Yates Baythroid

Yates Baythroid

See the Best Garden Maintenance Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Yates

4.2

Jerry

The Calypso Beetle killer.

I have a forty meter lillypilly hedge two and a half mtrs high that has been decimated by Calypso beetle over the years.
I sprayed with Yates Baythroid advanced insect killer using a pump pack with a long nozzle to get inside the foliage.
Within less than half an hour there were scores of beetles and larvae on the pathway.
It has been five weeks since I sprayed and my hedge looks like it’s just out of the box.
What a turn around.

I worry about the collateral damage, but I just had to do something.

It works.

Jerry

Purchased in October 2021.

Lyn Hetherington
Lyn HetheringtonHunter Region, NSW

Great for Lilly Pilly Calypso Beetles!!!

Tried Neem Oil spray and soaks.........didnt work!! Used one application of Baythroid Advanced Insect Killer for Gardens on my hedge which was completely chewed to pieces by these beetles and instant success. Hedge is recovering well with new growth and nothing eating it!!! Highly recommend this product.

Purchased in March 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Best product ever to kill green beetles.(although is not specify on the packet). this bugs were eating my lilly pillies

Although the package don’t says anything about green beetles and every post I read says there is not a pesticide for them. There is an it’s this one. I read a post here . Follow the instructions and they are all death. I put 20ml of yatesbahthroid advance into 9l of water spray the lilly pillies and the floor(for the eggs) and I woke up in the morning and they were all death on the floor as you can see in the picture

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $19.

Best product for managing damaged Lilly Pilly from Calypso beetle

My lilly pilly trees appeared to be eaten over night and were decimated. I sprayed the trees and earth with baythroid over 2 nights and had instant overnight success. I gave them a feed of Seasol 2 days after spraying and saw new growth in 2 weeks. This product is fabulous!

Purchased in September 2020.

Danianiela
DanianielaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Kills lilly pilly calypso beetles

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in September 2020.

GroveChooks
GroveChooksSydney Surrounds, NSW

Followup review of Baythroid and Calypso Beetles

It’s one month since I used Baythroid on my Lilly Pillies and I’m delighted to report that new growth is appearing after a long period where these plants appeared to be dormant with no new growth at all.

Purchased in July 2020.

Neveragain3
Neveragain3Sydney, NSW

Baythroid worked well on Calypso Beetles

My Lilly Pillies have been decimated by calypso beetles. After reading the reviews about using Baythroid I decided to give it a go. I’m very impressed with the numbers of dead beetles I have found. I had a good look at the trees and found just one grub so I think I may need to do another application in a few weeks time.

Purchased in July 2020.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Mario D.
Mario D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Black beetles GONE!!!

I sprayed my entire 350sqm lawn following the instructions using the Yates Baythroid Advance formula now available and wow.. the next morning since coming out, the lawn has Hundreds Of dead African black beetles all over it. Couldn’t be happier!! From my research I will apply another coat over the lawn in the next 2 weeks to ensue all larvae is dead. Amazing product highly recommended!!

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $28.

Hayden B
Hayden BPerth, WA

Not effective for Mole Crickets

If you got this product to kill Mole Cricket's. Good luck. Like others on here, I used half a large can After three nights of trying to rid my 80m2 of infestation and felt bad knowing how toxic this product is to the environment and water systems. And it did not work. I corresponded with Yates help and they just questioned by ability to follow instructions. I did have success finding their burrows and making a strong mix and flushing it. They would come to surface and die. Although I found one got a second life and ran away? So it can’t be that effective on them? I hope this toxic product is just as effective on my mealy big than it is with mole crickets

Purchased in April 2019.

Find out how Yates Baythroid compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Great for lilly pilly bettles

Lilly pilly trees eaten by green beetles (parapsides calypso) at a fast rate.. bunnings and yates dont register this product for them, pretty much told me to remove them by hand..

Tried yates baythroid after reading positive reviews.. sprayed them just before dark (could see many beetles over 13 trees).. literally next morning, i saw them all dead in the soil, and have not seen one since.. incredible.. good idea to spray them once a year maybe.. yates should register this for lilly pilly beetles.. i used a weed sprayer, very effcient, sprayed trees all over casually..

• +2Thumbnail

Purchased at Bunnings.

43bbb
43bbbMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Effective and easy to use.... sort of.

Black beetles surfaced within hours and met their maker. If I met Yates' maker I'd suggest making the bottle easier to pour from. The design causes spillage which was not ideal for such a potent liquid.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $37.50.

Paropsides Calypso on Lillypilly hedge

This product is Highly effective in eradicating Paropsides Calypso, both Adult and Larvae with virtually immediate results. Within 1 hour of spraying, clear evidence of the effectiveness of this product is undeniable.
30m of 2m hedge saved

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings .

Leon
LeonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not effective on laen grubs

My lawn was invaded with lawn grubs. I followed instructions religously once with a sprayer and once with a can. 24 hours after last nights treatment I put some old carpet over the lawn, about one square metre. I looked under it an hour later and found 22 healthy grubs which I removed by hand. I have found it totally ineffective against lawn grubs.

Purchased in February 2019 for $20.

Josh
Joshbushfield

Great all rounder

Every spring and summer i use this product, and i love it. I have 3 acres of all types of trees and gardens and use it to rid of everything from sawflies to aphids and even keeps the spiders down, and pretty much spray it on everything except my fruit trees..
Thanks again yates. Love it

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Roy BlackRockingham Western Australia

Mole crickets

I agree with 'Shattered', - Baythroid is useless for getting rid of mole crickets.
I followed the instructions to the letter and overlapped the previously watered area with each pass of my watering can, which has fine holes.
Now in April, they are as bad as they are in summer but they shut down earlier.
A waste of $37.73.
So very disappointed.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Roy Black

Hello Yates, thank you for your reply and offer of help.
I will contact you directly as you suggest.