ZTE H268A

• Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range
Rushik Shah

Rushik ShahGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Decent modem with a few issues

1. Got it free from Exetel on a 12-month contract (so can't really complain)
2. Definitely has firmware issue (also not user friendly)
3. I only used it as a wireless modem so perform was subpar at best.
4. Definitly had regular disconnections.
5. Had to perform restarts on most weekly bases.

Purchased at Exetel Broadband.

Sabrina B.

Sabrina B.Sydney, NSW

The Wi-Fi is available only 10 meters away from the modem

The router is so bad, I had to buy an extender and even the extender struggle to connect to the router and it is in the room next to it.

Purchased in April 2020 for $59.00.

Cattledog

CattledogSydney

ZTE H268A - IT DOES THE JOB

Well I'm not a "savvy I.T. guy", but after my Netcomm NF18AC Modem Router failed, I contacted my ISP, Exetel, and they provided me with the ZTE268A free of charge (except for $20 delivery fee). This device does everything I require to access the NBN via my P.C. and stable WIFI connections to other devices such as laptop, mobile phones. smart T.V. (video streaming) + it provides VOIP telephone services.
The latest T9 firmware upgrade allows separate VOIP service providers to be configed from each of the two telephone ports.

Purchased in September 2019 at Exetel for $20.00.

Paulo

PauloGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

For the extremely cheap price this router is a definate bang for buck.

This is an extremely good router for the cheap price it is. 5Ghz wifi is good in my home, but not as solid as my wrt1900acs with custom long tplink antennas. The admin interface is good, but not as advanced as my wrt1900acs. This router is very easy to setup. VOIP is great. I'm using this on my NBN HFC with Exetel.

If you are looking for something more advanced with advanced features like my wrt1900acs then you need to pay more. I use this as my main system and my wrt1900acs + Cisco SPA112 as my backup system. This is a really good router for the cheap price you pay.

Purchased in September 2019.

Weizhong GongSydney, NSW

The admin interface is very bad

Unable to set up a static routing. Hard to find where to set up most things. Exetel unable to give a fix. And on the ZTE web site, can't find the documents.

Purchased in July 2019.

Sarah

SarahPerth, WA

Works perfectly

I got this modem for $20 when I signed up on an Exetel 12 month contract. I've been using the modem for over 6 months and have had no issues.

Purchased in December 2018.

Michael

MichaelAustralia

Decent modem

Modem was supplied by Exetel upon signup, seems much faster than the TG789 (supplied be TPG, iiNet etc) and the interface is much easier to use
Setup was simple plug and play, no configuration required.
The modem also looks good, and the way it sits upright means it doesnt get as hot as other modems I've owned in the past

Purchased in December 2018 at Exetel.

Stone78

Stone78Cloverdale

Works well

Got this modem included with our new nbn plan and cane preconfigured and just needed to plug it in and wait for it to connect. Simple and easy. Lightweight and compact. Essy to place out of the way. Nice slim, white design.
Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a new nbn modem.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
yihhan

yihhanPerth, WA

Wireless 5G

Just want to share with everyone that if your mobile phone is not detecting the 5Ghz wireless, try setting a channel number instead of AUTO. Start with Channel 36, then apply. My OPPO start to detect 5GHz as soon as i did that. FYI: this modem is rebooted in around 1 1/2 minutes.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

alias

aliasNSW

Plastic Rubbish

This is perfect for the average home user. HOWEVER, if you're a savvy IT guy, this thing is totally a POS. I need to do the following and the ZTE either doesn't do it or it does it so poorly that you go back to your cisco router. Static routing, VPN software, NAT's, ACLs etc, even my samsung TV can't connect to it..

Date PurchasedJan 2017
AndyC

AndyCQueensland, 4000

Great mid range NB Gateway with VoIP - no reason not to accept as part of package

Great gateway modem that came free with Exetel FTTC NBN. Above the usual gig switch stuff it's got two phone ports for VOIP (Nice and clear codecs) and USB drive - yet to test. Overall, it's simple to use, has many config options - right up with the Billion series. And it does what it needs to well.
Four stars as I'm mildly concerned at ongoing support in terms of frirmware updates - it's not a well known brand. But really, nothing needs to change anyway!

Date PurchasedSept 2018
John439

John439Sydney

Works well.

Our ZTE modem for the NBN broadband internet works well. Fairly simple to install although the interface onscreen is a bit difficult to navigate especially to change passwords for WiFi. WiFi range is OK. 2.4 or 5 MHz don't interfere with our in house radio reception. Vertical stance of modem looks good

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Pumpy

PumpyCentral West, NSW

I can't fault it

I purchased this from Exetel when my netcom unit failed. We were still on ADSL at the time and the set-up was a bit of a headache, although the Exetel technical staff were very helpful in locating a Telstra fault that was the main problem. When we upgraded to NBN fixed wireless the modem has performed without a problem, we can have two devices streaming video and have two phones working perfectly all at the same time which is all I can ask for.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Gavin

GavinPerth

Does the job, bit of a bargain really

I purchased this router for $79 when I signed up with Exetel. The wireless performance is very good as I can stream HD videos to my HTPC. A couple of things to be mindful of; the modem is advertised for $59 but you need to pay $20 for shipping, and the USB port has been disabled by the manufacturer so you can't use it to plug in a storage device. Overall I'm very happy with the router, especially for the price.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Kathryn

KathrynMickleham

Wasn't as bad as i thought

Bought this when i signed up to exeter. Was dubious at first as i thought it would be cheap rubbish but it does exactly what we want for half the price of other routers. Cant fault it. Struggled to set it up but exeter helped me and I was the problem rather than the router!

Y. Ni

Y. Niasked

Hi,
I have H268A provided by exetel a year ago, now I have taken Spintel hfc nbn. I have successfully configured the model to connected to the internet. But I am not able to register my phone with VOIP. I have Sintel authentication username and paswd, and sip Proxy Server address. But I am not able to register my phone with VOIP. If i make a call, (mobile or 8 or 10 digit) all i get is 35 seconds of silence, then a engaged tone. at that point the modem shows my phone number is "unregistered". Could anyone advice how to sort this problem?

samb s.asked

I have H268A provided by exetel a year ago, now I have taken tangerine hfc nbn, any chance of getting links from where I can do the setup? tangerine has given isp authentication username and paswd.

Lis
Lis

i just did this and the instructions from tangerine were pretty useless but i figure it out using google on my phone. This modem isn't locked so can be used for byo modem.

John

Johnasked

Hi guys,
I got an Exetel modem (ZTE ZXHN H268A). I have been having it for a year and have not had any issues. My question is, how can I tell if it is locked for Exetel use only or not? Reason being, I am thinking of changing provider because now NBN is within my area and found there are some better options available in the market so I want to know whether I need another one.
Thanks in advance!

Weizhong Gong

H268A can be used for another provider, provided you know the account name and key, and VOIP info.

Paul T
Paul T

Apparently tangerine uses PPPOE so use that tab. Also make sure you have the correct username and password. Type it in correctly.
Last thing it looks like tangerine uses VLAN tagging so type 100 for that.

CategoryRouters and Modems
Frequency BandDual-Band (2.4GHz, 5.0GHz)
Number of Ethernet Ports4