Yamaha WR250F

Yamaha WR250F

See the Best Enduro Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Rocketman

RocketmanHamilton

WR250F 2006 Model

I had a WR250F for about two years, it was used for trail bike riding, I found it very reliable, power was adequate for a 250. The four stroke motor never missed a beat. Electric start was a great feature. Servicing was easy , Yamaha quality was great. Seemed to be very economical. I cannot really fault this bike. It performed just as I expected. It did not feel large and heavy. I could easily pick it up when I fell off.
I only sold it as I am now 67 years old and falling off it, hurt too much, basically I always went too fast in the wrong places, thinking I was 25 again.
Always make sure you have a nice new sharp front tyre for off road stuff. Just saying....:)

Purchased in January 2013 at 2nd hand for $3,000.00.

Noise Level
Handling
Suspension

Spanner

SpannerLatrobe

The WR250F is a great bike.

I recently done a few mods on my Wr250f 08, exhaust, jetting, air box and air cleaner mods, grey wire mod, the thing is now a beast, it’s more like riding a 2 stroke with the shear power increase and throttle response, oh and I done a mod on the fuel pump as well, I found my Wr250f 08 model to be very tame until I modded it, standard they are a great bike for the wife, the thing I love about wr’s is that with a little nouse and research it is possible to get these bikes to a race stage with minimal cost, so if you want to unleash the beast it’s totally possible, I’ve proved it. The Wr250f has fantastic handling as well and is such a pleasure to ride.

Date PurchasedMar 2009