Xiaomi Dreame V9

Xiaomi Dreame V9

MPNs: DM-C, DREAME and YM-C-SP
Listing monitored by Dreame Technology

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Pros

• Outstanding value for money

• Long-lasting battery life

4.5
  • Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (12) · No (19)
  • Battery Life

Constant clogging, difficult to empty,

S Hawk
S HawkMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Efficient but has a high pitched banshee like wail. Perfect for a horror movie sound track.

The vacuum cleaner picked up dust well on tiles and floorboards and was easy to use. As mentioned the noise is the main problem. Ear muffs are a must when using.

Purchased in June 2021 at Kogan.com for $220.00.

Liam
LiamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Powerful stick vacuum, great battery life and awesome value

Coming from several Dyson models that didn’t have enough battery life to do our whole house we gave the Dreame V9 a go. 230 sqm house (mixture of tiles, timber and carpet) is easily done on medium power with some turbo action thrown in where needed. Never runs much below half battery life. I love the 'toggle' style power button option as you had to hold the Dyson button down constantly which was a pain. For the price this vacuum is awesome, and I’ll definitely look at xiaomi models next time I want to buy.

Purchased in May 2020 for $329.00.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Xiaomi Dreame V9 compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Astrid H.
Astrid H.Perth, WA

Love this vacuum, awesome performance and an affordable price

We have a labrador that sheds fur wherever he goes. We had a couple of expensive vacuums with pet hair foot (the latest was a Dyson ball). I was sick of the cord and wanted something that I can just use daily (on carpet and tiles) to suck up the fur. The Xiaomi works so well!!! I have had it for about 7 months and I'm so happy with it. If I had to find a negative, it would be that it can get tricky to empty it when you let it fill up too much. Never had any issues with battery or suction. Considering the affordable price I'd say it's a bloody good vacuum.

Purchased in October 2020 at Dick Smith for $359.00.

GGL
GGLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Owned for 1 year, vacuum not as powerful as hoped and part now broken off so no longer usable

Purchased in November 2019 at eBay for $325.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Great cordless vacuum cleaner

I received this cordless vacuum cleaner 1 1/2 wks ago. It’s very versatile. I use it on carpet and cork. It’s very easy to use. My 10 year old granddaughter loves using it and vacuumed downstairs and the staircase. She demonstrated the vacuum cleaner with the different heads to her Aunty. It hangs on the wall and everything fits together very well. The suction is great. There are three different levels you can use and the maximum suction is very strong. Apparently on the lowest setting you can use it for 60 mins. It has not run out of power yer. I can highly recommend this cordless vacuum cleaner

Purchased in December 2020.

Joe
JoeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good for a year till it stopped working!

Purchased in September 2019 at Catch for $300.00.

Wonderful.

This is a truly wonderful cordless stick vacuum. I got the carpet head, and it works a treat. I own a Dyson V8 absolute, and it picks up more on the lowest setting, even after going over the carpets with the Dyson on high first. (I had just taken the Dyson apart and thoroughly cleaned it, along with the filters). The battery lasts plenty long enough for my needs. I have absolutely loved the Dyson. I have had it for about 3 years. Times move on though, and Dreame V9 is even better. Especially for the money. It's a great machine. Just don't purchase one from Dick Smith/Kogan. They are rubbish.

Purchased at Dick Smith for $329.00.

Donna Reeves
Donna ReevesNorth Western Region, NSW

Battery doesn’t last

Only got the vac in November 20 and chose it because of the good reviews. Was impressed by the great suction, but immensely disappointed that the battery only lasts about 15 minutes before you have to recharge it again.

Purchased in November 2020 at Kogan for $379.00.

Salina
SalinaSydney, NSW

Started off great

For the first month my vac was great I raved about it to workmates... but now for some reason if I use it and then take my finger off the trigger, most of what I vacuumed up falls back out the head like it never made it to the bin part. I’ve checked and there isn’t any blockages. If anyone know how to fix this please let me know!

Purchased in October 2020.

Excellent stick vacuum

I've only had my Dreame V9 V9P stick vacuum for a couple of weeks but in that short time I'm very impressed by a) its battery life, b) its performance and c) the quality of its manufacture. I bought the model with the soft roller and carpet head combo and for the small additional price, $40,I don't think you will regret doing so also.

