Westinghouse

Warranty service great

Purchased stove top and under bench oven love them both recently had a problem with the stove called Westinghouse within a few days had someone come over and was fixed without any problems within 15 minutes. Fantastic service

Store LocationGood guys Essendon dfo

My saviour!

I absolutely love my Westinghouse Dishwasher. It does a great cleaning job, has many different cycles to chose from that take from 15mins to 2 hours and is lovely and quiet. Plus I got some free Finish products and professional help from the Good Guys. Clean dishes with no fuss!

Store LocationGood guys northland

Service People are Useless

They said they were going to call me 30 mins before they came to my house, I thought 'great I'll have a chance to drive home', didn't ring at all, when I called they said they rang the doorbell and no one was home. Of course you dumb crap, you were supposed to call in advance. Now I have to wait for 3 days for the monkey to come fix the fridge that stopped working 3 days ago while all my food spoils. Fridge is still in warranty. Will never buy from these incompetent halfwits again.

Oh and the Good Guys where I bought it from were useless and said to go straight to Westinghouse.

Store LocationGood Guys

useless customer service and no communication.

Got the big 420ltr upright freezer from good guys ($1900!) , was meant to be frost free.
After the first month the door started frosting at the top which would push the door open. got the extra coverage ( concierge service) from The good guys (extra $300!!) for them to say "not our problem, call the manufacture". thanks for that...
After chasing Westinghouse ( Electrolux) for 6 months ( they never called us, we had to call them for any updates), they gave 12hours notice of delivery ( Via text MSG at 7.30pm on a Sunday night), after being told 2 days prior they had no stock and didn't know when they would be getting it, and a call at 7:30 Monday morning saying to be home between 10-1. Good thing we were only 3.5 hours away on holiday ( we told them), and was told to "just get there" and if no one was home, to bad.
So we cut our holiday short as we didn't know if we get another replacement within the next 6 months... Called up after to make the complaint only to spoken to rudely and be told "well you didn't have to come home" and basically to bad so sad...
Now on the replacement the handle is scratched and the clip that covers the screws wont stay on... Call up again to ask for replacement handle/clips to be sent out to be told they don't keep records of replacements and serial numbers and we will need to start a the whole process again of inspection ect... wonder if we need to wait another 6 months...

never buying and electrolux products again...

Store LocationThe goodguys castle hill.
Hi Kameron, Linda from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda. Thanks

Shoddy workmanship these days

Bought a new Westinghouse Four French Door WQE6000SA refrigerator less than two weeks ago. Thing hasn’t worked properly since we installed it. Westinghouse were slow to respond to my calls in regards to the issues we were having with it. It turns out it needs a new part that our local authorised repairer doesn’t have in stock so another week without a fridge. Shame as they used to be a good reliable brand.

Store LocationHarvey Norman

Very disappointed

A few years ago we purchased an electric wall oven with a separate grill which could be used as a second smaller oven. Great for baking smaller items, probably the most versatile oven I have ever had. After it died I replaced it with the same. Big mistake, the smaller oven takes longer to heat up than the bigger oven and doesn’t cook properly and the big oven doesn’t heat to the correct temperature. So annoyed and disappointed, wouldn’t buy their products again

Store LocationThe Good Guys

Extremely poor customer service!!

Why am I not surprised there are a number of reviews about poor customer service. I work for a charitable organisation which provides supported accommodation to vulnerable individuals. We purchased two fridges at the end of March and one since it has been purchased, does not work, leaving our residents without much needed fridge space. After two weeks and multiple emails on our behalf, I have not had a call back from Westinghouse or The Good Guys and have been told to simply call the Customer Support. I will need to purchase more whiteware to cover our six houses in the future, however will NOT be purchasing Westinghouse if this is indicative of the after sales service from both businesses. I am seriously unimpressed and believe both Westinghouse and The Good Guys need to be working better together if they wish to retain customers.

Further to this...I have just had a call from Electrolux about the fridge and was told a technician could come and take a look but I would have to pay a travel charge! How can a 'for profit business' sell a brand new fridge to a charitable organisation and then ask for a travel charge when the fridge they sold was not in good working order and has not worked since it was delivered??? Come on Electrolux! you work for profit clearly and we are have to source funds to support vulnerable individuals. Disgusting! All I wanted was a fridge in working order. I would not recommend either your business or The Good Guys to anyone.

