not as good as they say

I purchased this mower as it was well priced but soon realised that the expression "you get what you pay for" is true.it really seams very heavy and hard to move around especially on thick grass.i was also told buy the salesman that the engine makers are highly respected for building great engines but mine is very hard to start.
anyhow.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Eats , mulches and leaves

I'm no a fan of Briggs and Stratton engines. Typical rubbish American engineering ( refer to Falcon and Commodore). However, I've had this mower for nearly two years and its a tough little beauty. . Long and thick cooche grass doesn't stand a chance. This little red baron consistantly punishes and slices that green pest with little effort. Very easy to start, no nonsense fuel priming required and it can mulch grass to perfection. The mower is very light to manoeuvre as well. Great price too !!

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Victa all the way

I didn't realise the importance of purchasing a decent brand name mower until I bought this model. I had a budget lawnmower that was bought because it was the cheapest. I struggled around the lawn and had to mow area's twice. My yard is on a large slope and the weight and easy maneuverability makes mowing much easier now.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

I purchased this mower to replace my old beetle. I recently moved onto a large, multi level block and this mower powers across the lawn like a dozer on dirt. The multi adjustable settings make negotiating my block a breeze and the blades are ninja sharp. Champion mower, will mow again 9/10.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Legendary Victa, classic style Mower you can't go wrong

Replaced my rusted out Victa Hawk with a Pace, same classic Victa style Mower.
Awesome mower, doesn't have the four blade disc like the Hawk but it doesn't seem to affect the quality of the cut. Runs perfectly, is light and easy to manoeuvre and transport.
My only complaint is the paint peels off the deck easily, Victa should've kept the alloy base of the old school mowers. Never buy a mower from Bunnings only from a Victa dealer. These guys know their stuff.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Happy with the product

Lawnmower is great. It was able to cut grass with no issues. It has different height adjustments that suits my lawn. So far I'm happy with what we have purchased, we bought it for $459 dollars in Harvey Norman last April 23, 2014. It hasn't failed ever since. Instructions was easy on the manual.

Excellent quality for the price

I have a really challenging lawn - double block on a slope and lots of fallen overhead debris from trees, and this mower does a great job. Thankfully it's really easy to use because the instruction manual wasn't a lot of help, (seems like they've cut and pasted about 12 pages from a manual that used to have 50) but you put oil where it says oil, put petrol where it says petrol and press the button three times before you pull the cord and voila! Seemed a bit thirsty on petrol the first time I used it but the second time it used only half that amount (one tank to mow a double block). Average amount of noise when in use, very sturdy to mow with. Great value for the money.
Sturdy, easy to use, does a great job
The instruction manual is not a fully functional document - large parts missing

Happy!

Cuts like a dream. Starts first pop every time so far. Nice and light, perfect for your average sized lawn of around 100m2. Good solid catcher and plenty of height adjustment. Wheels are solid and it is easy to manoeuvre. Can get a little dusty but all in all very satisfied.
Got it for $350. Solid, reliable, good warranty
A little dusty when cranked up.

Victa Pace Catch & Mulch 18"

We have had this mower for 12months now and love it, it has the mulch attachement which great and handle buffalo lawn really well, it is the biggest engine (550 series) Victa make on an 18" mower, but is really light and easy to use. It is just great and my wife loves it too, as it is not heavy and easy to start. Purchased from HarveyNorman asked for better price and got it for $430.
Great on buffalo, great on bush grass and weeds.
The fuel cap can be a bit tricky to put on, as the throttle cable runs to close to the lid.

Comparing this model to the more expensive Lawnkeeper 19 inch - any suggestions

Hey what does "Mulcher" mean exactly in a lawn mower?
My understanding is that it is a specific attachment on the mower that 'mulches' up the caught grass allowing it to be broken down. Normal mowers usually have just a catcher, that catches the cut blades of grass.Basically, the grass is muiched more finely, thus eliminating the need to use an annoying grass catcher or rake the grass after you finnishthank you very much appreciated

Pace VFCS464 (100)Pace VFMS466 (300)Pace VFCS466 (200)Pace PCS464Pace PMS464Pace VFCS404 (Cut & Catch)
Power SourcePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Price (RRP)429549459359
Cutting Width460460460420420400
EngineBriggs & Stratton 500Briggs and Stratton 625EXBriggs & Stratton 550EXBriggs & Stratton 300
Minimum Cutting Height111111111117