Virgin Australia

Virgin Australia

Poor Customer Service Offshore Lost Baggage Contact Centre

The seats were not clean & the flight attendants were quite grumpy but the biggest problem we had was with our checked baggage. We arrived in Sydney on 11th May 2019 at around 7am. Waited in the baggage claim area for long time after a sleepiness night before being advised that Virgin Australia lost our bag. We had our computer chargers in the luggage & couldn't work without them! Checked online again & again for the update also called a couple of times to see what's going on. Inferior online checking system which came up with error most of the time & there's no update received from Virgin Australia in the form of sms/email/phone call for over 24 hours which is disappointing!

We were being advised that our bag would come with CX111 the next day which was scheduled to arrive in Sydney at 5:50am & somebody would call us at around 9am. However, nobody call us/sms us at all! So I called again & again. The line was seriously bad & distorted. Spoke with Jay & a couple of other staff who couldn't speak proper English which was very frustrating. It appears to me that the call centre is based in India & the staff were very secretive about it. I inquired about the compensation policy of Virgin Australia for lost baggage of over 24 hours. It's ridiculous that Jay from the call centre said he didn't know & there's no phone no. I could call & inquire about. So I sent an email as per his instruction & received an automatic reply indicating that they'll make contact within 10 working days where possible. Couldn't imagine Virgin Australia will get that bad. Customer service is unfortunately a joke!

Poor customer service

I went to check in and for some reason or anothet the drop off machine wouldn't work.I requested assistance from virgin crew on the floor and she referred me to the staff check in bag drop counter. At the counter the lady didnt even noticed we were there, her collegue had to prod her. Strangely enoughr we were 0.8 kg overweight and she ask us to pau extra 160 dollars. After arguing she went to see her manager and she was another drama queen. This is one of a hell of experience and i would never recommend virgin airline. Some not all staff smiled and greet customers.

DestinationPerth WA, Australia

Separate seats

We bought our flights to Fiji 3 months ahead, and ended up getting seats on different side of plane and having to fight a rude service desk lady who said that she can’t separate infants from parents for us. As if 180 people on the plain had infants... they do it to put as many people on the plane, and no need to say that it was $1600 pp from Sydney... few days after a friend of my sister flew with 2 kids and had the same situation. Kids put together but not next to her. On the top of a whole mess they make, staff is just careless. That was our trip, planned ahead, it wasn’t like we bought flight 3 days earlier. Flights were delayed too, of course...

DestinationNadi, Fiji

So close but so far

I took the flight Nadi to sydney with a stop over at Brisbane . Flight was good .airlines was clean.i flu economy x .sit had good legroom .only problem I had they did not have personal entertainment screen .you need use your own would have been ok if they have provided a USB charger . So flight was very boring . Baggage you only allowed one luggage even though it is half the allowed limit . I had 2 luggage they did not check in . Fair was lot more than qantas but flight felt like Jetstar

DestinationSydney NSW, Australia
ClassPremium Economy
BookingThird Party

Forced to change from direct to connecting flights

We booked our holiday 2 months ago (February) for a trip in June (domestic flights). They change the booking twice with the first was only time difference. This time they sent us an email detailing the change in the booking from direct to connecting flights. The worse is they did not tell us the reason. We chose them as direct flights were offered. Will not consider Virgin Australia again, bad service!!!

Shocking

Christchurch to Brisbane. Arrived early. I had already checked in. Took 1 hour to drop my bag as there were 2 flights checking in and only 2 check in desks open. There was no bag drop lane. On the plane i was cold. Asked for a blanket and was told it would cost $20 for a pillow and blanket. Flight was horrible and the crew were grumpy.

Name change scam

Booked flights when engaged under then fiancés maiden name now married despite providing evidence 134 charge to change names webjet says it’s down to Virgin Australia, virgin says it’s down to webjet

better off on tiger

paid $1500 for three people to fly return melb to perth... for that price you have to self check in your bags...never do the machines work...there are very few staff available and those that are are arrogant and rude.
on board the flight there is no entertainment offered unless you want to pay over $11.00 per hour for internet... yes... over $11.00 an for internet...
never ever again would i fly with virgin.
i will take the cheaper flight with tiger and just pay for my extras.

