5Whirlpool 6th Sense Zen Direct Drive Front Loaders

Jay HashNew South Wales2 posts
Micky D.
Micky D.

Wont last more then 5 years before rusting out

After 4 years of use has started to rust and leak. The leak occurs after every wash and after cleaning boot seal, filter. I thought it would be worth the money spent.
UPDATE
Just after this initial review the whole machine gave up 5 months out of warranty. It was cheaper to buy a new machine so purchased a Bosch at half the price and couldn’t be happier. Show details
Mandyj
MandyjSouth East Queensland, QLD
  FSCR10420

Rate whirlpool when receive outcome to issue

This machine washes really well! But there is mould growth in the seal even though I leave the door open after I wash .

And 5 years on I have noticed it is starting to rust (first sign is the bubbling of the white coating which then starts to flake off!
A machine built to be exposed to water and detergents should be rustproof.
No reason why a machine would rust under the dials also ????
Let’s hope whirlpool step up with this one as I am reading this is happening to someone else ..
Regardless of warranty consumer affairs state there is a legality to a product is expected to last for a reasonable time .
I will get back on here once I see what whirlpool do with my request to compensate.!

GA Adelaide
GA AdelaideMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts
ebonflow
ebonflowNSW, 248942 posts
Karen
KarenDarling Downs, QLD61 posts

Noisy and unreliable

I bought mine second hand in as new condition. But after four months it is dead. It was very noisy on spin and vibrated a lot. The features are great but not worth it when it won't spin heavy items. It's also insanely heavy. I threw it down my back steps because I couldn't manoeuvre it. Show details
Priya
Priya4 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified FSCR12420

Practical and useful Washer

Had a minor issue at the very beginning as a hose has come lose. However, after sales team attended to the matter as fast as they could and now its all good. First time user of a front load washer and love the features, convenience and build quality ( Italy) Show details
Karina S
Karina SSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts
  Verified FSCR12420
Hiep Nguyen
Hiep NguyenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified FSCR12420

Good washing machine

Great to use and economical. This washing machine is good for for a wide range of clothes I am quite satisfied with the cycle times and the clothes is still clean even if you use quick wash function. The only thing is that it was a bit too noisy while it functions. Show details
Arsh G
Arsh GPerth, WA16 posts
  Verified FSCR10420

Good silent machine

This product has many options for different fabrics, colours, etc. The two features I like most are time delay (since I have a smart meter, I do the washing at off-peak hours) and the fast 30 wash cycle, that does the washing of relatively clean clothes in 30 mins!.

It's also incredibly quiet :)

Louise L
Louise L
  Verified FSCR12420

Why so difficult

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here but my Zen washing machine is not so zen. It keeps stopping during wash cycles for no apparent reason and is so noisy that i cant wash at night. This is the replacement machine as the first one was making weird noise and technicians agreed to have it replaced as it was faulty. I'm definitely having the techs come over again to have it swapped for a top loader.

Mel R
Mel RMelbourne

My First Whirlpool. Won't be my Last

I bought my machine last week and what an incredible change it's made to the cleanliness of my washing. My first wash was a load of whites which included an old tea towel that had difficult to remove stains. When it came out of the machine it was sparkling white. I was shocked and had to go and show my husband.

It's very simple to use and the machine recommends the cycle for you (which you can override if you want to). It is also super quiet compared to the Electrolux it replaced.

The salesman told me it was made in Europe (Italy from memory?) so the fact I could buy European made (and not Chinese) for the price was amazing value.

kumar
kumarSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

10kg Zen Washer

ok so all the negatives first....

buttons are difficult to press

there is no sound to notify you that the washing has finished

and as for Zen I think not! it is the loudest machine I have ever had. the machine is balanced and I am not sure why it makes soooo much noise.

other than the above the machine washes well and features are pretty simple.

Belinda
Belinda

Horrible. Buy a Bosch

Brought this after my previous front loader burnt out the door lock. Got talked into this make and model by the sales person. What a mistake!

First unit water pump was broken on installation.

Second unit in less than two months now locks door and doesn't open when hour long cycle finishes. Only way to get clothes out is to manually turn it off at power and then turn it back on.

Water stays in rinse section of detergent drawer after wash cycle, so splashes all over you when you open drawer to reload.

Biggest Lemon in my house and next time will pay extra for a Bosch.

Genevieve C
Genevieve CAU

No issues

It washes the clothes! that's all it needs to do! It's quiet. i can delay start so I'm not washing at night when my solar isn't going. It's big so i only need to do one load of washing a day (unless i have sheets/ towels in which case it's a second load) which saves heaps of time! It didn't cost me an arm and a leg so I'm happy

Gail Erwin
Gail Erwin · 6th Sense Zen Direct Drive Front Load FSCR12420 (10 kg)

How do you remove the packing - transit bolts from the Whirlpool FSCR12420 10kg Front Load Washing Machine

Amy M
Amy M · 6th Sense Zen Direct Drive Front Loaders

Hi, Just got my brand new machine installed yesterday, we let it sit for a few hours followed the start up instructions etc. i have done 2 loads of washing, the machine on its spin cycle shakes incredibly loud, it’s so violent I can here it outside. It’s done this both times on 2 different cycles. It is level and both loads have either been a large load or a medium to small load. It shakes that loud it actually hurts my ears to be in the laundry. What do I do ?

Whirlpool   DM

Hi Amy, Thanks for your question.

Can you please check if the transit bolts have been taken out? If they have been removed you will need to arrange a service call out through our Warranty Department on 1300 815 589.

Kind Regards,

Whirlpool Team

Samantha S.
Samantha S. · 6th Sense Zen Direct Drive Front Load FSCR12420 (10 kg)

Where can i purchase a new locking mechanism for my machine. It turned off mid cycle and wouldn't turn back on, with clothes still in it. Googled how to open it in an emergency. Fixed machine but now it won't start because it thinks the door is still open. Locking mechanism is intact still so not sure what's going on. Nil warranty as I purchased second hand.

Whirlpool   DM

Hi Samantha, It would be a good idea to give Arisit Technical Support a call on 1300 762 219 to see if they can recommend a solution, or if they think a technician needs to come out to have a look.
Regards

Compare all Whirlpool 6th Sense Zen Direct Drive Front Loaders listings
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $1,399$1,099$1,099
Capacity10 kg9 kg8.5 kg
Household Size 5+ people3-4 people3-4 people
FeaturesDoor/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4 star(s)
Water Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)4 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless Steel
Dimensions 850 x 595 x 700 mm850 x 595 x 640 mm850 x 595 x 640 mm
Motor TypeDirect Drive (Inverter)Direct Drive (Inverter)Direct Drive (Inverter)
Max Spin Speed 1,400 rpm1,400 rpm1,400 rpm
Number of Spin Speeds1,4001,4001,400
Number of Wash Cycles101010
Weight84 kg84 kg8.5 kg
Country of ManufactureItalyItalyItaly
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishWhiteWhiteWhite