and so on. It's easy to connect and charge. Highly recommended.

Good Small Vacuum cleaner for light jobs

Unit was purchased to clean high traffic area's covering 1-2 rooms which are mainly tile or rug covering on a daily basis.
Battery life is only 20 minutes and takes 8 hours to recharge.
Unit does not like any hair (human and/or pet) as this will impact on suction strength. Otherwise it is a good light cleaner.
Only had one problem - the head brush just stopped. Worked out that failure was a result of dust covering the connection between the dust container and battery. Just gave the connection a quick rag clean and it was up and running.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Terrible

Works ok for very small , light jobs. Definitely not to be used as regular vacuum cleaner as it has very poor suction. The item is listed as CORDLESS however it only gets 5-7mins battery life before needing to be charged for another 7hrs.

Not faulty,.... just a very poor quality.