VTech 15250

VTech 15250

See the Best Home Phones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Worst phone ever and no useful company support. VTec 17250

Can only hear other party by using the speaker phone function. Normal, and boost function no use. Playback on answer machine function is often so 'garbled' that message cannot be understood. Sent the phone back to the factory and had it returned as 'nothing wrong'. No offer of refund and not fixed. Worst phone ever!

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Elsie

ElsieFar North Queensland, QLD

Worst phone I have used in my 55 years of owning a phone.

Now that I have been forced to go the NBN way and not very good information about it all, I had to have a cordless phone. The Vtech 17250 was the only one the the Telstra Shop had. Absolutely terrible. No back up service from the Telstra Shop and worse from vtech themselves. Can't hear the ring tone well, and can't hear the other party, even though I use the boost and have it at it's maximum. Only 6-7 rings, which means I can't get to it in time. I cannot increase rings as it tells me I have been unsuccessful. Very disappointed. Will have to travel to a city now and choose a Panasonic or something similar. They say to shop local - what for? No service and certainly no variety...........Elsie

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Logamooka

LogamookaAdelaide

Good little device

Bargain off JB hifi, good pricing
Easy to use, clear instructions
Nothing fancy a good basic hand set
Good coverage from base, even upstairs
Ring tone not loud enough in my loud house
Good value for money
You get what you paid for, no complaints,
Battery lasts well too.
Nice

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Brindabella

Brindabella

One handset Vtech 15250 Kaput

After 2yrs one handset won't work (keeps peeping). We swapped batteries also did the disconnect procedure. Product support said it's kaput and could purchase another for $29. However, as main base (in office) and second cradle (kitchen) both work using the one handset, I won't bother even if a bit inconvenient moving the one remaining handset from office to kitchen. I found the menu where I can now get 8 calls (instead of 6) before the answering machine kicks in. Other than that one disappointment i.e. one still working, the other kaput, they are compact nice looking units.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Fire hazard

Brought x2 units in a matter of 3 days first one plugged in caught fire within 2 mins
took back for refund and replacement

got the replacement sure enough decides to spontaneously combust both times being the base of the handset
rang the retailer to let them know (officeworks) who did not believe my claims luckily took video

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Chris MIdonttrustyou

Can't even move menu to date and time setting!

Simon BleechBrisbane

Absolute bargain, simple solution

Same as previous reviewer, but looking for a simple phone for our small retail business. Paid $44 at Officeworks - if I knew how good it was I'd pay a lot more. Easy at hand, clear audio, simple setup, small footprint, good battery life. Excellent value.

AQ+

AQ+Perth

Great little phone !

Kylie

Kylieasked

Hi can anyone help? im not sure how to turn off the pre-recorded message and replace it with my own personal one.
Thanks in advance Kylie

Chris M

Sorry Kylie, I've given up with the VTech, no one from the firm has replied to my email and I've packed it away. Can't even get my money back from Australia Post as they say I've used it. Ie put the battery in and tried to set it up. I hope someone else can help you. My only comment ,DONT BUY THE VTECH 15250. ChrisM

Hello Kylie,

Here is a link to an online manual:

Page 70 describes how to change the announcement (OGM). I'm not with the phone now so can't test this process again myself.

Hope this helps. If you get it going ok maybe you can buy a cheap spare phone from Chris M! Ours still works fine.

Regards,
Simon

Get an answer from our members and Vtech representatives

CategoryHome Phones