Whirlpool 6th Sense Zen Direct Drive Front Loaders

FSCR12420 (10 kg), FSCR10420 (8.5 kg)
See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Whirlpool

Karen
KarenDarling Downs, QLD

Noisy and unreliable

I bought mine second hand in as new condition. But after four months it is dead. It was very noisy on spin and vibrated a lot. The features are great but not worth it when it won't spin heavy items. It's also insanely heavy. I threw it down my back steps because I couldn't manoeuvre it.

Purchased in March 2020 for $690.00.

Practical and useful Washer

Had a minor issue at the very beginning as a hose has come lose. However, after sales team attended to the matter as fast as they could and now its all good. First time user of a front load washer and love the features, convenience and build quality ( Italy)

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $950.00.

Karina SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t Touch It, Worst Machine Ever!

Purchased in August 2016 at The Good Guys for $1,500.00.

Hiep Nguyen
Hiep NguyenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good washing machine

Great to use and economical. This washing machine is good for for a wide range of clothes I am quite satisfied with the cycle times and the clothes is still clean even if you use quick wash function. The only thing is that it was a bit too noisy while it functions.

Purchased in January 2019.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Whirlpool 6th Sense Zen Direct Drive Front Loaders compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Arsh G
Arsh GPerth, WA

Good silent machine

This product has many options for different fabrics, colours, etc. The two features I like most are time delay (since I have a smart meter, I do the washing at off-peak hours) and the fast 30 wash cycle, that does the washing of relatively clean clothes in 30 mins!.
It's also incredibly quiet :)

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Why so difficult

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here but my Zen washing machine is not so zen. It keeps stopping during wash cycles for no apparent reason and is so noisy that i cant wash at night. This is the replacement machine as the first one was making weird noise and technicians agreed to have it replaced as it was faulty. I'm definitely having the techs come over again to have it swapped for a top loader.

Mel R
Mel RMelbourne

My First Whirlpool. Won't be my Last

I bought my machine last week and what an incredible change it's made to the cleanliness of my washing. My first wash was a load of whites which included an old tea towel that had difficult to remove stains. When it came out of the machine it was sparkling white. I was shocked and had to go and show my husband.

It's very simple to use and the machine recommends the cycle for you (which you can override if you want to). It is also super quiet compared to the Electrolux it replaced.

The salesman told me it was made in Europe (Italy from memory?) so the fact I could buy European made (and not Chinese) for the price was amazing value.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
kumar
kumarSouth East Queensland, QLD

ok so all the negatives first....
buttons are difficult to press
there is no sound to notify you that the washing has finished
and as for Zen I think not! it is the loudest machine I have ever had. the machine is balanced and I am not sure why it makes soooo much noise.

other than the above the machine washes well and features are pretty simple.

Horrible. Buy a Bosch

Brought this after my previous front loader burnt out the door lock. Got talked into this make and model by the sales person. What a mistake!
First unit water pump was broken on installation.
Second unit in less than two months now locks door and doesn't open when hour long cycle finishes. Only way to get clothes out is to manually turn it off at power and then turn it back on.
Water stays in rinse section of detergent drawer after wash cycle, so splashes all over you when you open drawer to reload.
Biggest Lemon in my house and next time will pay extra for a Bosch.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Front Loading Washing Machines

It washes the clothes! that's all it needs to do! It's quiet. i can delay start so I'm not washing at night when my solar isn't going. It's big so i only need to do one load of washing a day (unless i have sheets/ towels in which case it's a second load) which saves heaps of time! It didn't cost me an arm and a leg so I'm happy

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Manny P
Manny PCairns

Just what my family was looking for

Very quiet and efficient unit which uses much less water and power than our old 7.5kg front loader.

Easy to use interface, plenty of modes and customisation, clothes have never come out so fresh and clean.

Install was a breeze and new water hose is quality, highly recommend this washing machine.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Haley
HaleyIsligton

My Whirlpool washing machine has been going strong for 6 years now.
It still works perfectly fine, I haven't had to make a maintenance call and all of its features still work.
I purchased it second hand and i couldn't be happier.

