Dometic Waeco CoolPro TC-35FL (33L)

Dometic Waeco CoolPro TC-35FL (33L)

MPN: TC35FL

Jens B.

Jens B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fair Performer

Purchased in June 2018.

Don

DonAdelaide

Useful and durable car cooler/warmer

These units live up to their specifications: they cool down to 20C-25C below ambient and heat to about 65C. It is best to set the unit running on AC to precool or preheat and fill with cooled or heated food or drinks, however, this is not really necessary.
Replacement of an AC socket was the only repair in over 10 years of regular use. The unit can be used as a supplementary fridge but the fan is somewhat noisy in quiet situations such as a motel room.

Date PurchasedNov 2008
pete

pete

its only a cooler! definitely not a fridge

I bought one of these hoping it would provide the functionality of a Waeco fridge. I WAS WRONG. the unit couldnt keep things cool enough - the unit was power hungry and the fan noisy - and it just didnt cool very well.
these units use a device called a Peltier device - which is an amazing bit of technology, but it just doesnt provide sufficienct cooling compared to a real fridge that uses a compressor. Take it from me - if you need a Waeco fridge - buy a proper Waeco fridge - this unit will not do the job of a fridge.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Portable Fridges / Freezers

Find out how Dometic Waeco CoolPro TC-35FL (33L) compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

WOMBAT

WOMBAT

Chapter 4 .

The 12 volt fault was traced to a poor fuse connection through the plug. A new 240 volt circuit board was supplied under warranty by Waeco. It is now working on both voltages like it should, running on 4 out of 7 lights with cabinet temperatures ranging from 1.8c to 4.0c in room temperatures in the range of 16c to 24c.

Date PurchasedDec 2011
summerluva

summerluvaAU

not a good camping fridge on 12Volt but makes a good house drink fridge

My TC35FL cooler runs very poorly on 12volt battery - not really cold enough to put perishable food in but it will keep water cool. I found it totally useless on hot days where temp gets up into 30's. I had it out of car and kept it in the shade with a heavy duty cardboard box draped over the top to help insulate it At home it ran pretty good on mains power and did keep my drinks nice and cold. Pretty disappointed in its efficiency as its supposed to be a camping fridge which you run from cigarette lighter. One thought i had on this is perhaps you need keep a 2lt bottle of frozen water in it and to keep it in the car on a very short lead as i believe the longer the lead the more power is lost.???

Date PurchasedOct 2015
ryan

ryan

power pig!

Date PurchasedJuly 2012

Wombat

Used for six years non stop.

Despite what the stories say I have had it to minus one degree celsius. I regularly open the end cover to clean out fluff that accumulates on the cooling fins. It makes a big difference. Fan motors sometimes get noisy, then suddenly quiet again. 240 volt power board failed years ago, so I run it through a 12 volt power supply.

Wombat

Yesterday, running on 7 lights, the internal temperature was MINUS 2 degrees on a 23 degree day. I do not need to have it that cold. Switched to 5 lights and is now plus 2.7 degrees in a 17 degree day. Love this unit!

Big Lemon

Bought 21/02/2015. Used once, fishing out of Port Lincoln for 4 days, temp 18 to 20 degrees. Result, a box of rotten fish. What attracted me to the "cooler" was the notes on the box, from "0" degrees. I doubt that this would get anywhere near zero.
I sent it back in October to have it checked. I would have sent it back earlier except my friend, who I left the fish with, did not inform me of the state of the fish until October. Result working ok. I explained that this would not suit the purpose I bought it for to no avail.
Told to use ice packs. It now turns out to be a very expensive esky, which I could have bought at Bunnings for less than $90.00.
NOT HAPPY.

Grahamw29

Grahamw29NORTH SYDNEY

Good performance and value for money

Portable Fridges / Freezers

mn77

mn77South East Queensland, QLD

great little coolers

I own two waeco's a tc-35fl and a 12lt. all I can say are they are great and have never let me down. I bought them second hand on ebay. I do alot of camping mainly on moreton island. I use the 35 as a drinks fridge and the 12 as a day tripper when out and about. I also have a 90lt fridge/freezer in another brand to look after the food side of things. for what they are and the price new, they do a great job and are well worth it. I have never noticed any great draw or load on my batteries from the waeco's

Very good

We borrowed my sisters waeco from Newcastle on a Xmas trip from Brisbane to Perth about four years ago and encountered temps in the 40's in SW NSW. Ran flawlessly, kept food and drinks cold, as cold as a shop fridge. Do not know if it ran continuously as it was in the back of a packed Territory and we could not hear it. Held temp with the car not running for hours including milk although when staying somewhere overnight we ran it on 240v to keep things cool. I am now looking at purchasing a unit of our own to take on a trip to Darwin mid year.
Kept drinks to nice cold drinking temp.
None

Mr Mojo Risin'

Mr Mojo Risin'CHATSWOOD

Comments apply to all Thermoelectric models & brands basically.

See all Dometic Waeco TropiCool Series reviews