VTech 17550

VTech 17550

See the Best Home Phones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

NickCentral West, NSW

Very poor phone system

Very low volume, only 6 rings maximum before the answer machine switches on. The most annoying thing is you can't turn off remote access code after 10 rings when a message cuts the caller off.Terrible instructions, not even a booklet just a sheet of paper

Purchased in July 2017.

Ronzinho

RonzinhoCaloundra

Almost useless

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Works OK but wall mounting appearance shocking.

Had to replace our wall mounted home phone due to NBN being installed and wanted the additional two hansets for around the house. Advertising does not show the wall mounted appearance (deliberately ???) as it has a base mount that extends above and below the unit and is a real shocker. Works OK so shifted the main unit to the garage and left the other two bench units in the house.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Marisa

MarisaHeidelberg Heights

The Perfect Phone to "Block" Nusiance Telemarketers!!

Finally found the perfect phone to BLOCK those nasty pieces of work "telemarketers" !!!! So easy to use!! Just block and no more calls from them!! So pleased with this phone, even thinking of buying another one for the kitchen!! Bought mine at JB Hi-Fi... Excellent phone!! ... Love the colour of the blue screen too!!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Rubbish phone

Bought from Kmart. Lasted 4 days.
Would ring, but no answer, either in or out calls. I complained to our telco, who were most helpful.
Finally deduced the phone was faulty.
At least the Shop had the decency to refund the purchase price.
A lot of inconvenience caused, and time wasted.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Pete

Pete

Nice phone - but screen way too small

Marfanasked

My vtech 17550 is not showing caller id so I know who is calling me. How do I fix this?

Nick

The caller ID feature is dependent on your service provider and you will have to activate it and probably for this service

Marfan

thanks Nick. I have tried twice with my service provider and they say they have done it but its not working.

Mistyasked

Has that problem with the missed calls been fixed yet,I am in the process of installing a new Vtech17550, would appreciate a reply

Nick

The phone will only Ring a maximum of 6 rings if the answer machine is on. You can't increase the number of rings before answer machine cuts in

Misty

Thanks,my question was about the phone showing a missed call every 36 min.no ringtone or caller ID.took mine back 3Month ago because of that problem and they gave me a new one yesterday and told me good luck
Cheers

Bill L.

Bill L.asked

I have a 17550 connected to the NBN and the screen shows multiply missed calls but none show, some of these calls are minutes apart and I can have over 70 in a 12 hour period, I have 15850 and it does the same.
does anyone have any ideas?

gman74
gman74

I have had this same issue occur with both VTech and Uniden phones. The problem is definitely with the Telstra Smart Modem on NBN. Have been in contact with both phone manufacturers and Telstra and whilst VTech and Uniden were great in their understanding/explanations – Telstra not so much. I got sick of waiting for a solution from Telstra so swapped out the Telstra Smart Modem to another type and the missed calls/phantom ringing stopped immediately on both the VTech and Uniden phones. I also took my phones to another household that also does not use the Telstra Smart Modem for their NBN voice service and again not a single missed/phantom call. They're copping an unfair wrap when it has nothing to do with them and all to do with Telstra and their inability to fix their own defective equipment/service.

Get an answer from our members and Vtech representatives

CategoryHome Phones