Woolworths

Annette

AnnetteGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Woolworths milk

For the past several weeks I have found that removing the sealing material under the cap impossible to peel back as it is supposed to do
I have resorted to a knife
Amazing Woolworths has sneakily put up the price of milk but made it hard to pour
I don’t know how anyone with arthritis manages with these peel back seals which used to be much more user friendly

Diced italian tomatoes

That is so disgusting to say that Woolworths sell such a product with mould inside, this is a cheating to customer’s health and money.

Akriti
Akriti

I suggest all the customer to be aware from buying such a product.

Human B.

Human B.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

welcome to woolworths

What I don't understand is the blatant disregard to personal privacy. However, I do understand that buying bulk means saving and that has been dissapearing lately especially with cadbury chocolates. Other things i don't like are no sandals to buy no carob beverage, trolleys all over town than the store, listening to racism of customers and slander by employees. When the COVID19 restrictions reached critical people were blocking isles with mobile phone conversations nobody did a thing about it and at opening and closing times masks weren't worn and nobody stopped that too.

Service is rubbish

Last three online orders I received, had missing items and or other persons orders mixed in with mine the last one on 28 April 2021.
Two weeks ago ordered 5 loaves of bread 1 for immediate use 4 for the freezer.The clowns sent 9 yes 9 loaves of bread.

Reoccurring incorrect items

Dissonance

DissonancePerth

User-friendly site and direct-to-boot is great!

Tracey

TraceyNorth Queensland, QLD

2 and a half hours late then cancelled on me

Waited around 2 and a half hours after the delivery time frame then they sent me a text message saying they won’t be delivering my order and for me to call them to organise another day and now I’m on hold on the phone. Disgusting. If the driver is behind on time then that’s not my fault that’s their fault. Work until your job is done!! And how is it my responsibility to call them where’s my phone call about it!! I have to chase them up they should call me!! So me and my kids waited around for dinner and it never showed up and now I haven’t been able to make their lunch boxes ready for school tomorrow!!

Ayush

AyushSydney, NSW

Wheres my delivery?

Around $250 worth of grocery ordered online. Paid $15 extra for one time same day delivery. Ordered online at around 11am. Delivery was between 4pm to 5pm. I never received the delivery. Lmao. Seriously, is this a joke? Tried calling customer support. Been on hold twice for 40 mins. Nobody picks up the call. On my online account order page, it says the your personal online shopper has started preparing my order like 7 hours ago. -.-

Margaret_Barrett

Margaret_BarrettAU

Not good enough

Have tried to order online and there is never any space available always closed, I have decided to give it a miss. I order at least $300.00 worth and we only get 2 deliveries a week which is not enough for Coochiemudlo Island. Not a good service need to up your game WOOLWORTHS going back to Coles and IGA

Worst service

Smashed/substituted items despite no . Woolies blamed me. Wouldn't resend items only refund. Does not help AS NO CAR!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

Jack S.

Jack S.Sydney, NSW

5 hours late & 45min on hold

5 hours late, delivery window booked between 4pm and 7pm, they changed it to 12.35am and 1.35am.... called customer service at 9.50pm and waited 47 mins on hold, just so i could change to next night..... not the first time. Terrible service

Ivan S.

Ivan S.

Olsent Led Globes last less than 6 months.

LED globes last up to 10 years. The Olsent Led Globes that I bought at Woolworths last for around 6 months. I bought a dozen of them from Woolworths around 9 months to 6 months ago.
At six months they all begin to flicker a bit and at 7 months are unusable.
I recommend sticking with name brands for LED lights with a guarantee of 3 to 5 years and/or reading reviews before buying LED globes as, perceiving Woolworths seemingly inexpensive items as reasonable quality, actually ends up costing a lot more over around 6 to 18 months of use. If you’re lucky.

Gore17

Gore17South East Queensland, QLD

Why so bad?

5 hours late, and I believe they've mixed up my order with anothers. It's the only way I can imagine that half my order has been replaced with these random items I didn't order could happen.

Bianca

BiancaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

experience

Lovely service and excellent staff, always very friendly and helpful whenever we visited the store. Even my little boy enjoys shopping there with me.

Dee

DeeBlacktown

Home delivery failure

I organised home delivery. Was given an estimated deliver of 5:59 to 6 pm at 8:15 tried to contact for assistance nope answering the customer care. Rang the store. Got Hu g up on rang again was told to come pick up my groceries. Anyway after extremely bad communication and 8:30 at night I have to drive to pick up my grace ties . The call customer services 30 min plus wait to be told we will refund your delivery charge and give you $ 10 . Still no apology or acknowledgment of there error and the feel generous for giving me back the delivery charge. So unhappy with the service and the extremely poor communication of staff who don’t give a hoot. Do not order online

Maude

Maude

Product review

Spent $35 on a leg of lamb at Northbridge store and also $30 on fresh Australian prawns! The lamb was old and tasted like mutton and very tough! The prawns were absolutely tasteless and chewy! Threw both out in the bin! Called the store many times and they said they would get someone to call back! Still waiting for the call! Will not be shopping there again! No customer service and they really don’t care about customer resolution!

