Velocity Frequent Flyer

Velocity Frequent Flyer

See the Best Rewards & Loyalty Programs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Buk_Cake

Buk_CakeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible Rewards | Locked my account | can't find flights

Terrible.

- Terrible rewards program with little to no useful "deals". BP is moving away soon so no point in me keeping this membership.

- They locked my account after writing my password wrong three times. Then, when I couldn't answer their security question I had to call them and they asked me to email them my driver's license or passport and that it would take 5 business days to recover my account. Are you serious? Is this a joke? Why are these companies using "security questions" as a way to recover passwords?

- Impossible to find a good/decent flight using only points.

1/10. I'll be moving away from this TERRIBLE point system.

Max L.W

Max L.WMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

NO points from other airline partners except for Virgin Australia

I flew with other airline partners which could earn points showing on the Velocity website, however, ZERO points at the end after several months, even I claimed online by myself. What's going on?
If customers could not earn eligible points from those airline partners, just move their logo from the website, don't mislead customers.

BobHattonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Can't seem to get my points....

Registered a temporary card and have used BP fuel on at least four occassions since and swiped the card. A month has gone by and still no points showing. No real contact details on their webpage but only a feedback form. Have filled this in over a week ago and no return reply. Awful service; no wonder BP is ditching them.

Lorna

LornaHobart, TAS

Poor program for redeeming points

Tried to book a rental car using points and kept getting an error message. When I rang to resolve issue I was transferred to several different operators who obviously follow script and do not have the tools or authority to resolve issue in any meaningful way. Very frustrating and opaque process, and still did not mange to book a car redeeming points after an hour on the phone with the operator finally saying we had a hit a wall and hecould do nothing more to help me

Scam Introduction

Do not trust their program and their partners. I was introduced to E-rewards, a survey website. I did many surveys for months and saved bunch of rewarding points in my account. Then, E-rewards deactivated my account for no reason. I asked for the reason and the evidences for many time. But they ignored. Since E-rewards was introduced by Velocity program and the points could only be redeemed to Velocity points, I contacted Velocity and got the same result. It is a definite scam.

Michael

Michael

Not a great program

A Platinum member for 10 years; still cannot upgrade using points to Business class for the past 3 years, and a loyal flyer. When I questioned why I have not been upgraded in the past 3 years, the lady on the phone was very condescending, unprofessional and contradictory – an unpleasant experience. I asked her to ‘think about the program’, and the reply was what do ‘YOU’ think should happen. She subtly suggested that I change airlines. Will go back to Qantas.

Jus B.

Jus B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Expired points and misleading emails

Virgin sent an email 30 days prior that says my points can be expired then 2 days after expiry dates, they sent an email to wish me happy birthday with all my points still intact. I read the email and thought i will wait another week to spend on the discounts they offer for my birthday. Logged in then and found zero points. Called and emailed them, took forever for them to get back to me and didnt reinstate my points. I found this to be misleading. I will never fly virgin or collect their points anymore. I lost 200k points! What a joke virgin

Up yours expedia

Up yours expedia

Status rrewards a joke

Booked business rewards using points and pay. You receive zero flying and Status points by booking this fare. The points used are obviously given a monetary value or they couldn't come up with a value for the flight. Yes it's a discounted fare but why not give a reduced points/Status earn percentage instead of zero.

Jace

JaceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Status rewards policy is a joke and you will eventually go backwards.

The status rewards policy is that accrued points drop off after 12 months. So if you’re a regular flyer like myself, you lose points as fast as you earn them. Where’s the loyalty on Virgins behalf in that policy? What’s the reward for frequent flying? None after the first 12 months. They suggested I take some international flights to get more points. Then I would lose big next year. It’s a complete joke and not worth the effort in the first place. Other airlines offer much fairer system.

honest

honest

Extreme tactics to avoid awarding points

I bought from a partner through the Velocity website. Points were not awarded so I had to submit a claim for missing points. Despite the fact that I filled in all the data and forwarded my invoice with my initial claim, I had to respond to a further four requests for the invoice to be sent through in different formats ... it had to be attached to the email... but not in that file type....The number and type of excuses for not awarding the points became funny. They did everything short of asking me to cross stitch the invoice onto a pillow for them. I got the points in the end through sheer bloody mindedness but wouldn’t bother again. Lesson learnt Virgin.

cvb

cvbGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

don't book a holiday with them

booked a package weeks ago never got my 4900 points been on phone for hours over the last few weeks they all blame everyone else finally was assured I would get it resolved and nothing .just ignored why send out emails promising points if you book then don't give them .would have booked elsewhere probably cheaper ..never again Velocity

zoe110

zoe110

Ridiculous

Kept getting emails threatening me that my account would be closed due to “inactivity “ even though we have taken 5 international trips this year with virgin......
Hopeless overseas call centre wanted me to get my SIX year old to call and verify his account . Utter rubbish. Won’t bother with virgin again.

Jimmy

JimmyAustralian Capital Territory

horrible and time waster

I have a velocity card with about 200,000 points to use. I used twice at BP stations, then always declined after. Velocity gave me another card to use, but then again declined with reason insufficient fund even I checked my account and see the points are still there. I ended up paying more for petrol as PB is the most expensive station.
Very frustrated and time wasting promotion.

Jamie

Jamie

They made it extremely difficult to gain status credits

I’m very frequent flyer with virgin domestic due to work. They have made it so difficult to gain status credits that it’s a losing battle to maintain gold status or even gain it in the first place. I vastly exceeded eligible sectors by a factor of ten but still need tons of more points to achieve gold , the status points only valid for a petty one year which means your always losing points every month it’s a losing battle. Not worth it

Mikey UK

Mikey UKSouth East Queensland, QLD

They promise lots and delivery agony!!

Tim

TimMelbourne

The Customer Care Team SUSPENDS people's account

Don't join, it's a waste of time. The bonus points promises are empty promises.
The Customer Care Team based in the Philippines cares less about your loyalty and hard earned points.
Makes me want to fly with Virgin less from now on.

Ben

Ben

Do NOT trust this scam - they SUSPEND your account nilly willy ... to stop you earning points

This is a scam and should be banned in Australia.

They suspend your account and forfeit your hard earned points when they realised you earned too many points. I would not use them, stick with Qantas FF program instead.

Shano

ShanoSydney, NSW

Refused Xmas Bonus - Claimed Offer not Activated (but it was)

Thank you for contacting us about the Christmas bonus offer on behalf....

As per the Terms and Conditions, to be eligible for the promotion, members must successfully activate the bonus Points offer online and earn Velocity Points between 20 November 2018 and 08 January 2019 (Promotion Period) with three (3) or more Participating Partners.

I understand he was able to transact with more than 5 of the Participating Partners during the promo period however after further review, I found that the promotion was not activated on his account.

As much as Id like to, we cannot honor his activities for the bonus Velocity Points.

MattLaunceston, TAS

Virgin E-Store unreliable ...

I was excited when Virgin E-store were offering 10 points per dollar when purchasing a Lenovo laptop computer. I went through all procedures accurately only to be told weeks later by E-store that my purchase was not eligible. Correspondence ensued for about two months and everything seemed hopeful. Then, despite providing all the requested evidence, my claim was again rejected. The reasons given were not only inaccurate but also confused. My perseverance paid off however and eventually all eligible points were correctly credited. It's unlikely I will use the E-store again as a result of their unreliability.

Clinton

ClintonHilbert

Velocity and virgin are very deceptive