See the Best Home Phones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Terrible phone

I still have no answer to the voicemails not registering on the 2nd and 3rd handsets. For a big company is slow to correct what should be a basic problem and I can find nothing in the instructions to rectify this problem. On line inquiries merely direct you to some tech who wants money. Not good.
Ken S.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Manual/User Guide Useless.

Can't tell you about the phone, the manual was so hard - no, impossible - to understand that I never got it working properly. Obviously written by someone who knows how it works so well, that they think what they write must make sense. Threw it away and bought a Uniden.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Just OK

I purchased my phone mid June, whilst it is OK, I would not recommend. The sound is quite scratchy and you have to use the boost button to hear a normal conversation, the phone is on maximum volume. If replacing I would investigate my options and possibly spend a little more on a better quality phone.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Not a good choice for a reliable practical phone

Yep it looks great .. but :-

16 hours on charge and all 3 remote telephones on this system are only showing 1 bar of battery level... or in other words flat.

Upon testing :- The base station only starts to ring once the caller has heard the second ring on the call. The remote stations only start to ring after the caller has heard the 3rd or 4th rings on the call.
That leaves only 2 or 3 rings for you to run and answer either of the remote phones before the answering system takes the call.

Not recommended.
Ours is going back to JB today.

If you are only buying 1 base station of this brand with no remote phones then it may be fine. other than that save yourself the trouble- maybe look at a more well known brand.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Nice and clear

I love the choice of ring tones and ring volumes. Audio is great. The backlight is wonderful. The phone is attractive with good size buttons. The answer machine works easy and very straight forward. If there was anything to improve I would like to have the number of rings extended. Altogether I'm very happy with this phone

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

It always made a clicking noise at random.

I had to return it. Both handsets kept making a clicking noise that was very aggravating especially to the person on the other end they couldn't hear me over the noise.
I loved the design, and the big buttons. I could easily read the screen.
When you put names and numbers into a handset, it only goes into that handset and does not go into the other handset.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Rubbish!

Well, I should have realised when I set it up and there was a undeleted message on the answering machine from the last person that had obviously realised it was crap and forgot to deleted their messages before returning it!
Message storage is great..haha!
Voice volume is ridiculously quiet and the boost volume button is an absolute joke!

For a cordless phone advertised to deliver high quality phone calls with Bluetooth, digital answering system, volume boost and interference free communication:-you would think moving to the next room while on the phone would be possible...but no, it looses reception 5 metres away from base and when too close to the base the receiver gives a delay echo of my own voice.

This phone should be taken off the market!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Battery drains overnight

Works OK during the day but each morning the batteries are dead flat, as if the phone sucks the life out of them when not in use. Have had to resort to taking the batteries out of the handset overnight and replacing in the morning. Not really happy with this product.

Don't waste your money or time

The worst phone I have ever owned. Why manufacture and put a phone on the market that just doesn't work. What a waste of money. The reception is horrible, there is always interference. Even though it has a boost button, that does no justice either. Since I can't understand the person on the other end, nor they can understand me, I have to use my mobile phone, which is getting too be expensive. What a waste of time and money, absolutely rubbish!!! I'm very disappointed!!!!!

Appalling quality control

I have just returned this 3-handset system and obtained a full refund. There were no fewer than four faults with the system: My recorded message was overridden halfway through by the default message; messages sent to the phone were not recorded by the answering machine; attempting to leave a message was affected by massive echo/distortion; one handset periodically ceased to function, registering "out of range" - it was eight metres from the base, with no interfering devices . To add insult to injury, the "helpline" did not operate at 1230 pm on a working day. a brand I shall never re-visit. How do I give it no stars at all?

Great phone except for phone book

Hi we recently purchased this phone to replace an old telstra set that were affected by a lightning strike, great on everything and clear. The big downside for us is that each handset has an independent contact phone book so if you need the contacts in the other handsets they need to be manually keyed and also stops them identifying known numbers where there not on a handset.This really needs to be an option in future models.

Excellent Cordless Phone & Answerer

Edit: 3 years on the displays on 2 of the 3 handsets have 'faded' and are all but unusable. One maybe, but two suggests a quality problem. Was 5 stars, now 3. I returned a Uniden that I rated as terrible and found this one. The 15550 phone and answering machine are clear, has good range, the menus are reasonably intuitive, and we are very happy with the product. Each handset can be individually customisable with naming and rings. The keys light up. I have some hearing loss and my previous Panasonic had to be in speakerphone mode for me to understand a conversation; the Uniden was terrible; this one I can hear very well even without the "volume boost" feature. It can pair to answer 1 mobile phone.

The nits - the key lighting is orange and the charge light bright red - nothing subtle; the button press has a curious tactile feel from being clear plastic and having a lot of travel; the ring sound on the base is limited to 4 electronic patterns while the handsets have a much wider and decent array including some melodies to choose from.

I would recommend this one to anyone, and especially to those with hearing difficulties.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Sir, do I need to configure base to engage answer machine. could you advise, steps to be taken, thanking you in anticipation

Model # 18150 Twin Why can't I set the phone to ring for longer - have set if often to the max and saved it, but to no avail. Lucky if it rings twice. Why when I press talk while the phone is ringing the caller goes on hold - annoyed that they are listening to music! Pressing Talk again does not bring them back either! It is the most frustrating phone we have ever had.
I had this problem and rang my service provider and asked that they extend the ring to maximum. I now know I can get to the phone to answer it without breaking my neck, was so simple once I figured out it had to be done by them. Good luck hope it works for you. I would not have another VTech, very poor volume and poor quality sound. I just have to pick mine up and the caller is there I don’t have to press anything, but always have to use the boost button to increase the sound to an acceptable level.

Why does the Voicemail not register on the 2nd and 3rd handset? it did for quite a while after purchase and now only registers on the base.
Hi Ken, I only have the 1 unit, not happy at all with the voicemail, somehow it deletes and I have to get my provider to reset it up. Would not buy a Vtech again. The product has poor quality sound and is not worth what you pay for it. Instructions not easy to follow. I can’t answer your question, because I don’t understand mine, maybe someone else is more tech savvy. Good luck.

Vtech CLS15552 (3 Handset)Vtech CLS15551 (2 Handset)Vtech CLS15550 (1 Handset)
CategoryHome PhonesHome PhonesHome Phones