Misleading promotions

What a disgusting company. They don’t care about their customers despite claiming that they do. Purchased one of their refrigerators from Harvey Norman during their promotional period. Was told to just put down a deposit as I won’t be getting the refrigerator till April. Put through all of the paperwork for the cash back only to be told the receipt needs to show no balance owing. Returned to Harvey Norman and paid the balance in full prior to the end of the redemption period which is tomorrow (14/02/19). Provided the new receipt and apparently not eligible at all. No answers to my emails, was on hold for close to 30 minutes to speak to someone only to have the line drop out. What’s the point? Don’t bother advertising a cash back offer or anything because you have no ability in fulfilling those requests and are not interested in helping. Thanks for nothing. Will never purchase another product from you again. Absolutely misleading.

Bad customer service

Westinghouse refrigerator, 10 months old, under warrant, door on freezer not closing properly ice everywhere can barley open the door. A guy came and didn't seem to know what was wrong and said he'd be back in a week with parts, never showed up, then I called them and they said in another week someone would come, no show again so I called them again and they said someone would come the next day and guess what it's the 3rd time they said a technician would come and no one showed up they didn't even bother to call and let me know. So annoyed and frustrated if he can't fix it just say so and give me another one.

Hi Ana, Julie from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your fridge. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with your repair If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Julie Thanks Julie

The worst customer service

Purchased a dishwasher on 11 April which failed on 15 July. Dishwasher cannot be repaired. Initially offered a store credit which was subsequently withdrawn as were supposed to return damaged goods to them!! However in our defence this was NOT disclosed or discussed when the store credit was authorised, but ONLY when we followed up to determine where it was at!!!

Westinghouse have now reconsidered their decision and have issued a store credit...Now to determine which make and model of dishwasher to buy :)

Westinghouse Cash Back

Cash Back buys are a Sham! Purchased large Westinghouse refrigerator from The Good Guys. Processed successfully with validation and approval for $150 cash back refund. Cash back was never received. After waiting 8weeks and an email requesting further waiting, then Numerous (5) contacts with relevant staff and confirmed my account details twice, over period of three months. They said they would call me back. No call and still no cash back.
I called them back again a month later, the person claimed had no experience and did not know who to talk too. Done. Never buy an item with anticipation of cash back. Lesson, don't be baited into buying item with cash back promo, it's a sham!

Hi Vee, Rumana from Electrolux here. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks Rumana

Yet another dissatisfied customer!

We purchased a Westinghouse WBE5300SAR bottom mount freezer refrigerator recently only for it to break down 5 months later, the fan situated at the bottom of the fridge freezes up then the fridge goes warm and the fan blows because it can’t spin.
Rang the warranty agent for our area (hunter/Port Stephens NSW) only to be told it would be a 4 week wait!! The lady was rude, un helpful and offered no solution. We waited 4 weeks for them to come out and tell us it would be ANOTHER 2 weeks for the part to come in. 7 weeks without a fridge, no replacement, no compensation, no spare fridge just bad attitude from the warranty agent secretary.
2 months later it breaks down again, same problem, fan frozen fridge goes warm. Again we’re expected to wait 4 weeks for the warranty agent technician. This time we demand a replacement which they reluctantly agree to.
3 months later the SAME problem happens this time with a brand new Westinghouse fridge. Again the same rediculously rude warranty agent for our area tries to book us in for 3 weeks time. This time we replaced it with a Samsung.

Dear T. dunn, Zaida of Electrolux here. I'm so sorry to hear of the experiences you've had and welcome the opportunity to discuss it with you. Should you wish to discuss this with me, could you please email us at customercare@electrolux.com.au and in subject line place: “Product Review Feedback | WBE5300SAR | T. dunn." Please include in your email your full name and number, and once received, we'll give you a call. Thanks in advance.

Rude Customer Service & expensive parts.

Purchased 60cm Gas Oven GOR474SNG in April 2014. Less than 4 years of use the Ignition is died. Had a very cheap Brand for more than 15 years and NEVER had any repairs done!!!
Called Westinghouse Customer Service (it took 30 minutes to get through) and got very unpleasant and rude assistance ([name removed]) on another side. She could not give me any indication what is wrong with the oven and the total cost of repairs (even after my detailed explanation of the problem).
At the end of the call she abused me and said that I am very rude (probably because I have mentioned that it took half an hour to get through or because I had an accent).
The technician arrived and said it will cost $325.00 (the cost of the oven was $920.00), so it was third of the cost price. It took him 5 minutes to replace the part!!! What a rip off. Will never buy ANYTHING from Westinghouse brand EVER again and do not recommend to anyone!!!

