Perth

• 8 helpful votes

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Way over priced!

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2018

Bought the Dyson absolute plus from Harvey Norman. For general use around the house it works great and has many attachments to suit your requirements but thats it! Anything more your best on getting a proper vacuum cleaner with a cord! The battery life is absolute shocking, maybe thats why this model is called absolute. For the price tag, poor battery life and average suctions I wouldn't recommend the Dyson absolute plus to anyone personally.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi CamD, Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear you have been dissatisfied with the run times. This machine has a variety of run times from 6-20 minutes based on the power mode selected and the ac... read more »

Ballarat

Model: Animal Date Purchased: May 2018

Not as good as I thought it would be

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

I purchased this Dyson V8 from the good guys easy to use instead of holding a cord all the time. Did my 3 bedroom house, hall,dining and lounge room it looked nice and clean picked up all pet hair I thought. Then I did the test pulled out my electric vacuum cleaner and ran a straight line down the hall and picked up more dust and pet hair that you could not see on the carpet. This cleaner is ok for a quick vacuum and the carpet looks ok after you finish but it will never pick up as good as an electric corded vacuum cleaner.

• 18 helpful votes

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Dec 2017

Every pet owners dream!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

I purchased this just prior to Xmas last year (2017) because there was an offer to good to refuse. So off to the Good Guys I went!

I am a pet owner so the thought of no cords and something light appealed to me greatly. I also had read a number of reviews that stated they couldn't live without it so I didn't want to miss out on the action - plus the thought it would make life easier by saving time!

Apart from the fact a complete charge can take some time the power of the suction is quite amazing and (I'll be honest) mind-blowing! I couldn't believe how much cat hair was in the tiny little barrel from going over a small rug.

It comes with some great attachments for other jobs (like cleaning your car, corners etc). Dyson have really thought of everything.

The only downside is that you will want to use it to vacuum the entire house but the battery won't allow that which is a shame but I am sure in time Dyson will think of that too, if they haven't already!

I would highly recommend - it's great for young or old. I know this might seem a bit cliche but it does put fun back in cleaning!

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

Love this light weight vacuum cleaner. Hold the head over the bin pull up and the dirt and dust falls in. Ours is kept in the kitchen cupboard, screwed to the inside wall. Convenient, light. Love this appliance. People who visit us in the holiday house want one express a desire for one also!

Purchased at: David Jones

• 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: Animal Date Purchased: May 2017

Do not buy

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

Lousy performance - picks up fluff, then dumps it a foot away. It is light enough to throw in the bin. I have a standard size three bedroom home with carpet and vinyl covered floors.

Don't waste your money on a Dyson vacuum cleaner. They are overrated and over priced. Claims of the battery lasting 40 minutes on a charge are absolute lies. You get 5 minutes at best. And that will only do a flick-over of one room.

Let's face it, full power is always needed. Run times with it set on low are useless. You may as well use a carpet sweeper.

If you want a thorough clean get a brand name plug-in. Dyson is no longer developing 240volt lead vacuums. This will see the demise of the company. It is time the ACCC did something about the lies told in advertising. The time a battery lasts and mileage in new cars: they are all lies!

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Ty, Sorry to hear you are feeling dissatisfied with your V8, poor pick up or picking up then spitting out dust suggests there may be a blockage of airflow in the machine, and this will also imp... read more »

Alice Springs

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Great item!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

Love my Dyson! It’s so easy to use with a toddler, love it so much I just wanted to let everyone know. I use it at least 3 times a day (after every meal) and I can just use it so easily! .. would love Dyson to make a child’s version as my son is obsessed and so much would get done if it was light enough for him to carry!

SYDNEY

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: Absolute Date Purchased: May 2018

good vac

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

After a lot of research I finally purchased the V8. I think I read to many great reviews and was expecting more from this machine.
It is good and very handy but does not replace a corded vacuum.
Its been great for the kids to use.
I find the suction ok but not fantastic. There has been times that it moves the dirt on the hard floor and not actually picks it up.
I wish the suction was better.
It is quiet and easy to maneuver.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi there, Thanks for your review. To increase the suction please use the silver oval switch for the Maximum suction mode, the suction is more than triple compared to standard mode, however the r... read more »

Sydney

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Great and longer life Battery

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2018

Performance is perfect, this one has more guts then my replacement original Dyson stick vacuum, it also has a longer run time.
The charger is very different, I use it on tiles and rugs and does a great job no need to pull out the corded Dyson which is heavy and back breaking.

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

Sydney

• 8 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Not bad for mother’s day present

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2018

I purchased this 6 months ago for me but when the V10 came I gave it to my mum and she loves it and being older it’s light and easy to handle for her being 83 so I would say it’s a good investment for her so I would by again.

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Great vac but dose not last long

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

The vacuum is ok when cleaning the floors but by the time I have gotten to the bedrooms the last room it always cuts out or slows right down. It cleans very well and gets rid of most of our cat hair but the battery time needs to be longer!

Purchased at: Dyson

Melbourne

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: May 2017

Outstanding Portable Vacuum

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

We chose the top of the range Dyson because it really is the best model. It solves all the problems of earlier models and looks absolutely fantastic. It has a new motor and you can really feel the power - it packs some serious suction and it has a redesigned dust bin. This last one is the biggest improvement in my opinion as the old model could get quite messy. I love this thing, which might sound like weird thing to say about a vacuum but other Dyson owners will understand!

Purchased at: Myer

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Model: Absolute Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Really easy to use

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2018

Very happy with how lightweight and easy to maneuver this product is. Also the cordless function is great and exactly what i wanted but sometimes i would like just a bit longer battery time as i tend to use the higher power (max) function most of the time which only give me 7 minutes. Also happy with the various attachments and how it easily clips into wall charger.

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2018

We bought this vaccum cuz our unit was filthy when we moved in. It did a wonderful job helping us clean our unit. Saved us a lot of filth!!!! Great suction and easy to dispose of the rubbish, easy to use, simple instructions, very pleased with this product. Would recommend it to anyone

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 6 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

Love the powerful/ boost setting gets so much up.
Very easy to empty, lift handle and pull up and out it all falls, only once have I had to pull hair out, you will need to empty every time you use as the filter is quite sensitive and will make the motor go boost and back to normal constantly.
It gives you a static shock where the power cord goes in, at first I thought it was my hand playing up till I read other reviews and they explained what it was .
This vac showed me that my Roomba vac has very poor suction.
I have carpet and floor boards works well on both.

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Azat, Thank you for your review. As this is specific to the environment it can be very difficult to replicate this effect in different locations or even with different people using the machine... read more »

rutherglen

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Best thing I have ever bought!

1.dont have to bend over
2.no cords
3.brilliant suction
4.light easy to carry around
5.easy to charge the battery

Best vacuum cleaner I have ever had and we have had many vacuum cleaners

Melbourne, Victoria

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Awesome and So Powerful

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

This is an amazing machine, excellent on pug hair and cat fluff, oh plus my long hair. It's so handy you can get into those corners, under furniture and the head swivels around, so cool. It's so much easier than my big Dyson DC23 but still love that too. Also very handy to clean your own car.
This is an Excellent Product and I recommend anyone buy this product and the service from Myers Melbourne was excellent. I will purchase more in the future from both Companies.

Purchased at: Myer

• 6 helpful votes

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Changed my life.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

The stick concept has interested me for some time. I’ve finally invested in one and can’t believe how easy it is to use. It is so easy to access and lightweight that I find myself doing a small clean up most days. I live in a 2 bedroom unit and have never had the power run low. I love that it converts to a small, but powerful cleaner for vacuuming the car and furniture. It is more expensive than lost but well worth the cost. I wish I hadn’t delayed buying it. The v8 is very easy to empty. Some of the others seemed harder to me.

Purchased at: Bing Lee

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Dec 2017

So much love for my Dyaon!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2018

Dyson definitely delivers what it promises. Excellent ‘can’t live without’ product and loved by our family. Battery life is good, suctions well, very light, great on carpet and tiles, easy to empty and clean filters. Easy to vacuum car with. Once you go Dyson, you never look back. Highly recommended.

Purchased at: JB Hifi Home

Canberra

Model: Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Great vacuum cleaner

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

I can’t live without this versatile machine. I vacuum twice daily with a 2yo and this makes what is usually an unpleasant chore, almost enjoyable.
Suction is great, easy to clean and is great for my asthmatic household.
It is definitely worth spending the little bit extra on this baby!

Model: Animal Date Purchased: Jan 2018

It's a very good vacuum

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

Great vacuum, light and easy to use. cleans well and we have no regrets.
Very powerful compared to our previous model.
A bit noisy and hair still gets jam in the roller.
I'm very happy with the vacuum. battery charges quicly. Good on carpets, vinyl, wooden floor and tiles. thank you!

1 of 43 pages

Animal

Hi when my hoover is charging/charged should blue lights be on please ?

Marie asked on May 18, 2018

Hi Marie,

Thanks for your question.

As the battery is charged additional blue lights will become illuminated, and when the battery is fully charged the 3 lights will switch off.

If you have any further questions, please email our Dyson experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, the machine's serial number and a description of the issue and we will be happy to help.

Animal

Why is my 2 day old Dyson v8 not holding the charge when not in use only used it on day 1 for bout 10 mins even though it had a full charge of 5 hrs come to use it on day 2 for it to need charging again

Susan T asked on May 17, 2018

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your question. V8 machine have two power modes and they are sold set to the Maximum suction mode. This mode has a 6-7 minute run time. Please switch the silver oval button over to the normal powerful suction mode to extend your run time to 25-40 minutes depending on the floor tool or accessory selected.

If this does not resolve the issue Please email our Dyson experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, the machine's serial number and a description of the issue and we will be happy to help.

Absolute

I’ve purchased V8 absolute last year and it’s fantastic as I’ve two cats. Now I noticed the run times are getting shorter and shorter. I timed it today, it only worked for 4 mins. I used to use it for the whole unit, 2 bedrooms, living room and kitchen. Now I can only vacuum the living room. Is there a way I can have longer times. Do I need to change the battery being a year old? And I always used maximum power.

Doris Brad asked on May 17, 2018

Hi Doris,

Thanks for your question.

The expected run time on the Maximum power mode is up to 7 minutes, and 25 - 40 minutes on the low power mode depending on the floor tool or accessory selected..

There are a few reasons as to why you may be experiencing a shorter run time, and we will be happy to help ascertain why this is occurring and resolve it for you, please email our Dyson experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, a description of the issue and the machine's serial number and we will be happy to help.

www.facebook.com/dyson

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Charging Time 5hours 5hours 5hours
Bin Capacity 0.54L 0.54L 0.54L
HEPA Filter Yes Yes Yes
Weight 2.6kg 2.6kg 2.6kg
Cleaner Head Soft Roller Cleaner Head and Direct Drive Cleaner Head Direct Drive Cleaner Head Soft Roller Cleaner Head and Direct Drive Cleaner Head

The main difference between these models is included cleaner head