DestinationPerth WA, Australia

Won’t use again.

Delay after delay. 4 short domestic flights in 3 days and over 8 hrs of delays which made me miss my business conference. First time I’d used Virgin in a long time. Won’t use again. Going back to Qantas and Jetstar. Terrible reliability. Definitely not recommended.

BookingThrough Airline

Bicycle damaged on a Virgin flight.

Our bicycles carefully packed (we have
flown with our bikes on many occassions), we boarded a Virgin flight from Perth to Brisbane for a 2 week cycle trip on the Sunshine Coast.
Picked up our bikes at the Brisbane airport to find that my Surly Moonlander had been damaged and unrideable - planned holiday over.
Care factor at the airport- zero.
Dealing with Customer Service was a joke.
They took no responsibility because it was:
Excuse 1.
Not in a cardboard box - however their policy states it can be a cardboard box, a hard or soft bike bag. We had used a soft bike bag lined with cardboard and extra padding where needed - I pointed this out.
Excuse 2.
They don't carry sports equipment.
I forwarded them a copy of Virgins "how to pack your bike for a Virgin flight".
Excuse 3.
You need to get a signed document for them to carry the bike - I would have thought the picture on the bike bag was a give away.
My favourite reason was " fragile, brittle and delicate" eg sporting equipment -
A Surly bike is definately non of the above - should be carried as hand luggage.
Customer service is almost impossible to speak to and when you do it is muffled and impossible to understand.
I videoed the way they transported my bike to be loaded onto the plane on our return as it balanced precariously on the trailer - I was expecting it to take another tumble.
I have flown with my bike on a number of different airlines and have never had a problem
I accept fare wear and tear - however for the bike frame to have been bent the way it was there had to have been significant impact.
Disappointing Virgin, when I check my bags in they are in your care. I would expect them to be delivered in the same condition.

DestinationBrisbane City QLD, Australia

Disgusting Claims process

I have 3 small kids - youngest being 3yo. On a rare family trip we had out baggage lost and delayed a day. I was told by the Virgin desk to purchase essentials and Virgin would refund the money. It is now two months since I raised the claim with Virgin and nothing resolved. The claims department is impossible to speak with - the line is muffled and the capability and care factor of the offshore claims team is nothing short of disgusting. Its a small claim but Virgin Australia has offered me half of my cost spent due to the bags being delayed.

I have always flown Qantas and Jetstar. I thought I'd try Virgin. I will never fly Virgin again.

When calling claims, you never speak to the same person so there is no one person looking after your claim. It just sits there and whoever picks up the phone just takes their opinion on the claim. You all always promised a callback because noone is available - no callback for hours and sometimes days.

NEVER AGAIN. Dont buy into the $20 discount compared to Virgin - its not worth the hassle if something goes wrong.

Compassion & Sympathy By Virgin

I was to fly to Wellington from Sydney on 24/01/19 and return on 29/01/19. My sister passed away in Fiji on 22/01/19, therefore had to go to Fiji for funeral. Booking was through Expedia who arranged cancellation and obtained confirmation from Virgin that on production of a death certificate, fare will be refunded in full, this has now happened.
Expedia's handling of the matter was exemplary.
The compassion and sympathy shown by Virgin is commendable.
Obviously the values Mr Richard Branson holds is well instilled in the airline staff who thoroughly understood my predicament and agreed/fully refunded the fare.
I am a pensioner therefore have to look for the cheapest travel deals, but wherever/whenever possible, I will book through Expedia and fly Virgin Airlines.
BRAVO Expedia and Virgin Airlines !!!!!!!

Ravi Singh

VA has no credibility as it didn't honour my booking.

