100% · 90%

4.3

Rik
RikGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Needs to be reved

Small bikes are fun. But I always want a bit more power. The Duke 390 was the most powerful bike out of the two, (MT03). I sold the Duke because the suspension was set up for the road only. Could not do dirt roads. So I got an MT 07. The suspension on the MT03 is terrible like the MT07, but they both can go on dirt roads. I have seen others take the Duke on dirt online. Perhaps I was too precious with it. I bought the Duke new. I bought the MT03 second hand. The plastics are cheap on the MT03. Thin, and screw tabs break easily. Show details
Overall
Jason T.
Jason T.South East Queensland, QLD

Wilson
WilsonSydney, NSW4 posts

Very good Motorbike for the daily commute

I am a learner and got a second-hand MT-03. 2016 module. 30k odometer.
So far so good, very easy to control and powerful enough for the daily commute.
Excellent value for money. Show details
Hamish
Hamish2 posts

Lawnmowerdude
Lawnmowerdude

Arguably the best learner bike

I got a great price on a new mt03 $5300 ride away

Excellent value for money

I don't have much of a backside so Ido get uncomfortable after about 50 kms but it is OK

I've done 1800km now. Had it serviced at 1000 km no problems the rear mirrors could extend out a bit more so am not seeing my arms when riding

Seems Tj have enough power although 1st gear could be a bit higher

It loves cruising at 110 kms and it handles well

The gears are sometimes a little clunky especially from 2 to 3rd but that could be me or running in

The Yamaha dealer replaced the oil with mineral oil and said they will not put semi synthetic in until 10000 kms which did surprise

I commute and the bike is very agile and easy to control

Show details

Steve P
Steve PPerth, WA3 posts

Ash
AshAustralia, 41134 posts

GREAT BIKE!

This bike is best in class - look no further for a powerhouse 321 CC bike! I compared as many other bikes as I could in it's class from the Honda CBR 500R and 300R, to the Ninja and everything in between. The Yamaha outperformed every one of the competitor bikes on both city and country riding. I couldn't believe just how good the mileage was, and how fast I could up and down shift. The price was just right for me at the time ($6000) and will make getting out camping easy on the odd weekends away.

Show details

G man
G manCHATSWOOD5 posts

John Crossland
John Crossland58 posts

2016 Yamaha MT-03 (with a 320cc twin cylinder engine not the 660cc single cylinder engine in the 201

Have just traded my 2015 Yamaha YZF-R15 v2.0 with a 150cc single cylinder engine for a 2016 Yamaha MT-03 with a 320cc twin cylinder engine. It has about twice the capacity, power and torque of the R15 and weighs an extra 30kg. Although the MT-03 twin engine will rev the same as the R15 engine it has a lot more low down torque. I've previously had bigger bikes and found the 320cc twin cylinder fuel injected liquid cooled Yamaha engine feels as least as strong as a 450cc twin carburetted oil cooled Suzuki engine I had. Feels a relaxed ride compared to R15. Only just got it so I'll be running it in and will update my review with how it runs once I've run it in for the open road.

Show 25 replies