Westinghouse Built-In WMB4425SA

Listing monitored by Westinghouse

3.5
    Wiser NowSydney Surrounds, NSW

Has to be hard wired

After the kitchen guy slipped this into the cavity it was realised it had to be hard wired. This is not possible in my kitchen, I can only have a gas regular oven, not electric. Cost me over $1300 and I can't use it. I tried to sell it for $800 negotiable, it is no use to me, but got no interest. Before you buy any convection microwave check it can be installed in your kitchen. Gave it 3 stars as it looks good, hard to rate when I can't use it

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Caz MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Westinghouse microwave oven

We’ve had this microwave/convection oven for about a month now. It’s very powerful. It’s been ok, but the manual is a little vague and so I haven’t looked at all the settings. You’re supposed to be able to cook a roast in there which would be great, I’m too scared to try it tho in case it doesn’t work! We had a Whirlpool with the crispy plate before this and that was great for reheating pizza. It’s hard to know what to put this on?

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Other Microwaves

Ruth D
    Ruth Dasked

I have one of these microwaves and have not been able to work out when I should use the grill trays. I don’t usually grill in this m/w , rather use it as a microwave and a combi oven. Too scared to try other uses eg oven baking and grilling .

Caz M

The racks? You use them if you want quicker browning or caramelisation.

Wiser Nowasked

Westinghouse does this unit need to be hard wired? Or can I get a plug on it and plug it in to a normal power point?

Caz M

Ours is hard wired, apparently it’s better to be on its own circuit according to our electrician

Wiser Now

Thanks Caz. I can't get a dedicated circuit in my kitchen to hard wire it. Electrlolux just rang me back and said it can have a plug with a 15 Amp cord and a 15 amp power point. So I will call the electrician again and ask him if that would work. I suspect I dont't have enough circuits

Wiser Now

The electrician said a 15 AMP point also needs a dedicated circuit, so it is no use to me

Gavin.Carr
    Gavin.Carrasked

Why is our microwave sparking when we put a glass of water inside?

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

CategoryMicrowaves