See the Best Home Phones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Horrid phone

Useless phone with only 6 rings until the answering machine cuts in. The range is appalling for the second hand set.
Support from their Australian office is non existent, I have sent 15 e-mails with only auto-replies so far.
This phone should not be on the market and totally avoided.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Joerg

JoergSydney

Just terrible...

Don't be fooled by the specs... this phone's software is badly flawed and so is the sound quality. Even with the supplied range extender, I get regular drop outs about 30m from the base. Phone doesn't seem to answer sometimes, just hangs up. Max rings of 6 is ridiculous. What if you have a larger property? Replaced the phone after nearly breaking my leg running to answer it... Best to stay away...

Date PurchasedSep 2015
akakrispy

akakrispyAlbury

a maximum of 6 rings is not enough!

Having exactly the same problem that "Aussie 11" has stated. The maximum setting of six rings cannot be changed and the company has no plans to release firmware to change or extend this feature.
If you turn off the answering machine feature it will ring out until it's maximum time and then asks the caller to dial in the remote access code. A feature that callers have said they find very annoying.
Randomly locks up and will not ring or let you call out. People email to ask if we have a phone problem! We have found that we regularly have to power off and then power back on to get the phone to work again. Very embarrassing.
Regretful purchase. Would take back if we noticed these faults earlier and exchange for a Panasonic or Uniden.

Aussie 11Central Queensland, QLD

not a good buy - max of 6 rings before goes to answering machine - cannot change.

Barry Priorasked

15850 (Additional Handset)

To Make a home phone call the manual says:
Press
HOME/RECALL
or
/SPEAKERSPEAKER
, then enter the telephone number. (That's all it says!- if you do just that, NOTHING happens. I found by accident that if you press the home button again, I can answer the phone. BUT is this the right way to do it?

Aussie 11

Sorry Barry, I was so disappointed with this telephone I replaced it.

Barry Prior

the Vtech 15850 has a lot of "features". I still haven't been able to get the thing to work- I suspect I'll have to replace it too.

Get an answer from our members and Vtech representatives

Vtech 15850 (Additional Handset)

Vtech 15850 (Additional Handset)

Vtech 15851 (2 Handset)