Zongshen LZX200GY-2

Zongshen LZX200GY-2

See the Best Trail Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

good and cheap

Bit slow when i first got it but a cheap muffler from a thumpster and a $50 mikuni carb fixed that. Tighten every nut and bolt before riding it tho or your leaving half the bike behind after a decent ride and put decent tyres on it i run a pirelli and a batlax
cheap to run reliable looks ok fun in the back streets
build quality is as expected for the price slow standard, has a flatspot a mile wide

Good

A great bike as a cheap entry. Like any dirt bike, you must do a lot of maintenance after a days riding, even when you buy it brand new, you should take it for a full service day one and tighten everything. I mean everything. After that, they are fine. Same exactly as the Yamaha badged Tw200. But the Yami is perfect when they come out of the other factory door?? As I said, I purchased two then another as I can't afford a $8-12K bike and I shopped around and paid less than $2k each. I have ridden rough country and its keeps up with my mates KTM.
Cheap, easy to work on and is a Yamaha Tw200 Copy, except for plastics. So parts are easy to get from Yamaha. Greeat to ride, easy to handle and keeps up with the $8k and 10k dirt bikes. I Have three. Two road registered and one trail registerred.
They are not well put together at all. Not the quaklity of the parts, but the quality of the build, loose bolts, nuts, miss aligned plstics, loose fittings etc, cables not plugged in correctly. They are actually the same as the Yamaha. But the Yamaha's are put together properly. Order a spare part from Yamaha and look at the model numbers. Identical.

Hi from anatole in WA. Was looking at buying an older one with 17,000km on the clock for $1000. Is this a good price to pay and would it be worth paying $50 to get a mechanic to check it and test compression etc??

Terrible

Very poor bike, wish I never purchased the bike, its very slow and the build is so bad it's a joke. You will be wasting your many, don't purchase it. Also parts are non existing.
Its cheap to purchase and running costs are low.
Everything, poor build, very bad customer service!!, electrical systems is bad, brakes are very poor.

Terrible

Don't buy a Zongshen, customer service is pathetic and a joke. Parts are hard to get and expensive for what they are. The parts are of poor quality and make. The bike is very unreliable; I had nothing but trouble from day one. WARRENING!!!!!!DO NOT PURCHASE A ZONGSHEN!!!!!
The bike is easy to ride, light and good if you have never riden. Bike is cheap to run and fun.
The worst customer service I have ever experienced. I had problems with the electrical system and I had to wait for 1 month for parts. The parts distributer wasn't there, wouldn't answer the phone wouldn’t return e-mails, and then wouldn't sell me parts. The customer is always right, not to Zongshen customer service; they accused me of playing games and not being capable of fixing this crap bike. Also the electrical system blowing up after 4000km on the clock is not right.

If you need a bike to learn on or to jump on for around town..get one :-) As a second bike to a main bike..surprisingly fun and brings back memories of ones first bike.
Cheap to run. Easy to service. Parts and manuals same as a Japanese brand.
Great to learn on, commute and just run down to the shops or the beach on. Roll on Summer! This bike blitzes the MOST (Skills) test!
Speedo a bit hard to read but I don't really look at that much.