Domestic, International

• In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

pmac

pmacSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bump people off over booked flights

Can't business travel with virgin anymore, flights cancelled, continually late and then overbook and bump you off. Switching to Qantas. Have flown virgin for years and am platinum velocity member, will now throw all that away as the airline cant provide basic service for business travellers. Not happy

Sandra M.

Sandra M.Sydney, NSW

Very bad service.

Will not help with enquiry, left on hold for so long. Did not show any empathy. The employees that I dealt with were so rude. I will never book with virgin ever again.

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
Rayma

RaymaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst ever service

Luke C

Luke CSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best value for money

I flew return from Sydney to the Gold Coast. Both flights were on time and the staff were friendly. My flights were cheaper than similar timed Jetstar flights but included seat selection and baggage which is a plus. Additionally, the service is better than Jetstar. Lower price point and better service. Will be choosing Virgin from now on!

Take the cheaper options - they are no different now!

Flight to Adelaide. Boarding chaotic - not the organised seating row calls of the past. On the aircraft it was no better - the staff didn’t seem that interested in helping people get to their seats or put luggage up on racks. Cabin crew generally not very interested - the one in charge in particular. No snack provided - only a small thing but they all add up - Qantas did provided one on my return flight. By default I fly Virgin for business and leisure but I am starting to think that I am better off going with the cheaper carriers because there is little if no difference now. The old owners had a good handle on their product - the new management really need to do better. To cap it all we arrived late as well.

Linzi

LinziPerth, WA

Harassed by Cabin Crew Manager

From the moment I stepped onboard to ask if a crew member could assist with putting my luggage in the over head compartment, I was harassed by the Cabin Crew Manager. Later I notified him a passenger had their mask down not covering her face. It was Federal mandate to properly wear a mask at the time. The Cabin Crew Manager persistently accused me of being a child and to stop complaining. Not once but over and over again as I was seated with other passengers. I had to ask him to stop speaking to me. No apology from Virgin Airlines. Appalling service.

Vic

Vic

never fly again

First of all they have ripped my tough duffel bag on arrival to Melbourne. Secondly, the complaint department has rejected a legitimate property damage claim. On the way from Melbourne the flight was delayed by almost 2 hours with some contradicting explanation. No alternative flights offered. Staff in slow and a seems have no work ethics. Waited for 6 mins till a staff member in luggage service finishes her conversation on the phone.

Virgin was much better a few years ago. Will fly jets only.

Joebloggs

Joebloggs Sydney, NSW

Virgin is now merely a poor man's jet star

Lew C.

Lew C.

Useless

My wife and I paid for lounge tickets, but the bag drop for the flight only opens 90 minutes before the flight leaves. So when everything is done you get about 10 minutes in the lounge. At the airport and all other airlines have their bag drop open. Incompetent airline. Avoid.

Lalita O

Lalita O

Just avoid it

Shen

Shen

Worst company ever

I have paid for a seat with extra leg space. At the airport, I have upgraded to business class and I was told I will get a refund for I have paid for the extra leg space seat but nothing happened. I have waited for hours on the phone without any outcome.
Similar thing happened to me and my family. I have paid more than 600$ for extra leg space seats. They changed the seats and didn't refund me.
No way to reach a person who really knows what he is doing.

Kylie B.

Kylie B.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor communication and pathetic service

simmo

simmoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Wow, Virgin customer service is back to it's great self again

Rohan T.

Rohan T.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Changed Flights twice on me. They Suck

Changed Flights twice on me. Flying Melb to Alice Springs. First change was Melb to Sydney back to Melbourne then to Alice Springs. Fixed that. Second change was they booked it a day earlier. Asked them to change to same day but they said only business class left and I would need to pay extra. Cant wait for the third change.

Jarom D.

Jarom D.South East Queensland, QLD

Virgin is by far the best airline in Australia.

Virgin is by far the best airline in Australia. I missed a flight after failing to not wake up with 5 alarms set. I called then and they solved the issue on the spot with very little inconvenience to me at all. I failed and they were just ready to help, super professional and nice. I’ve had terrible or average experiences on other airlines, but I always trust virgin to be best!

Douglas G.

Douglas G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awful ! Look at all the recent reviews..... avoid, avoid, avoid.

Flight booked for two months Melbourne to Brisbane. Family going to Seaworld leaving on the first flight of the morning 6:15 am. We show up at the airport, I already checked have my boarding passes for everyone; when suddenly I get a text message that the flight is cancelled. I cannot believe how rude and unprofessional the staff was. Virgin used to be known for great customer service. I was told I could get credit for a flight tomorrow, and to call a number. My family is sitting there. No help. No care. Just a rude lady saying next. I will never ever fly this airline again

Rob

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Professionalism

My recent flight experience was excellent and has convinced me to fly Virgin in future. From quickly solving a boarding pass problem to onboard support for both my wife and I was most professional. Well done Virgin and staff.

Lou

LouSouth East Queensland, QLD

Flight changes- appalling customer service.

Booked one flight...changed.....then 1 day before we flew...another change 2 flight changes which meant a 4 hour stopover in Melbourne and a total travel time of over 7 hrs instead of 2.5. It also meant that instead of leaving home to get to the airport at 12midday, we now have to get up at 6am to get to the airport for 9am for the 10am flight.What a bunch of incompetent morons. I have been flying Virgin for 25 years and always fly business on long haul. I'm disgusted at the poor customer service. There was also a 25 minute wait on the phone to speak to customer service. I'm done with them.

Unreliable

Delay after delay and more delays of late, so unreliable, poor customer service, can’t give a straight answer to its passengers, Long term platinum member abandoning this sinking ship...

Jennifer T.