Woolworths
2.2 from 2,225 reviews

See the Best Supermarkets in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

SUGAR CITY!!!!!

Why does Woolworth's fruit and nut selection come loaded with extra sugar? It's unnecessary, they DO NOT NEED IT!!! Same with their soups and frozen meals. Everything is loaded with Sugar!! We need a class action lawsuit from a group of people with diabetes. It is such a disgusting greedy practice by a company that know sugar is super-addictive. Stop it!!!!!

Store Locationbeerwah

Steadily deteriorating delivery service

We have been using home delivery service weekly, virtually since Woolworths started it.
Now the deliveries are only arriving in the chosen time slot maybe once in five weeks.
Last night we had chosen 7-9pm and their App eventually showed 10-11pm delivery time,
This is ridiculous!
Woolies - we have to go to work the next day. We cannot sit and wait up for you.
We have complained but nothing changes and it just gets worse
Now it's Good-bye

Customer service terrible and staff to be “disciplined” if they honour a previous sale.

Went into Boronia Junction Woolworths on a Wednesday at 8am to buy baby bottle teats. When I arrived the Sale price from the day before had increased from $6 to $10.
I asked two staff members if they could honour the price from the day before to which the response was “I cannot as it will scan through as $10” I replied with “can you manually change the price?” Which they replied with “ if we do it will ask for an excuse and the excuse would be bogus”.
Umm how about the fact the not even 8 hours previous they were more than happy to honour their Sale price but because of the day it was no longer available.
I proceeded to contact customer service who were patronising and avoided answering any questions I have and were 100% completely unhelpful. I was told “I should have asked for a manager” well guess what I don’t have time to sit in store waiting to have an argument with a manager.
Disgusted, disgusting and appalled.

Store LocationBoronia Junction

Woolworths Beef Lasagne

Bought the 800g Beef Lasagne, must say it was the most boring, tasteless lasagne ever, to say there is beef (28%) included is a joke, it was a totally soggy mess when I took it out of the container.

Store LocationBeaudesert

Disappointed

I am a woollies shareholder and to be honest I am sick of paying high prices for low quality meat products. Since my children left home I have been buying more expensive cuts of meat expecting them to be higher quality and tender. Well guess what? They are tough as nails! Indecently broke my tooth on a thick cut porterhouse steak which was expensive and incredibly tough! Not the first time! Seriously thinking of cashing in on my shares. Substandard quality Woollies! You need to do better!

Store LocationAndergrove

Still waiting on my refund 2 weeks later!

I had a cancelled order and was advised it would take 10 business to receive a refund, well 10 days have past and Woolies have only just sent the request to my bank which they then tell me to allow a further 3-5 days for the bank to process! Utterly ridiculously slow!!!

Woolies has increased the salt amounts in their fresh 300gm and 1kg soups.

So disappointed at increased salt content. I’ve been buying Woolies fresh 300gm and 1kg soups for some years and recommending them to friends and family. Bought 4 for $10 recently and had to throw all of them out after having a few spoonfuls. Far too salty. Was a great product :(

Store LocationBrighton

Hurt my back in store. No response from Woolworths.

A few months back I slipped over in one of the Woolworths stores on something ultra slippery and went over. This just happened to be in front of some of their front counter staff too. They rang me once the next day just before I was to have my 2nd doctors appt and then rang them back (as they requested) saying I had internal bruising. I never got a response. My back still is in pain and has made me less mobile and due to this I have put on weight.

Store LocationRedbank Plains, QLD

Minimum viable product/ service

Been using online shopping for a while now and as this service continues to have exactly the same hiccups I thought I let Woolworths (W) know via a feedback form. Well W came back with an auto email requesting every bit of irrelevent information - obviously an email structured for a complaint and not a feedback so decided to warn/ inform the public via this platform.
Online shopping is great and some stores are really good at this, but others may:
1. Erroneously ask you to sign for the receipt of the goods prior to sighting them! (I had items missing from the orders!)
2. Use online shoppers as an opportunity to rid of wilted/ spoiled greens, expiring meat.

For home delivery of your shopping, in product description you maybe asked to specify particulars about the product, e.g. no dented/ damaged cans, used by particular date, etc. - if the shopping is delivered to you than it is packed at a warehouse and not a in a local store, and this is generally ignored by packing staff. Yes, you may not accept damaged goods or call them and get a refund but then whats the point if you have to spend time going back to the shop to get the right product.

