Virgin Australia

Virgin Australia

See the Best Domestic Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Met.

Met.Sydney, NSW

Worst customer service ever! Flight attendants dont use their brain

DepartureHong Kong

Josh K.

Josh K.South East Queensland, QLD

Do yourself a favour, use ANY other airline than this one. They didn't even book my flight home.

DepartureGold Coast QLD, Australia

RMWK

RMWKAU

Avoid at all costs

Janna D

Janna DSydney, NSW

Virgin Australia is the worst airline. I will never fly with them again

DepartureQueenstown, New Zealand
BookingThird Party

Rogues who will rob your money

DestinationHong Kong

sophie z.

sophie z.South East Queensland, QLD

The worst airline in my lift

DepartureBrisbane 昆士兰州澳大利亚
DestinationQueenstown, 新西兰

Andy

AndyADELAIDE

Dogs breakfast

No resemblance of the airline it was a few years ago. Unprofessional, rude, uncourteous staff, with check in & bag drop systems so temperamental, that it doubles the time in queue that it used to with a staffed process. My in flight meal pretty much sums up the Virgin experience today and that of a previous flight a few days ago.

DestinationAdelaide SA, Australia

Do not Fly Virgin!

I paid a lot extra for an exit row seat and I find out the seat was broken and would not recline so during my LA to Sydney flight (aprox 15 hours) I was extremely uncomfortable and did not sleep. There were no other seats available and the flight attendant confirmed the seat was not working and would take note of it. When I got back to Sydney and complained to Virgin they denied the seat was broken and said there was nothing they could do. I will never fly Virgin again!

Always good to me

I usually fly Virgin and always find their sale fares good value for money. Service is usually great. I really appreciated their compassion when my travel plans were affected by the November 2019 bushfires in NSW. I wont be changing airlines. Thank you Virgin Australia.

jetsetter

jetsetterSydney Surrounds, NSW

DISAPPOINTING FLIGHTS

We have always been happy with Virgin but not this time. Last Friday we flew to Perth. My husband's TV had a picture but no sound. On the return flight his TV wasn't working at all. On asking the stewardess about it she told us that the engineer knew about it. Well, Mr Engineer fix it. We then asked could we be moved - no the flight is full. No apology, no compensation offered. Basically just a stiff crap attitude. A lady seated not far from us asked for headphones before takeoff. 45 minutes into the flight my husband gave her his - well they weren't much use to him. After this flight I think we might give Qantas another try

DestinationPerth WA, Australia

Frankie

FrankieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ripping customers off !!!

My son broke his leg and we had to change a flights because he could not fly. We were happy to pay some fees but Virgin refused to waive any fees. We had return flights with Jet star who waived $100 per person which came to $400 and we did not even ask them for any discounts.
thanks for nothing!!!

HappyChappy

HappyChappyEyre Peninsula, SA

Gold Coast Trip

Had a flight from Adelaide to the Gold Coast and Gold Coast to Adelaide in August/September 2019. Booking was simple and flights were great. Great Staff. Would fly with Virgin again. Thank you.

DepartureAdelaide SA, Australia
DestinationGold Coast QLD, Australia
ClassBusiness Class

Catherine CASE

Catherine CASEHobart, TAS

Excellent service

I require to book some freight from Sydney to Hobart. Nothing was any trouble. They even rang to let me of a non parcel drop off from another courier. Excellent service. Thank you Virgin freight.

DestinationHobart TAS, Australia

Tony BaroneySydney, NSW

They make Jetstar look third rate

Virgin are not petty and pedantic about hand luggage like bogan star...this airline is my choice over the inferior second choice...i will never fly bogan star again...my hand luggage fit under the seat but oh my god i was 2 kgs over...the sky would fall in...Virgin let me through with the same hand luggage no problem

DepartureAdelaide SA, Australia
DestinationPerth WA, Australia

Pip

PipSouth East Queensland, QLD

Will never fly virgin again

DepartureLos Angeles, CA, USA
Nobes

NobesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible food, over priced, no pillow or blanket

Paid over $1,200 for Brisbane to Bali return in October 2019. This is the first international flight I have ever been on when you are not given a blanket or pillow. Of course there were no in built TV monitors for entertainment. There are only 2 toilets at the rear of the plane and for a 6 hour flight the line gets long. The food on the way to Bali was ok but on the way home it was terrible. You are only given water or softdrink in a plastic cup which is poured from a larger bottle. On the return flight two of the attendants were asleep in the rear seats visible to all passengers. I doubt whether I would fly virgin internationally ever again.

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia
DestinationBali, Indonesia

Tiptoes

TiptoesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Oversold twice in a row

The last two times I have flown Virgin Australia the flight was oversold. This means that there are no seats available and they just put you on a later flight. Basically they don't value your time and prefer to screw you around so they don't have any empty seats.

That's okay and they can run their airline anyway they want, but I won't fly them again.

I got home 3 hours late on a Friday afternoon flight and missed my children before bedtime and completely lost my night.

Terrible business model and I've had better luck with Tiger......

Dobbo

DobboSydney, NSW

Guess which gate

I went straight to my gate on the ticket exactly at boarding time for VA883. After a while I went to the counter and asked when is boarding to be told the flight had left at a different gate. I would have to go and purchase a new ticket and flights were full for next 2 hours. Ffs how was I meant to know the gate changed when all the boards and announcemences in the terminal are for Qantas and Jetstar.
I made sure I was super early on the late flight but while at front of the line people kept asking if this was the flight to Sydney as the board said gold coast - how could this be so crap!!!!

David C.

David C.The Mallee, VIC

compassion

missed a flight due to a medical emergency, the company gave credit without penalty to use on the next flight-thanks richard. In this day and age corporate australia lacks soul so it was refreshing that this company still has a heart.

DestinationMildura VIC, Australia
BookingThrough Airline

Worst airline in the world

Horrible airline. Left stranded to sleep in airport. Lied to that another flight wasn't available when it was. Luggage not returned. Worst experience of our lives. No care for passengers. None. Please don't take the chance- fly someone else.

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia