Westinghouse WFG617SA / WFG617WA

WFG617SA, WFG617WA

4.2

BILLSunshine North

Happy as Larry with it

Did a oven test set it to 180 I put a thermometer into the oven the temp read 180 so it was spot on
    oven fan very quite
    oven light is bright
    The only small problem I have is the wok burner don't light using the Electronic Ignition but lights ok with gas torch
    Just cooked my first roast with it turned out perfect
    I got a great deal on it as it was a factory second had a minor dent on side it can not bee seen when installed

Wok burner is now Lighting using Electronic Ignition.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
    Murray

MurrayKatoomba NSW

Good stove

After more than a year, this stove has been very good for us. With a natural gas connection the burners work well, only occasionally needing a gas gun when the igniter switch won't work. One thing to note: the fan in the oven is quite loud. It's not problem for us since we don't use it often but it may be an issue for others.
    Overall, highly recommended.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
    Julian S

Julian SSpringwood

A good small stove

Date PurchasedMay 2018
    Freestanding Ovens

Find out how Westinghouse WFG617SA / WFG617WA compares to other Freestanding Ovens

jloboy

jloboygriffith

Great gas oven

We bought this gas oven for our kitchen . . And it is a great gas oven . . The oven itself cooks foods cakes breads meat very nicely.. easy to adjust the temperature and the burners are very easy to light with push button ignition . Lots of space on the cooktop and easy to clean

Date PurchasedJun 2017
    Alexandra

AlexandraPerth, WA

Gas cooking with lots of space

This is a great gas oven. The cast iron burners are very durable. Lots of space on the cooktop and can use all burners at once easily. Food cooks evenly and quickly.

My only changes in design would be: make the grill tray easier to remove/ more space and have a temperature gauge on the oven so you know when it has preheated. I would also prefer a different style of oven timer.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
    Warren

WarrenErowal Bay

Exactly what I wanted

I bought this stove for a small holiday cabin, and particularly wanted all gas because of a limited power supply. The cooktop burners are easy to light with push button ignition, and were adjusted for low simmer from the factory. The trivets are very sturdy and easy to remove for cleaning. Christmas turkey, as well as cakes, are perfectly cooked in the fan forced oven. I have two older but similar Westinghouse stoves with electric grill in rental properties. The only problems have been a failed switch for a grill, and damaged knobs probably caused by improper use. I certainly would recommend this stove based on my experience so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Good experienc

Date PurchasedJun 2017

m.e.Portland

Update on review dated 6th Nov 2016

Date PurchasedOct 2016
    Waz1

Waz1Sydney, NSW

This is an excellent oven

Design great, solid cast iron trivets are good burner layout well thought out, lighting of all burners faultless, grill cooks very well, oven cooks perfectly, cooks evenly as well. Removable inner oven door glass is a great idea for cleaning. I've repaired ovens for 30 years so I know a little about them, this is the first new oven we have purchased in that time & we're very happy with it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
    Freestanding Ovens

Lots of design faults

The brand new stove has a lot of problems with gas jet ignition and often I have to use a gas gun. This was one of the reasons we got rid of our old Chef expecting a new Westinghouse would not give any problems. I also can't understand why the very front gas jet on the RHS is the smallest as most cooking needs a large jet at the front. So I have to lean over this small jet to stir the contents of saucepans at the back. The Chef had larger jets at the front and smaller at the rear - this is definitely a backward step. Not happy!

Not user friendly

Westinghouse
    ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Mumma C

Mumma Casked

WFG617SA / WFG617WA

Does any of the front of your oven/stove/knobs get hot to touch when in use? Thinking of purchasing it, but have toddlers in the house

BILL

No all the Knobs remain cool

Geoff Hulls

Geoff Hullsasked

WFG617SA / WFG617WA

What causes the oven light to stay on and heat stay on after everything turned off?

Robynbasked

WFG617SA / WFG617WA

Our grill won’t stay alight, it did up u til about 2 weeks ago. Any idea how to rectify this ? We use the grill very regularly so need it to work. This is our 3rd Westinghouse and finding there seems to always be some issue which isn’t covered by warranty

BILL

Hi try removing the grill tray on the right side of the grill just below the burner there is a safety sensor hidden by a support bracket try giving it a gentle clean some times it get a build up of grease or dirt on it this could cause it to go out.

Robynb

Thanks I will give that a go

Westinghouse
    ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Hi Robynb,

Tania from Electrolux here.

We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse upright range.

If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania Ticket Number 1483890

Thanks, Tania

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Compare all 2 Westinghouse WFG617SA / WFG617WA
    Dimensions 916 x 596 x 632 mm916 x 596 x 632 mm
    Cooktop TypeGasGas
    Number of Burners/Zones 44
    Wok Burner YesYes
    Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
    Compare all 2 Westinghouse WFG617SA / WFG617WA