See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great but heavy mower

Very happy with the purchase. Starts practically first time every time. My only negative is that it is extremely heavy. If you’re after a robust mower that’ll last forever then look no further.

Purchased in September 2014 for $800.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Fuel Efficiency

Warren Tanner

Warren TannerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Professional finish

As a property caretaker, I do a lot of mowing. I use my Victa Mustang over my Masport commercial because of the ease of transport (its quite light), yet very robust, starts first time every time, easy to service and easy to use for a professional finish on all types of grass and terain.

Purchased in September 2015 at Admon machinery for $600.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Fuel Efficiency
Product is used: Daily

Neil B

Neil BFar North Queensland, QLD

Razor replaced by Mustang

My old (16 years) Victa Razor with a 4 stroke Honda still starts first pull and has never missed a beat. Just change oil, spark plug and air filter once a year. If only was self propelled I would get another one. Catcher has never fallen off. Plug in hose fitting to wash underneath is very good.

Date PurchasedJan 2002
Marina

Marinacaboolture

Quite disappointed.

Bought from Bunnings 2016-17 for over $800. Started first go, but as time has gone on, VERY hard to start. Great once it starts though. But my biggest complaint .... it cuts the grass shorter when I pull it backwards than forwards. I end up with two levels if I alternate the direction :( so I am basically doubling up on my mowing unless I constantly go forward, and that is not always feasible. I made enquires with Bunnings but the man there just looked at me like I was from outer space and said he never heard of this before. Also the handle clamps come undone after 15 minutes of mowing. My total mowing takes about 1 hour.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Dianne

Dianne

Big disappointment from day one ...

I bought my Mustang 3 and a half years ago. Always been so difficult - and exhausting - to start. And yes I do have it serviced. The most annoying thing is the plastic catcher keeps falling off. Any vibration or slight slope and it's falling off. For a half hour of mowing this could happen 7 or 8 times ... I am so fed up with it. I know it is put on correctly. The cutting is okay and the engine seems powerful enough. I paid $800 for it and I don't think it is up to the price. Would I buy Victa again .. no way.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Mackas2

Mackas2Geelong

Excellent Mower Always Starts

I am rough on my equipment. I don't mean to be buts thats just what happens. This has been an absolute trooper this mower. I have flogged it and it has never let me down. The only thing that ever happened - I broke the cable runner when I got it out of the ute one time but i just patched it up with a hose clap and it's been fine ever since. It ALWAYS starts, every time, even when its been sitting for long periods. and just reliably churns away doing its thing. I would maybe prefer a better catcher, I never like the design of that but apart from that I have no complaints and think this is a good model..

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Tower1

Tower1melbourne

Very Reliable Mower

This mower has been excellent so far. It never fails to start, usually first go and does a great job getting through the grass. You can go from a ridiculously high cut all the way down to tiny and it always does the job - even with very high grass. I appreciate the 4 stroke - no more stinky oil smells and it never blocks up the catcher chute. Its good and works well

Date PurchasedJan 2017

JKs Garden Service

JKs Garden ServiceWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Good machine

This push mower has done a lot of work for me already. About 120 mows so far. I use it for commercial mowing. Only issue I've had is the handle bar clips open up while mowing, otherwise it's a great machine, starts first go every time. I highly recommend this model for home use.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Teresa W

Teresa WSydney

Works well. Does what it is supposed to do

Its reliable, easy to use and starts every time. It is easy to move around the yard. Adjusting the height is really simple to do. I have a bad back and this doesn't take much effort to push it around. Easy to fill the petrol and oil even for non-mechanical minded people.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Joe1970

Joe1970Sydney

Impossible to start ....but there is a work around solution!!!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2011

George23

George23VIC, 3840

Good and Reliable.

I have had a very positive experience with this mower. The things I like the most are how easy it is to start, always just one pull. The height adjuster is very easy to access and change. Has a sturdy chassis. The Mulch mode is very good with no discernible clippings left behind. Catcher also works well. The only negatives I have is it is a little heavy to push, even though the fuel tank has a big fill opening it's still tricky not to splash due the cap retainer. (plastic lead attached to cap). You also have to FIRMLY tighten the cap as it can come loose. Very happy with my purchase and would be happy to recommend it to others.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Orvis

OrvisSydney

When a Honda is not a Honda

Honda make great engines but not on this mower. The GCV 160 seems to be a cheap end motor from Honda Corp. From day one this mower has been next to impossible to start. If you enjoying pulling a starter cord over and over again then purchase this mower. Out of interest, I also inspected the cylinder with a borescope recently and was shocked to find vertical scoring on the cylinder wall. My mower is not that old and I change the oil very frequently and maintain it to a high standard. I would not buy one of these mowers again. My dad's old Victa is 30 + years old and still runs - I doubt this will.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Jade

Jade

Great MOA

Had the mower for a year now starts first Pull everytime ready time use good 2-stroke oil good fuel haven't had a problem yet I've had two strokes before old Masport one's been pretty good too can't fault it at this stage. One thing just turn the fuel tap off before you turn it off let the carb run dry and it will start easy that's what I found.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Kev

Kev

Better than previous honda

Had a few Honda mowers over the years and bought another one with the bag style catcher... it was hopeless.. traded it back in for this victory/ Honda combo.Much better but like a lot of owners here after a while it was hard to start. I found two issues...major problem is that the throttle cable slips forward and then the choke won't close. Second problem was i had left fuel sit too long in the tank unused.
Readjusting cable is easy... just loosen clamp and pull cable back until you see it contact and start to move the choke tab at bottom of throttle/ choke mechanism.Otherwise it's been an ok mower....just keep an eye on throttle cable slippage.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
John

JohnSydney

You can never go wrong with a Victa

You can never go wrong with a Victa, starts every time, cuts thick tall grass, have had no issues what so ever. Sometimes it blows a little smoke when first start it but after that it goes away, not a deal breaker by any means. easy to clean with a hose and water which I do after every use.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Salty

SaltyPerth

Great mower - once you get started!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Bo Z.

Bo Z.Wollongong

It is helpful.

The mowers' cutting results is ok. However, you need to be patient when the slope is very steep. It is not easy to keep the balance of the mower. When the grass is long, the mower could get very hot, and need to cool down for several times when the working area is large.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Outdoors_Guy

Outdoors_GuySydney, NSW

Victa Mustang with Honda Motor

Great mower much improved with the Honda motor.i had a previous model and the new Hondas are great. Benefits of these mowers

- 19" cut
- alloy deck - light and mo rust
- cuts close to the edge
- smooth running wheels, much better than cheap mowers
- mulch ability

If you have a larger lawn area you can't go wrong with this mowe

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Jim

JimSydney Surrounds, NSW

So far so good

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Very happy with this mower

Bought this mower just over 12 months ago from a Victa dealer. The mower was full of oil and fuelled ready to go - it was test run by the dealer to ensure there were no problems. It always starts first time and I have never had any problems with the catcher falling off. If the grass is wet when mowing with the mulch attachment clippings tend to be left behind in rows. Because of this I use the catcher on wet grass and mulch when dry.
At this stage I see no reason why I wouldn't recommend this Victa to anyone in the market for a new mower.

Date PurchasedApr 2016