Woolworths
2.2 from 2,131 reviews

Worse than nothing

Time after time, every delivery has items missing. Including heavy stuff like 24 packs of water, I'm disabled and can't get many things in person. It is a disgrace the way they conduct business and treat customers. Never buying from them online or in person again.

Bad customer service.

I went to Woolworth at Redbank Plain Town square at 1:40pm. Me and the another lady was lining up into the Self Service area and I walked in first but then I've notice the last 3 Self Service registers have a closed sign on it so I walk back to the line but your employee offer the other person that she can open the register for her and she completely ignore me. She didn't ask me if I want to use card or cash or open the self service register for me or anything and she didn't even look at me. I only go to the one at Redbank Townsquare Woolworths once in a while and nearly every time I went there, I'll will get disappointment from your staff. I went up to the counter and talk to a woman and all she said to me was maybe she didn't see you, maybe she though you want to pay by cash etc but then I've told her that her staff didn't even ask me any question and just simply ignore me. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE is all I can say to this Woolworth.

Teribble staff

[Name Removed] was very, very rude and snapped at one of my children told her off for helping pack the groceries away.Staff are suppose to be friendly this happened at stocklands Townsville

Woolworths Adelaide

I ordered Spaghetti so I get baked beans. Leaking milk throughout the bags and packed in with the paper goods, lovely and soggy, milk all over my floor, not once but 3 times. Dented leaking cans and again all over my other items but get a refund for the two cans not the bag full of ruined items. Squashed bananas from being packed in with mineral water bottles. Missing items, no invoice provided. I could go on all day. At least 7 times I have been told they will give feedback to the online store, well that seems to have worked well as my order today (spaghetti) was a failure yet again. No customer service because they don't care!

Forcing my buying choice

I started to notice when Duracell was removed, now my chosen cereals (Uncle Toby's) has also been removed. The sign tell us that cereals will be returned to the shelf but doesn't say that Uncle Toby's will be returned. There are a lot of other products which have been removed but are still available at other retailers.
Add to the fact that the fruit in may local is absolute rubbish will make me change shops - no more Woolworths. I'd rather pay more at the fruit shop that buy badly gassed/ripened fruit from WW.

FED UP WITH WOOLWORTHS

I am fed up with Woolworths not stocking more and more products as time passes. The latest is a Dine dried cat food, chicken flavour for kittens that is not in stock at the moment because "Woolworths are having a fight with the manufacturer." Why would you fight with someone who is supplying stock for your shop ? I was told by a store assistant that I would have to take what was left on their shelves as "there is no alternative." So I went to my alternative, the Aldi store across the road. My fussy cats like their products, Thanks Woolworths for saving me some money !

Dreadful meay

The corned silverside we bought today was atrocious. Lots of gristle covering the meat rather than just a thin layer of fat. Meat itself was trough and stringy. I have never had corned silverside this bad before. The quality of meat at Woolworths has deteriorated dramatically since the butchery section was closed and meat became pre-packaged

This needs improvement

I have long been a big fan of Bega super slim cheese slices and find the 24 slice pack has recently gone from my store at Northside Plaza, North Rockhampton. I have purchased your Hillview light cheese slices 24 pack in its place and am disappointed. Neither the texture nor the flavor is quite as good as its Bega competitor but most frustratingly, a varying percentage of the cheese remains stuck to its plastic wrap - every single time.
Please bring back the Bega alternative because I now frustratingly have to visit another supermarket (IGA or Coles) to purchase it and of course while I'm there, they get a percentage of my spend.

Great!

Woolworths has always been my go-to store for groceries. I favour the one in Harrisdale over then one in Livingstone because the one in Livingstone is not well stocked. I could easily locate items in the Harrisdale store. Overall the self service check-out counters are ok, sometimes the staff attending to the self service check-out counters aren't too helpful but that isn't going to stop me from getting my groceries from Woolworths.

so much for free fruit for kids. What a sham disgraceful

My wife and son went to Woolworths at Cecil Hills this morning to do a bit of shopping and like always since my son has started to eat solid food she grabs a free fruit when she enters for him.Today they wanted to charge her for it. Whats the purpose of having free fruit for kids as an incentive to keep healthy and then charge for it. This store i have been shopping at for over 20 years and the service is getting worse. the fruit is always in a bad way NEVER fresh and the shelves that have these fruits ae never full. The only fresh fruit you see is for the kids and looks like they charge for it now. Its like the staff do not give a damn.

I think its time to go up the road and give Aldi or Coles a try.

On line shopping

I went to start up a online shopping account with you and you as well stuffed me about like Coles.

Why have this service if I can't get into it properly.
I've told Coles where to stick it now I'm telling you after shopping with you for over 5 years in one town.
I.G.A. and ALDI's is looking better and better every day.

All I wanted to do was buy my shopping on line after I came out of hospital after Heart Surgery nothing more, nothing less but all I got was greif from both supermarkets.

Beef Gelatine in Woolworths Thickened Cream

Beef Gelatine in Woolworths Thickened Cream. Please read the ingredients carefully. Shameful milk product which has Beef Gelatine. To make the product cheaper they are using animal fat in their products. Completely not acceptable.

Delivery Saver- stay clear!

I have used Delivery Saver for years. I was never informed that security items (cigarettes etc) would not be included in the minimum spend of $100 (from March 31, 2019) either by email or on the site (or in any fashion whatsoever) when I purchased a 12 month saver 9 February, 2019. After 4 calls and 2 chats asking how Woolworths can change the conditions of an existing agreement paid in full (prior to very sneaky policy changes) I was finally contacted 4 days later (after I was assured a supervisor would assist within 48 hours) that yes they can do that. What's next- increase the minimum spend- surely that's illegal!! As far as I was concerned I had a binding agreement with Woolwoths which I took in good faith under the conditions that were stated on the website at the time of purchase. Don't trust them. Just see if I'm not wrong about the minimum spend. I'll give them maybe a month.

Left up SHIP CREEKE!!

When online start began, I tryed it..Many years ago..
Experience : always 2 hours over booked time, things missing and leaking milk

Recently, with the loss of my father and mother dying in hosital, and been put of work, it took a mental toll on me.
So unemployed at the age of 55 isnt a good thing, having to sell my car to live and am an hour walking to the shops, thought I'd try online again....Big mistake..
1st time 1hour 50mins late and guess what! Leaking milk all over my carpet were the driver literally throw it in a rush
2nd time 2hours late again leaking milk and no toilet paper, no one called to ask if I needed a substitute, only put the money back into my account where I couldn't access it for 3 days.
So with an upset stomach no toilet paper in the house..No local friends to help, I asked online if they could send me some today or the next...."No" they cannot,,so with an upset stomach and couldn't walk an hour to get toilet roll, I had to cut up a shirt of mine to use for 3 days, being so sick to walk!
I spend $300 a fortnight at woolworth, been shopping there for 24years ...Never ever again after this experice and lack of empathy when someone was so ill
My relatives agree...Never shop at woolworths again..No apology no sorry..."Shame on your customer service. ..Denise

Great option for an online grocery shopping

Easy to organise online shopping 24/7. Content delivered in crates (but could be packed in bags) as this was my preferred option. I ordered from pantry, fridge, freezer and vegetables - all arrived well.
I would recommend this service. Using it remember you can put specific instructions for each item, e.g. no dented cans, etc.

Absolute Discussed, never returning.

I have been doing online order for ample amount of time, lately we have had issues with this company tampering with food and stealing product, a driver actually was asked to wait at our door but invited himself into our home and looked like he was looking around as his eyes wasn't on his job but our contents in our home in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. The drivers are often rude and the online help call centre never take your complaints seriously. Much more when you arise your complaint to this online store administration they will investigate the issue, but before they do such a thing they want to give your personal details to the person who they are investigating. This is not just absurd but it's invasion of my privacy and not ethical way to resolve this issue. If this is happening to us I would hate to see how many other this person/persons are doing this too that hasn't brought this nonsense to the help department of this food chain.

Unpleasant cashier at Bega Store

In line waiting and a new cashier was told to take over the existing one who was nice and polite with customer in front of me. The new cashier wasn't happy to greet and serve me. Making a gruff and abruptly speaking to me in a tone. I had done nothing wrong and wonder if she treats everyone this way? Unpleasant cashiers name was Karen. I find it hard enough to shop with my Autistic child and don't appreciate rudeness. If this continues I will shop elsewhere like Coles where they support Quiet time shop for people with needs.

I'm disappointed

I went to woolworths qv just now, 3 april 2019 at 1.20 pm
i got the disney words only 1 but that's not the problem, when she (the person who works there) gave me one but one of the word fall to the floor i try want to help her but she just step it with her feet
THAT'S SO RUDE, please learn some manner even though you're caucasian and i'm not.
THANKS.

I wish there was a Woolwoths near every Coles.

The flat fee delivery subscription looked very good, until I saw there's a mandatory minimum order of $100. Not like the usual $50, not to forget the Tue-Thu mid-week option is much cheaper. All drivers asked if I wanted them to come in, and I had always said no. Finally I asked one if he wanted to come in. To my astonishment the Mediterranean or Arab looking man was adamant he was not coming in! How hilarious! I didn't really want him to come in. Good I said. Hahaha. So, some of them do not actually do crate to table as Woolworths says. Wow. It's a good thing I want the bags.

Woolworths South Fremantle

Woolworth South Fremantle is the best! I have had problems adjusting to life back in Australia after a long period overseas and the staff have helped me and my wife above and beyond the standard I could have ever expected in friendliness, on returning items, finding the right items and offering to get more and better fresh items from fruit & veg to meat, fish, and dairy. The manager was as good as their staff and to me that`s what counts.. Parking is easy and the fuel discount petrol station is right next to the store and their prices are the cheapest for 8km radius,