Velocity Frequent Flyer

Velocity Frequent Flyer

See the Best Rewards & Loyalty Programs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Velocity Frequent Flyer? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Wendy
WendyPerth, WA

I have tried to log in. My ff number is not recognised even though it is correct and the program send me emails with the number. Tried without my ff number - it was a two leg journey. And it accepted and gave me info then would only book the first leg. I gave up and went to Qantas. Please - whoever is in charge of this website - do something about it. You must be losing megabucks.

Justin T.
Justin T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No common sense and Unreasonable

Call in to unlock my account as I input the password incorrectly, not sure how that happens when password was saved
Anyway when I spoke to operator, they ID me with velocity frequent flyer number and then full name and email address and DOB
After all that information I was told they cant unlock my account and I need to send through photo ID to unlock my account

What a joke of a process

Understand why Qantas frequent flyer is the better choice

MAK
MAKSydney, NSW

Very poor, no flexibility at all

I got two virgin lounge passes. As the lounges were closed due to covid, they expired. Now virgin won't accept that and extend their expiry. Complete scam. They shut down the lounge, I still travelled in September. Never flying again with them. Overpriced rip off.

This is one company you can live without.

Here's my story. Recent flight to Brisbane and back to Canberra. To avoid check in I downloaded the Virgin Australia app on smart phone/ mobile to get the boarding passes. This all worked well and a great app. Both this app also has a velocity app link, and it's this bit that's outdated and complete crap and wait of time. A suggestion to Virgin Australia to remove this crap link to a truly crap company. Seems to advise customers to wait 2 weeks before submitting a manual form each time to somehow redeem some so called velocity points. So sent a complaint to company, as in 2021 companies should really be retrieving data in real time but this company is set back in the middle ages. So given up with crap velocity pointing crap...

Rewards & Loyalty Programs

Find out how Velocity Frequent Flyer compares to other Rewards & Loyalty Programs

Velocity Shop & customer service is a nightmare

I tried ordering a smart watch with my frequent flyer points. The first package arrived in a week which was fine, but the Velocity partner sent the wrong product.
I sent back straight away, but I've now been waiting over a month. Each time I emailed their customer service I get the same generic answer along the lines of - the supplier has told us the product will arrive by X and then take 7 business days to ship, then allow postage time on top.
After 4-5 loops of asking for updates and getting nothing useful I decided to ask for a points refund - the answer I got? The points refund will take between 5 and 30 business days!!
Why does a product take 7 business days to ship?? Why does a refund take 5 days to process, let alone 30??

nissacow
nissacowSydney, NSW

Not even worth one star

Despite numerous flights, the points are NEVER credited. Took part in the double points captain Snooze promo and again NO points credited...
Am told when I ring "they will likely appear on next month's statement" and when that NEVER happens "its too late to claim as it was two months ago"
Seems to be yet another fake news RORT so typical nowadays

Matt
MattSydney, NSW

Customer Service at all?

I am just in the waiting loop for the last hour trying to cancel a flight (which I cannot do online). I am on Platinum status for several year and never waited longer than say 2 minutes to get someone on the phone.
Seems Virgin Australia is gone, I guess I am off as well :-(

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
paulhowrah tasmania

That they stop thieves is great.

A friend had shopper points stolen from their account, [but not from Velocity.] If you forgot your password & also forgot your own security question, how else do they know it is not a thief? When I forgot my password, they quickly accepted my security answer. Ask your bank what is the safest way to recall these security details, as it is so important in today's data theft.'

Grandpa.Ears
Grandpa.Ears

Why is the shop closed?

I still keep getting emails from Velocity Rewards telling me of the wonderful points earning opportunities there are. What they don't tell me is that I can't use my current points in the Velocity Rewards shop, even though (according to emails received from Virgin Australia) the shop is a completely separate business from Virgin Australia. So Virgin Australia going bust should have nothing to do with Velocity Rewards and the shop.

Dave
DaveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent program, great seat availability

Aussiebloke34
Aussiebloke34Perth, WA

Gets best frequent flyer program award for a reason

Velocity gets awarded the best frequent flyer program for a reason, it smashes most others to pieces and any it doesn't still wins in a fair comparison.

The people here literally are just whining because they haven't read or asked or heard properly. I was advised points never expire as long as you add points to your account in any way shape or form. This was extremely clear.

Customer service has always been exceptional.

The ONLY fault is the taxes when paying with points for a flight (very excessive) but this is the same with every single airline carrier, so Velocity is not alone in this regards and they have to make money somehow.

Dishonest People
Dishonest PeopleWheatbelt, WA

Don't always believe people.

I have all the receipts for 1 year from BP,who had advised me to hang onto until april 2020.Now I have been told the reciepts can't be claimed on the new system.I can't seem to find true answers to my questions ???

Gezza
GezzaSydney, NSW

Great New Experience

I was with them only 9 months and was given Gold status. Free entry to lounges etc. I am saving madly for my first International rewards flight but the winner by far was my recent upgrade on a flight which I didn't even ask for. Spent 15 years with Qantas FF and no such service as it was impossible to reach the status credits required.

Laurel
LaurelSydney, NSW

Virgin lost 2 customers forever!

When we first joined Velocity they said "your points will never expire". Then they kept changing the rules. I had over 100,000 velocity reward points before my husband and I went on our retirement trip to see the world. The points expired while we were away (didn't see their emails) but same as others, Virgin won't reinstate them. So much for loyalty. Will never, ever, ever fly Virgin again.

4 days trying to ring to change a flight.

It took 4 days of ringing & waiting for over 2 hours with no response, trying to change a flight because i purchased my ticket using velocity points.When i did get thru was told i had rung the wrong person to which i waited another 1 hour before speaking to this person. Pathetic!