Virgin Australia

Virgin Australia

See the Best Domestic Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nadi Fiji

It is very disappointing that Virgin does not have business lounge at Nadi airport. Expect better when paying top dollar. Complementary snacks / beverages should be standard as an alternative, although still not good enough .

DestinationNadi, Fiji
BookingThird Party

Not enough Negative Stars!!

Not enough negative stars to give!! Not only was VA23 delayed by 8 hours, it was cancelled just as check in started. To top that off the girls at the helpdesk didn't even know it was cancelled.
I should have known better. Hope you go broke (idiots)

BookingThrough Airline

Ordinary airline with limited services

Uncomfortable +2hr flight to Maroochydore from Melbourne with no in flight entertainment coincidently in both directions since the wifi wasn't working on either plane. Seats are small and very tight and the 'snack' served on a lunchtime flight was abysmal. 5 flights since May this year and it isn't getting better but at least I wasn't delayed by 12hrs like the 2nd flight due to 'IT' issue or better yet had name misspelled on tag thus arrived in Europe but my bag remained in Sydney....love the service NOT!

DestinationMaroochydore QLD, Australia

Disappointed

Flew to Bali from Sydney, no built-in entertainment system, no recharge plugs for your phone, food came with only vegetarian option left, only positive was the crew friendly attitude but seriously how could you not have more non-vegetarian option available? such a boring flight

DestinationBali, Indonesia

So much for service!

Did you know that Virgin Airlines only provide a wheelchair for the disabled from their check-in counter? So, my sister and I, aged 78 and 79 have to carry our older sister, aged 82 and unable to walk the distance, from where the Shuttle bus drops us (dictated by Tullamarine and 280 metres away), to the Virgin Check-in counter.

DestinationCoolangatta Airport (OOL), Eastern Avenue, Bilinga QLD, Australia

Won’t be seeing my family tonight thanks to Virgin Australia

Checked in night before for business flight. Told at Gate no seat for me. Asked to speak to supervisor. Too busy to speak to me. Sent to gate on opposite side of airport (second round of security). Plane delayed. Asked what the problem was. Asked to speak to supervisor. Told to go to other side of airport. Won’t fly with Virgin again. Use to rate them highly. Informed my company.

BookingThird Party

Friendly staff, but experience is poor

I flew MEL - LAX return and this was the first time I have flown VA on this route. We didn't get food or a drink for 2.5 hours into the flight and when the meal did come they had only one option left. They serve the meal first then come back about 20 minutes later with the beverage service. The food portions were small and didnt taste great. In-flight entertainment was limited. You only get one drink with you dinner then another 10 hours later with the breakfast service. Otherwise, there is a jug of water you can help yourself. Cabin crew make multiple annoying announcements throughout the flight - four announcements for what the meal options were. Seat was comfortable and we departed on time and arrived early. If you get super cheap flights go for it. Otherwise, spend a little more for Qantas. I actually find American and Delta offer a better product than VA and around the same price.

BookingThrough Airline

Regained my trust in Virgin Australia.

A few years ago I had a bad experience with Virgin, mainly ground staff, and swore I would never fly with them again. Travel agent suggested them for a flight from Brisbane to Christchurch (VA125) on Saturday 31st August and though I was a bit hesitant, thought I would give them another go. Not at all disappointed. Ground staff were great and cabin crew gave excellent service. My only complaint is the Boeing does not have drop down screens for movies, although time went rather quickly anyway. Air NZ airbus does so Virgin may need to look into it. Nevertheless, a thoroughly enjoyable flight.

DestinationChristchurch, New Zealand

Disappointing

Used virgin after ten years flew from Bali to Brisbane that’s when it went downhill 7 hours turned into 13 hours a complete stuff up the food was disgusting I don’t think anyone ate and only offered one free drink I don’t think I would fly with them again

Terrible service and a few flight delays. Always with Virgin

Flying from Brisbane to Queenstown I had a delay of 2 hours. That's not too bad. However, coming back to Brisbane I had a connection to catch 2.5h after landing. We had another delay of 1h. This made me lose my connection. Inside the airplane, I mentioned my problem to the staff and they told me there was nothing they could do about it. I was flying Jetstar and they said they didn't speak to them. Nevertheless, one staff said there was nothing they could do and wouldn't even be able to give me an express pass to at least try to help me missing my connection. However, speaking to other flight assistant, she gave me the pass. How is that possible?!!! Finally, they didn't care for one second about this problem. This is a few of the problems I found. Also, the staff was in a terrible mood in both ways. Just can't understand that.

