Vuly Thunder

See the Best Trampolines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jodi E.

Jodi E.South East Queensland, QLD

Good after sales service

The stitching gave way on the loops that attach the mat to the frame, causing the springs to pop out. The mat only came with a 1 year warranty and we were outside the warranty period. Whilst we are disappointed that it has required repairs so soon, Vuly have agreed to provide the required replacement parts.

Purchased in March 2018 at Toys R Us / Babies R Us Physical store for $1,800.00.

Deanna E.

Deanna E.South East Queensland, QLD

Amazing!

Our whole family and friends love it. We had 2 adults and two toddlers on it the day it was set up for hours. Can’t wait to add on more accessories!

Purchased in September 2019 at Vuly Play Physical store for $1,100.00.

Safety
Main User(s)Adult and Child (Under 5)
Ben A.

Ben A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect trampoline for kids of all ages.

This is the gift that keeps on giving, my three year old loves the trampoline and it is always a fight to get her off it! As a parent the bug thing for me was safety, and the Vuly trampoline out shines everyone else in the market across the board. Another thing worth mentioning is how good the customer service team was. I needed it delivered on a certain day, and they went out of their way to accommodate the request, while always remaining helpful and friendly.

Purchased in July 2019 at Vuly Play Online store.

Astrid W.

Astrid W.Far North Queensland, QLD

Great trampoline!

We have 3 kids aged 1-8years and they all love the trampoline. Having the mat reach the net with no gaps is great with a baby and the door being always closed is also a positive. The Shade roof add on has been a winner- it also stops leaves falling into the trampoline which is great where we live. We used to have a Vuly Thunder pro in XL which was better for adults to use and definitely had more bounce but we prefer that you can get under this tramp and it can be moved as much lighter. The kids play underneath it as well. I’d recommend this trampoline. Free shipping to Cairns was a winner and only took 4 days.

Purchased in August 2019 at Vuly Play Online store for $1,699.00.

Sarah D.

Sarah D.South East Queensland, QLD

Love it!!!

Wonderful trampoline!! The kids and I have spent hours playing on the trampoline these holidays. The bounce is much better than any trampoline we have had before. The shade cover provides a cool hang out at any time of day. We had a minor issue with our delivery (one box missing). I contacted Vuly and they had the missing box delivered the next day!!!

Purchased in September 2019 at Vuly Play Physical store for $1,700.00.

WORST Customer Service Ever

I will never deal with this company again. Terrible customer service! There was a mistake on our order and we requested a change and they refused to fix it. If you must buy one get it second hand or go with another brand. In hindsight I wouldn't buy something like this from an online company.

Purchased in September 2019.

Ticked all my boxes

Lots of research went into my purchase. Safety and longevity were very important to me. Excellent service. Looking forward to a summer spent outdoors with the kids on our new trampoline!

Purchased in September 2019.

Lawson B.

Lawson B.South East Queensland, QLD

Damn i love this trampoline.

Easy to assemble. Solid as a rock. The kids love it, and i feel safe watching them play on it. Totally worth every dollar. The accessories are amazing too. Love the tent addon

AusNavara

AusNavaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Top Quality, Excellent Service and Well Worth the Money Spent!!!

We received our Vuly Play Thunder (L) trampoline and all we can say is exceptional in every way.
From the initial purchase, the staff were amazing and efficient.
Delivery was swift and on time.
Setting up the item was easy with a mixture of the Vuly Play YouTube channel and instructions provided in the box.
We could not be more happier with our purchase. Daughter spent the entire afternoon playing on the trampoline.
Would highly recommend these to anyone, exceptional quality, service and well worth the money spent.

Purchased in July 2019 at Vuly Play Online store for $1,349.00.

Ease of Assembly
Main User(s)Adult and Child (Under 5)

Chris F.Central West, NSW

Great Tramapine, very bouncy and easy to build

Haven't had a huge amount of time to use the new trampoline because we've had terrible weather since building it. My daughter absolutely loves it though. Even though it was covered in snow she still wanted to jump on it.

Purchased in August 2019 at Vuly Play Online store for $1,599.00.

Chris F.

I think if you re read my reveiw you will find I found it very easy to build

Edel

EdelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product

Great trampoline, bought for 3rd birthday present for my daughter, excellent service from vuly, we used the company they recommended to put it together.
Very happy with our purchase. Would highly recommend.

Purchased in July 2019.

