Victa Ultralite

Victa Ultralite

UDS406, UDS407 and UCS406

Very sad

Having bought only ever Victa mowers in my life, I have been irritated and disappointed by my recent purchase of the Ultralite. The clippings build up extensively in the front of the catcher. The clippings do not seem to blow back properly into the catcher so one is forever stopping and starting to manually remove the clippings......

Purchased in January 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Fuel Efficiency
Oops..Re above review I mean they build up in the back (not front)of the mower...

You get what you pay for!

Purchased this mower as we only have a small yard to maintain and thought that a small machine would do the the job, such a waste of money! Mower will stop after a few strips as clippings build up in front of catcher, you need to manually push them back in far enough to continue or empty the 2 handfuls of grass from catcher to start again. The most frustrating lawn mower iv ever owned and neither Bunnings or Victa would consider replacing it for me as its not "faulty". Spend a couple of hundred more and avoid this little nightmare!

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $340.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Victa Mower

Good little mower. Downsized from a ride on to a small yard. Wanted a Victa as grew up with them and reliable. This mower is small but does the job. Starts first go with ease. Only downside iflawn gets to lose g it struggles but that's to be expected.

Purchased in July 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $359.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Fantastic!

So easy to start and use!
I only have one properly working arm and I have no issues starting it first go, every time. It is easy to maneuver one handed, the height adjustment is very easy to change.
The catcher is a decent size, and is easy to undo and reattach. Best of all though is it will now anything without bogging down and threatening to stop. We mowed through huge weeds in small paddocks and everything with it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Perfect for big lawn

Aussie made Victa is the most impression of lawnmowers Made by Aussie for Aussie lawn. It Always . Actually help me make my grass greener than neighbour ;))) .it’s light weight make you mow the lawn faster and easy to turn to make spiral cutting line like a pro grass man

Date PurchasedApr 2016

It’s ok

It’s ok if the grass is a bit long find it hard to push through,it seems to dig into the ground and won,t go over .Very hard to push sometimes partner hates it . I don’t have too many problems with only him .It is very light and catcher is easy to take off,which is great for me and easy to start.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great lawnmower for the price!

We are very happy with this basic lawn mower for the home!
It runs very well for a petrol mower and does the job. Only problem is starting it up can sometimes be a pain. Grass catcher bags are great too and extremely easy to empty.
This lawnmower has been going for over 3 years now and is still functioning very well!

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Awesome little mower

What a great little lawn mower. Having operated 2 lawn mowing and property services businesses in both New Zealand and Australia this little mower is light, manoeuvrable, cheap on fuel, sharp as a razor and safe as a Swedish Pastry Shop. Quick on the start and being ultra light it does not wear you out on small lawns and gets into those hard to reach nooks and crannies easily with its slim profile. If you have a small to medium sized garden this is absolutely all you will need. A little bit of cleaning and post mowing maintenance should make this mower last for years and years and years.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Great mower

Great mower easy to use ,well hubby seems to love it cuts nice and low glad we bought this saving us a ton on hiring a mower man. Neat cut catches well cheap on fuel.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Old fashioned lawnmower from Victa.

We purchased the updated model (UCS407) from Bunnings a few months ago and so far we are happy with it.

Its a lot smaller then your usual petrol lawnmower - and that is a good thing. I don't know what it is but most push mowers these days seem to weigh an absolute ton. This thing by comparison is nice and easy to push around! Bit of a step up from the old Flymo....

The construction seems sturdy enough for such a lightweight mower - not sure how long the fabric catcher is going to last us however. A proper plastic one would have been preferable. I guess they needed to cut costs somewhere and to be fair its a pretty cheap mower. 16 inch cutting deck is not a common size too so hopefully we can get parts easily enough.

It has a 125cc Briggs and Stratton 4 stroke engine which is plenty powerful enough for such a small lawn mower. Starting it is pretty easy too (so far!)

We actually use a ride-on for 95% of the property (a pain-in-the-butt Greenfield), but for the less accessible areas this thing is perfect.

Overall, pretty happy with this mower - its rather nostalgic owning an Australian manufactured piece of lawn equipment and the construction is a throwback to the 80s when all you needed was a small engine, a basic chassis and a pair of blades to cut grass.

Date PurchasedMay 2017