DestinationQueenstown, New Zealand

Fantastic

My son & his wife were stuck in Boston international after delta refused to allow boarding.
Delta ground staff refused to help, not even make a ph call to help. A desperate situation.
Many ph calls later and virgin got them on a flight out to Australia
Thank you senior staff virgin Australia for bringing my family home to Australia.
Australians u can count on virgin.

Really bad exp

Try to book online using my 129$ voucher couldn't able to do it. I had to call them used voucher and I have been told ticket price is 190$ so they will use my 129$ voucher and balance 61$ from my bank card. Later in the day I found they took 190$ from my account voucher
Surprisingly my voucher is only 1 day old
Call centre didn't even knew about ANZ bank and asked me banks fax no
Never been asked by any one before

BookingThrough Airline

Virgin Lost a bag and were slow to reimburse and made it difficult. Eventually sorted. The rest of the flight was good.

Teacher went on excursion with students and virgin lost one of the students bags. At the airport virgin told teacher to purchase the student some clothes while they look for the bag and keep receipt. However when it came time to be reimbursed Virgin customer service were making it difficult and it wasn’t a pleasant experience. Eventually got reimbursed. No issues with the rest of the flight.

DestinationHervey Bay QLD, Australia

Undelivered services

Virgin air have done it again, selectively cancelled flights and left passengers en route stranded and out of pocket. It’s only an aerial bus service, will they ever get it

Forget Virgin Airlines -Very poor service from the attendant on flight,

I asked if I could purchase a drink and was shut down in front of other passengers stating that you can only have 1 drink at a time, so if you have a glass of water and you want to buy a drink forget it otherwise they will embarrass you in front of everyone on the plane, felt humiliated when I said to the attendant it’s water -she said well you’ll just have to wait I have the entire plane to serve first, WOW what’s wrong with these people, Virgin you need to train your people there too tired or there just not getting it, service is paramount and your people are letting you and your customers down

DestinationGold Coast QLD, Australia
ClassPremium Economy

Reasonably good airline

Travelling with Virgin Australia has proven it to be better then most. Domestic flights are advertised as including food and drink but in reality this is deceiving as usually it's some energy bar and water or orange juice.
Service is generally good but seating for all passengers can be very tight and uncomfortable. I have suggested in the past that seating should be allocated according to a passengers physical size. Why not put short passengers in seats with longer leg room? These should be kept for taller people.

Virgin Australia B737 Business Class

When is comes to food and catering, Virgin Australia B737 business class nails it. Especially compared to European and US business class.
When it comes to seat comfort, they also absolutely nail it.
The only improvements could be for a deeper recline (for overnight flights with Bali and Perth), and a legrest. Believe it or not - a leg rest makes a lot of difference when it comes to trying to sleep on a flight.
You can check out a review at https://www.thepointspro.com.au/virgin-australia-737-business-class-sydney-ballina-byron/

In-Flight Entertainment
DestinationBallina Byron Gateway Airport, Southern Cross Drive, Ballina NSW, Australia

They just don't care.

bumped from my flight for a flight 7 hours later with no notice. Couldn't hand in my luggage so was stuck at the airport. I informed them I was going to miss another flight that day for work. They didn't care.

DestinationPerth WA, Australia
BookingThird Party

Grab for CASH: Greedy Virgin policy.

A simple typo from entering the wrong name during the booking process just cost me $160 to amend.
These raping airlines continue to charge for every little misprint or mistake made during the booking process. WHAT A GRAB FOR CASH. Pretty sure my flying days with Virgin are done. I look forward to mentioning this issues to many via word of mouth.

DestinationCairns QLD, Australia
BookingThird Party

Absolutely terrible response to deliberate destruction of property by baggage handlers

Absolutely appalling

You can see the footage of the terrible baggage handling process - gratuitously lifting the baggage so that it’s dropped and destroyed, destroying property etc. Virgin kept silently removing footage of their FB page.

Virgin Australia have been aggressive, threatening and bullying, dishonest and beyond useless, the only time they acknowledged the issue was the threat below.