Bubbas

BubbasPerth, WA

Don't order online!

Ordered online with an expected delivery time of 12-1pm. At 2pm hasn't received it however was told the driver was at the store collecting it. 4:08pm it still hadn't arrived.

Partner had surgery today so I selected this specific time frame to work around my partners surgery today.

Customer services to be frank, didn't give two hoots. It's interesting as particular delivery time windows incur particular delivery fees. What utter crap.

So unreliable

Very frustrating service. Often orders aren’t delivered or really late. My order tonight is 3 hours late and I’m still trying to follow it up. No explanation. Very, very frustrating service

Bailey F.

Bailey F.South East Queensland, QLD

The definition of incompetent. Do NOT order Online.

Would give zero stars if I could

I placed an order for the first time through Woolworths online delivery as I was incredibly sick and couldn’t leave the house. I placed the order at 5:11pm and it said ETA 6:50pm at the latest. At 7:30pm, it still was showing that it hadn’t even left the Woolworths store (which is at least a 20 minute drive from my house). I rang the online Woolworths number and after being on hold for 12 minutes, was told they were having trouble finding a driver to pick up the groceries. I cancelled my order and got a refund, and I will never place an order through them again.

Sal Breretonasked

Online store

If I get a substituted item - after stating I don't want a substituted item - can I get a refund?

Sal Brereton

It seems unreasonable to force unwanted products onto someone who has asked not to receive the item. Surely if the shop cannot supply item, a refund is more normal.

Sal Brereton

is it even legal under ACCC?

i will.

thegeoboyzasked

Physical store

Hi Woolworths, why is your Southport Park store targeting young people for bag checks? I have had to ring this store twice this week as my 16yo son has been on the receiving end of some quite overt and abrasive treatment from two different floor staff, on two separate occasions after he declined to have his bag checked. On the first occasion, I spoke with a manager named Matt, who was very reasonable and agreed that once an individual has declined to show their bag, that is the end of it. Thank you Matt. My son has again been berated today by a Woolworths staff member after he declined to show his bag, of which he took a voice recording. When I rang the store to speak with the manager (not Matt) I was told that there was a "group" of boys "loitering". I was told my son had a backpack on with a "full" shopping bag. Let me clear this up, there were three boys one of which was sitting on a seat outside the store. My son did not have a backpack on, he was holding a Coles shopping bag that contained two Power Aids and a packet of chewing gum, hardly what I would call "full". Why was this scenario created? Was the situation more justifiable if the children were painted in a less desirable light or if the situation seemed suspicious in some way. I was advised by this second manager that as long as my son complies and shows his bag there wont be a problem in the future. So here is the problem I have with that, say my son did not take his receipt from his Coles purchase, either because he forgot to or he was being environmentally friendly. He opens the bag for a Woolworths staff member who glances it over, the staff member asks for his receipt, he says he doesn't have it, what has been achieved here? Nothing. Why are some of the Woolworths Southport Park staff being so forceful with their bag checking requests when it comes to certain demographics. I am concerned that there is a pattern happening here where young people are being targeted and subjected to more scrutiny than perhaps someone my own age would be. I feel confident that if I were asked to show my bag at Southport Park Woolworths and I politely declined, as my son did, that I would not be publicly chastised by an overly officious Woolworths staff member. So what is the difference?

Reviewer R.

I noticed you said the same in your review. Good for you.
Firstly, this is a review site not Woolies.
Second, when you read the question panel you noticed that it will only be seen by consumers not Woolies.
Third, statistically police records show teenagers dominate the million dollar shoplifting business.
It is interesting that some shops state bag checks are a condition of entry. Only thieves have something to hide. Last year a customer was permanently banned from Woolies and rightly so. More stores should do this.
Thanks for letting others know the troubles society is having.

thegeoboyz

Reviewer R. thanks for bringing the misplacement of my review to my attention. Good for you.
Firstly, I know exactly what this site is, I also posted on various other sites, the main objective was exposure.
Secondly, I also sent my review directly to the Woolworths store in question and the Woolworths head office.
Thirdly, where exactly might I find these police records in which you speak of?? Or have you taken your information directly from Wikipedia?
Interesting that as a middle-aged, well-dressed white woman, I hardly ever get asked to have my handbag checked and certainly not from Woolworths. Do your statistics also tell you that middle-aged, well-dressed, white, working mums don't shoplift? We demand respect from young people however we quite often don't give it in return. I hope I have let others know of the troubles society is having. As I said, I rarely get asked to show my handbag but when I do, I say "no" because I have a right to do so. I have nothing to hide. Just feel like it is my duty to stick the middle finger to big company's when they feel they can put the heavy on me and demand to see what treasures are lurking in the depths of my handbag and it appears I am raising like-minded children.

Dawn Miell