Yamaha WR450F

Yamaha WR450F

See the Best Enduro Bikes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Yamaha Motor? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.2
  • Fuel Efficiency
george M.
george M.

great handling and build

love taking my one out on trail rides and on camping trips. always starts first kick and has never stalled on me. Performs extremely well in the harshest of terrains whether it be steep hills or mud.

Fortunate Son
Fortunate SonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Bike, but still very heavy.

Purchased in June 2018 at Team Moto for $11,500.00.

Great machine

I bought this bike 3 months ago, I wrecked pretty hard had a major concussion a broken nose and sprained neck. All the bike got out of it all was a few scratches and a mildly bent clutch leaver.

I have rode the guts out of this bike and it has no issues going up against KTMs 450.

My only complaint is she's a heavy one, but I came from an 03yz450f. The 2017 WR is worth every penny thus far.

bought and rode in Canada NB

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Enduro Bikes

Find out how Yamaha WR450F compares to other Enduro Bikes

MrRodeo
MrRodeoAU

Best enduro bike hands down

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Edconte
EdconteFar North Queensland, QLD

Absolute Widow Maker

Purchased a 2017 WRF450. This machine is off its head. Drives like a dream, used for solely daily work driver. Lifts in every gear and always starts first punch. Why would you buy a KTM? Only to waste weekends working on it. If you are after a rock solid bang for buck bike, grab one of these and hit the road. Absolutely awesome machine. Enogerra Team Moto also deserve mention, awesome service.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Chris
ChrisRedlands

Love it

Love this bike it's served me well it's done it's thing for me for a couple years now it has the power i need and everything but the only downside to it for me is the dang brand yamaha it's a bit how ya going I'm gonna get a Ktm instead

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Lemon

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

WILL
WILL

Performance reliability and bullet proof

Cannot seem to destroy these WR450s. So many upgrades available at a good dollar for value rate. Carby or fuel injection they are rock solid. World class leading bikes reputable and easy to maintain and there's always a yamaha dealer near by. I have 11 motorcycles mostly dirtbikes and the wr450 is my go to for reliable fun. Ten thumbs up.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Date PurchasedJune 2012
MotoBerg
MotoBerg

Great Reliable Weekend Warrior

I've owned a few Yamaha Dirt Bikes, and they never let me down. I have really enjoyed riding my '07 WR450F.
The Alloy frame makes riding and cleaning a breeze, the engine is bullet proof, never had to adjust the valves. Easy to service, fun to ride. Plenty of power, love the electric leg.
I have put some bar risers on, and the person before me lowered it a bit. which has been great. Upgraded the suspension for a better ride.
Reliable, comfortable

Great

It is extremely reliable i bought 1 that had been stolen the guy was obviously a bad mechanic he riped the key ignition out and used the kill switch as a bypass he didnt change oil spark plug or anything the spark plug had been so corroded i was amaised it still worked so i fixed that all up changed the oil and now it is a very reliable beast
Extremely reliable and powerful
Yamaha could have done better on fuel economy and bit hard to handle the power for beginners

KoordaKid
KoordaKidKojonup

Well known and liked bike

I previously had a drz400 and find the wr450 much lighter and has better suspension than the drz. The engine has amples of power (probably more than you need) with very smooth power delivery. I change the oil every 400-500km and clean the air filter 2 or 3 times between oil changes especially after dusty conditions. Handling is very good but if riding through very tight trails a wr250 of equiviant may be better suited since they are around 10kg lighter. The bike would be better if they had a 6 speed gearbox like the ktm. You may have to change the sprocket set up if riding on more free flowing trials.
Smooth power. Reliable engine. Heaps of parts available.
6 speed gearbox would be better. Only 8L fuel tank. Poor front light