Purchased in November 2020 at Gearbite for $399.00.

Sara
SaraSydney, NSW

Made vacuum cleaning very easy

I love the product. I had it for three months and I use it every day, it’s quick and quite.
It works perfectly on wood floor and not bad in carpet. Easy to clean, to charge and to swap attachment. It looks modern and cool. Love it!
I wish it had the option to leave it on without keeping pushing the button (like my old vax had), but that’s the only negative.

Purchased in August 2020 at Amazon for $360.00.

Carolyn
CarolynPerth, WA

Better than a Dyson

Just received my vac and I love it. Suction is amazing. Has lots of attachments which is great with stairs and my dog hair.
Would highly recommend this over a Dyson, although a little heavier.
Great value for money.

Purchased in October 2020 at Catch for $259.00.

Faheem
FaheemSydney, NSW

Impressive

Been using Xiaomi dreame V9P since last 1 month... Am very happy with its performance.... absolutely loving its soft roller head for my hard floor.
Battery timing is also good.....
100% recommended

Purchased in July 2020 at Gearbite for $299.00.

Frank
FrankGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent buy at reasonable price

First time I ever used a cordless handheld vacuum cleaner. Very happy with this product in terms of quality and the color I got, red. It can clean well on timber and tiles flooring. The suction power is good too. It is not heavy and very convenient to use. Overall a happy customer.

Purchased in June 2020 for $268.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Geoffrey H.
Geoffrey H.asked

has it got a power head not a turbo head?

Rahulasked

Hi,
I think I accidentally put some water in the battery compartment while clean-washing this vacuum cleaner. And now, after leaving it for drying 24 hours, and plugging back to charging, this is not starting, and the charging light always stays blinking only at the first step of charge.
Do you guys know, what else could be done? I bought this on eBay and through the seller “oz_accessory”, but now I don’t seem to find the contact details of this seller on eBay (neither any search results come up on google with this seller’s name). Any ideas/suggestions please?

Ieniesart

That’s disappointing because it is a good stick vacuum cleaner. I bought it through Kogan. Just like you I would have dried it in the sun for a while. They have instruction manuals online. Maybe that can give some more information

Hi thanks,
There’s nothing mentioned about it in user manual only it mentions a strong warning to not put water. Feels like the unit has doomed.

Dottiasked

I’m renting and can’t drill holes into a wall. Can it be charged without installing the docking station on a wall?

R Wake

Hi Dotti. Yes you can. The charger can be plugged directly into the vacuum in the back of the handle. You don't need the docking station at all. It's just for convenience. Hope this helps.

Great, thanks a lot :)

Ieniesart

Hello Dotti, I agree with R Wake’s answer. It looks great hanging on the wall and is convenient but not necessary. Enjoy this cordless vacuum cleaner. I am very happy with it. Ineke

Get an answer from our members and Dreame Technology representatives

Features:

• This vacuum boasts a HEPA filter system, which traps harmful particles in order to keep the air fresh and clean
  • Offers a 60-minute running time, so you can clean for a decent amount of time before having to recharge the battery
  • Extra attachments, including three vacuuming heads: bug removing head, flat vacuum head and brush vacuum head
  • Costs $399, which compared to other vacuum cleaners on the market, is on the affordable side

Points of praise:

• The multiple attachments were useful for cleaning a variety of surfaces. Reviewers were pleased that these attachments were easy to swap around and didn't require fiddling around.
  • Many found that the Xiaomi Dreame V9 is better value for money and had a stronger battery life than vacuums offered by premium vacuum cleaner brands, such as Dyson.
  • Price was a recurring point of praise, with many agreeing that they had scored a bargain. It was common to find this vacuum on sale for a discounted price, and to receive it promptly due to fast shipping.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

In recent years Dyson might’ve been ahead of the pack in terms of their multiple ProductReview Award wins, but now Dyson has a new contender to deal with; Xioami. The Xioami Dreame V9 has surpassed Dyson to achieve a 2021 ProductReview Award due to providing cheap yet effective homeware appliances.

CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Bin Capacity0.5 L
HEPA FilterYes
Weight1.5 kg
Attachments Soft Roller Brush, Mite Removal (Mattress Tool), 2-in-1 Flat Brush, 2-in-1 Brush
TypeCordless