Muswellbrook

Verified Purchase Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Perfect for the new car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

After purchasing a new car, I needed a vacuum that will be powerful suction and light and versatile to use. I researched the internet on the stick vacuums and I decided on the Animal V8. I found it was quick to charge, it comes with many attachments and its perfect for cleaning the car.

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: May 2017

Keeps turning off after a short time

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

We have had ours for about 12 months. We loved it. But now it indicates it’s fully charged but stops working after about 1 min and then if you put it back on charge it works again straight away...very frustrating. I wish we could fix this issue as when it’s working it’s a great vacuum cleaner.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Beck, Thank you for reviewing your Dyson V8 Absolute. Sorry to hear your machine is doing this, we wouldn't expect this as this isn't normal behavior. If you could please email auaskdyson@dy... read more »

Melboune

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Mar 2018

No fail

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

I have used this for nearly 6mths and this is my 2nd Dyson product. V8 is quite durable and very strong. Battery life is long enough to finish cleaning. Easy to handle and operate. There are 4 type of attachment and
They help. Sometimes, it is a bit hard to attach and detach though. Overall, I'm happy with the product.

• 2 helpful votes

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Dyson vs Dog hair

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

We recently bought a puppy and hair was EVERYWHERE. I finally bit the bullet and bought the v8 absolute and it has made life so much easier. When the dog sneaks onto the couch or on the bed I quickly run the Dyson over and it’s clean in no time. It also picks up the hair from the floorboards with ease. I actually find vacuuming enjoyable now...

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Best vacuum!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Dyson are clearly elite in their field. Their vacuums are incredible. So simple to use, it makes vacuuming easy. No hassle getting it on/off the wall and the process of emptying ridiculously simple. The max suction function is great for getting up dog hair off the carpet, and the absolute comes with two heads (one for floorboards/one for carpets). Worth the money.

Toowoomba

• 1 helpful vote

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Dyson v8

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

Absolutely love my Dyson V8 vacuum cleaner so good on wooden floors. Would highly recommend very easy to empty very quiet got it from Harvey Norman in Toowoomba sales person was lovely . I have tried many cordless vacuum cleaners but found this Dyson to be the best bit more expensive but is worth it .

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Best vacuum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I recently purchased the Dyson V8 and it’s better than the corded Dyson my parents own, its powerful and compact, the release of the compartment to empty the vacuum is so easy to use and keeps your hands clean. I’m loving this vacuum for my new house and can’t fault it in any way

Purchased at: Costco

Sydney

• 3 answers

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Mostly love this

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

I love the accessibility of the stick and therefore vacuum a lot more regularly. I dont think its as powerful as the adverts make out, but it keeps my place looking clean and tidy so thats a win.
I feel like it should have a few more attachments also like a door track cleaning brush.

Sydney

• 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Best Vacum Cleaner I have ever bought

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

This is most definately the best investment I have made in Vacuum cleaners. It picks up dust and dirt not seen by the naked eye. Battery lasts approx 20mins, so okay for medium size house. Easy to clean with a range of attachments for different flooring types, hard to reach places, upholstery and car.

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: May 2017

Brilliant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

I use this model for our office and work and it's fantastic. Sucks everything up off the carpet so well. I've used other branded stick vacuum that work well on tiles and floorboards but struggle on carpet but the dyson is amazing on carpet. So easy when you just want to quickly vacuum a small area too. Highly recommend and well worth the money.

Mannering park

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Jun 2017

First Dyson light as a feather and sucks so good!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

Hi, I think the suction is great, I have a very dusty dirty house, with kids. The super suction only last for approx 7 to 10mins so you need to do it on the other speed for it to last longer, that is still sufficient. USUALLY enough battery to do 1 bedroom on super suction or 4 rooms on the other...if they are not that dirty.
Grest to manouver compared to other vacuums and light weight.

NORTH BONDI

• 1 helpful vote

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: May 2018

Great buy!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2018

We love this dyson!! It is one of the most maneuverable and easy-to-use vacuum cleaners available. Fit a tool, press the trigger and off you go. Dyson’s system for attaching and detaching peripherals is quick, easy and feels robust - just push a button and slide apart, snapping the next piece into place. It means going from a hand vacuum with a crevice tool to a full vacuum takes seconds.
well recommended

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Found empty the rubbish was hard

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

Quite disappointed when I upgrade my V6 to V8. Takes me forever to empty the rubbish out in the cylinder. Always took me at least 3-5 minutes to work out how to empty and close it back up. Normally left dust on the floor that requires re-vacuuming the area. Next time when I upgrade my vacuum, I am not sure whether I will go with this series anymore

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Jasmine, Thank you for your review. Please see the following videos which demonstrate emptying the bin, and the second video demonstrates how to completely remove and reattach the bin: https:... read more »

Perth

• 2 comments

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Apr 2018

As good as people say

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

Got a Dyson v8 absolute for cordless vacuum and would recommend. They are excellent and easy to use. The new v10 is harder to use and handle. I was able to source it via Dyson store and got extra warranty. Yet to use attachments but looks easy enough. Cleaning was easy to remove filter

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Unreliable and poor repair turn around.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

When the vacuum works - it is as expected and does the job satisfactorily.
However considering the extremely high purchase price , when it breaks down (very disappointing given its only 6 months old), they should swap new for old.
We bought this Dyson and sold our Miele. We have now been without a vacuum for some time and we regret the purchase.
Dyson market themselves as a cool customer focused brand. Well - they have lost me on this one. And I would not even remotely consider another one of their overpriced products.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Dyson Official

HI there, Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Dyson machine. So we can discuss your concerns, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson experts will be in tou... read more »

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Won't go back to normal vaccum cleaners ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

The suction is top-notch - you'll be amazed by how much dirt is left in your carpets after vacuuming with a normal corded vacuum cleaner. I thought my old vacuum cleaner was doing ok, not amazing but ok. After Dyson, there is no turning back. It is the best thing ever!

Verified Purchase Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Lets face it

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2018

Lets face it cordless vacuums are not as good as plug it vacuums for performance. Suction power im sorry to say is 60% that of plug in vacs. But they are very easy to use and are light. Battery life is good i can hoover my two story mid terrace with one charge. Value for money definitely not imo. Manufacturers will have to improve this technology before i buy another.

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi there, Thank you for your review. Here at Dyson we are always working on new technology. Since the launch of your V8 machine we have released the Cyclone V10 machines which have up to 60 minu... read more »

• 11 helpful votes

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Jan 2018

The dirt this collects is amazing. But long battery charge time

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

The performance is outstanding, and the dust you suck up will surprise you. We came from using a ducted vacuum and this is so much easier and better to use.
The battery can go flat quickly and you mightn’t get the full house done thoroughly, but the idea is that you can grab it off the wall charger and do sections of the house at a time. Then plug it back into charge - easy!
It’s got a low and high speed selector switch, but who’s ever going to use it in low power mode right!
Best - suction and easy to use
Worst - battery charge time is very slow.

Comes with extra suction heads, but rarely use them.

• 2 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Best Purchase!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2018

This has been the best purchase in a long time.

The light weight design and being battery operated has been perfect for an effortless clean. We purchased this for my wife who was pregnant at the time but also because we were both sick of the old drag Hoover we had.

Although we wouldn't recommend it for deep cleaning but it is great for a quick easy clean, going from carpet,tiles to timber flooring with no dramas

Victoria

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Mar 2018

The top level of all vacuums is this one

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2018

The top level of vacuums has to be this new Dyson vacuum. We saw it on TV and was hooked in as usual and decided to take a look at them in Harvey Norman store which luckily they had demos we could could try out and we loved this one because it's light weight and easy to use and chargeing doesn't take long and gives great clean floor results

1 of 47 pages

Animal

Hi, I have the dyson animal just under 12 months! Does anyone have the issue that when it is switched onto full power it consistently cuts off? I have cleaned the filter and made sure all chambers are free of dust and dirt... also on normal power it cuts out every so often when I have a attachment on no matter how much I clean it... any suggestions?

Bluiie asked on Aug 09, 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for your query. Sorry to hear your machine is cutting out. Understanding you have checked your machine, we would kindly ask for you to check this video to see if there are any areas that may have been missed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpxRl17N03E

If this doesn't help rectify the problem, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be happy to help get your machine back up and running.

Shan

Absolute

Hi, we used to love our Dyson V8 Absolute, but a year down the track the small wheels on the vacuum head are continually jammed with pet hair. The two smallest wheels cannot be removed and cleaned, so they jam and scratch polished wood floors. Do you have any suggestions?

Mike asked on Aug 08, 2018

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your question and reaching out.

We'd like to assist you with this issue however will require some more information. Please send an email through to auaskdyson@dyson.com with the serial number of your machine and one of our experts will be in touch as soon as possible to assist.

Samuel
Facebook.com/Dyson

Absolute

Does your charger V8 emit a hissing noise? Just got my new V8 charter does the job with sound... is this normal? Thanx for replies. -Thomas

TEL asked on Aug 06, 2018

Answer this

No this is not normal.....I would have it checked out by Dyson whilst still under warranty. Typically they are very quiet machines....the only time making loud noises when there is an obstruction. Good Luck.

Thanks for answer Katym. Are you thinking obstruction in the mashine... my probl er the charger unit not the suction unit.

Hi there,

Thank you for your query. It is certainly not normal to hear a hissing noise from your charger.

We would encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be more than happy to help get this sorted.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Shan

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Charging Time 5hours 5hours 5hours
Bin Capacity 0.54L 0.54L 0.54L
HEPA Filter Yes Yes Yes
Weight 2.6kg 2.6kg 2.6kg
Cleaner Head Soft Roller Cleaner Head and Direct Drive Cleaner Head Direct Drive Cleaner Head Soft Roller Cleaner Head and Direct Drive Cleaner Head

The main difference between these models is included cleaner head