It is a front loader and it is a base model. The only qualm i have the washing machine is that it doesn't allow you to pick how long you would like the wash to go for. You only have the option of 30 minutes, 1 hr and 2 hours.
A few more in between times would be great :)

It is quiet and easy to use.

Date PurchasedFeb 2012

Shar B
Shar BHobart

very happy with it

I replaced my old Whirlpool with this one because the last front loader lasted us over 11 years and we loved it. I haven't gone back to a top loader since the first one i purchased. This is super quiet and it is a 1.5kg larger barrel than the former one but it doesn't appear to be much bigger inside. Its quick and easy to use, and my only concern is that over time the electronic buttons may wear out more quickly than a manual type but only time will tell. I paid just over $920 for it with delivery. I particularly love the 30 min quick cycle and the fact that it can be stopped mid cycle if safe for you to add in that extra sock that you forgot!

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Kaz
Kaz

Purchased in February 2017.

Toni_Ravi
Toni_RaviGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great... so far!

I was hesitant with this purchase, however no regrets to date! The quality of clean is brilliant, it's quiet and it has some great features that I love (eg: keep fresh!). Maintenance is easy also... overall I this this a a great value for money purchase. Of course there is better, I have no doubt, but in this disposable age, the longevity of goods is not longer a consideration. I am happy with the purchase to date and the price I paid!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Samantha S.
Samantha S.asked
6th Sense Zen Direct Drive Front Load FSCR12420 (10 kg)

Where can i purchase a new locking mechanism for my machine. It turned off mid cycle and wouldn't turn back on, with clothes still in it. Googled how to open it in an emergency. Fixed machine but now it won't start because it thinks the door is still open. Locking mechanism is intact still so not sure what's going on. Nil warranty as I purchased second hand.

Anthony F.Whirlpool

Hi Samantha,
It would be a good idea to give Arisit Technical Support a call on 1300 762 219 to see if they can recommend a solution, or if they think a technician needs to come out to have a look.
Regards

Iain
Iainasked
6th Sense Zen Direct Drive Front Load FSCR10420 (8.5 kg)

Our FSCR10420 is a little over 3 years old and has started to leak water out of the soap dispenser down the outside of the door. The leak is starting to rust some of the other parts of the machine. How can we get this fixed?

Schae P.Whirlpool

Hi Iain,

Please contact our Warranties Team at arisit.warranties@arisit.com they can arrange for a Service Technician to come out and assess your washing machine.

Regards,

Karina S

Contact whirlpool directly & they will advise you of a repairer to look at it. At a cost of course

Priyaasked
6th Sense Zen Direct Drive Front Load FSCR12420 (10 kg)

What is the warranty. Retailer receipt says 2 years and to register via Whirlpool website for 5 years. Machine has a sticker saying 5 years. Sent the registration via whirlpoool website . No acknowledgement of registration provided

Anthony F.Whirlpool

Hi Priya,
The Whirlpool warranty is 2 years standard, with a bonus 3 years warranty if you register with Whirlpool - giving you a total of 5 years.
Regards

I did register. No acknowledgement of my registration for 5 years

See all Whirlpool 6th Sense Zen Direct Drive Front Loaders questions

Get an answer from our members and Whirlpool representatives

Compare both Whirlpool 6th Sense Zen Direct Drive Front Loaders
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $1,399.00$1,099.00
Capacity10 kg8.5 kg
Household Size 5+ people3-4 people
FeaturesDoor/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating4.5 star(s)4 star(s)
Water Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless SteelStainless Steel
Dimensions 850 x 595 x 700 mm850 x 595 x 640 mm
Motor TypeDirect Drive (Inverter)Direct Drive (Inverter)
Max Spin Speed 1,400 rpm1,400 rpm
Number of Spin Speeds1,4001,400
Number of Wash Cycles1010
Weight8.5 kg
Country of ManufactureItalyItaly
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishWhiteWhite