Westinghouse WSE6900

Best side by side with many safety glass shelves

We bought this fridge 2 months ago from Retravision Cannington to replace our 14 years old Westinghouse S.B.S 610L fridge which was warm in the fridge section. Retravision matched Good Guys 20% discount with extra 5% off for RAC members. We waited 20 hours before switching on the new fridge although it is stated at least 4 hours according to Westinghouse user manual. This is to allow the oil to flow back in the compressor.

We are very pleased as there are many adjustable shelves and LED lights in both sections. I can store a full bunch of celery or spring onions horizontally. I bought a 14 bays egg storage box with lid from Howard Storage World to store eggs. It is super quiet even in the night time. I can keep my 2.2kg sourdough in a big glass bowl overnight in the fridge. The old fridge is next to the new fridge as we use it to store stainless steel cookwares and other items.

Purchased in January 2019 at Retravision Cannington for $1,300.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout

Waste of money and poor service

Purchased this after reading good reviews. Within 2 months the freezer stopped working. To access any service or assistance requires a phone call where each time it takes 25 - 35 minutes of on-hold music before you actually speak to anyone. And don't let them put you on hold - you'll invariably be cut off! A service person came and repaired it 3 times over the course of 3-4 weeks - each time assuring me "now it will be fine". Just kept getting error messages and no freezing. Finally Electrolux took it away and provided me with a much smaller, totally inadequate loan fridge. 16 days later and I have no idea when I'm getting a replacement, and get brushed off by call centre or promised call-backs that don't come.
When it WAS working it was quiet, but got very loud once the freezer played up. Lack of deli compartment is a drawback; and the doors aren't self closing which is a real pain.
I want to give this zero stars just for the stress and inconvenience it has caused by being without a freezer over the summer holidays and with 4 small children at home. Poor poor service Electrolux.
Would not recommend.

Purchased in September 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,696.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 6 person(s)
Hi HQH, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to read this review. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details with ref 813687 at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, RumanaHi Rumana. 2 months after reporting the initial fault, 3 and a half weeks of having an inadequate loan fridge, and countless hours (literally) spent on hold while trying to speak to you guys, and I was FINALLY offered a new fridge - but told it will be another 2 weeks or more! I’ve declined and am waiting for a store credit so I can purchase a new fridge - I’ll be avoiding Westinghouse. I’m sincerely hoping the store credit will cover the cost of delivery as I don’t see why I should have to be paying that a second time. Hopefully an end to a bad experience.

Disappointed

Purchased this model thinking we were going with a good brand but 10 days later the screen shows CL and neither fridge or freezer are now working/ cooling. All food spoilt. Tried turning off for 5 minutes to reset but didnt work. Contacted tech support but 3 days for technician to come out. Will see how that goes tomorrow and how the claim for spoilt food goes. very disappointed with our purchase.
Technician came and confirmed fridge has sealed system failure and we can either chose a new fridge as ourc purchase was only 10 days ago or fix current fridge. Also told entitled to spoilt food reimbursement.
We chose a new fridge. Told would be sent an email that afternoon with new fridge drop off details and claim form for lost food.
2 days later still no email or call from Westinghouse. Been calling and call centre say they cant do anything until a supervisor authorises it but WA supervisor is not responding. Also say we purchased a seconds fridge which we did not.
Finally Sydney supervisor authorises it and we hopefully will get a new fridge delivered tomorrow. 1 week after contacting Westinghouse.
Still waiting on email which i have requested now 4 times for spoilt food reimbursement.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Renee P, Tania from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania? We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, TaniaHi Tania, Part of our issues have been resolved but still waiting on receiving any correspondence via email as was first advised by Westinghouse. I will email again as you request.

Plastic around glass shelves cracked within a year

When we bought the fridge, we were told they were no longer Australian made but we trusted the brand anyway. The fridge is working fine but very disappointed to find the plastics used are poor quality.

The plastic trim around the shelves in the freezer & fridge cracked. These are the shelves right above the drawers/crisper so they did not have anything sitting directly on them. Was told no one had any problems with them and replacements are $55 each + freight.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Not very happy

Purchased less than 5 months ago, went bad Friday 3/8/18 could not get any help untill Monday 3/9/18.
Have to go through Eastern States to get them to notify WA technician coming Tuesday 4/9/18. problem freezer stops and CL comes in dialogue box, nothing covers it in the instruction booklet very bad, as do not know whether to continue using fridge part. Turned it all off hoping computer would rectify itself, no good still a problem. Does not do Westinghouse reputation any good, losing a lot of frozen product and having to wait out W/end before any type of action, hope it works and get some satisfaction.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi RWA, Kathy from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse Fridge If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Kathy Thanks, KathyThank you Kathy, your technician came yesterday and found a slight leak in a pipe (Quality control needs looking at) Fixed it, thought it was not working at first but after afew hours came good. Had contacted the company and they were prepared to give new refrigerator if needed, very impressed with the discussion, Still workin ok so very happy, although lost app $500 in spoiled food. happy with response from ElectroluxFurther to last comment, all working ok, have lodged a claim for spoiled product will see how it goes, hopefull as they say will consider it. Will restore some faith in Company and product

stylish excellent well presented fridge/freezer

Even though we have only recently purchased this item, we are amazed at the quietness and the quality of the components through out this fridge/freezer. Total delighted and amazed at the temperature control, for the first time for a long time our fridge is cold and freezer truly freezes the food inside it. always had Westinghouse and our previous freezer we have had for 43 years and it is still working.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

AMAZING AFTER SALE SERVICE

I bought a Westinghouse 700L side by side fridge 5 years ago. It leaked black tar from middle front bar. Westinghouse have now discontinued that fridge and a repair was attempted. As it didn’t resolve Westinghouse replaced our fridge, with a very reasonable contribution from us, and we now have this beauty with a 5 year warranty. BEST AFTER SALE SERVICE EVER WESTINGHOUSE. You contacted me as soon as you read the original review and have exceeded our expectations. Thank you

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Perfect

We had been looking for a new fridge for some time when this guy came on special at the Good Guys. We were looking for a big fridge with a large freezer as we could stock up on groceries and didn't have to shop every day. This is the ideal purchase. With enough fridge and freezer room this will solve your every day needs. Easy to clean and has enough shelves for everything. Westinghouse is a great make and we have had no problems with them. Would recommend.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Freezer not cooling brand new

Just bought this Westinhhouse wes6900sa. Our LG same size died just under three months out of warranty Awesome by the way other than dieing. So we purchased this westinghouse. We have had Westinghouse fridge freezers before. Normally great. This new one freezer wont cool. Very unimpressed by this new one. Great luck one dead one to another. Not even a day old.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Jono, Leslie from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Leslie? We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, Leslie

Good fridge. Runs well and reliable so far

Good temperature control. After having fridge now for 3 years it's safe to say we are happy with our purchase. We have had some random nights where the compressor will be very noisy for about 10 minutes and then back to normal. Some of the compartments are made of semi brittle plastic which can break easily but we learnt to be careful pretty quick. The baskets in the bottom of freezer are okay but can be annoying to try get things in and out of.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Good Fridge

The Fridge has large space with reasonable electricity consumption. Great for a big family. Heaps of features including led light digital control, ice box and shelves. The fridge is quiet and cooling down the temperature quickly. Very easy to clean up and so far no issue has been found .

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Great fridge

I don't usually write reviews but I will for this fridge. We had a 29 degree night last night and a seven-hour power cut. The heat inside the house was insufferable. I got up this morning ready to throw everything away and the ice cubes hadn't even started to melt and fuse together. That's quite some fridge!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Awesome fridge love it

Love this fridge we have three teen boys and needed space this fridge is reliable and big.
Love the lighting leds
Digital controls
Little ice box and spill proof shelves

Note we had the Westinghouse wse6100sa
For 8 years before this fridge and only sold it due to needing the bigger model of you a looking for a big fridge to do the job the 6900 is the one

Note love appliances online !!!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great so far..

It came to temperature quickly, and is very quiet, after the initial startup noises, which were hilarious, and at one point sounded like a person moaning, and at another point, sounded like it was doing a happy dance. We thought it was great fun!

The lockable compartment on ours doesn't lock, in that anyone can spin the lock without squeezing the click-pads. Didn't matter as we are a child-free household.

The handles are seriously easy to put on and click down - I wish all fridges and freezers came with that system!

The shelves are a little tight to rearrange in some instances, especially in the freezer. A bit annoying, as I re-arrange frequently to suit what we have stored.

Also, the little sliding bays that supposedly 'tilt and lift' out - I can't do it! I can't get them out for the life of me!

I'm a little puzzled as to why such a big fridge freezer would only have an eight bay egg tray? My old smaller fridge has a twenty bay egg tray, which is more like it - wondering if I can buy another egg tray? (I shouldn't have to, such an expensive item should have enough!)

I've had it one day, and am rather pleased - I'll update in the comments, in a few weeks if there's anything else.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
I've just rung electrolux, who are sending a technician... All of a sudden the motor/ fan gets really loud sometimes in the cycle - a real grinding noise. Waking us up at night! I'll report back after the technician has been.So, the heater has failed, and we were all iced up in the fridge side. The fan was knocking against the ice. The technician has to come back with parts - he couldn't even open it until the ice melted. Lucky I run another fridge and an upright freezer in different parts of the house, to keep the food until parts arrive. We will be fixed in two days, but I'm concerned the fan may have also been damaged by hitting the ice. It kept it's temperature beautifully though, all through the initial problem. I still love this fridge, and the tech said it's the first of this model he's had to attend. Just lucky, I guess!I'm very upset with the technician - he seemed to get it going again after replacing the mother board, but after he left, there was water all over the floor. I have top grade laminate, so it was ok, but if I hadn't seen it for a few more hours... So I pulled the fridge out to sop up the water, but couldn't push it back, as the water kept spilling out if I pushed it. I called him and also left a text message, well before business hours ended - as I can't put anything in the fridge or access my kitchen drawers, seeing as I now can't move it without water spillage. Nothing, no answer, nothing. I have an empty fridge/freezer eating power, no way to access it, and no way to access my kitchen drawers in the island in front of it. Not happy! Just a call back would have been nice, but I did ask if there was a way to drain the compartment. Left me with a situation and no help.

Pleasantly Surprised!

Bought this unit 6 weeks ago and so far we are very happy with it. It seems to be working really well, is quiet, spacious inside and has great features. The only negative is, that our door handles do not align so we will seek a replacement from the Good Guys. We were told that the freezer handle would move down, which seemed odd but thought we would wait and see -it hasn't!!!!

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Keltoniann, Zaida from Electrolux here. Sorry to hear your handles are not aligning on your new WSE6900SA fridge and would love the opportunity to discuss this with you. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Zaida reference Keltoniann WSE6900SA fridge handles not aligning. Please include your name, number and I will give you a call. Thanks, Zaida

Awesome fridge easy to store everything with ease

Recent purchase less than a week old we are thrilled with the design.
Love the Led lights can see everything clearly. The crispers are fabulous as you really do need 2 of these.
Everything is kept lovely and cold and the wine rack is a bonus .
Fridge seals are perfect our doors grip well as they should :)
Freezer is amazing so happy we finally have the fridge we always wanted.
Haven’t found it noisy at all and the cabinet looks sleek & modern
So far very happy with our purchase.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good and Simple

Bought this fridge few years ago and overall it works quiet well. Except sometime last year the fridge keep freezing up our food inside our fridge. We had to keep opening the fridge and defrost it and close it back up. We asked someone to come and fix it and couldn't find the issue. One day i was talking to a chef and he said it is because of the plastic around the fridge is broken and letting oxygen into the fridge. We than asked someone to come and replace the the plastic and it works perfectly since then.

Date PurchasedMay 2012

Brilliant, love it

I'm quite taken by this Beauty of of a fridge, it's side by side and has a much wider fridge section than others, which has always annoyed me with their narrow fridge width, this unit is a ripper, I can even fit 4 x 6pack of drinks across the bottom shelf, happy with that.
The quality of the finish is excellent ( it should be branded Electolux, it's that good ), just check your doorways and access to your home prior to purchasing, your local retailer has every right to charge you delivery again if you you haven't measured.
Only one minor point is it doesn't have a dedicated drawer or compartment for deli, they could ditch the funky folding wine rack and put in a deli drawer instead,then it really would be better than perfect......

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Has given great service

Overall storage space is great for a big family , Vegetable trays hold a good amount , space for dairy is more than ample . Freezer can hold a great amount of frozens , very quite , Both freezer & fridge compartments have good temperature control and have found once set have never adjusted the setting

Date PurchasedFeb 2010

replacement fridge

This fridge/freezer was a replacement for the faulty 700 litre model which is no longer available. It had black tar like insulation leaking out. When I checked online and saw others having the same issues I approached Westinghouse/Electrolux about it. They sent someone out to clean it up and seal it but that didn't work. So they sent me a replacement. That's Excellent service and will see how this new fridge goes!

Date PurchasedJul 2017