Don't know what i would do without Etax!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

I have been using Etax for a few years now and I am very happy with their service! I have a lot of trouble deciphering what needs to go where and they do all the hard work for you! I think its worth every cent!

Fantastic and so time saving

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Absolute easiness and time saving doing my tax this way especially when i dont have the time to head into town to the accountants! So fast and easy to use. Will definatly be using again! Thank you

Just hugely inconsistent

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

The amount for my tax return kept on changing. Even at the time of the final lodgement the displayed return was some 3000 dollars less than what I had to pay. Every time I contacted eTax I would speak to a different tax accountant. It was enormously frustrating I will never use them again.

Fast and easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

This is very straight forward ,easy to use.with your step by step guide . It makes it so quick and easy

Verified Customer

They made it so simple and easy. Saved me time. Love this service and I am loyal.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Don't change a thing. Keep up the convenient courteous service. I feel like Etax are my personal financial tax secretary. Always easier then what I expected.

Very easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Most people are scared of all things tax but excellent procedure and will continue to use as will my husband

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Easy step by step process online to complete. Now waiting for the application to be processed. Hoping the information is efficient enough. I am concerned I have completed the application to be rejected the amount that was assessed and I was told in writing on last page if the application.

Super Satisfied

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

I have used Etax for several years now. They are always quick to respond to enquiries, are reasonably priced, and have the best interest of the ciient in mind. Very happy with Etax again!

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Thanks very much Sheli! See you next time! :)

This is great!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

I can't believe that I haven't used etax before. It was so simple and easy. I will always be using them in the future. No need to take time off work to make an appointment to see a tax agent and no more paying costly Tax Agent fees for something that I can now do online myself. Thank you

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Thanks for choosing Etax this year Lee! We are so pleased to receive your feedback and we hope to see you back in 2019 :)

Etax Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

Etax was Quick and easy! It was easy to use and straight forward. I will definitely use it again next year.

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Thanks Wilba!

Makes life easy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Im not great with paperwork, this website made it easy and straightforward. The prefill option was very helpful. I would recommend this to others.

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Thanks for your review Tee :)

easy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

I cant speak English very well but I am trying my best. Doing my tax return on Etax was easy.

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Thanks Pisa!

Great and very convenient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

Ex tax accountants was an absolute life saver, after missing the deadline for personal lodges and not having a tax agent nearby, this is just what I needed!!

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Glad we could help Candice! We hope to see you back next year!

E-Tax is easy and quick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

Very efficient, helpful and professional service.
I have been using Etax for a few returns now and Etax makes doing tax returns so easy.

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Thanks for choosing Etax Deb!

Much easier than I thought

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

You have done a great job in making tax time an easier experience, thank you. I like how much of the form is already populated from last year, saves a lot of time.

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Thanks for giving us 5 stars Jane! Much appreciated :)

The BEST and EASIEST way to do your tax

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

Simple and easy to do. I receive excellent refunds. The most I have ever gotten back. The amount etax charges, you get back next tax year as it's tax deductible. I highly recommend these people, I'm very happy with them.

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Thanks for sharing your experience Jay T!

So Easy!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

I found this process simple to follow and easy to use. The layout is straight forward and there 8s help throughout, if required. Thank you.

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Thanks for your review Sammy J!

On line is perfect and the response is very quick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Etax are great. Easy to use and prompt in responding to questions. The requirements for my return are dealt with with ease

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Cheers Jo!

Hervey Bay, Queensland

• 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Steal from the poor and give to the rich Etax Accountants.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

Every year I have downloaded the etax app from the ATO and done my own tax online. This year I put into the internet search engine "ATO Etax". Not realizing the first entry on the search engine was Etax Accountants and thinking I was on the ATO web site, fill out and lodged my return.
My big mistake.
Being unemployed and paying $20 tax a fortnight out of my Centrelink entitlement was expecting all the tax I had paid back.
Now Etax Accountants, being very honest people and clearly realizing while doing my tax, that I had been unemployed for the full year, decided to take an extra $30.40.
In filling out my tax return did I ever see any fees listed.
After submission to the ACCC and complaining to Etax Accountants, they have promised to refund $30.40

Standard fee is $68.90 if you pay upfront. If you choose the Fee From Refund option an additional fee of $27.50 is charged, so your total fee is $96.40.
Low-Income fee of $38.50 if you pay upfront. If you choose the Fee From Refund option an additional fee of $27.50 is charged, so your total fee is $66.00.

