Velectrix Urban 2.0

Velectrix Urban 2.0

3.9

11 reviews · Statistics

64%27%9%
Brand Manager for Velectrix Urban 2.0? Claim your listing.
See the Best Road Bikes in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

GeeJay2 posts

Control panel

Yesterday morning, my velectrix pulse stx switched on to level 1 power, but it wouldn’t allow me to click up the power level, or turn on the lights. After parking the bike up for an hour while I participated in the local Park Run it turn on as usual, allowed extra power selection, and light turn on.
Is there something strange happening, or is it just one of those thing? Show details
Hintzy
HintzyQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Geared too high

Bought a Step Thru Urban + for my wife, great quality, very well specked for the price - but it’s too highly geared. To ride on the flat easily without assistance you need to be in a low gear, if you hit a slope even with assistance you still need a low gear. I tried a steep slope on level 5 assistance in the lowest gear available and I struggled - I’m an experienced cyclist having climbed Willunga Hill many times, this bike geared as supplied couldn’t do it, even with max assist. I know it’s an urban bike, but the front chain ring needs to be 38t, not 48t
Trish

Fehmi Ç.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Fair Incentive Verified
lawyerzMelbourne24 posts

lawyerz

I've had a second mishap with the rear wheel and its spokes coming completely loose and is not just a matter of re-tightening. The entire rear wheel needed to be sent to Velectrix again for the 2nd time for a 2nd rebuild.

Mick P.
Mick P.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent for commuting

This is the second electric bike I've owned, and vastly better than the previous one. Despite its weight (typical for similar bikes), it feels very well balanced to ride. The Shimano Acera gears change smoothly, and the bike handles my 9km commute in way quicker time than using public transport. I wanted to be able to purchase from a local bike shop and they set it up for me perfectly. The lights are really the only weakness - I put some USB-chargeable ones on. The stand is solid, the rack supports a set of panniers nicely. Overall I highly recommend it. Show details
Griffo
GriffoNSWSydney, NSW12 posts

Andrew B.
Andrew B.Canberra3 posts

Excellent well priced commuter e-bike

I've purchased the urban+ model to use for my regular commute into work. I've found that it's easy to ride and the electric motor really allows me to decide how much effort I want to put in, while still maintaining a good speed.

The urban plus model comes with good features, including disc brakes, rack and lights. I'd recommend this to anyone considering an e-bike.

Andrew

Show details

Chris P
Chris PSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA39 posts

Flattens Hills

A heavy bike (20kgs) lacking front suspension. Bumps are hard but it's smooth on road. Good roll on and handling. Quality components and finish. Hill climbing is a breeze. Affordable and enjoyable piece if kit. After 25 years of

motorcycling it's great for recreation and health. Will be locally produced in 2020.

Show details

Moh Rezaee
Moh RezaeeMill Park4 posts

Affordable ebike

I am travelling to work 25 km each way and only bike could help me in hills was this bike. It is very affordable as well as very easy to ride. It has powerful motor as pedal assistant for hills. It was one of the best investment I did for my health. Super happy with that.