Hi Lana, Zaida of Electrolux here. Sorry to hear of the issues and experiences you've had. Would love the opportunity to assist. Could you please email us at customercare@electrolux.com.au and in subject line place: “Product Review Assistance Required | (add your model) | (add your Product Review username)." Please include in your email your full name and number, copy and paste your comments above, and once received, we'll give you a call. Thanks in advance.Hi Zaida, Promises, promises, promises!!! As per your request (your email 04/07) I have forwarded an email with details of the bank account for the promised refund of $180.00, the cost of part 0673001083 (Box Ignition). It was 10/07/18. My 2nd email as a reminder was 02/08/18. No respond OR refund again. Conclusion, Electrolux/Westinghouse are NOT professional or honest......!!!!!

Non existent after sales service.

Warranty repair lasted 3 months.Been calling customer service to get it fixed again.Tried calling on 5 separate occasions and been on call waiting for 30 mins each time.Do yourself a favour and steer clear of this company, they are not interested in providing any after sales service for their heaps of junk.

Hi Theo T, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experience. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana with ticket number 480385. Thanks RumanaThanks Rumana, I will certainly do that.I will attach it to the email that I sent to that email address on the 20th June that pre dated my latest series of phone calls.My email has also not been answered - 6 days and waiting.

Serviceman takes advantage of elderly widow

The title says it all, really. Charged a $286 callout fee to come and say "there's nothing wrong" without actually inspecting anything and leaving after a minute. Thanks for that. Won't be buying any of your products again.

Hi MRC, Catherine from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Catherine. Thanks, Catherine

Outstanding warranty service - Westinghouse and Harvey Norman

Our 4 year old 130L bar fridge died one day before the Easter public holidays, with guests due to arrive and the fridge fully stocked with food. It was covered by an extended warranty (the only time I've ever bought an extended warranty) purchased directly with Electrolux/Westinghouse, not Harvey Norman Warwick Qld where we purchased the fridge from originally. At 9am, I called Westinghouse direct who gave me the phone number of a local service agent. After a few hours, I still hadn't received a call back from the local service agent in my country town, so I called Westinghouse back. At 12pm, I received a phone call from the local service agent who advised he was asked to call me by the Qld State Manager of Electrolux/Westinghouse to get my issue sorted asap. It turned out that the sealed unit on the fridge had failed and it wasn't worth repairing in such a small fridge. So, by 3pm I received a call advising that the Qld State Manager had arranged a store credit with my local Harvey Norman so I could go in immediately and purchase whatever brand of fridge I needed. I purchased another Westinghouse fridge, again with extended warranty. The service by Electrolux/Westinghouse and Harvey Norman Warwick Qld staff was "above and beyond" in any circumstances and I wish to thank them very much for their kind assistance in sorting out my warranty claim in one day.

Westinghouse Refrigerator BJ505S-R

I purchased this Westinghouse refrigerator about 10 years ago. On the 29th January 2018 when I opened the fridge, the fridge door and the freezer door, both came crashing to the ground, narrowly missing my foot. The door had broken off the hinge. If there was a child nearby (who I babysit) it could have caused serious damage. I was in shock and have written to Westinghouse. Have yet to hear from them.

This should never happen as it is a huge OH&S hazard. This is the second time I have drawn inherent manufacturing defects to Westinghouse and have never heard from them. . Would never buy Westinghouse again.

Hi Julie R, Catherine from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Fridge. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Catherine. Thanks, Catherine

Great Customer Service

Just want to say what great customer service I had from Michael (?) in Customer Service in Melbourne. It was a Warranty issue on a fridge and this was dealt with in a personable and timely manner.

What After Service!

I rang Electrolux for service on our 3 yr old Westinghouse standing electric oven with gas cooktop. We are suspecting the bottom element needs replacing. I was then told be Electrolux that we are no longer under warranty and they cannot recommend anyone to us for service due to us no longer having warranty. I was told to look up yellow pages and find a gas plumber that services electricity. I did ask Electrolux if our oven was still in warranty would they recommend a service provider, they responded YES they would. Electrolux you should be ashamed that you do not support you customers and products outside of warranty. I was pleased to find others companies more helpful with customer support to help us fix our oven.

Tick Tock Now That's A Clock

The Westinghouse Free style fan forced
oven is still going strong after 17 years
that's an endorsement in itself, it has
performed flawlessly and is easy to
operate. The removable shelves are
good for washing or positioning for
maximum heat effect.