I had booked - reserved and fully paid- a flight from Sydney to Canberra with Virgin Australia (VA) this morning. I arrived on time but I couldn't check in. I was informed that the flight was oversold and therefore I wasn't allowed to check in or board. My alternatives were getting a refund from VA, which didn't worked as I was then left with the problem of trying to book an expensive last min ticket. Or getting on the next flight in the afternoon. I had an itinerary of meetings planned according to the flight I booked. I had to cancel half of my customer meetings because of VA not honouring my booking.

I was further informed that VA has a practice of overselling flights betting on some customers not showing up. But in cases like mine today, where most of the booked customers do show up and VA is beyond its plane's capacity (because VA oversold the flight in the first place), VA simply dismisses an "unfortunate" customer. That dismissed unfortunate customer was me today.

I will do my best, and advice anyone, not fly VA to not be that "unfortunate" customer again. VA today unfortunately wasted my time, inconvenienced me through a long and stressful check in process, and disrupted my meetings with customers. But more importantly, VA has no credibility if it can't honour its bookings.

The one star in my rating goes to the check in assistant who genuinely apologised throughout this situation, her customer care was clearly at odds with VA's practice of overselling flights.

Words cannot explain how bad Virgin are!

I fly Jetstar and I avoid Virgin like a plague.
Today I booked Virgin as I needed a specific time, OMG they didn't let me down, delay after delay..., even when I booked I knew there would be a issue.
Virgin as a service disgusts me, the staff are rude and arrogant and people should just boycott Virgin until we are supplemented for everything poor about this airline.
The worse airline I've ever flown with and I travel a lot.
Everything about Virgin is horrible and makes me cringe.

DestinationGold Coast QLD, Australia

737MAX8

I have flown with Virgin many times, next time will be in another few weeks, but will not anymore after this if I have to fly in a 737 Max8 plane that has a bad crash history, No thank you, a sorry won't be good enough.

Baggage Abuse

Flight from Sydney to Melbourne. Luggage arrived without the handle. They had pulled the handle off a Samsonite UL5 suitcase. It had snapped the two bolts that hold the handle on!!! Samsonite are near indestructible and made for the rigours of air travel, but cant take the Virgin baggage handlers. The suitcase was under 23 kg and only in the standard configuration ie the expander zip was not opened. So how much force was applied???

I spoke to the baggage counter and Virgin policy is that zips and handles are not covered. Checked the website, sure enough handles are not covered unless it is a flight connecting with the USA. You see the USA has strict requirements for baggage rules that airlines must abide by if they want permission to land in USA.

So in Australia Virgin can throw your suitcase around with impunity.

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia

Lost suitcase

Lost suitcase (3 days now
My daughter is in Queenstown New Zealand with nothing! Flight was from Perth Australia on Thursday night.
She starts work tomorrow night and all her work clothes and shoes are in that case along with bedding ,medication , and other clothing!and many other things!
It can’t be that hard to find the largest black case you can buy with a fluro pink strap around the middle weighing 23 kls ?

ClassEconomy

Excellent trip lovely service and for once got a great seat from Brisbane to Darwin

From Brisbane to Darwin The service was fantastic left on time even got a free snack on our trip well done virgin the staff were lovely but one of the flight attendants could have put a colour through her hair to freshen up the greys but other than that no complaints

DestinationDarwin City NT, Australia
BookingThird Party

Worst flight n service ever

No air conditioning on flight at all flew from
Cairns to Sydney covered in sweat after I continued to ask flight attendant to turn air condition on it never happened everyone around was also very hot n disappointed - told to walk on plane via rear door yet we in row 8 !!! The food was a falafel wrap what type of food is this we in Australia not Greece ! Terrible service

DestinationSydney NSW, Australia
BookingThird Party

One person on checkin desk

Arrived 50 min before boarding time, 20 people in line for flight from Hobart to Melbourne VA1321. All check in consoles not working, only one person on check in desk, she wasn’t there a lot, called to board aircraft, still 15 of us waiting. How about putting more than one staff member at check in so peoples don’t have to rush through security to make the flight.

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia