LANGWARRIN

• 1 comment

Model: V8 Animal Date Purchased: Apr 2017

best ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

i have always had vacum cleaners with bags,but i purchased my first Dyson and i loved it so i then though about the dyson stick it has the best suction i have ever had in any vacum i would never go back to any other one love Dyson we purchased it from Frankston Havey Norman Staff didnt Know much about it but that was okay we love the product

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer

Model: V8 Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Great performance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2018

My home is open plan and the whole ground floor is white tiles. With a black dog who sheds, as you can imagine I need a good vacuum cleaner. I did the research and decided on the Dyson. I cannot fault the performance of the unit. The smooth velvety type head is awesome on hard floors, and the battery lasts well enough to do all the downstairs floors. Love the additional head for carpets, and the extra tools. Like another reviewer said, it’s a shame there is nowhere to hang the extra tools you get.
A WORD OF WARNING THOUGH - be aware that you have to hold the switch on all the time you are using it. I tried it in the shop, but that in no way prepared me for holding the switch in for the whole time around the house. It really hurt my finger. No one else has mentioned it, so maybe it’s just me. I have fashioned a Velcro strap to hold the switch in, otherwise I would be unable to use it. I feel that this is a major flaw in the design, and despite all the other pluses I regret buying this unit. At over $700 that’s a big regret!

Sydney

• 1 answer

Model: V8 Absolute Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Nice design, good engineering and life-saving experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

I bought this vacuum for the new home and it is absolutely fabulous. It comes with different heads which are applicable to different scenarios. The suction is strong (compared with other cord-free vacuum machines) and the design is beautiful. One thing I feel can be improved is the way you clear the debris, sometimes it can disperse into the air again, but honestly, this percentage is quite small. This one is expensive, I know, but you get what you paid for.

Caulfield South

• 2 answers

Model: V8 Absolute Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Dyson stick vacuum.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

Excellent product and so easy to use. I use nothing but this product in my home. It is light and easy to to move around in my home. I have a large kitchen with vinyl floors, a lounge that is carpeted and a bedroom that is smaller and carpeted. I use it daily

Model: V8 Animal Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Excellent Handheld Vacuum. At a price.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

This is pricey. If you can swallow the cost, you’ll enjoy a great all round vacuum. I have a one bedroom house and a full clean drains that battery 1/3.
It’s easy to manuvure around and super useful for cleaning the car. The small motorised head attachment is unreal for dirt on car floors.

Model: V8 Absolute Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Electric shocks

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

I bought the Dyson V8 Absolute for my daughter at Christmas, unfortunately although she loves it, she got electric shocks when using.
We returned it to QVC who replaced it no problem at all, now the replacement is also giving her and her husband shocks. She has to wear a rubber glove when vacuuming. Not good Dyson for a machine this price.

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Rosie,

Please reach out to our US Dyson Experts via askdysonus@dyson.com and a Dyson Expert will be in touch as soon as possible to assist.

Shan

Model: V8 Animal Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Absolutely happy with the product!
Easy to dissemble and clean
It is a little heavier than prior versions, but it is powerful
Carpet and tiles!
Compact/Easy to store and is actually great to look at too.
I would definitely recommend to friends to buy if on sale.

Expensive but I'm sure it will pay off

Canberra

Model: V8 Absolute Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Best vacuum I have ever bought

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I bought this vacuum cleaner after hearing countless friends tell me how great the cordless Dysons are and decided to get the top of the line one so I wouldn't have to upgrade any time soon. This was one of the best purchases I have ever made. It is extremely easy to use (especially since there's no annoying cord). It has a long battery life and is amazingly powerful for something so small. It cleans better than my old traditional vacuum cleaner. Would definitely recommend!

Newcastle

• 2 helpful votes

Model: V8 Absolute Plus Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Convenient handheld vacuum

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

This is the first Dyson I've owned after only owing corded barrel vacuum cleaner. Initially after buying the stick vacuum, I was a little disappointed by how quickly the battery went flat. I tried cleaning my entire house, a small 2 bedroom house, using the vacuum on the most powerful setting, and got through about 3/4 of my house before the battery needed recharging which takes a few hours. The vacuum did clean very well though, and my carpets were noticeably cleaner. Over the past few months, I have found that I am using the Dyson more frequently but for smaller jobs and Im find this routine much easier than using a barrel vacuum to clean the entire house in one go. When I find a messy area in my house, I take the Dyson off the recharger and clean that area only. Because I don't have to take out the a heavy vacuum, plug it in and drag it around the house, Im finding that Im doing a lot more spot cleaning with the Dyson. I'm really happy with the purchase, I just needed to change my cleaning routine to get the full convenience of the stick vacuum.

Melbourne

Model: V8 Absolute Date Purchased: Feb 2018

Great product. Love it.,

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I am very happy with this product. Very easy to use and clean. So convenient to stroage. I can put anywhere I want with out taking to much place. Bagless that I can save a lot by buying a bag. The suction is great. I have tiles and carpet. I can easily clean both of them just simply changing the head. It’s light weight and easy to maneuver.

Purchased at: Dyson

Model: V8 Animal Date Purchased: Jan 2018

Perfect vacuum

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

This vacuum is really good at lifting dirt from carpet. Vacuum is very light and easy to maneuver around the house and gets under the coach etc well. I use it mainly on my hard wood floor which is a pretty large space and battery lasts quite awhile which is handy

Mount Gravat Eastt

Model: V8 Absolute Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Too easy to lean now

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Great performance and suction. the handle is ergonomic. Very light ; reasonable noise...expect loud noise from turbo setting. We use it to clean our tables and surrounding area regularly. A bit too small(smaller surface area) if using it to clean a whole living area. great for quick clean for properties and cars

• 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: V8 Absolute Date Purchased: Jul 2017

I do love my Dyson!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

I am very happy with my Dyson I don't think if vacuum as much as what I would do with the cordless Dyson. The only thing that I would say I don't like is that after 5 mins the dirt stops spinning around in the barrel which makes the motor a bit hot and I'm scared it will blow it up so I'm constantly emptying it in one vacuum other than that I'm in love with it.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Dyson Official

Hi Stacey, Thank you for reviewing your machine. I am pleased to hear you are happy with your machine. Please be assured it is normal for the dust in your machine to not spin all the time, part... read more »

Okay thank you for that I just didn't want it to blow up but makes life a lot easier knowing that it's normal

Melbourne

Model: V8 Absolute Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Best purchase of my life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Absolutely love this dyson. It is so easy to use and makes it so quick to clean up the whole house is five minutes. suction is strong and it cleans very well. also all parts are detachable, so easy to take apart and clean. customer service is fantastic- once had a question about it, called them up and spoke to a real person within 2 minutes. best purchase

Model: V8 Absolute Date Purchased: Dec 2017

***Almost*** Enjoyable ;)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

I hate to broom/ sweep or vacuum; pretty much anything in the cleaning arena. Its battery life delivers the full 40 mins advertised it does its thing and mounts easily on the wall. Found getting it apart very difficult the first time and then a breeze after that. I like not having cords all around the house. It is relatively quiet in comparison to the old piece of crap we use to have. I recommend any of the Dyson brands we run accommodation and have several different cabins with a few varieties. Good stuff! Happy Days!

Verified Purchase Model: V8 Absolute Date Purchased: Nov 2017

Can’t live without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

I love this vacuum. Quiet, long running time. No cords to get tangled in. Suction is good, also has max suction mode but to be honest I don’t use it much as the normal suction is adequate. Great on hard floors, lots of attachments which are all helpful - a bit annoyed that the attachments for this stick vacuum and my other Dyson (corded vacuum and small hand held vacuum) are not compatible. These vacuum are not cheep but the quality is far superior to other brands. Pleasure to use, very maneuverable. Quick and easy to use, empty clean etc. and no ongoing cost with bags etc.

Verified Purchase Model: V8 Absolute Date Purchased: Oct 2016

It's a dyson

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Great handheld stick vacuum, great suction and plenty of battery life after every recharge for the whole house. Would be great if it was cheaper but at the end of the day the quality of it is worth it. I was happy with it so purchased another for the parents.

Adelaide

Model: V8 Absolute Date Purchased: Oct 2017

A must have for family

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Firstly, this is great cordless vacuum — keyword, cordless. It can run for 40 minutes on a single charge. That goes down to 25 with the motorized tool, and down to 7 minutes on “max mode.” I wish that the battery lasted longer. If you live in a larger apartment or house, you’re probably better off with an upright vacuum.
The new soft roller cleaner head works well for hardwood floors, but on corners. While I love all of the accessories, I hate that the provided mount only provides room to hang two of the attachments. I would prefer if an additional mount was available for purchase.

Verified Purchase Model: V8 Animal Date Purchased: Oct 2017

So easy to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Suction is great, good mobility to get under couch/dinner table and I get enough charge to do my small 3br house. The motorised head is a great addition and always fills up the vacuum with so much dust, hair etc. The only minor inconvenience is I vacuum in anger, throwing it all over the place. Cables will easily get sucked up and into the motor head but come out pretty easily again.

Perth

• 1 helpful vote

Model: V8 Absolute Date Purchased: May 2016

My house hasn't been soo clean before!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Used for 2 years now. Great little vacuum cleaner. The battery life doesn't last too long but we are okay with it because our house is not soo big. When the battery runs out its time for a break anyway. Hate having to clean the head of hair. I wish the animal head came standard as this head does not have problems with hair getting stuck!

1 of 37 pages

V8 Absolute

I have been using my new v8 for the past week, have had no problems until today - when I press the power button I get an electric shock in my hand , not a big one but a constant shock until I let go of the button. It don’t hurt me but it’s not what is supposed to happen . Has anyone else had this issue?

Rachel w asked on Feb 15, 2018

Answer this

I haven't had any issues. Considering most part of the body is made up of plastics, it is so strange to have the electrical shock. I suggest you contact your local reseller or call Dyson people immediately.

I have been getting this as well! My Dyson is less than a year old. I have tried tried all of the things mentioned by Dyson below but nothing helps. I suggest that this could be a design flaw and something needs to be done by the manufacturer. Maybe a small rubber bung that you can place into the hole during use that attaches to the handle? What do you think Mr. Dyson?

V8 Animal

I have a Dyson V8 animal. When I am cleaning I using it I get shocks from the charging port. Is there any way to prevent this?

Jo E asked on Feb 14, 2018

Hi Jo,

Thanks for your question.

This sounds like it is occurring from a build up of static. Static build up occurs with friction, in this case it can be the friction of high speed dust against surfaces inside the machine, and friction from certain floor surfaces.

Certain carpet fibers and low humidity and increase the likelihood of static build up. It can be reduced by increasing the indoor humidity, having moisturized rather than dry hands when using the machine and changing the type of footwear or socks that are worn while vacuuming.

As this is specific to the environment it can be very difficult to replicate this effect, in different locations and so the above tips can help on the unlikely event that this re-occurs.

If we can assist further, please reach out to our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com

Shan
Facebook.com/Dyson

This has happened to me too but will try the above

V8 Absolute

My handy man did not put the wall mount correctly and I need to take the charger socket out from the wall mount. It's very secured and I cannot pull out. How can I take this out?

Koko L asked on Feb 13, 2018

Hi Koko,

Thank you for your question.

After removing the docking station from the wall push the charger pin in and away from yourself with your two thumbs. It does require a bit of force however you should be able to dislodge it.

If not please contact our helpline on 1800 239 766 and one of our experts can assist you further. Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and on the weekend 8.30am-4pm.

Samuel
Facebook.com/Dyson

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Charging Time 5hours 5hours 5hours
Bin Capacity 0.54L 0.54L 0.54L
HEPA Filter Yes Yes Yes
Weight 2.6kg 2.6kg 2.6kg
Cleaner Head Soft Roller Cleaner Head and Direct Drive Cleaner Head Direct Drive Cleaner Head Soft Roller Cleaner Head and Direct Drive Cleaner Head

The main difference between these models is included cleaner head