Westpac Altitude Platinum

Westpac Altitude Platinum

An OK card

Still waiting for the 60000 Qantas bonus points. They charge $50 extra for earning Qantas points though. Reduced first year annual fee. Earning rate is lower than other cards only 0.5 point per dollar. Foreign transaction fees and exchange rates not good.

Card Start DateApril 2019
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Overseas/Travel

60000 bonus points !!

Got 60000 bonus Qantas points after spending few thousand dollars in first few months.

Pros
1) Bonus Qantas points
2) Qantas Reward points
3) Ease of managing the payments
4) Low annual fees
5) Complimentary insurance

Cons
1) Foreign transaction fees and below average exchange rates.

Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

Good if there's bonus sign on offer

An ok platinum credit card just like any other ones. Signed up for this because of the bonus offer and first year annual fee waived.

The FF earn rate is normal, other insurances offered are also more or less the same with sub par cards. One good thing about this card would be Westpac credit card offers (similar to amex spend X amount get X credit back). Though you don't it too often.

Card Start DateMay 2019
Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping

Quick applying. Difficult to set up Autopay.

Quick application process, but had to go to a branch to set up Autopay from another bank.
Not as many discount offers as Amex, and I never found any offers useful for myself.

Card Start DateMay 2019
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

Is linked to account and debit card which has been can been useful. Interest rate is a bit high.

I have used overseas the card and was able to withdraw at most ATMs. Has had unauthorised use and bank did refund money. The conversion rate back to $Au dollars was fair.

Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping and Special Purchases

Greatest Card Ever - Decent Rewards

Have had this card for many years and have never had any issues. I received the card when I took out my first mortgage and have never paid any fees since. I average $1,500 - $2,000 / month on purchases both in Australia and Overseas and never have had any issues nor surprises. The card just works.......

Application Process

I love the rewards i reap with the points i earn!

I use my Westpac Mastercard for literally everything. All of my bills are set up to be debited and I pay all of my day to day expenses with my card. I always ensure that my card is paid off by the due date to avoid any interest being charged and the fees are minimal. I am constantly earning enough points for a $50 Woolworths voucher to put towards my grocery bill. There are loads of other options too, but this works well for me.

Large fees decent rewards

Fees are large and interest rate is huge. Rewards have been good. Used card overseas with no issues. Would love to change to lower interest rate card soon. This was prefect for my business when I first got it.

Decent credit card

I am fairly satisfied with the rewards on the credit card. The annual fee in my opinion is a little high but the insurance options and the ease of point accumulation seems to outweigh that fact. I personally have not used the card overseas but my mate has and said there was no issues at all. I would recommend this card for just the insurance options alone.

Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

You get what you pay for...

Recently got scammed by a fake site selling footwear. So bought 2 pairs for my husband thinking this sounds too good to be true... and it was, haha. After i realised something didn't seem right with the transaction, i contacted westpac altitude and after some investigation and sending details they fully repaid the amount i lost. So heavy fees come with good customer protection.

Card Start DateMarch 2000

Westpac credit cards

We do use it overseas but we stack it up with our own money so we're not slugged with huge fees but when rules change so do cashing in for flights etc.....
It used to be a great card at Westpac but it doesn't live up to the annual fees we pay

Card Start DateJune 2002
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

Stay far far away from this product!!!

Final came to a point were I wanted to redeem some of my points. Now been over two weeks of waiting, customer support cant help at all and don't know what they doing, they cancel some cards and credit the points back to your account without notifying you. Support staff rude and unhelpful. Will definetly be moving to another Bank and product. Shocking shocking service. Now been told the cards will be dispatched after 10 weeks!!!!

Card Start DateFebruary 2014

Good sign up bonus

I signed up because there was a 60,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer if you met the required spend which I did. I did that and the points were delivered to my Qantas account within two weeks. Apart from that, it's just another credit card. I do like their feature where you can make a purchase and lock in a payment plan over defined period at a reduced interest rate.

Card Start DateJune 2018

Not worth it at all.

At first, I thought that this card would be amazing as it came with complimentary travel insurance. However, I learnt a good lesson: Make sure you check what sort of insurance company the credit card uses. We had experienced a few strands of drama while we were overseas, and we were relying on this complimentary travel insurance. When we tried to claim for the expenses that incurred because of a cancelled flight, QBE insurance was not helpful at all. I started my claim over 8 months ago, and still had no luck with getting anywhere, and they are so rude and frustrating to deal with. I know that this has nothing to with Westpac itself, however, it does matter because this is their chosen insurance company. If the complimentary travel insurance is useless, there is no value in having this card.