Classic example of "Bait-and-Switch" Product Placement

30 can cases of CocaCola are stacked on top of the WRONG PRICE tag to appear cheap.
They are stacked where the 24 can cases of CocaCola should be.
The shelf price tags for the 24 can cases of CocaCola are located below and directly in front of the 30 can cases of CocaCola.
When you ask staff to fix it up, they run away ignoring this issue or breeze by - too busy to care.
Two Woolworths stores deceive their customers exactly the same way in South Australia (Gilles Plains and Hilton)
No way could two stores be accidentally stacking shelves the wrong way to benefit themselves.
Woolworths Reviews on the website productreview.com.au shows they are getting a lot of bad reviews.

Conclusion -
Retail might be under a lot of pressure at the moment to increase volumes and to perform no matter what the tactics.
The staff are obviously instructed to deliberately place the higher value cases of CocaCola cans directly above the lower price tag on the shelf. (They might also be doing this with other product lines as well)
To carry the right money as cash and write down the price of everything you buy (5 items/lines max) is a given. Maybe tear off the labels which are in the wrong place to save other customers from being deceived and to allow the Woolys surveillance/camera people identifying any breakage/leakage problem to their staff currently being overlooked or ignored.
NO reward will be accepted by myself for this review, including the "write five reviews get a $20 Coles gift card". No thanks.

Store LocationGilles Plains and Hilton

Mor like HALF OIL cheese rings

The taste wasn’t bad, the fact I had to spit out about half a teaspoon of oil with every ring was disgusting. I have NEVER written a product review before, but this was THAT bad. I felt like I could have gone into cardiac arrest eating these.

Meatballs are dog balls

Canon Foods / Savoury Meatball Smell and taste like actual dry dog kibble I was worried I was actually eating dog food I had to check the recipe twice. It smelt and taste like it. I could not eat the rest of them but my dog love them. the rest of the family did not.
PS: I know what dog food taste like and smells like. We were all kids at one stage.
For heaven’s sake take them off the shelf I did not appreciate the flashback.

Store LocationConder Woolworths

products never available

Go through my whole online shop and as usual the products are not available. Last 4 times I have had to shop online with Coles even though my preference is to shop online with Woolworths to earn Qantas points .

Poor quality woolworth product

Frozen Fresh Blueberries
Produced in Chile
Were tough skinned, small and lacked blueberry flavour.
I thawed some naturally and some in the microwave... didn't alter the outcome.
Ruined my dessert as the skin had to be spat out.
Extremely disappointed.

Beef bourguignon

Really disappointed full of fat, & watery.was looking forward to relaxing sitting in front of open fire with a glass of red, so disappointed. Very little flavor & every mouthful full of fat .

Store LocationSouthport

Chook Horror

I bought a Mt Barker Fresh and Tasty Free Range chicken wing tips today to make a chicken soup. The expiry day is 7 days away. The soup turned out to be the worst ever: no smell of chicken, no taste of chicken! I would like what it is done to the chicken that it has lost all the taste. I scooped out the wing to give to my friend, he tried a tiny piece and refused to eat.

Store LocationKirkpatrick Drive Greenfields Western Australia (Mandurah area)

Great site easy to access

Woolworths definitely has everything you need, never have an issue finding things on their website. When in store always get the help that you need and the fresh food food.

Poor Service & no minimum respect for Customers

Around 2.25 pm @ Woolworths, woolloomoolloo I waited in queue over 15 minutes. 2 gals working on cafe but didn't bother to acknowledge or neither ask me what I need. Walked off, bought a bottle of water & chicken chips so I can pay on self service.

Store LocationWoolloomoolloo

Rotten onions!

Shame on you Woolworths Rye, fresh food people.....ha! Rotten onions bought yesterday 22nd June 2019 from your Rye store. Not the first time either, old vegetables and out of date cheeses! Really for one of the busiest (and biggest earners in Victoria), this is just not good enough. Not only do you put up prices for the holiday periods, Christmas, Easter and school holidays, but you dont look after your regular local customers! Shame on you!

Store LocationRye 3941

Love this store!

Today I went to woolworths for my weekly shop. They had everything i was looking for! There were lots of sales on and mostly everything i purchased was on sale or had a price drop! Would recommend woolworths!

Store LocationArden Street