Katho

KathoAU

Good trampoline, a few flaws

I purchased the Vuly Thunder in 2014. It is a great trampoline, very springy and sturdy. My kids love it, as do I. The only issue I have with it is that, not long after I purchased it, the mat would leave our feet and clothes black., it's very dirty. We have tried scrubbing it but no matter how much cleaning it doesn't make a difference. After chatting to Vuly about this they say it's a common complaint they do receive from people and they just recommended cleaning it....that doesn't work. Very disappointing dur to the price you pay for it. It is also extremely time consuming to put together so if you can, pay someone to do it for you, it will be worth the money!

Purchased in July 2014.

Kylie Winnell

Kylie WinnellIllawarra, NSW

Extremely Happy

Marnie

MarnieFar North Queensland, QLD

Exceptional Product & Exceptional Service

Our 3 kids absolutely love the Thunder and we find it to be safer and more user friendly than a regular trampoline. Taylah was fantastic to deal with and professional.

Purchased in July 2019 at Vuly Play for $1,799.00.

Expensive but good quality

Despite my personal reservations regarding safety concerns with trampolines and potential for injury, I discovered Vuly. It meets AS standards, and my 6 year old loves it.
It was a bit of a challenge to assemble particularly connecting the last few springs but having some understanding of the design I was able to assemble in 2 hours by myself.
I like the design and have confidence that my child is safe while enjoying playing on the trampoline.
Not sure what benefit the skirt provides except giving the dog something to destroy!

Purchased in April 2019.

SimonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good trampoline, but leaf springs are now popping out

Used by our 2 boys (both less than 10 years old). Has been a really great and safe trampoline for close to 3 years until the leaf springs began popping out due to the fraying of the connection point between the spring and the base of the mat.
I'm not sure what to do now.. Can replacement mats be sourced for the Thunder 1.0 M? For such an expensive trampoline I was hoping it would last at least 5 years.

Purchased in May 2016 at Harvey Norman Big Buys for $1,000.00.

Simon

Thank you Vuly for your support. The trampoline was a gift from my mum to her 2 grandchildren. When they couldn't jump on it anymore she was quite distressed. She will be so happy now!

Jacinta

JacintaAustralian Capital Territory

Poor quality relative to cost. Significant deterioration before 4 years old

Our Thunder 1.0 trampoline medium size fell apart (one spring came out and the netting separated from the mat) after less than 4 years. Used by small children, aged 2 to 7. It's now not safe. VULY warranty only 12mths which is not sufficient for such an expensive outlay. Slow customer service only to fobbed off to spare parts. Not good enough for a so-called "high-end" trampoline.

Purchased in June 2015 at Harvey Norman for $1,227.00.

Very good trampoline

Finally caved in and got the Thunder Large for my kids since they asked for one for months. The box was partly crushed on the side, but the parts themselves weren't damaged at all (for what I've seen). Assembly was a bit of a pain (length wise), but luckily got it put together in a couple of hours. The trampoline itself is very sturdy and of good quality. The nets are strong and don't appear to be of cheap material which is the most important part to me. Don't want to have my boys fly away on the grass. Bottom line is that they love it and they're safe when they jump around, despite some of the problems I've had to go through.

Purchased in October 2018.

Michelle

MichelleSydney, NSW

entertainment plus!

Bought as a Christmas present for 2.5 year old, and he loves it! Took a bit to get use to getting on and off it but he has no mastered it! Money well spent. A must is getting the shade cover!

Purchased in October 2018.

Quality and Warranty

Purchased a year ago and have had issues with mat being loose and not bouncing well. Had to replace springs once after 3 months of owning, then issue started again a few months later. After several emails to warranty, I was only given option to replace springs again which will cost us for postage. Now the trampoline is out of warranty and still not fixed.

Purchased in February 2018 at Vuly Play for $999.00.

Lee H.asked

Thunder Large

Anyone having problems with springs deforming and snapping?

gloria m.
gloria m.

no deforming but 3 springs snapped so far. Waiting for vuly to get back to me re solution.......cannont keep happening

Lee H.

I’ve gone through 12 springs snapping so far. I have 4 more that are bent out of shape.
I’m at the point where I’m just going to junk it and buy another brand.

card
card

i have gone through 14 springs over 5 mths, its a defective design as the weight is not transfered over entire spring but flexs on where spring bends over the circle frame. Always breaks on that spot.

