Victa 82V Power Cut 883241

Victa 82V Power Cut 883241

Best mower I have ever owned, clean and efficient.

After doing a lot of research I decided to stick with Victa mowers and was delighted when they put this model out. I injured my shoulder on my last mower from the cord breaking and was tired of the maintenance costs. Electric is so fantastic, quiet, no smell and simple start system. Easy to push around, and we have an uneven lawn but does the job well, you have a choice of several levels so you can adjust the cut. Charging is easy and lasts long enough, usually you are glad it has run out so you can have a cup of tea and a rest! Does quite a big area before it needs charging again. I don't use the catcher mainly because I don't need to and the grass gets caught in the material, this would be the only thing they need to improve. I bought if from a smaller dealer who ordered it in for me and put is all together and checked it over before I picked it up.

Purchased in December 2017 for $499.00.

It's a real lawnmower!

Batteries are the future of lawn and garden care, if this is anything to go by. Wifey loves the fact that she doesn't have to kill herself trying to pull start a petrol motor. The steel deck is good'n'tough. It gets through the bulk of our 150m2 Queensland lawn in 1 shift, then a 30 min drinks break whilst it recharges, and then a nice finish off cut. I'd give it 5 stars if the battery went for longer.

Purchased in June 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Product is used: Occasionally

Perfect mower for ease of use

This mower is easy to manoeuvre especially for someone with a small build like myself. I especially love that no petrol is needed and so it is environmentally sound with no bad fumes being inhaled. Leaves grass looking well manicured.....our land isn’t the easiest land to mow and yet we do with ease with this one.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

This is a useful mower

We selected this model because it has the steel deck, brushless motor, battery life 30 mins, fast charging and Victas reputation.
Of course we tried it out as soon as we got it home. The battery took about 30 mins to charge from 50% to full charge.
Assembly of the mower was an easy task although the instructions were poor.

The test lawn is 100 sqm of Kikuyu grass of varying height. Unsurprisingly, We found this mower as hard to push as its petrol predecessor. It made a good job of cutting the grass although we found we needed to adjust the height upward in thicker sections of the lawn.
The mower is quiet and there were no issues.
The catcher is pretty flimsy.
The instruction manual seems overly cautious, wanting the user to take out the key and remove the battery for tasks such as height adjustment and emptying the grass catcher. Removal of the battery from the mower isn't easy.
At the end of the test mow the remaining battery capacity was 50%.
This indicates the capacity of this mower will be enough for a 200 sqm lawn, good enough for our need.
I have taken a star off because of the crappy manual.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Product is used: Occasionally

High quality and good value

Well built and has a far superior power output compared to most other electric mowers on the market. The base is steel not plastic. This, together with the powerful battery, really distinguish this mower from the plastic toy alternatives. I know because I had a plastic junk mower (Baume) prior to buying the Victa. The battery lasts long enough to get a good sized lawn done and the mower doesn't conk out in heavy grass.

The catcher is large and easy to use.

Battery charges quickly as well.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $500.00.

Product is used: Weekly

How does this mower get 5 star reviews??!!

I bought this mower after talking to the Victa rep at Bunnings. I decided I wanted battery model after owning a corded Ozito which after 2 Years finally died. I have had an immaculate lawn for 2 years running the cheapest plastic mower but the cut quality on this mower is aweful in comparison. I payed $500 to be cord free but now suffer a terrible cut. Complained to Victa through their website but absolutely no response. One star from me and that’s for being cordless sorry really doesn’t deserve more.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

I’m converted. This is the future of lawn care.

What a cracking mower. When making my decision at Bunnings I looked at all their options. Most looked like little kids toys, it came down to 3 brands AEG, Dewalt and Victa. These 3 all looked like would do the job, I wanted a metal base over the plastic it just sits better across the terrain. Motor power and battery performance was the next consideration, the Victa at $499 was atleast $250 cheaper and seemed to be on par. First use I was super impressed with performance and how quiet it was. I’m so glad I’m converted to cordless rather than a smelly petrol mower. I’d highly recommend this product for anyone looking for a cordless mower.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Great Mower. Better than Petrol

Wow! So happy I made the decision to buy this mower. For under 500 bucks it’s the best value battery operated mower out there imo. Like all other reviewers I can’t say much more about how good it is and how simple to use and operate. Mowing used to be a chore, now it’s as simple as doing the vacuuming. If you’re considering buying this mower...just do it, you’ll be impressed!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Exceeded my expectations. Mowed with ease and less noise

I love this mower. Looked at other battery-operated mowers and they're very narrow and flimsy, as if they just chucked a motor with a toy casing.

