2Yamaha V-Star XVS1100A Classic

Yamaha V-Star XVS1100A Classic

4.4

8 reviews · Statistics

88%13%0%
See the Best Cruiser Bikes in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

IanCPVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC18 posts

Mark T
Mark T24 posts

Butcher1970
Butcher1970Adelaide2 posts

Xvs1100

I've had my 2002 xvs1100 classic for 7 years now.

I had a towbar fitted so with me 110kg,my wife 55kg, my trailer 90kg, plus 100kg of stuff in trailer, soft panniers full 25kg, bike itself 275kg. We are 655kg on the road.

The twin front disk brakes and single disk brakes stops us without an effort.

Handles great at 100km all day.

From Adelaide to Tasmania, up and down hills not a problem with power.

These are the good things.

Bad things.

Seats are awfully uncomfortable.

Starter clutch is a common fault.

Checking and changing the oil is a pain in the gluteus. Have to remove exhaust to change oil filter.

Apart from replacing starter clutch it's been extremely reliable and cheap to run.

Great mid size cruiser.

Juz
JuzQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD81 posts

Adi
AdiAU2 posts

A great machine

A great machine, did 2600 kms in 4 days from Melbourne>Kangaroo Island>Adelaide and the Coast back to Melbourne.

A great ride and very comfortable with the bends in or outside the city. Great Chromes and with a Vance and Hines Pipes and a Kuryakyn Hypercharger who needs a Harley Davidson :)
excellent control, powerfull, sticks on the road
too low, fuel gauge missing, gear indicators missing. Oil filter in a wrong place

russ001
russ001

easy to ride great handling great looking fairly economical great power easy to find and use controls smooth gear change great sounding
nice to ride we have had ours for just over a year(s/hand 05 mod) and done 16.000 kms on it allready. with another 1000k ride next week
oil filter changing (time for a relocation kit) Show reply
yarroxvs1100
yarroxvs1100

Good

Love the bike, I have kept engine standard so far. and have not had any troubles. Travelled 14000 Km. Bike is good as a daily commuter and a long distance cruiser. I have fitted a air seat and can ride for 4 hours, only stopping for fuel.
Great power, smooth gearbox and handles well.
Seat gets hard after 2 hours. Larger fuel tank would be better.
longtimerider
longtimeriderAU

Graeme J.
Graeme J.

Hi..I want buy backrest/ luggage rack for 2010 Yamaha Custom Vstar 1100cc. Most I see on internet are for Classic model..Not Custom model. Will Classic backrest fit my Custom model. Not sure if bracket holes in mudguard are the same.TIA

Richard Stewart
Richard Stewart

i have a 2008 xvs 1100 classic with 30.000.kms and it is just starting to have starting issues ,the starter clunks some times or wont turn over battery is on trickle charge when not in use , other times it starts first pop but during a ride stop starting can be an issue.

Richard H.
Richard H.

I have a 2004 Yamaha V Star1100 Classic and I would like to change out the heel/toe shifter and footrest for a toe shifter and footpegs. Does anyone know where you could find the parts to make this change, thanks?

IanCP

Try contacting Bobber Dave's in Traralgon Vic.

Extra Information