2Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits Questions & Answers

Elly Heenan
Elly Heenan

Help I need some answers as to why my vege plants aren’t thriving in my vege pods. I’ve noticed lately that the overflow water smells stagnant. I changed the soil at the middle of last year and have never used perlite. Should I completely clean out especially the wicking wells. Look forward to hearing your solutions. Elly

Kate L
Kate L

Hi
My misters were working fine and now not at all. Nothing changed with the pod. It seemed to happen overnight. Any suggestions as it’s very frustrating?

margaret H.
margaret H.

As we now live in a retirement village, our large Vege Pod in too big for the place. Are we able to just have 2 half ones?

Vegepod   DM

Yes thats absolutely possible! Best way is to email us at info@vegepod.com.au and tell us you want to convert your large into two mediums, and we will help you out with a conversion kit

Susan S.
Susan S.

I have a query regarding a constant drip from one of the spray misters on the top pipe of my large just installed vegepod. When the water is turned on, this spray mister just drips and as it is the second one from the hose outlet, it takes water meant for the last 2 misters while at the same time flooding the second bay of the pod.This occurred from the first time the pod was put together and the water pipe was connected to the hose.

I have tried a new spray mister but it appears that the hole in the pipe does not allow the mister to 'take' and to be tightened. All other misters are tight but this one was and is still loose. Any suggestions on how to rectify this issue? Should I try plumbers tape to try and seal the drip to rectify the problem?

Vegepod   DM

Hi Susan Apologies to hear you are having problems with your sprinkler line
Please contact Vegepod - info@vegepod.com.au and we can organise to send you replacement.
Pam

JimB
JimB

Any shortcut to stretching mesh? I am 80 plus with no help!! It looks a great system when I get it going - should have a warning about stretching the cover!! Could I soak it or something?? JimB

GroveChooks

Hi JimB. I suggest you email vegepod and ask their advice. As vegepod is an NDIS approved product there may be some tips they can provide.
info@vegepod.com.au

StuC
StuC

Hi Jim, make sure the frame connectors are fully pushed home on all sides. If they are not fully home the frame will be too big for the cover. The website video is very good. Best of luck

Vegepod   DM

Hi Jim, Stu is spot on here. 99% of the time it is because all the poles are not all the way pushed into the connectors. There is a video on the website on putting the canopy together. Ill put the YouTube link here: external link . However if that doesnt work feel free to email us at info@vegepod.com.au and we can get your sorted. Cheers

Hi
Just turned on the irrigation on my new pod and the spray jets became blocked instantly.
Every other join is clear. How do I clean the little jets?

GroveChooks

We had the same problem and had to unscrew all of the jets and clean them out. I think tiny bits of plastic from the manufacturing process block the jets. Wish we had tested the irrigation before we installed it in the pod. They should recommend this in the instructions. Jets worked perfectly afterwards. Good luck.

Hi
Thanks your feedback. I’ve tried cleaning the jets but can’t seem to clear them. Tried with a small needle and soaking in vinegar. How did you go about it?
Cheers

Vegepod   DM

Gday Ren, sorry to hear about the watering issue. Sounds like their may be an issue actually in the elbow of the black irrigation pipe, i.e. where the two black tubes meet. We recommend loosening the silver ratchet, pulling apart to check for a blockage there. If that doesnt work you can always send through a photo of how its looking to us at info@vegepod.com.au for us to take a look. Cheers

ClaudiaH
ClaudiaH

Hello! I get some water leakage from the side pieces mounted on the top, after watering. I use a watering can (my Vegepod is indoors in a grow tent, with grow lights just above it). Is it just that the water "dumped" too much and overwhelmed things? Would it be better if I used a garden sprayer? No water came out of the overflow hole near the bottom (I used one gallon only). Thanks for any pointers you can offer! Claudia

Gypsy
Gypsy

We’ve had lots of rain (plus watered regularly) yet our seedlings are dying and the soil is dry.
Every time we water via the vegepod sprinkling system, we have water flowing from the overflow outlets within 5 minutes. Any suggestions on how retain the water in the vegepod bed? We used soil and mulching as recommended when setting up the system a couple of weeks ago.

Vegepod   DM

Hello Gypsy. Very strange indeed. The reservoirs beneath the soil are clearly full. They will not come into effect for the wicking yet if only two weeks and the seedlings still have such baby short roots. They will need time to establish. Having said that you sare saying the top soil is also drying out so quickly even after you water? That should not occur unless really barky/ over structured poor soil quality. It may also lack nutrients of so.
Exactly what soil did you use? Is is a premium certified bag? Please watch Episode 11 of the Assembly videos on our website under Support. Bulk soils are always rubbish and not all bagged soil is the same. Please watch that closely.
Are you also getting enough direct sunlight? It’s been hard innOz lately due to the weather and even professional farmers are challenged.
There is a wonderful community support group (proudly not run by us!) of 15k fellow podders providing advice too on Vegepod Owners FB group.
Good on to also try

ColinS

My new 7 jet misting sprayer won’t mist, only dribbles, any suggestions, I followed directions carefully and tried 3 different hoses, there is no leakage anywhere. Bit puzzled

Ta Colin

Barry Tanzer
Barry Tanzer

Hi Colin - check the right angle fitting that connects the filler hose onto the mister hose. It may be obstructed and not allow sufficient volume of water into mister hose to work misters.

