Westinghouse WSF6608 Series

3.3

• Internal Layout

Roger LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Does what it was bought for,great washer.

Excellent,set programme push start and away it goes.
Always rinse and scrape.
Had it for approx 18months no problems with blockages etc.
Best feature is cutlery rack,no being stabbed by knives or forks.

Purchased in April 2019.

Ellen D.

Ellen D.

Repaired after 2.5 years. Persevere to receive support.

We were happy with this dishwasher until it broke just months out of warranty (F9 fault).

The service centre was initially unhelpful but, through the mediation function provided through productreview, a more helpful company representative reached out and arranged for my dishwasher to be serviced at no cost. I didn't need to wait weeks for a technician to be available and the dishwasher was repaired in 8 minutes. This is a good and fair outcome since dishwashers should last much longer.

My belief that Westinghouse is a quality brand has been restored.

Purchased in March 2018.

Cameron

CameronGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Faulty from the start

This dishwasher has a problem with shorting out mid cycle. It has been faulty from brand new. Have seen many other people complain about the same fault on this model. Must be a manufacturing fault.

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$848.00.

Freestanding Dishwashers

Find out how Westinghouse WSF6608 Series compares to other Freestanding Dishwashers

Paul

PaulMelbourne

Overpriced for an average dishwasher

The drying feature doesn't work at all. Had a Westinghouse technician come out who said we have to use one teaspoon of powder and to only use it on the heavy setting. Made no difference so I'm waiting for it to die so I can buy something half the price that works properly.

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$699.00.

Jethro

It worked fine, until it does not

I have this dishwasher installed with our house by the builder for a little over 2 years now.

It tripped the RCD during midcycle and would trip RCD right after I turn it on again.

It will not trip RCD as long as i leave the door open.

Purchased in November 2017.

Jethro

Best dishwasher I've ever had!!!

I only use the time save (50 min) cycle and this dishwasher has cleaned a baking dish that I had used to cook beef brisket over three hours spotlessly! I didn't even rinse the dish before putting it in and it had been left out overnight first! Glasses come out sparkling. I leave the door ajar as soon as the cycle has finished (per the instructions) and within about half and hour, everything is pretty much dry enough to pack away. Including plastic lunch box and takeaway containers!!! We don't do any dishes in the sink anymore. With the top shelf raised, all of our plates clear the water spinning arm.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$700.00.

Internal Layout

Does not take standard dinner plates

Great dishwasher. But you need to was dinner plates by hand. Be aware. Nothing you can do in terms of adjustment. Standard plates poor design. Bad choice. Dishwasher washes perfectly.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$1,400.00.

Lorna

LornaPerth, WA

Pretty great overall

Lots of room for dishes, even if full size dinner plates can cause some wash arm issues. Does a great job of cleaning, very quiet and our water bill has lowered significantly since we purchased. The option for half loads and quick loads is fantastic, though I strongly recommend not using the quick wash with heavily soiled dishes, as it isn't enough time to thoroughly clean. I've not found any real need to pre rinse, though I do generally scrape. Around 8 months of almost daily use and I've never had it clog or need more than a wipe down and filter clean. Overall extremely happy.

Purchased at The Good Guys Online store.

jawine

jawine

Makes life easy

I am very satisfied with the dishwasher and like Westinghouse products, i do rinse my dishes before putting them in. The dishwasher is very easy to keep clean, i usually just wipe over the door inside and out each wash.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for A$600.00.

Angie

AngieCanberra 2600, ACT

Leaking and condensation issue

Very unhappy - brand new dishwasher leaks at the bottom corner of the door and creates condensation in the our cutlery drawer cabinet; the Mayner & Cochran service technician wants to take it to their workshop for two weeks to test it - that’s unacceptable Electrolux.

Purchased in April 2019.

Malcolm1978

Malcolm1978Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Older model, but reliable

Recently purchased this on sale from Good Guys.

The unit washes dishes well, runs quietly and washes quickly. A few people have mentioned that it doesn’t fit full size dishes. There are handles on the top rack which makes it adjustable to fit larger size plates on the bottom. Also has a separate cutlery rack.

I got it on sale for $700 so it was a cheap unit without being cheap.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for A$702.00.

Karen Taylor

Karen TaylorMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awesome product

Cleans well, great price and very easy to install.
I would recommend this product to everyone.
Customer service was great and no question was to stupid.
Would buy again in this brand.
They deliver too.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$700.00.

Amanda

AmandaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Useless

Replaced our old dishwasher with this from the good guys after being told by salesman it was fantastic
Our plates (standard size dinner plates) dont fit in the bottom drawer without the rotor hitting them now own a $899 washer that is useless to our family

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for A$899.00.

Luke

LukeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lean Mean Cleaning Machine

This dishwasher is a machine, we often put plates in straight after meals, they can sometimes sit there for most of the day before the dishwasher is turned on. The dishwasher has a variety of cycles that range from a basic 30mins - a heavy 2hours 45mins which always leaves our dishes sparkling clean.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Entirley Dissatisfied

After having an Asko machine up until this purchase, I now understand how spoilt we have been. After 17 years from new the poor old thing still cleaned perfectly whilst falling down around itself. What a gem!
After reading all the reviews etc, decided on this model. BAD MISTAKE! Have persevered with this useless underperforming piece of crap.
The bottom drawer unless perfect will derail.
Despite trying every cycle and multiple brands of tabs-rinse aids, it does not clean as it should.
It will not dry as it claims.
Push start, and again and again. There we go!
Utter disappointment.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Lanz

LanzPeel, WA

This dishwasher is the best

I think this is the best dishwasher I am a big Electrolux/Westinghouse fan, all there goods are great quality, the top cutlery tray is a handy function you can use it or don't have to. the settings have a wide range depending on how dirty your dishes are, mine seem to dry perfectly everytime. big fan of this model Westinghouse

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Gra

GraWollongong

Not heating at the first time we use with this brand new machine

We bought this machine and it indicates F8 error at the first time we use, we checked the user book, shows F8 means not heating, all lights flashing, dishes were wet. Also, the top shelf for the cutlery is useless, forks are still oilly after washed. How disappointed about it. Now we are thinking about replacement or refund from the seller.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Simo

Simo

Excellent product

I have purchased this product on 30th June 2018 found this product to be a very reliable as I use it daily and have used all the cycles and modes.
I do rinse the dishes first as per every other dishwasher I have used, it is a very quiet unit and often I have to check to see if it is running.
I read many reviews of all of the products on the market and comments relating to high end brands relating to the door alignment a simple fix for less a dollar The build construction on this machine, large number of place settings, the water efficiency and number of cycles is the reason why I purchased the 6608 over the others out there.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Geoffrey Boxer

Geoffrey BoxerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Only used it once

Seems okay so far. I think the feature where just the top or bottom drawer can be used is good for small jobs. Talking about drawers why has my dishwasher got a large Sharp logo on the front of the drawer. Is the Westinghouse made by Sharp because, if so, it’s annoying as I am not too pleased with Sharp products.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Sarah v Shazza

Sarah v ShazzaWoodville, South Australia

It's a very basic dishwasher

Have been using our Westinghouse dish washer for a while now and have to admit at first it seemed on the cheap side with very little settings or extras in comparison to other brands we looked at but at the time this was on sale and all we could afford. We've had a few dirty dishes left after washing but again pride was good

Date PurchasedJun 2016