5Work Hero CD1 / CD2

3.9

16 reviews · Statistics

69% · 114 · 25%

Product is used
  • Several times a week (3)
  • Weekly (2)
  • Rarely (2)
Pet OwnerYes (4) · No (2)
Noise Level
Brand Manager for Work Hero? Claim your listing.
See the Best Vacuum Cleaners in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Work Hero CD1 / CD216 reviews
Michelle
Michelle

Had it for 1 year. Then had a burning smell

Had it 1 year. Worked well until it made a burning smell. Called Godfreys but apparently only has a 3 month warranty. Only used to vacuum car, so not used enough for it to burn out. Would not recommend buying one. Put me off buying any more products from Godfreys. The cord is non existent which I knew about when I bought it. Used with an extension cord. Worked well until it burnt out. Show details
J M.
J M.25 posts

Very dissatisfied

Bought this March 2022. After using first time unit got very hot after only a few minutes of vacuuming. It burns your hand holding it by handle.
Using in confined areas like a car means the air coming out is so hot that you need to have the unit outside. Not very convenient. Power cord length non existent so you need to carry a long extension lead wherever you go. No small vacuum head. Show details
Hicky
HickyWAGreat Southern, WA4 posts

SECOND TIME AROUND

This is our second Work Hero The first one lasted for about 5 years. It blew up through no fault of it's own. We had an electrical fault and the RCD did not work. This little vacuum was used in the house, the shed (I do a lot of woodwork etc) plus cleaning the cars. Also we have a grubby Bulldog. I have no problem with recommending the Work Hero. Show details
Steph
StephVICGippsland, VIC5 posts
  CD2

Too many flaws

This vacuum is 50/50 for me
Pros.. good suction, lightweight, easy to clean
Cons.. the cord is very poor quality and it gets caught up on everything and gets kinks etc in it. Plus there’s nowhere really to store the cord unless you wrap it around but I do a lot of cleaning and don’t want to waste time winding/unwinding.
The wheels underneath are terrible, it constantly tips over or runs over the cord and drags it along.
Lastly mine just blew up. I turned it on and sparks came out from where the cord comes from. Not surprisingly they only have a 6 month warranty and I bought it early this year so no go now.
I don’t think I’d recommend it unless the price was a lot cheaper. It’s too expensive for the hassle and quality  Show details
Ellie
Ellie6 posts
HonestRater
HonestRaterVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC30 posts
JonoSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA13 posts

Still can’t kill the Work Hero

2 years have passed I have dropped the work hero vacuum cleaner broken the top around the switch, and it still goes! Talk about Work Hero, tuff as nails, never had a vacuum like it. Show details
BuddyQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD37 posts
JonoSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA12 posts

Vacuum you can't kill

Have been using vacuum to dig holes in a sandy location. Vacuums sand up 2 metre below ground. Would have sucked up well over 300 kg of sand and still works well. Best work shop vac I have ever had the bag filter is easy to clean. Great performance for so little money, it's easier to vacuum the pavers with this vacuum rather than sweeping. Would buy another one, no problem.

Mano
Mano
  CD1

I got this 1 year ago...the suction was excellent...but it did worked just one year..and stopped wor

I got this vacuum cleaner about one year ago..i was using it everyday because i got a 2 bed room house with carpet..the suction of the vacuum cleaner was brilliant but it just worked for 1 year..and now i have to buy something again..the manufacturer should increase the warranty its just 3 months or 6 months..

Concerned
ConcernedWAPerth, WA16 posts

Recomended

Originally purchased for the shed - but use everywhere.

No bags, very large bin - very simple to use, very powerful I recommend it.

I have used Dyson and miele vacuum cleaners and this is as good, can be used everywhere. Does not loose suction does not need too be emptied for months

Hicky
Hicky3 posts

magic little machine

It was bought for the shed, But tried it in the house first. We could not believe the amont of fine dust it picked up after our house vaccuum. Now it gets pinched from the shed all the time. It cleans up the cars,and our mororhome seats and removes the fine dog hair, like majic. The only downside is the plastic clips that hold the canister on. They need to be tighter. Otherwise, it's perfect !

Hicky.

Sion
SionAdelaide5 posts
  CD1

This one is ALL you need

This vaccuum cleaner has a 10 metre cord, low power 1200W motor performing suction better than that of a 2400W vaccuum cleaner. I have used three different dyson and miele vaccuum cleaners and found this Work Hero is as good as one of the dyson and easily beats the other three in picking up pet hair and dust ! No bags to buy, contents go into the large round tin which some may find emptying to be a little unhygienic because the opening is so wide. ie you don't need to empty it as often as the smaller vaccuum cleaners. I paid 160 dollars for it which is fair price for a vaccuum cleaner that does the job! It is still going strong with no imperfections although I have used it so much.

Len
Len

Lives up to its name

The Work Hero vacuum cleaner is very powerful and has great attachments. And no bags. It's perfect for cleaning the car! Small and easy to move around and the attachments allow you to reach places that most others don't. You do need an extension cord to use it - the cord on the vacuum cleaner is very short. Overall great for the garage, car or anywhere.

Zac Johnson
Zac Johnsonsunnybank10 posts
  CD1

Very powerful and easy to use

No bags, simple to use, not as noisy as expected, very powerful I can't fault it. If I was to reduce any stars for anything it would be the cord is very short (but it's an industrial vacuum cleaner you're expected to byo required extension lead) and if you pull it around too fast it could topple over.

Also I found the tube to be too short for me so I have to hunch over a bit (180cm).