Westinghouse WFG617SA / WFG617WA

WFG617SA and WFG617WA

BILL

BILLSunshine North

Happy as Larry with it

Did a oven test set it to 180 I put a thermometer into the oven the temp read 180 so it was spot on
oven fan very quite
oven light is bright
The only small problem I have is the wok burner don't light using the Electronic Ignition but lights ok with gas torch
Just cooked my first roast with it turned out perfect
I got a great deal on it as it was a factory second had a minor dent on side it can not bee seen when installed

Wok burner is now Lighting using Electronic Ignition.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Murray

MurrayKatoomba NSW

Good stove

After more than a year, this stove has been very good for us. With a natural gas connection the burners work well, only occasionally needing a gas gun when the igniter switch won't work. One thing to note: the fan in the oven is quite loud. It's not problem for us since we don't use it often but it may be an issue for others.
Overall, highly recommended.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
jloboy

jloboygriffith

Great gas oven

We bought this gas oven for our kitchen . . And it is a great gas oven . . The oven itself cooks foods cakes breads meat very nicely.. easy to adjust the temperature and the burners are very easy to light with push button ignition . Lots of space on the cooktop and easy to clean

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Alexandra

AlexandraPerth, WA

Gas cooking with lots of space

This is a great gas oven. The cast iron burners are very durable. Lots of space on the cooktop and can use all burners at once easily. Food cooks evenly and quickly.

My only changes in design would be: make the grill tray easier to remove/ more space and have a temperature gauge on the oven so you know when it has preheated. I would also prefer a different style of oven timer.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Warren

WarrenErowal Bay

Exactly what I wanted

I bought this stove for a small holiday cabin, and particularly wanted all gas because of a limited power supply. The cooktop burners are easy to light with push button ignition, and were adjusted for low simmer from the factory. The trivets are very sturdy and easy to remove for cleaning. Christmas turkey, as well as cakes, are perfectly cooked in the fan forced oven. I have two older but similar Westinghouse stoves with electric grill in rental properties. The only problems have been a failed switch for a grill, and damaged knobs probably caused by improper use. I certainly would recommend this stove based on my experience so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Good experienc

Date PurchasedJun 2017

m.e.Portland

Update on review dated 6th Nov 2016

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Waz1

Waz1Sydney, NSW

This is an excellent oven

Design great, solid cast iron trivets are good burner layout well thought out, lighting of all burners faultless, grill cooks very well, oven cooks perfectly, cooks evenly as well. Removable inner oven door glass is a great idea for cleaning. I've repaired ovens for 30 years so I know a little about them, this is the first new oven we have purchased in that time & we're very happy with it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Lots of design faults

The brand new stove has a lot of problems with gas jet ignition and often I have to use a gas gun. This was one of the reasons we got rid of our old Chef expecting a new Westinghouse would not give any problems. I also can't understand why the very front gas jet on the RHS is the smallest as most cooking needs a large jet at the front. So I have to lean over this small jet to stir the contents of saucepans at the back. The Chef had larger jets at the front and smaller at the rear - this is definitely a backward step. Not happy!

Not user friendly

Westinghouse
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Bodey Builders

Bodey Buildersasked

WFG617SA

is this stove fan forced?

Phil
Phil

Yes, there is a button to turn the fan on and off. There is no indicator light, but you can tell it is on by the button depressed detant, and the sound of the fan. May not be good for older people who may not be able to discern these factors.

m.e.

Yes, it is. It works very well to help the food cook evenly. My oven light stays on during operation no matter how low I've set the temperature. This is handy as I can see whether I've left the oven on after I've finished baking.

Don

Yes, it is fan forced. I have since got used to every so often having to use the gas gun to light a jet. I also have got used to the stove top layout. Maybe I was a little harsh in my original judgement and probably should have given it another star or 2.

Pam

Pamasked

WFG617SA

Can someone please tell me the internal measurements of the WFG 617SA? thanks Pam

Do you mean oven measurements? 420cm deep by 80cm wide

Nerida

Neridaasked

WFG617SA

the griller will not stay ignited. How can I troubleshoot this?

Don

You need to press the control for at least 20 sec or else it will go out.

agatha1960

We've had this problem with some of the burners. My husband pulled the knobs out a little which seems to alter the connection. If it's under warranty and won't stay on even if you hold the knob for a few seconds I would get them out to modify it. We had to have a serviceman out shortly after installation because the wok burner wouldn't stay lit and he made some simple alteration. It's very annoying and a poor reflection on Westinghouse that such a crap design made it onto the market.

m.e.

Sorry - mine has an electric grill but sometimes the gas burners on top have to be lit with either a match or a gas gun. I recommend contacting your installer to re-adjust the griller jets.

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Westinghouse WFG617WA

Dimensions 916 x 596 x 632 mm916 x 596 x 632 mm
Cooktop TypeGasGas
Number of Burners/Zones 44
Wok Burner YesYes
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)

Download manual