Westpac Qantas Altitude Points 80,000 hasn't come through

Guys, Westpac got pathetic service when it comes to what they offer and what you receive.I am waiting for my 80,000 qantas point for the last 4 months and nothing has come through so far. I applied for card because there was an offer if you spend $5000 in first three months you will receive 80,000 qantas point, and I have spent $5000 in first two month. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS WESTPAC ALTITUDE CARD. HORRIBLE SERVICE THEY PROVIDE. I called them 3 times but nothing has been happened so far.

Thanks,
Lucky
0402 662 619

Do not book travel through Westpac Altitude or their affiliate pinpoint travel

Unfortunately we made the mistake of booking a trip through Westpac Altitude. Our trip was cancelled after a Cyclone destroyed the Island we were going to & Altitude/ pinpoint have been extremely unhelpful. The accommodation venue readily refunded our money however Altitude have refused to do the same for flights and transfers. They have unhelpfully said they will give us a credit which comes with so many conditions for rebooking that we cannot seem to fulfil these and ever use this within the short time frame allowed. Ideally we would like to reuse it to travel to the island when it reopens however our 'credit' apparently cannot be extended the additional three months needed that would enable us to go there once the island is reopened. We have made repeated phone calls to try and resolve the situation, spent countless time on hold, and received inadequate customer service. Apparently it is very difficult to send us a confirmation of the 'credit' in writing so that we could try and recoup this money through our travel insurance - after several phone calls, more time on hold, and more useless customer service - this has been promised twice and still not delivered.
Pathetic response and I would never book through this service again.

One of the most expensive cards in Australia

When I started banking with Westpac, I signed up for this card (got both a visa and amex, linked together). It was convenient and the rewards program seemed good.

Wish I had paid attention.

This card carries one of the highest interest rates AND annual fees in Australia. And those rewards? I put $100,000 through my card in the first year and was able to get a whopping $400 in statement credits (that's 0.4% cash back).

Definitely shop around - nearly every other major bank card is a better deal.

Great Product from Westpac

Good product ! Good points with Amex and provisos to pay off within the 44 day period. it's a great so long as you can pay it off every month.
No prestige in having platinum, but unlike the normal red credit cards from Westpac you can confuse the colors when spending.
This card comes with a huge credit limit so you have to manage it wisely. If you use this card correctly it's great!

Time for a better deal

I always suspected that my points were buying less and less and that anything Altitude Rewards offered for point redemption was over-priced but it wasn't until I tried to change flights booked through Altitude Rewards that I discovered just how much they can gouge you. I booked return domestic flights for three family members, then, later that same morning my son found he had to delay the journey by three days. I contacted Altitude Rewards who, after talking to the airline, informed me the cost to change the booking would be $750. If I simply cancelled the flights I would lose all the points used (nearly 120,000) as well as the cash top-up I had to pay but I may get a credit with the airline for part of the value. Not impressed, I decided to contact the airline directly to ask about making the change. Well, instead of $750 the cost proved to be just $360, less than half of what Altitude Rewards were demanding.
This is the kind of deal you get paying $180 per year for the Altitude Platinum credit card! I think I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Not Worth It

Just got an offer in the post from Westpac. Give them back 28000 points and they'll credit $100 on my credit card. Given it cost me around $15000 to earn those 28000 points and they charged me $90 for the privelege of collecting those points I can only describe Altitude Rewards as a complete and utter rort.

am using westpac altitude platinum credit card complimentary travel insurance going to usa and columbia in july 2016 have read all the fine print i think and on reading smartraveller they suggest you get in writing confirmation that you are covered etc ring westpac get put through to the phillipines and no they will not give it to you in writing same line as long as you met the conditions in the policy you are automatically covered any thought ????
Wouldn't trust anything they say if they won't give it to you in writing. Go into a branch and ask there. If you still don't get a straight answer contact a Travel Insurance Specialist.I used to have a Westpac Gold Card and a "Gold Overseas Travel Insurance" policy came with it. The "conditions of use" booklet had a table of benefits and this certainly provided all the relevant details you need. I would expect you could pick up a copy of the "conditions of use" booklet from your nearest Westpac branch. It may be called a "product disclosure statement" these days but if Westpac says its offering free travel insurance with your card then printed details of that insurance should be readily available.

Altitude Platinum
Card TypeMastercard
Minimum Credit Limit$6,000
Additional Cardholders 1
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate20.24% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee2%
Late Payment Fee$15
Annual Fee$150
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Interest Free Period 45 days
Cash Advance Rate20.74% p.a.
Release dateMay 2007