Yamaha TMAX 530

Comfort
Handling
MVC

MVCBrisbane

Rides like a sportsbike, has storage too

I have just purchased my 2017 Tmax after a test ride and it is excellent. Went for a ride around Mt Tambourine SE Qld on Saturday, just awesome on the winding roads and hills plenty of power. My brief case fits under the seat with some wet weather gear, so i can ride it to work on weekdays. Handles traffic with ease because it is well balanced and the power comes on smoothly. Seat is a fraction high for me, economy was 4.5l per 100.

Done about 2000km now and getting an average of 4.2l per 100. Great all rounder, seat is a bit tall and glove box can be fiddly to open, other than that it is better as the engine loosens up.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

ReneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best scooter I have owned

I used my TMax daily for commuting come rain, hail or shine and never missed a beat. Storage was adequate for my needs and fuel consumption Ok. The only downside I can think of is the (in my opinion) exorbitant servicing costs.

Scooters

Find out how Yamaha TMAX 530 compares to other Scooters

snellori

snelloriasked

How much would be an average annual maintenance cost if I were to drive 10000km a year?
Trying to decide if it is cost effective to purchase

Rene

When I had my bike, the service intervals were around 6k and service cost varies as it was different each service. It ranged from $225 for the first service to around $200+ for subsequent services. Over 7 years and 63k maintenance costs totalled around $7,000.

brianasked

After reading these great reviews / I would like to ask where could I look at one and what is the price range?

Rene

Hi Brian - your local Yamaha motorcycle dealer may have one in their showroom. They're not cheap at around $13,500 plus on road costs. Second hand models do become available every now and then and generally go for considerably less than new. Try searching online to see if there's one listed near you.

brian

Oh ok thanks / it seems a bit out my price range / ok thanks again

CategoryScooters and Learner Approved Bikes