ColinS

Thanks so much barry, the L connection makes complete sense, I’ll check asap, I wanted to try every logical thing before bothering vegepod, reluctant to touch the misters as they look delicate. Thanks again colin

Vegepod   DM

Hi Colin That does seem strange indeed, sorry to hear of it. Where is all the pressure? If a normal pressured hose is turned on and it is only dribbling out, then the pressure must be either relieving or being contained somewhere.
If the hose is coming from a gravity-fed rain water tank only for example it won’t be enough pressure to force misters into play)
If you’d like to send a short vid to our admin team by email we can look at it for you too.
If there is an issue with the tubing somehow then of course we shall replace. Let’s have a look

I’ve sent videos james

ColinS

Hi James, manythanks for the replacement new mister arm. I’m sure all will be well as soon as I can replace the unit, amazing customer service btw, vegepod a wonderful company to deal with

Colin

Vegepod   DM

Thanks. We vow to always keep good ole fashion local customer service

1roma
1roma

Can I unsnap side walls as I have assembled them incorrectly without breaking them?

Vegepod   DM

Hello. It’s hard to tell without seeing what you have done. I would suggest you place the incorrectly assembled parts in boiling water for a few secs to soften the material and then try to reverse what you have done.
Please email pics in perhaps to our office and our team can alos chekc for you and make suggestions. Thanks

Ian W.
Ian W.

We have excessive water in our vegepod. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Vegepod   DM

There definitely should be no water at all in the vegepod soil region, only the wicking reservoirs beneath the soil and plates. Water should travel out of the overflow holes once they reach that ridge mark. You can see the holes (only on one end of the base trays) about the diameter of a pen. Ensure that has'nt been blocked with foreign matter somehow. If still cannot work it out, please give our office a call. We have good ole fashioned instant Aussie customer service to walk you through things! Thanks

Marilyn

Can I put the canopy on the side of the medium vegepod instead of the back

Vegepod   DM

Hello Marilyn, The canopies can be hiinged on any side at all for all sizes. The hinge clips are interchangeable for all sides!
thanks
james

Ron H.
Ron H.

The nozzles on my Vegepod drip water and do not spray although they have been tightened and loosen.

Popsy
Popsy

Hello,
We received our Vegepod a few weeks ago and love it. Dwarf beans, salad etc are growing well but because we use our water butt could we please have some idea how often to water.
Anne - UK

Vegepod   DM

Hello Anne, we have a whole FAQ on that on our website - please see under Support page.
In short every second day for example in warm weather whilst the babies are young, but once they establish and get longer roots you can back off as they will draw from the wicking reservoirs below. The plants will let you know when wilting and needing more too!
James

AnneP
AnneP

My vegepod is not thriving
Tomato leaves turning yellow
Strawberries not fruiting
Spinach not growing
Any ideas?

Vegepod   DM

Hi Anne, Sounds like a classic case of either not enough sun or not rich enough soil (or both!). Please also feel free to tap into the Vegepod Owners FB groupd (not run by us!) where over 10,000 podders are all helping and sharing. A lovely mob and great resource. Thanks and welcome to the family!

Proodle
Proodle

I cant find a way to prevent build-up of large mats of very fine roots, no matter what I have grown in the soil. This has never happened in my regular garden so I would love to know why it does in the pod and how to deal with that, apart from a huge amount of energy to pull it all out and separate the roots from the soil

Vegepod   DM

Hi Proodle, Not quite sure what you mean as a difference to any other garden bed. Hopefully i can help with a little advice. All plants will build up roots in the soil directly beneath them for generally up to a foot. In between crops, you should pull out all the old deadened crops and ensure to take out the roots with them. Turn over / till the soil. We recommend you use some perlite throughout the soil to keep it light and fluffy - hence easy to pull out and till the soil. Some people believe in leaving old roots there to break down over time but this can take up space of nice new fresh soil or potting mix with plenty of nutrients being added in. Please feel free to contact our admin support team with pics etc and we'll endeavour to help further!

Pamela
Pamela

how much is the small size

Vegepod   DM

hi pam the base unit with canopy is $199.
stands are optional extras
thanks

Karen A
Karen A

Can I turn a large vegepod into 2 x medium vegepods?

How many bags does it take to fill a large vegepod?

Tess

Not sure that I am qualified to answer this. In my limited experience each vegepod comes with its own accessories including cover which cannot be divided to make two. I used a lot of soil (did not count the bags). Overall it’s an expensive exercise hope it’s worth it in the long run.
Good luck.

Vegepod   DM

technically you can but you would need extra parts (new corners as you divide the big one and new smaller canopies) as tess suggests.

Vegepod

Live in Canada what do people do in winter with the pod?

Chris R.
Chris R.

Watch the snow cover it. Just a joke, I live in Vancouver.

Vegepod   DM

The beauty of vegepods even in freezing countries is that you no longer have to bring them inside during those months! Even if it freezes, the taper shape of thewicking well bases means no splitting and freeszes move up and out instead. If you get heavy snow though probably best to just bring collapse the canopy and bring inside

Stephen
Stephen

Is the cover for a vegepod temperature sensitive. I am finding the cover hard to install at 16 C. Does it become more pliable and stretch at higher temperatures?

Vegepod   DM

Hi Steve, it does change a little with temps but that still shouldnt change you eing able to put on. If still extremely hard and super tight for some reason, please get in contact with your local office.

Get an answer from our members and Vegepod representatives