Tony Masked

Thunder Large

Hi Vuly. 'Meg', in May 2018 wrote of an incident involving her Vuly which was blown 150m into a neighbours property, apparently hitting and injuring a horse. She asked for options for tying the trampoline down, but your official response did not provide anything workable. My question is like Meg's: given the propensity for any trampoline to get airborne in strong wind, can you advise of recommendations for tying/securing the Thunder to the ground? I have a Vuly Thunder (L). I'm tipping the most obvious means for securing it is c/- the lower arm of the Joiner Poles. But, this leaves the Net Poles insecure in a strong wind. I concede the chance of them coming loose is minimal but, still, presume there's an official way for ensuring them. So, as the manufacturer of this product, what advice can you offer?

Tony Masked

Thunder Large

Same q as Brad in Dec '16 - how to connect trampoline mat to the leaf springs. (Vuly Thunder, L). We're at that part of the construction process trying to connect the remaining leaf springs, after successfully connecting the 14 leaf springs alongside each joiner-pole. As with Brad, I've watched Vuly's videos; read instructions - all to zero effect. Nothing official appears to reside online to actually address this issue. Tried the wooden block solution from dragonlore - didn't solve it. The other solutions seems drastic: surely Vuly, the manufacturer, can speak up & provide advice.

As Brad suggested - seems either the mat is too small (or leaf springs too short/small?). Either way, having nil success connecting the leaf springs. Help (especially from Vuly) would be appreciated?

Tony M

So, an update on yesterday's question. I came up with a frankenstein version of the various suggested means of connecting the leaf-springs to the mat, using a length of wood wedged under the connector's bar, in conjunction with two ratchet-straps tied back to a lawn-roller (probably weighs around the 100kg mark) at right-angles to the clip I was trying to connect the leaf-spring to. (Difficult to put what I ended up doing into words). I found the connector was next to zero use in most cases - like many others have said, what I seemed to be achieving most times was getting the active end of spring close, but still about an inch beneath the mat clip. It was only by using the wood-insert in conjunction with the (tensioned) ratchet-straps pulling on the neighbouring clips that I could gain any success. Even then, on about 25% of the clips I still needed to use every ounce of weight and man-power to get the springs connected. I am 100% certain that how I had to manage this is nothing that Vuly would envisage, and it was certainly not sensible nor, in many cases, safe. I lost count of the number of times I was working directly in the line-of-fire had my jimmied-up tensioning process failed. (And I've worked as a professional safety and health advisor for close to 20 years, so trying to get things done 'safely' is my bread and butter).

All up, I guesstimate clipping all the leaf-springs in pace took in the vicinity of eight hours (with two people working the issue. So, 16 hours of actual time devoted to this one phase of the assembly process) which is, obviously, nowhere near the 'one hour assembly time' Vuly claim. So, either something was very, very wrong with how I attacked my issue, or there was/is something fundamentally wrong with the components Vuly provided for me to assemble.

Given the number of similar complaints about this sole aspect of the Thunder's assembly process, I'm inclined to lean towards the latter - but, happy to take advice about this, from experts in this field.

And on that, I'm also happy to offer my side of the story about what I found worked to get the springs connected, to anyone who's facing the same issue (took enough photos as I worked through this to help explain what I was doing). Get hold of me through facebook - search for Tony McAuliffe - originally from New Zealand, now living in Newfield, Victoria.

Also, at this stage, waiting for Vuly to make contact with me but, given the time of year I reckon I'm in for a bit of a wait.

Erin L
Erin L

The same has happened to me!!!!! There had to be a bad batch. We have 4 of us and we all think the mat is too small I have been trying for days to get the leaf springs to attach to the mat

Matt P.
Matt P.

Just put up the thunder XL today. Encountered similar issues with the leaf spring things very difficult to connect to the mat.
Solution for us: We took off all the leaf springs except the ones on either side of the joiner poles. Then one by one we started putting the leaf springs back on paying careful attention to spreading the tension evenly, ie: put one on one side then one on the opposite side and so on. Made a huge difference and made it actually quite easy. Big difference from earlier - I was tempted to put everything back in the box and send it back!
Hope this helps someone - it would have helped me earlier!

Get an answer from our members and Vuly Play representatives

Price (RRP) $1,249$1,549$1,849
ShapeRoundRoundRoundRound
Safety WallsYesYesYesYes
Max User Weight 150 kg150 kg150 kg150 kg
TypeAbove Ground and Spring-FreeAbove Ground and Spring-FreeAbove Ground and Spring-FreeAbove Ground and Spring-Free
Spring Count42 springs56 springs64 springs30 springs