Vax Blade VX60

Vax Blade VX60

MPN: VAX-VX60

Very disappointing

The only positive I found was that it’s cordless. The motor is not powerful and doesn’t clean up any pet fur or hair from the carpet or tiles. Very disappointed. Could have done better with the price you pay for the vacuum

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $250.00.

Noise Level
Battery Life
Product is used: Weekly
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Not 100% impressed

The suction isn't that great and the wheel inside the vacumn head gets stuck with hair and no way to remove and clean it. Definitely not good for households with girls that have long hair. It's ok for a small room, but awkward to use on the whole house.

Purchased in February 2019 at Flybuys gift redemtion.

Noise Level
Battery Life
Product is used: Daily
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Wood

Great Vacuum

This has proved to be a great stick vacuum on both tile and carpets. Perfect for running over the house daily. Collects all the fine dust and larger rubbish completely. Easy to empty and clean and good battery life, usually up to four days. Robust construction should ensure long life and spare filter sets are well priced, purchased to allow plenty of drying time with daily usage. Filters only need to be washed occasionally.
Highly recommend unit.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Really good for the price

I'm surprised how good it is especially for the price. It has very good suction power and rotating brush is really helpful getting the fur and hair out of the carpet. Only downside is the bin is very small so you have to empty it every 10 minutes or so. This is a really vacuum cleaner if you're living in a small apartment.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Terrible

I have had 2 vax blade in 16 months first one the hose in head split second one i had for 4 months does not suck to well not very good suction does not pick anything bigger than a grain of sand took it back payed extra got a dyson they are brilliant pay the extra get something decent

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Good all rounder that does the job

I got this to clean up in between dragging the hose out for the ducted vacuum and so far I'm quite impressed. I have 5 cats so pet hair is a big issue and the Vax Blade does a surprisingly good job of picking it up, enough that I need to empty it before finishing the lounge carpet, the turbo brush really helps too. It does a good job on carpet and both the tiled and wood areas and the head fitting nicely on stairs. It does seem to charge fairly quickly and the battery is more than enough to do my whole house with a mix of hard and carpeted floors (power head does use more charge).

Will this replace my ducted vacuum? No, but then you're comparing apples and oranges, but for a quick clean or for a small house or apartment this would be ideal.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Very Handy but not a Dyson

I bought this several months ago when there was a special deal going of extra tools. The one issue I have is that although the power head is handy it tends to get long hair caught in it that eventually blocks it. This is removable on the Dyson. The battery life is great however and these tend to be available at discounted prices.

AMAZING Vax Blade excellent performance for a stick vacuum

Vax Blade wow I love it we went shopping for a Dyson but they where way to expensive at the time, so the sales reps recommended the vax blade and I don’t regret not one bit in buying it.. for something so small and everyday use it has a lot of power.. not only do I do my carpets I also do my tiles and my curtains and lounge and of course my car.. it is very easy to clean and being cordless it is fantastic.. if I had to recommend a stick vacuum it would most definitely be the VAX BLADE VX60 I’m one happy housewife ....

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Okay

I loved this vac when I brought it I use it on all surface tiles,carpet, my shaggy rugs ,and my floor boards it’s great to zoom around the house saves so much time and effort the battery last for about 30 mins I do my whole house in the one charge and it’s so easy to clean out the filters I have just run into the same problem my mother in law did the pipe in the brush head snaps and seem to be hard to find the replacement bit iv just used a pool pipe at the moment till I can find the right hose to replace it with

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Our First Cordless Vacuum

This is our first vacuum cleaner without cord and we were very impressed with the power and the ease of use. It can conveniently be used at any time, on any surface and stored easily. We use this for both carpet and floorboard surfaces as well as to vacuum the car. The battery stands for quite a long time which allows us to clean the whole house through one charge.

Absolutely love it

I use it on hard floor without engaging the brush, it work so well. I do have one room with carpet and it works well there too. Being on a charger it is so easy and convenient, actually quicker and easier than using a broom, brush and tray. Easy to empty and clean. Great value.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

I wouldn't use any other vacuum cleaner after using my Vax Blade

For 12 months I vacuum the floors because I've got two dogs who shed constantly. For example: after two full cleans with this vacuum I had enough dog-hair to make a third dog!!!!! It is so easy to empty and the filters really easy to clean. The Blade is light and manouverable. Easy to use for someone who has a bad back. The 2 hour charge equals a full 40 minutes of solid vacuuming. I love it!!!

October 6th 2018 Update: Best vacuum cleaner I've owned

I use this vacuum every day to keep the place free of dust and doghair (with two dogs this is a must). It is a bit noisy but the light weight of the vacuum cleaner counteracts this problem. It is maneuverable and the battery life is nearly an hour of constant use. Recharge is easy and doesn't really take that long.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Easy to use, no cord is so much better!!!

