Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

66 questions from our users

Popsy
Popsyasked

Hello,
We received our Vegepod a few weeks ago and love it. Dwarf beans, salad etc are growing well but because we use our water butt could we please have some idea how often to water.
Anne - UK

AnneP
AnnePasked

My vegepod is not thriving
Tomato leaves turning yellow
Strawberries not fruiting
Spinach not growing
Any ideas?

Proodle
Proodleasked

I cant find a way to prevent build-up of large mats of very fine roots, no matter what I have grown in the soil. This has never happened in my regular garden so I would love to know why it does in the pod and how to deal with that, apart from a huge amount of energy to pull it all out and separate the roots from the soil

Pamela
Pamelaasked

how much is the small size

hi pam
the base unit with canopy is $199.
stands are optional extras
thanks

Karen A
Karen Aasked

Can I turn a large vegepod into 2 x medium vegepods?

How many bags does it take to fill a large vegepod?

Tess
Tess
JamesVegepodSend a private message

technically you can but you would need extra parts (new corners as you divide the big one and new smaller canopies) as tess suggests.

Vegepod asked

Live in Canada what do people do in winter with the pod?

Chris R.
Chris R.

Watch the snow cover it. Just a joke, I live in Vancouver.

Stephen
Stephenasked

Is the cover for a vegepod temperature sensitive. I am finding the cover hard to install at 16 C. Does it become more pliable and stretch at higher temperatures?

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Hi Steve, it does change a little with temps but that still shouldnt change you eing able to put on. If still extremely hard and super tight for some reason, please get in contact with your local office.

Sandy baker warner
Sandy baker warnerasked

Have you improved from plastic fittings some reviews found the plastic fittingswere substandard

Del

Still have same ones so far

JamesVegepodSend a private message

HI Sandy, Yes the connectors have been changed. The first models had green ones and are now white, they have more UV stabiliser and the new ones even had slightly diff thickness. All good!

DAB
DABasked

I plan on purchasing the large size with the stand. I want to place it on a raised wooden deck. But I’ve read that total weight can reach 450kg. Any advice? Thank you.

Del

Get two medium place other sides of deck

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Yes it does get that heavy. We have never heard of them going through standard wooden decks though. You will have to check the integrity of your deck to be sure.

Mayasked

What is the depth of the vegepod please?
I'll like to know as some plants need deeper base

Darren
Darren

Probably about 2 foot in the deepest part

Thank you.

Riemke
Riemkeasked

I was wondering how often the potting, compost mix needs to be changed or topped up. Mine has been growing greens for about 6 months. Everything was fine however, my last lot of rocket seeds didn't do so well, they look very scraggly and now they are being attacked by some type of minute insect. There are, what looks like, heaps of eggs on the bottom of the leaves and some minute insect that is crawling over the leaves. The leaves also feel a bit sticky. As I said, have been growing greens but was thinking of trying radishes in the hope of adding some nitrogen or ? to the mix to help it. Should I refresh the soil first? Any ideas?

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Yes Riemke. Soil needs refeeding and turning over to improve and maintain structures. UAe a couple bags of cow manure or our Vegepod Booster fert and conditioner. Veg take out nutrients of the soil and require refeeding for next crops!

Jenny d.
Jenny d.asked

How much

Leahbel
Leahbel

Hi. The medium with the trolley on wheels and a shade cloth cover was nearly $600

JamesVegepodSend a private message

hi jenny depends on the size and which optional stands or trolleys you may want
the small pod with canopy is 199, medium is 299 and large 449

Karen P.
Karen P.asked

I purchased 2 medium vegepods and the stands. This was expensive, but I didn’t care as long as it solved my problem with the pests. I was very excited that I wouldn’t have that problem any longer. Well, I am very frustrated and disappointed because I still have a pest problem. Something is eating the hell out of my mustard greens. They were growing so pretty and every day, more and more is being eaten. I’m so frustrated right now. I spent a lot of money and still have the same problems I had before. Can somebody tell me why you advertise as pest free when it’s not?

Kylie B.
Kylie B.

if you grew them from seedlings, perhaps they came with bug eggs

Sharon G
Sharon Gasked

I live in Wisconsin, USA approx 44 deg latitude. have a canopy but wondering if this is too much shading. The pod is in the shade of a tree for 3-4 hours a day and wonder if I should keep canopy off except on really hot days for optimal growth?

Aida A.
Aida A.asked

Can it tolerate the heat in middle east? Reaching 50 degrees celsius during summer.

Hello Aida,
Yes. The water reservoirs below help for a start. Then you can also add the extra green shade cover. Vegepod UAE and Vegepod Qatar have already been doing very well throughout these temperatures.
Thanks.

Fran K.
Fran K.asked

Live in Newstead Vic. Does the lift up lid protect veg from Frost?

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Yes the commercial farming mesh does indeed stop air frost in its own right. But even if super super cold frost you can get the additional hothouse cover (non permeable clear greenhouse effect) to add extra warmth.

Helen T.
Helen T.asked

Can I visit your site in Terry Hills? I'm Northern Beaches local - or do you only sell via other outlets?
I'm concerned about all the neg reviews I've read here! mould, putting it together, nuts bolts holes not aligned, potting mix, permalite - $ are super important to me - I'm not loaded!! argh! I was so keen
Bridget

Chris Hancock

Most reviews are pretty good, given the 4.4 average.
The plastic can warp a bit and muck up the bolt hole alignments, but I was able to work my way around this using a screwdriver and hammer and finally assemble the unit.

Dave
Daveasked

Hi what is the length and diameter of your PVC pipes.?

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Depends which size pod Dave.
What are you thinking?

Peterasked

One week ago I purchased a large Vegepod, and immediately after assembling I filled it with quality potting mix. On day one I planted some seeds and already they are germinating - great! However this morning there is a thin film of what looks like mould growing on the entire surface of the soil. The pod is positioned in full sun. Can you please advise what I have done wrong or what needs to be done? Thanks Peter

Excellent - many thanks

1Juliette
1Julietteasked

Do I have to leave the canopy up in the daytime

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Hi Juliette most definitely not! Defeats the purpose. See our FAQ page on ge website.
Happy growing

Wary Consumer

Get an answer from our members and Vegepod representatives

Other Garden Maintenance Products