Victa 82V Power Cut 883241

• Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Battery Life

Poor battery performance

I purchased this mower about 20 months ago. I have a medium sized lawn and rarely mow it - I have used it maybe 12 times. Originally the battery would last for the front and back lawns - now I can only get half way through the front lawn before it is dead. I would have to charge 3 times to do both lawns. The motor now struggles (almost stops) when the lawn gets a little thick. Disappointing for a 82 V mower.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings - Morley for A$499.00.

Battery Life
Sally and Fil

Sally and FilGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Earth friendly mower!!

Well this mower is pretty good! When cutting the grass it is very quiet. The machine is very light not heavy to move around the garden. It is easy to manauver around the corner of the garden. It is electric so no petrol smell around the garden. And it is better for the environment. I highly recommend this lawnmower

Purchased in March 2020 for A$519.00.

Kurt

KurtSydney, NSW

Perfect! Great design, solid , does a medium yard amazingly well!

Easy to operate - pay the extra over cheaper brands!
Medium to even high grass - job done! I charge it once before use then that it.
Catcher is great - why bother with petrol and oil, waste of time!
82 volt is what you need anything under this is a toy
I use it for front and large back lawns

Purchased in August 2019.

John BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Who needs Petrol when you have Solar.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$549.00.

Preethi

PreethiSydney, NSW

Great but not so great

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$521.10.

Waz

WazSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hmmm - might have known

Purchased in October 2017 at Bunnings for A$480.00.

smith27

smith27North-West & West coast, TAS

Fantastic

We are very happy with our Vitca electric lawn mover. It is easy to use, quite and is better than my mums petrol mover. We find the battery lasts about 30 minutes. We charge the batteries during off peak. We have since bought a wipper snipper which included a second battery and a leaf blower without out a battery. These are also great products. We find having the two batteries is perfect.

Purchased in November 2018.

AngusM

AngusMSydney

Electrifying the Back Yard with a First Class Mower

What a treat and beats all 2 and 4 stroke petrol predecessors by a mile - quiet, simple to use, well designed and rugged, energy efficient, and provides an excellent cut to our buffalo lawn. For a back and front yard and a nature strip, plenty of energy in the battery. Complements a solar powered home magnificently as it costs me nothing to charge the battery during the day.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$489.00.

Ian B

Ian BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not as good as I had hoped

Lawn mower is great on absolutely dry grass but not great on grass that is the slightest bit damp. The schute through to the catcher blocks very quickly. I would probably get 10m and have to unblock then another 10m.....
The motor is certainly nowhere near as powerful as a petrol engine, so in summary, it's ok but not a star performer which is a shame for Victa.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$499.00.

HaneyF

HaneyF

Great buy

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$599.00.

Ron The Bear

Ron The BearGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

An upgrade on the Enviromower

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$599.00.

Kehani H.

Kehani H.Mid North Coast, NSW

Good So Far

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$579.00.

Jack Fingland

Jack FinglandGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A 'Victary' for Battery Power

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$499.00.

MusicVeg

MusicVegSan Remo

Best mower I have ever owned, clean and efficient.

Purchased in December 2017 for A$499.00.

It's a real lawnmower!

Batteries are the future of lawn and garden care, if this is anything to go by. Wifey loves the fact that she doesn't have to kill herself trying to pull start a petrol motor. The steel deck is good'n'tough. It gets through the bulk of our 150m2 Queensland lawn in 1 shift, then a 30 min drinks break whilst it recharges, and then a nice finish off cut. I'd give it 5 stars if the battery went for longer.

Purchased in June 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$499.00.

aydah1

aydah1Sydney, NSW

Perfect mower for ease of use

This mower is easy to manoeuvre especially for someone with a small build like myself. I especially love that no petrol is needed and so it is environmentally sound with no bad fumes being inhaled. Leaves grass looking well manicured.....our land isn’t the easiest land to mow and yet we do with ease with this one.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$499.00.

Bryn55

Bryn55Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

This is a useful mower

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$499.00.

Product is used Occasionally

High quality and good value

Well built and has a far superior power output compared to most other electric mowers on the market. The base is steel not plastic. This, together with the powerful battery, really distinguish this mower from the plastic toy alternatives. I know because I had a plastic junk mower (Baume) prior to buying the Victa. The battery lasts long enough to get a good sized lawn done and the mower doesn't conk out in heavy grass.

The catcher is large and easy to use.

Battery charges quickly as well.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$500.00.

Chris

ChrisSydney

How does this mower get 5 star reviews??!!

I bought this mower after talking to the Victa rep at Bunnings. I decided I wanted battery model after owning a corded Ozito which after 2 Years finally died. I have had an immaculate lawn for 2 years running the cheapest plastic mower but the cut quality on this mower is aweful in comparison. I payed $500 to be cord free but now suffer a terrible cut. Complained to Victa through their website but absolutely no response. One star from me and that’s for being cordless sorry really doesn’t deserve more.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

I’m converted. This is the future of lawn care.

What a cracking mower. When making my decision at Bunnings I looked at all their options. Most looked like little kids toys, it came down to 3 brands AEG, Dewalt and Victa. These 3 all looked like would do the job, I wanted a metal base over the plastic it just sits better across the terrain. Motor power and battery performance was the next consideration, the Victa at $499 was atleast $250 cheaper and seemed to be on par. First use I was super impressed with performance and how quiet it was. I’m so glad I’m converted to cordless rather than a smelly petrol mower. I’d highly recommend this product for anyone looking for a cordless mower.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Beamer cat

Beamer catasked

What is the warranty on the battery.

Beamer cat

Beamer catasked

Does this mulch well?

Sue Dasked

Hi, bought my lawnmower last night, noticed the swing blades were ‘closed’ in so straightened them.
Today when I went to use mower it didn’t seem to be cutting anything and when I looked underneath the blades were in again, still clean, no grass cut!
What haven’t I done?

John B

When you run the lawn mower the swing blades should be pulled out from centrifugal force. I have not had to touch the swing blades on my lawn, and you shouldn't have too. Please be careful with any lawn mower that you turn on it's side or upside. The blades are extremely dangerous. I would recommend that you keep the lawn mower upright, and run the motor for 30 seconds and then stop it. Open the rear catcher door, and look down the vent and see if the blades are positioned out from the centrifugal force. Do this 2-3 times (Don't reach down the vent) If the blades are outward trying adjusting the height of the lawn mower with the lever on the side, next the rear wheel. Start at it's highest settings, and gradually lower it until it's cutting the grass. This is the recommend steps in the guide you would have got with the lawn mower. It's worth reading through it. If the blades are folding back in again and not swinging outward to cut the grass however, then I would recommend you take it back to where you bought it, and have it checked and/or replaced.

Sue D

Thanks for the reply - I had read the guide and found it short on information! I used the mower and about a handful of lawn clippings were in the catcher which was why I checked underneath - when it was not turned on.
I will try mowing even lower, I think there was only one lower level and see how it goes.
Thanks again

Christopher W.
Christopher W.

I’m having the exact same issue. Motor just keeps cutting out. Blades constantly keep closing.

Get an answer from our members and Victa representatives