VTech 17550

2.5

Nick

NickCentral West, NSW

Very poor phone system

Very low volume, only 6 rings maximum before the answer machine switches on. The most annoying thing is you can't turn off remote access code after 10 rings when a message cuts the caller off.Terrible instructions, not even a booklet just a sheet of paper

Purchased in July 2017.

RonzinhoCaloundra

Almost useless

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Works OK but wall mounting appearance shocking.

Had to replace our wall mounted home phone due to NBN being installed and wanted the additional two hansets for around the house. Advertising does not show the wall mounted appearance (deliberately ???) as it has a base mount that extends above and below the unit and is a real shocker. Works OK so shifted the main unit to the garage and left the other two bench units in the house.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Home Phones

Find out how VTech 17550 compares to other Home Phones

Marisa

MarisaHeidelberg Heights

The Perfect Phone to "Block" Nusiance Telemarketers!!

Finally found the perfect phone to BLOCK those nasty pieces of work "telemarketers" !!!! So easy to use!! Just block and no more calls from them!! So pleased with this phone, even thinking of buying another one for the kitchen!! Bought mine at JB Hi-Fi... Excellent phone!! ... Love the colour of the blue screen too!!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Rubbish phone

Bought from Kmart. Lasted 4 days.
Would ring, but no answer, either in or out calls. I complained to our telco, who were most helpful.
Finally deduced the phone was faulty.
At least the Shop had the decency to refund the purchase price.
A lot of inconvenience caused, and time wasted.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Pete

PeteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nice phone - but screen way too small

Linda Y.

Linda Y.asked

When answering a call on my tech 7550 I can hear caller but they can’t hear me, dead air from their end. Just wondering how to fix it, does it need new batteries?

LAJet

LAJetasked

My Vtech 17550 keeps saying on screen "New Voicemail message" (which is different from when it USE TO say ' New message') I select "play messages" and I have none... so then I have to go through menu and select 'Clear voicemail'. Why does this keep happening? Seems to be after every ANSWERED incoming call now even when I have picked up immediately and there are no messages. Help?!

Kerryn J.asked

I have tried everything to unpair two mobile phones but one still rings when the vtech rings. Please help!!

Take the battery out.

Kerryn J.

Tried that - they’re attached to the handset so I didn’t want to break them and rip them out.

Ronzinho

No, take the battery out of the offending mobile, then throw it away. Problem solved.