The suction is great, the accessories all work well and it even picks up the human hair, as well as the pets. It is fantastic on both tiles and carpets. I can even use it after having so many operations, no pain in the back or stomach. Thanks Vax brilliant

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Can't believe I did not buy one sooner.

I am loving the manouverability of cord free vacuuming and the versatility of using this to do cars lounges etc not just floors the run time can be a bit short but it has fantastic suction and it fits a lot of the job specific tools from my previous vax vacuum.

SO FAR SO GOOD

just purchased from JBHIFI Preston was good advice from customer service really was handy and powerful vacuum cleaner which is really the one I was looking for for small and quick clean around the house easy to use wife love it and very happy only the battery not last long so far so good

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Effective but handle is badly designed

Effective and I like the ease of use in comparison to upright vacuum, but it is rather heavy and the handle gives me blisters. The off button is too accessible and is accidentally bumped quite often, turning the machine off. I am hoping the next version will be an improvement.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Just returned this because of fault among MANY other reasons

Started making some grinding sounds after 6 months use so I exchanged for an Electrolux Ergorapido which is a cleaner's DREAM MACHINE. The grinding sound was the least of my problems:

* This machine picks up very little. Constantly flicking any particle larger or heavier than a piece of hair. Also it just pushes particles around. You have to lift the head onto the particle and hold it there and hope it has been sucked up. Not the case most times.

* Very heavy to hold. The motor is underneath the handle so you are constantly flexing your arm muscle just to hold it. Think holding a dumbbell with your outstretched arm, except in front of you. Gets tiring only after a short while. Definitely not suitable for older people or people with injuries/RSI's.

* Taking the wand off the motorised head or off the main unit for cleaning or to use with attachments is a feat of strength. It's always stuck and I have to pry the machine apart. Putting it back together also requires brute force.

* When taken apart to use the attachments, it picks up nothing! There is hardly any suction. Totally useless for spot cleaning. I can literally hold it over a small dried leaf and it does nothing. I was using the dustpan A LOT while owning this VAX.

* Cleaning the filter/S was a royal pain. There are 3 components, 2 of which are thick sponges that have to be "beaten" repeatedly to remove dust. By this time, most of the dust is all over you and all over the floor. There is no way to localise this dust removal to the bin. It would have to be done outside in the open air with a dust mask on. Very impractical.

*The brush roll was constantly clogged as the opening was so narrow you could hardly get your fingers in to remove hair and fibers. In the manual it said you need to unscrew 6 !! screws to get the entire brush roll out for cleaning. Seriously now.....The Electrolux has a simple lever to remove the brush roll but is hardly needed as it also has a button you press with your foot to cut all the hairs which then just gets sucked up.

I've pretty much described the entire unit. There are no positives :( Get the Ergorapido if you want the best. I've owned 3. The first one was a looong time ago and didn't have a lithium battery so it died after 2 years. Second is still alive at mums place as a second vac. As my sole vacuum, it started to decline in battery hold so I decided to upgrade and "change" (big mistake). They were all AMAZING vacuum cleaners especially if you have 2 cats with fur and kitty litter tracks everywhere. DYSON"S suck too (not in a good way). I should know as a cleaner I have to use many of them and surprising to me they are pretty much useless except on carpet, but most vac's do well on carpet even the crappy ones.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Pleased so far

Bought this Vax a week ago to replace a Dyson V5 whose battery failed after 14 months service. Still waiting for replacement battery from Dyson. Vac VX60 is noticeably heavier than Dyson but performs equally as well and costs considerably less. Cleaning the dust container is easier than on the Dyson but beware there are filters that need washing in water and drying for 24 hours before putting back in machine. This does not have to be done after every vacuum as I use a soft paintbrush to brush the majority off after each use. This is easy to do. What I find inconvenient is that every time you turn it on it defaults to having the power head OFF and the power setting to MAX. I prefer the power head ON and power setting on NORMAL. The Dyson retains the previous settings when switched off which is more convenient. Lets see how long it lasts but it is off to a promising start based on cleaning performance. Recommended. Update Nov 18. Five months on the Vax is still going fine and our Dyson vac has just killed its replacement battery after about 3 months easy use.

Value for money!

Great all around vacuum. Perfect on hard floor, works well on carpet and rugs.the suction power is more than what I expected. The bonus blade kit lifts the value even higher. The power brush works really well.
The only downside is:
1. Body rather heavy. A bit tired when vacuuming for a longer time or in awkward spaces
2. Removing dust not as easy as advertised. A lot of light dust settle on the filter and need to dig out using finger. Or take the entire filter out, than tap it to the dustbin, which is a bit messy.

Very good value and stick vacuum overall.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Super convenient

It's powerful & cleans well especially when you use the brushbar function. Super convenient as there is no cords needing to be plugged in while you use it. Simple charge it when you're not using it then away you go. Charge tends to last for 1 or 2 vacuums of my 2 bedroom apartment before needing to be charged again.

Date PurchasedMar 2018