Westinghouse WVE615S

Westinghouse WVE615S

MPNs: 35903107 and WVE615SC

Wall Ovens Buying Guide

For many Australians, a wall oven is essential for home cooking. Built-in ovens aren't just functional, they can deliver a seamless kitchen aesthetic, too. Whether you’re choosing an oven for a new home, renovating your kitchen, or simply upgrading, this buying guide will help you choose the right wall oven for your space.

Read now

3.3

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed
Buzzy

BuzzyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Not good for cakes

The oven is really disappointing for an avid cake cooker such as me. Every cake I've cooked is dry. The temperature is fine, they look perfect but they're not soft and fluffy. I'm a great, experienced cook so it's not method or ingredients. Terribly disappointed. I've even tried putting a bowl of water in to add humidity but didn't help.
I have been contacted by the company who have been no help at all. I would never buy Westinghouse again.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bi-Rite Electrical Physical store for A$800.00.

Lindy Bunfield

Lindy BunfieldCentral, SA

Emits cooking odours

I’m so disappointed in our new oven.
Cooking a roast stinks the house out. Not to mention the lamb chops on the grill.
It needs a duct of some sort. Has any one else had this problem?

Purchased in January 2020 for A$799.00.

Product is used Weekly

Fan rattle issue

This is my first oven and I think it does a reasonable job cooking. However, as heaps of other reviews indicted, mine started making clanging noises a few month in as well. As I only use my oven once or twice a month and I just thought it was the heating element expanding. Stuck in ISO I have beeing using my oven more and it is getting worse and worse, so I decided to a bit to reading and realise it is a common issue. Mine is already out of warrenty and we are still in strick lockdown.... may have to try to bu handyman myself.

Purchased at The Good Guys for A$799.00.

Product is used Monthly

Lucy

LucyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great value for money

Great oven for the price! I wouldn’t choose it for our forever home but great for our current home where we only plan on staying for a couple of years. Love the easy glide tray! Would love if there was two!
Cooks well and heats up quickly.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$464.00.

Product is used Daily
drew76

drew76Perth, WA

Australian made workhorse. Very happy with it.

Mumsquad3

Mumsquad3South East Queensland, QLD

Good entry level oven

This oven is a good price for an entry level appliance. It is easy to use and has varying settings for your cooking needs. It’s not too noisy, distributes heat well and matches lots of kitchen decor.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for A$617.00.

I Hate this oven

This oven is now almost 4 years old. I messed up first time I used it and lined the bottom with foil to protect it. Big mistake. Foil melted on and nothing gets it off...nothing. It has not worked well ever. Stuff burns on the outside and is uncooked on the inside. Everything takes way longer than it should to cook. I dont know if it is because of the melted foil but I have had enough and will never buy this brand again. The warning not to put anything on the bottom is tiny and hidden in the hinge area at the bottom so if its wall mounted and you are short you cant see it. Should have a warning stuck to the inside of the door that you remove when you buy it. I would have at least been able to see that.

Purchased in October 2015.

raepat

raepatNortheast, VIC

Efficient and easy to use

I have had this oven in my brand new house for 3 months now. I love the easy-to-use cooking categories that help me to decide on the best mode. It can also be used simply by selecting a temperature as well.

Ann Z

Ann Z

Good oven for the standard baker

Purchased in February 2018.

Kate R

Kate RBrisbane

Good solid oven. Nothing fancy. Just how I like it.

When we renovated our kitchen I wanted something built in with an in-oven grill. Nothing fancy because, to be honest, I’m a terrible cook. BUT I do love three main features - the oven turns itself off when the timer finishes, the keep warm option and it’s easy to clean - all essential for people who have a lot going on at home! Plus it looks good!