This Victa has a metal 18" deck, I think that's generous for a mower at this price point with an 82V battery. Did 90 sqm Buffalo lawn at the 2nd lowest setting. Had extra battery juice left, tried to mow a few more thick patches at the lowest setting. That's when the battery depleted.

Just a reminder on the folding mechanism of the lower handle. I had a tough time convincing myself (and the staff at Bunnings) that the lower handle can be folded for storage. When I explained to the staff, he said it's designed not to be folded at the lower handle hinge.

Not satisfied, I went and bought another unit to compare. Sure enough, my lower handle wasn't "bent" enough at the hinge, causing it not to move freely in order to unlatch and fold it. If you're behind the mower pushing it, the hinge is at the bottom left. I looked at the 2nd unit I bought, the latch has some chips as if the handle was forced into it.

That is the only flaw I see with the design/manufacturing of this model. Other than that, it's just a minor issue with storage. I'm really fussy with it because I don't have much storage room in the shed.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Beyond expectation

I am Super happy with this cordless mulcher mower! It is so very lightweight very easy to maneuver, battery lasts the distance, even the battery doesn't take long to fully charge up again either .... mulcher is fantastic ! couldn't even tell I was mowing without the catcher! I truly am super impressed, didn't expect this outcome at all!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Excellent value for money

I have had the 21 inch version for about 18 months as well as all the other tools. I continue to be impressed with the performance of all the tools but the 21 inch mower does drag badly on thick lawn. The smaller and lighter 18 inch version has a lot less drag so it better for our thicker buffalo lawn and the tighter areas. It is also more "Victa-like" with swinging blades so better for tough mowing.

This gear deserves to sell a lot better than it does.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Great Mower

Used this mower was last weekend. First impressions are that the mower is
1) Wheels are a good size and give good grip even when on a slope.
2) Battery lasted for large backyard. Only 1/2 hour charge and did front including large nature strip.
3) Mower changed up when it encountered long / tough grass but took a while to realise the extra load. But more powerful when it is needed.
4) Catcher fitted in really well compared to my old (petrol) mower which was a bulky unit with a narrow throat which blocked up a lot of the time
5) Build quality looks excellent
6) Easier to operate than petro - it's lighter, easier to start and quieter when running.
Would recommend to anyone.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Early days but very impressive machinery

I bought the Victa 18" 82V mulch and catch mower, and the line trimmer with battery from Bunnings. I'm very impressed with both tools. Super simple to assemble and more than enough power for my needs. I used the mulch plug and it works as expected.

I probably swapped the 2aH batteries once for all mowing and snipping (approx. 350m2 of couch).

Batteries charge in 30 mins and the range is roughly 45 mins. This means you always have one on charge ready to go.

If you're in two minds about going cordless, I can strongly recommend the Victa 82V range. No heading down to the servo to fill up a jerry can, stopping to add petrol mid-mow and worrying about it going stale in the shed. The mower runs really quietly, too. Trimmer is light, but feels sturdy - well balanced I guess you'd say. There is a harness included if needed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Good

This is a quality unit. As previously mentioned the 18” model actually makes better sense @ $499 because it has a 1500w brushless motor. The larger 21” model @ $799 only has 1200w.
No more fuel, oil or hard starts.
Also a 5 yr replacement warranty. Can’t fault the mower to date.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Perfect for small blocks

I've had Honda 4 stroke equipment for years. After moving to a smaller block, I wasn't using petrol fast enough, and it was going off before I'd use it, meaning I'd spend about 5-10 minutes getting the mower (+trimmer and blower) started. That, and the fact petrol equipment needs to be serviced, and the other ongoing costs, made me contemplate cordless options.
I wasn't certain about which battery mower to go with, but after running the numbers on battery Ah's, Voltage, warranty etc, the Victa was a smart choice. I also liked that the mower only uses one battery, whereas a competitor needed two 18V batteries to drive the 36 V.

After getting it home (along with the trimmer and blower), and putting the handle on, I took it for a test drive. I managed to mow the front lawn, the back lawn, trim all the edges, and use the blower on half a 2.0Ah battery. Ok, I only have about 50sqm of lawn, but in 15 minutes, I was done.
Dont listen the Bunnings staff. This mower will cut thick Sir Walter Buffalo just fine.

Pro's: Its super quiet. Your neighbours will think some nutcase is using a vacuum, not a mower.
The ergonomics suit a tall person well.
Starts first time ;)
Same chassis apparently as the petrol versions. The 18inch deck is large enough to do the job yet small enough to not take up too much space in the shed/garage.
The safety release built into the handle is great. I can release the handle, and the mower will turn off, meaning I can move kids toys or pick up dog mines, without worrying about the mower still running.
The overall weight is about 30% less than the Honda (full tank) making it easier to maneuver.

Cons: The build quality isnt that of the Honda. But then it is half the price. The stickers are misaligned, making me wonder how much care is taken on the assembly line, and what Quality Control do they have in place.
The height adjustment has less variation than I'd like. low is too low, and the next level up is a little too high.

Conclusion:
I was really surprised I'd like this mower as much as I do. When comparing it to the Honda, it would be on par. The built quality lets it down, but the usability is much better.
So if you have a small block with under 100Sqm lawn, this is a great option. Even if you have more lawn, maybe an extra battery would be an idea. The next model up (21inch deck) is $300 more, and you get an extra battery thats worth $200. So unless you need the bigger deck, this is a great value option.
Enough chit chat, I'm off to mow my lawn. Again.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

The best buy, Victor 82V mower

Was sad to see my old Battery enviro mower finally gave up , Went to Bunnings and found a grate buy, Victor 82V Lawn Mower , comes with a catch and it will Mulch, the first thing that got my eye was it had a .460mm metal base , not plastic ,this size base makes it easy to manoeuvre , it also comes with a 82V 2.0AH battery and 30 minute Rapid Charger , all for $490 It cuts my thick Sir Walter with ease ,it has 5 Year warranty

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Victa 82-V Range cordless 18" lithium ion Battery

First use of new 18" 82v cordless mower very pleased.
Steel deck, essay to adjust cutting height, the grass catcher is easily slotted into place and stays put even over bumpy ground.
The battery lasted the back and front garden , two nature strips out front and two nature strips at side of house.
This was two catchers full of clippings (Catcher is 50 litres capacity)
My old Victa petrol mower took one tank full of for the above cut.
The battery still had two green lights on it after cut so plenty of capacity. The battery charged in 30 minuets as specified.
Lighter than petrol mower and the handle has two height setting to suit individual comfort, the top half easily folds back so it fits into my shed.
Most importantly the wife loves it because it is much quieter and less vibrations than petrol mower and no smelly petrol to spill.
There is a mulching option by fitting a plastic baffle (comes with) which is easy o fit and then you don't use the catcher; I have not used this yet.
Inserting and removal of battery from mower and safety key is OK, the lid that covers battery could swing up further to make it a bit easier.

Just bought a Victa 82v lawn mower ... replacing my Victa Enviromower (8 years old). The Enviromower didn't vibrate at all, the Victa 82v has way more power, but does vibrate a bit. So my question: The Victa 82v vibrates, how do I know if the blades are balanced, or there is excessive vibration?
Mine doesn't vibrate any more than expectedOk, had a look at some youtube videos about mower vibration, and looked at blades ... was a rough edge on one blade (maybe from hitting concrete edging) ... so ground down the rough bits, and now hardly any vibration ... so SOLVED!

I’ve heard great reviews about this mower and was about to purchase it for $499 at Bunnings then discovered the battery & charger were not include and were an additional $320!!! Yet I haven’t seen any comments here about this and only reference to it being a good deal for $499. Was the battery/charger previously included?? Not sure why people wouldn’t call out that it’s actually an $820 mower
Because they do include battery and charger. 18 inch has one battery and 21inch has two. https://www.bunnings.com.au/victa-82v-power-cut-mulch-or-catch-lawn-mower-with-battery_p3381341 A extra battery you can get for $200. The battery and charger packs are for their other garden tool 82v range. Mowers definitely have batteries included. I got one very recently. I was infact in Bunnings today talking with the Victa rep. Still current model with batteries and charger...so yes it is a great deal.

Hi Guys, when I try to turn on the mower i hear a beeping sound and the mower does not turn on. Anyone faced this issue and resolved it ?
Push the big button and then hold the handle and it starts. I only ever mow with a fully charged batteryThanks, yes I have been using it for few times now. I always charge the battery full before using it. yes , i first press the button and then pull the lever. I here the beep noise after that and the mower does not turn on.Have you put the key in?

82V Power Cut 883241