As stated above. Never did I, when filling out my tax on their web site was any fees listed and clearly was overcharged.

Will make sure that I am on the ATO government web site in the future.

Minus 5 Stars for Etax Accountants.

First time user, wish I knew about it earlier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

This is the first time I'm using Etax. It's so much better and cost effective than expensive accountants I've used in the past who didn't really help me get the best out of my tax return.

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Thanks very much for sharing your feedback Hilda! You'll find Etax even easier to use next year now that you've used us once! We're so glad you found us and hope to see you back for your next tax return :)

1 of 107 pages

Why doesn’t your Accountant reveal there names, each time they send a message?

Bimbo Hater asked on Oct 19, 2018

Are all claims reviewed by accountants or only those requested to be reviewed? Are we required to upload receipts somehow? There are some such as log books that are cumbersome.

aldebaran3003 asked on Sep 22, 2018

Answer this

Hi Aldebaan3003,

Great questions!

Our accounting team reviews all of the information on a tax return, the same way that an accountant would if you visited them face to face. Except we’re online and easier, with no appointments! We check the income, deductions, private health and any other sections that are specific to you. Like any good tax agent, we also check ATO data and try to detect problems that can slow down tax refunds or lead to ATO issues.

We’ll sometimes ask questions to clarify a particular claim or item on the return, or to confirm you have evidence to support your claims – and it’s easy to upload your receipts right inside your Etax return.

If something looks out of place, we may ask you to upload copies of logbooks so we can ensure it’s claimed correctly before lodgement to the ATO. It’s our job to ensure you get the best possible refund while sticking within ATO rules and laws.

If you need help as you go, you can also just select our live chat option from the bottom right of your tax return where you’ll be connected directly to an accountant who can help you fill out any bits you need help with. Or, if you finish entering your details and you have some question or an item left over, you can just enter that at the very bottom of your Etax return – an accountant will help get it done right.

We hope to see you soon at Etax Accountants.

Kind Regards,
Etax Accountants

My teenage daughter did her tax this year with etax - she is working a gap year before uni - and it was an easy and smooth process. However now she is getting asked to approve tax returns from previous years for after school jobs - where the refund is $10 and the fee is $95! She didn't request this service - why would you target school age kids who don't owe tax as they earned less than the threshold?

Julia S M asked on Sep 17, 2018

Answer this

Hi Julia,

We're sorry for any confusion about those emails. Please let us clarify. As we are listed as your daughter's tax agent, we are legally required to get in touch with her about any tax return that has not been lodged to the ATO - no matter how big or small the refund amount is. In any year that someone earns income and pays tax, the ATO expects them to lodge a tax return. If they do not, they appear on a list of "overdue clients" which we then have a responsibility as a tax agent to forward to each client.

Your daughters circumstances are unusual to most of the clients we're contacting about these returns and we'd like to take a look and see whether there's anything we can do to help get her affairs up to date without and financial burden she's currently facing. Could you or your daughter please email us on Feedback@etax.com.au with her full name and the email address she registered with. We'll then be able to find her in our system and follow up personally with a solution she's happy with.

Kind Regards,
Etax Accountants

Hi Julia, My involvement with Etax has in the past raised some problematic questions. From what I see of the answer they have offered, it seems that the completion of the 2018 return has raised questions about previous years where she might have earned. May I suggest that you simply reply to Etax with details of the type of earning jobs she did in those years and the approximate earnings so the tax dept. can get their records straight. Not every young person continues at school and does small jobs so the Tax Dept assume that they are working until advised differently. Help them get their "ducks in a row" and that should be the end of it. Best of luck.
Dennis (no relationship with the Tax office or Etax, just use them myself).

We have had same the problem with etax, but now bills for previous years, where a tax return didn't need to be lodged. Very small refunds with bills of $95. They scared her by saying she would be fine by the tax office.
Regards Leigh