2.0

Rony J.

Rony J.New South Wales

2 years n 7 months and its gone ...

I bought this free standing dishwasher on December 2017 and within 2 years and 7 months its broken and its out of warranty. Now i need to spend $155 for call out fee plus any parts. I have spend nearly $800 for the dishwasher and expected bit more life on it.
Until the fault i was happy with the product.

Frazzled

FrazzledGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Shoddy

We have a French door fridge freezer which will be 3 years old in October. Already we have had two significant issues: First, the freezer door handle fell off. A tiny plastic bracket was the problem, but it was not possible to obtain one and we were told we had to purchase 3 entire handles at $250! I pursued this via their customer service Dept and they provided the handles free of charge, which was decent. Then, the fridge simply stopped working and the cooling sensor needed to be replaced, costing another $200. The warranty only lasts 2 years and I now see why.

Store LocationHarvey Norman nunawading

Store LocationBurnie Tasmania
warren

warrenBrisbane

RS825S - 18 years, no faults

I brought this big double door 816 liter fridge,freezer new form Harvey Norman in early 2002.cost $5000.
It has been moved 7 times in the last 18 years,not easy to move as it is so big, and has had NO FAULTS in that time.
I was in HN just last week and remarked to a sales person about our 18 year old fridge,how great it has been.
Today it just stopped,no compressor,no front panel lights.DEAD.
Nothing has broken on it,plastic draws and runners are all ok.
Have found that the main computer board is dead.
Found a new computer board,cost $200, which is being fitted next week.
Every week we have this fridge now is a bonus as not many modern fridges last 18 years fault free.
Very happy.

Store Locationharvey norman.
Dee

Dee

Westinghouse Fridge/freezer WHE5204SB

This fridge/freezer starting beeping after just two months, not freezing the food
Had to reset it for the last two nights in the early hours
Customer service is poor , had an old w/h fridge that lasted 10 years
would not buy this brand again
asked for a new one , would not commit, shows you the attitude during C19
Fridge quality rubbish

Store LocationJoondalup
Chris D

Chris D

Poor quality build.

Oven is 3!years old and has needed repairing twice in this time. One was under warranty.
I have other brand ovens that are older that have never had a problem so far.
Will never by another Westinghouse product again. Name doesn’t live up to its reputation.
Paid $145 for them to replace a $15 part. Tried getting Electrolux to fix under warranty as it is just out of warranty time, but they wouldn’t. They wanted to charge us a call our fee and we had to ask the retailer to see if they could negotiate for us. Electrolux would only agree to pay the cost of the faulty part. Worried what’s going to need replacing next time

jeni

jeniSydney, NSW

nice fridge

Fridge stop working during c 19. Rang monday, new fridge arrived thursday. Could not fault the service.All staff were fantastic. I have always bought westinghouse with no problem. Lets see how we go with this one.

Store LocationGOOD GUYS BANKSTOWN NSW
James N.

James N.Sydney, NSW

Dishwasher is terrible

I don’t understand how Westinghouse have such a successful brand. I have one of their brand new dishwashers...it’s actually worse than the one I replaced it with in terms of washing quality and ability (plates always still dirty). Also, the tracks always get jammed so you can’t close the door

Faulty Fridge

The fridge compressor failed in less than 2 month. I contacted customer care, they told me they replace it with a brand new one. However, they brought another faulty fridge which even has scratch on the freezer door and its not working properly.

Its awful situation especially at this stage due to pandemic.

Store LocationHarvey Norman

kathyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Crap stainless steel

I have a new house with new appliances all Westinghouse, well there stoves are crap,they scratch like nothing,all scratch marks from removing plates I'm very particular with my house and items but what ever steel there using is absolute crap also I will never get a Westinghouse stove again just have to move plates and it scratches steels probably from china cheap and nasty

Tam

TamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Flawed upright stove

I bought an upright elrctric Westinghouse Stove WLE547WA in 2014. In 2017 some of the temperature controls no longer worked and Westinghouse did replace all of them at no cost to me. Three years later the temperature controls once again are failty but Westinghouse refuse to replace them. There is obviously a fault with the product. According to the ACCC a stove in this price range ($1198), should last at least 10 years but Westinghouse refuse to acknowledge this.and fix my stove.

Store LocationGood Guys
Veronica

VeronicaSydney

Will never buy this brand again

Store LocationBing Lee
doug13

doug13South East Queensland, QLD

dishwasher

Store Locationsupplied as a new house was built

Oven door shattered Christmas Day

I was cooking a roast beef, lamb and chicken on Christmas Day for lunch for the whole family. I took out a tray to move veges around. As I opened the door of my 900mm 3 month old Westinghouse oven to return the tray the interior glass in the door just exploded. We were sweeping up glass 7 m away. Ruined lunch.

Store LocationHarvey Norman Warragul

Lukec

Lukec

Four weeks for replacement...

Fridge stopped working after one week, ruining all my food. It took 4 weeks to get a replacement delivered. Customer service were hopeless with follow up. After four emails and six phone calls, they've had all the chances they needed to make that right. I wish I'd read fge reviews here prior to purchasing.

Store LocationGood guys online
Alex4545

Alex4545Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent Customer Service

After seeing black gunk oozing and sticking to the bottom of my fridge doors, I emailed customer service and they immediately replied back the next day to organise a date for a repairman to come to the home. Once that was organised, they came as scheduled and fixed it like new. I'm now a very happy Westinghouse customer.

Store LocationAppliances Online
Mastanasta F.

Mastanasta F.Sydney, NSW

Westinghouse dishwasher

Have to admit, our dishwasher will not die. It's been washing dishes every day and night for 8 years and is still going strong. It has a perfectly useful 30min cycle, unlike another dishwasher we had which required an hour and a half to complete the "fast" cycle. Dishes always come out looking pristine (we do pre-wash) and it has never leaked or caused an issue. Have to give credit where it is due and this aussie-made dishwasher is surprisingly good, if not looking a little worse for wear.

Kerrie

KerrieCentral West, NSW

Would have bought other brand

Westinghouse , free standing stove, WLE 525 WA, servicing Hotplate;s a nightmare..
would buy a different brand, had I known.. Hotplate Element's Hard wired, Cleaning of stove top
and the Grill area, cramped for room..

Store LocationBeta Electrical
jessica01

jessica01queensland

Baked the way I wanted

I just love my oven. Not matter what I cooked, they just turned out the way we wanted. It made cooking or baking more enjoyable.
It's stylish stainless steal design looking, it's at very affordable price range.

Store LocationHarvey Norman Toowoomba