Vtech BM3300

Vtech BM3300

Baby Monitors Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of baby monitor would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Battery Life
  • Connectivity / Reliability
  • Audio Quality
  • Video Quality
Hason

HasonSydney, NSW

Overall, it does what is required at a reasonable price.

Purchased in May 2020 at eBay for A$105.00.

Functionality
Connectivity / Reliability
Audio Quality
Video Quality
Battery Life
Sarita

SaritaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Couldn't fault it - best value for price

Having done a lot of research on baby monitors, and not wanting to spend much on one, I am pleased with my decision to settle with the Vtech BM3300. Couldn't fault it. Clear images, good night-vision, talkback, volume options, great battery life. Is portable and has a long cord (both parent and camera units).
I was worried the screen would be too small (it seemed so compared to other models) but this size is perfect, wouldn't need any bigger.
Best thing is we can add extra cameras (using same parent unit) if needed for more children.

Purchased in May 2019 at Umart Online for A$108.00.

Functionality
Connectivity / Reliability
Audio Quality
Video Quality
Battery Life

Al CMelbounre

Easy to Use- Good Range

This was a such a simple install...you can wall mount it to look down at your baby or put in on the dresser. It has a great range (15+ Plus), the screen can be turned off, it can play music or you can talk via an intercom system and it has a temperature probe and alarm. You can also add different cameras to the system if you have more than one room.
Highly Recommend...best value for money! Mine cost $149!

Baby Monitors

Find out how Vtech BM3300 compares to other Baby Monitors

Debbie M.

Debbie M.asked

What is the difference between 3300 n 3400 vetech

Unhappy with Product

Unhappy with Productasked

I purchased a VTech B3300 baby monitor today.
It started up ok but whenever I turn it off it loses its camera signal, even if I just turn off the video and leave the sound on it still loses its video link. The Parent Unit is located no more than 8m from the Camera unit.
It then has dfficulty reconnecting even if I use the pinhole button underneath the camera unit. I am not happy after paying $149 for this item. Is this the best it can do?
After resetting it, it says it connects and is immediately followed by text at the top of the screen saying "No link to Camera". I finally got it to connect and dare not turn off the video or turn it off else I will lose the Camera link.

Abby L.
Abby L.

How did you get the camera to re link?? Mines doing the same

I got as close as possible to the unit when I reset it. It took a number of tries before it was successful. It would show the tick saying it had connected but then would lose the connection. It was not near any other electrical appliances. I even changed the camera number to try to get it to re-synchronise with camera channel number 2 for example. Once it is connected do NOT ever turn it off or else it will have great trouble reconnecting. I would NOT recommend this item to anyone, ever.

MrsFitzasked

Is there any way you can put parent unit on sleep mode or change sensitivity? At the moment can only turn picture off.. not the sound. End up hearing white noise all the time - very frustrating. Very ready to just buy something else.

Al C

You can mute the sound, just by pressing the sound button down.

MrsFitz

But then it’s mute and you can’t hear the baby when they cry...