Withings Steel HR

Withings Steel HR

MPNs: 36WHITERGBBLUE, 36WHITERGGREY, HWA0336BLACK and HWA0336WHITEN
See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Withings? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.1
  • Battery Life
Daniel B
Daniel BSydney Surrounds, NSW

No Support in Australia

Purchased in November 2020 for $300.00.

liana_peter
liana_peter

Terrible Sleep Tracking, Advertised Accessories Unavailable, steps inaccurate.

Terrible sleep tracking. It recorded that I was awake when I was still sleeping another 2hrs. Oura ring is far more advanced in this area. The site also advertises accessories that are not available; I bought the rose gold watch with the intention of getting the rose gold wrist band, but discovered later it’s not available for me to buy. Stuck now with a grey wrist band. The step tracking also isn’t accurate. Apparently I did 128 steps in my sleep.

Purchased in August 2021 for $499.00.

Craig59
Craig59Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Save your money!!

I had the same issue with my Steel HR where the hour hand doesn’t move. Followed all there instructions but still the same. Tried to fob me off to Amazon for repairs. Admittedly the watch is 18 months old and every other country is covered by a 2 year warranty with the exception of Australia where I am from. I am disappointed Withings don't back there product in Australia for more than 12 months. I would have thought I would have a watch last more than 18 months. I purchased last year a Withings scan watch as well but this experience has left a bad taste and I no longer feel confident about purchasing and further Withings watches as after sales support here in Australia is non existent!

Purchased in December 2019 at Amazon for $290.00.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Purchased in March 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $299.00.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Withings Steel HR compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Lyssa
LyssaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolute rubbish

Bought this after some good reviews - but it was a mistake. This watch is just absolute junk. Doesn't keep steps accurately, didn't even keep the correct time, could not synchronise the time via the app easily so very frustrating and annoying. Basically, a total waste of money and sanity. Dont believe the positive reviews - it is total rubbish.

Purchased in February 2019.

Jenny
JennyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love this watch

Looks good, step counter is within 100 steps to my android phone, heart monitor is excellent. Looks like a watch, only issue is disappointed in armband but that can be worked around, charges easy and quickly.

Purchased in November 2019 at Amazon for $300.00.

Good to begin with but down hill after that

I liked this watch when I first got it, but when I moved to an android phone it became unreliable. I sought support from Withing, who were utterly hopeless. After following their advice I could not connect the watch to the phone at all, yet despite this they kept insisting that the problems would be fixed with the next update. The fact that I couldn't connect to get the update seemed to escape them. As I said, good with the iPhone, all down hill after that.

Top 5 Smart Watch Brands for Women

Smart Watches are a convenient and stylish way for women to keep track of their health, socialise with friends and family, and stay organised amid the business of life. Now there are more smart watches designed for women than ever before.

Isabella G.
Isabella G.30 Nov 2020
top-5-smart-watch-brands-for-women
Tanya
TanyaPerth, WA

Disappointing!

Great looking watch but was so disappointed with the inaccurate step counting. The only way to get an accurate step count is to march or run like a soldier, arms swinging wildly with every step. Might workl for running but not a normal walk or day to day use.

Burkstrum
BurkstrumCaloundra

Good For A Hybrid Watch

I like the simplicity. It shows me a scrolling preview of text messages, emails and alerts me to phone calls. I can then decide if I need to take my phone out of my pocket. This is what I wanted it for. I was disappointed with the silicone watch band and have developed a skin reaction. I have had to purchase a stainless steel replacement. This is unfortunate as I seem to have an allergy, but the watch does what I want and has the added bonus of alerting me of my heart rate and how badly I actually sleep. All in all , I like this watch. And at least the watch strap has been made so that it's easy to remove and change.

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $224.00.

C34
C34melbourne

Inaccurate reading of steps.

The watch does not record steps.-

- I noticed that the steps i had done while moving around my house at night was not recorded.(everyday)
- I is not a step counter as advertised.

Purchased in January 2020 for $200.00.

AuditQueen
AuditQueenSydney, NSW

This is an inferior product

It doesn't count steps on a treadmill (really?) Some technical issue evidently, so it doesn't do what the product claims to do - count steps. Regardless of this Withings refused to refund my purchase price, which I see as a breach of the Australian Consumer Law.
The accuracy of the step count is way off. I have compared it to my daughter's Fitbit and there was a discrepancy of around 2000 steps, with the Fitbit recording the higher reading
It takes anywhere between 90 sec to 5 minutes to connect the watch to the app (if it does actually connect); frustrating to say the least.
I have since purchased a pedometer and use this as a watch only. That's about all it is good for.
Withings have not been at all helpful in this matter.

Purchased in February 2018.

Inaccurate step data tarnishes otherwise great product

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Marion18
Marion18Brisbane

Disappointing, Poor controls

The watch looks great but doesn't keep the correct time zone so Alarms go off at wrong time. Watch band ugly and irrating especially if you have allergies to rubber, even though they say it's silicon. Operates with APP and scales but only transfers steps and sleep. All other options such as recording weight are manual entry. Very poor for its price.

Worst of all, No support from Withings in Australia.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Kat C
Kat CSydney

Great Hybrid smart watch! The best that caters for both worlds

I’ve been looking for a stylish activity tracker/smart watch. This ticks all the boxes - stylish, long battery life (25 days!!), waterproof, step counting, distance travelled, heart beat as well as receiving notifications from your phone.

The watch doesnt have the ability to receive notifications beyond texts (it shows the first sentence or two), calls, calendar and emails. I kind of like not being pinged every second of the day so this works well for me.

The watch would get 5 stars from me if it had gps.