If you ask my husband though, he’d say he loves that the oven is a good size, the in-oven grill for crisping up our pork crackle, cooks evenly and easy to use functionality. All thumbs up from this household.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
talbess

talbess

Excellent general purpose oven

My partner was looking for an oven that heated evenly but didn't have all the fancy electronic features that she will never use. The salesman at Betta Electrical Moorabbin recommended this oven over the fancy and expensive Euro brands. Oven was easy to install and it performs magnificently. Scones come out with every one evenly cooked. The thermostat is accurate, the window is large and the light is bright. Does everything an oven should with no downsides at all. Recommended.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Kylieb

KyliebCairns

Great easy to use oven

This is an easy to use fan forced oven, heats well, looks good, I have not had any issues with it at all. I have always found Westinghouse to be a reliable brand and when it comes time to upgrade this oven I would buy another from the Westinghouse range.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Brian Atkins

Brian AtkinsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great oven

Fantastic oven cooks evenly, heats quickly, seals perfectly .
No leaks just the cooling fan exhausts through the gap between the control panel and top of door so some may thinks it doesn't seal.
Can be wired to 15 amp or get a 15 amp plug fitted. Very good oven, beats any euro or other cheapie oven

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Kay

Kay

Basic and easy to use

Had this product installed earlier 2018. Haven’t had an issue at all. Preheats quickly and cooks evenly. I don’t like that I can’t change the clock from 24 hr time to 12 hr time. I like that the oven switches off once the timer is finished as I can often be busy with kids.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Sara

SaraSouth Ballina

Very nice range at a good price

The range is clean, unobtrusive and intuitive (I haven't had to crack the manual open yet). Having the knobs and display panel on the front of the range is new for me and I love it. I keep burning everything because I am so used to having an old ill-performing range. Now, food actually cooks in the time stated in my recipes. Excellent value.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

shannz9

shannz9

awesome oven love this

This oven cooks every think perfectly. Cakes come out perfectly soft and moist pizzas crispy the fingerprint less stainless steel is amazing I never have to clean the outside of it. the touch screen display an timer is extremely easy to use I would be lost without this oven and cooktop

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Lin

LinAdelaide

Panel Gets extremely HOT

Haven't used it yet I am bit apprehensive to. When we heated oven up as per manual for first time, oven cooled down, door cooled but panel above is Extremely Hot. Is this normal? Should I report it and to who? I consider this to be very dangerous. I actually went for an oven with a door which does not get hot, didn't think to ask about panel above door!!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Yolandeena

YolandeenaVictoria

Just updated my oven to a Westinghouse and it's a excellent oven. It's brightly lit and has a large capacity. It heats up beautifully and meals are delicious, cooks evenly. Very impressed with the purchase at a great price too. Would highly recommend this lovely Aussie made product over the expensive European brands any day.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Anthony

AnthonyCanberra

Broke within months

Purchased in March 2018. The fan broke in July. So it only worked for a few months, and it was only used a dozen times or less in that period.

Tried contacted customer service via email and no response. Tried calling and you just stay on hold forever being told that all the customer support reps are busy. This has to be some breach of consumer law - not being able to contact Electrolux/Westinghouse to get this fixed.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

We love our new oven

We recently purchased this oven after being talked into it by the salesman (we were going to buy the Bosch). We are now so glad we did, the Westinghouse oven has been perfect so far. It roasts evenly, heats up quickly & is very quiet compared to our old oven (Andy brand).
We would highly recommend !!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
See all Westinghouse WVE615S / WVE615W reviews

Matthew A C.

Matthew A C.asked

WVE615S

Does model oven WVE615S HAVE A COOLING FAN. ?

Guy Bergin

Guy Berginasked

WVE615S

Our Westinghouse 668 oven was put on to cook a pizza at 200 degrees but got a lot hotter than than and filled the kitchen with smoke and 'hot' smell - any ideas?

Stephen

Open the windows and let the air out, how did you know it got hotter than 200 degrees ????

Louise E.
Louise E.

If it's anything like my oven - if it's on 'pizza" function, then the oven uses the bottom element and burns off the cooking grease/spills on the floor of the oven that accumulate during "fan" function (which doesn't use the bottom element).

John F.

John F.asked

WVE615S

I’ve got a westing house fanforced oven the fan blades hit the element intermittently approximately six months later I didn’t do anything about it as sometimes it went for long periods without any problems then after two and a half years it suddenly stopped working the fan jammed against the element .We had it repaired and were told it was a factory fault Westinghouse replaced the parts but I had to pay for the repairs.Seeing it was a factory fault I feel Westinghouse should have paid the lot.What do you think?

Stephen

Of course I was informed by the repairer it was a known fault and the new fan he put in was a newer part, he also replaced the element around the fan.....

I was in warranty period though for my model oven...... All you can do is email customer care at westinghouse with the model and date of repairs etc and sort of beg that they do something about it.

Thats what I did and had some luck i guess

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives