Woolworths Select Cat Litter Crystals

Woolworths Select Cat Litter Crystals

1.0 from 1 review

See the Best Pet Litter in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

viv fruitbat

viv fruitbatSydney, NSW

Poisonous to Humans and Animals

Bigglesasked

Anyone out there with experience of using the Woolworth (Select) brand of crystal cat litter. The only review I see here was written in 2014. My concern is that my dogs' often raid the litter tray before I can get to it Up until now I have always used the Purfit Crystal litter. The bag clearly states it is silicon and is biodegradable and I throw the wet litter out on to the garden where it just gradually disappears with no affect on the trees/plants. I now see that the Select brand does not state "biodegradable" nor does it say what it is made from. It also says to dispose of used litter in the rubbish bag ?? I am very concerned after reading the 2014 review and think I should take the box back to the store. Any advice would be welcome.

jputting
jputting

Hi Biggles,
The Woolworths Select Cat Litter Crystals is made from dried Silica Gel, This is the same desiccant in those little paper sachets included with medications and other products which need protection from moisture. It is now being used as cat litter in a larger crystal size because of its ability to absorb copious amounts of fluid. Any other brand you see marketed as "Crystal" cat litter is made from the same substance and all brands of "Crystal" cat litter are biodegradable regardless of the information about disposing of the product.
However please don't forget to thoroughly stir the cat litter after your cat urinates in it, this helps with the liquid absorption and avoids urine collecting on the base of the cat tray. If you have access to a "The Reject Shop" store in your vicinity be aware they have big 10 Litre sized bags of Cat Litter Crystals for just $9.00c this amount of cat litter will last you a long time indeed

Biggles

Thanks for that. However, I submitted my query in August and did not want to take the risk considering what that one review said. Consequently, I took the bag back to my Supermarket and exchanged it for the Purfitt brand. I live in NZ so unfortunately I am unable to go to the Reject Shop (don't have them over here) Lucky you. I usually wait until it is on special and get a couple of large bags at a time. Don't save much though..only a couple of dollars.

Get an answer from our members and Woolworths representatives

CategoryPet Litter