Date Purchased: Oct 2017

Thank you lord from a grateful but not quite dead yet muso!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2017

Having spent the better part of my professional life in the world of music recording as well various bands as well DJ-ing, after awhile your ears get pounded along with various instrumentation. My ears were basically wasted to put it abruptly!
Faced with the daunting conclusion my musical existence/life would be spent relying on hearing aids in the average price range of thousands of dollars I was getting quite despondent with my future as a muso/DJ.

Until a very dear friend got me to try out a pair of these rare & rather wonderful little things, -what can I say other than PRICELESS! My life is renewed, now after a long sweaty session throwing vinyl beats down onto the mat in various nightclubs my ears no longer ring for 6hours after a gig. My studio sessions are refreshingly crisp without the unnecessary jangle of nerves that tend to be the outcome associated with heavy metal hip-hop style sound sessions.
Thankyou nuheara I am forever in your debt you have not only saved my ears but you've instilled new confidence in this modern Beethoven-esque musician utterly reliant on a life of music and composition, may you go on giving to the unenlightened -if the peeps only knew just how great your product is, and hopefully in time they will, Greg Howie musician.

Canberra

Date Purchased: May 2017

Wind noise decreasing and Custom Tap Touch make for an excellent experience!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2017

On this piece of technology, there is excellent speech optimisation and impressive music streaming. Due to the predominantly negative reviews on this page I wasn't expecting much when I purchased them but boy, was I pleasantly surprised! The Nuheara IQbuds also have good battery life fully functional, customisable sound settings.

Very average

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2017

Lacking in bass, very complicated tap system to work the functions, software not very simple to use and can't find where the bass boost is? The worst part is the bluetooth drops out when cycling. Also if not put into the case the earbuds go flat. Not to mention the very slow and complicated charging system. As i paid so much for them I want them to work, but seriously they don't sound very good and drop out.

Purchased at: Online Computer

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Bad airpod clone

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

The build quality on these headphones is so bad that I had to be careful when pulling them out of my ears so they did not break. The sound quality is not very good and they lack bass and sound very tinny. The Bluetooth pairing was good however. Overall they were not very good.

Purchased at: Amazon

Brisbane

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Good Earbuds but poor Bluetooth connectivity and not brilliant fro hearing Impaired

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Yes I have a hearing impairment so bear that in mind when reading this review. When using the device as a simple bluetooth ear bud whilst watching videos on a tablet, they are great. Listening to music while walking around - not so good as they continually drop out. This is likely to be caused by the low power bluetooth used - great for battery life, not so good for phone connection from pocket to ears. Battery life seems to be quite good.
Noise cancelling is reasonably effective and nice to be able to adjust using a smartphone. The speech amplification is not so good, it sounds like you are hearing voices down a long tube. I have adjusted mine to compensate for my hearing loss and, whilst not expecting performance to rival my hearing aids, I cannot honestly say these are useful in medium/high noise environments.
Comfort in ear is also an issue but mainly if you use for them for long periods...I find that at about the hour mark, I get sore ears no matter which size "grommet" I use.
Hands free use with the phone is quite good although the mics seem to be overly sensitive so the other party can find it hard to understand you at times.

LA

Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Very Bad Bluetooth Connectivity & Stability

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

Very bad Bluetooth connection problems. When phone is in pocket continuously drops out. Very disappointed for a product of this price range. Seems to be an ongoing issue with IQBuds with such a serious fault for wireless headphones, Bluetooth connectivity/stability is critical. A known fault with this product and would not recommend. Will be returning ASAP Also battery does not stay charged when idle for more than 2 days. All other functions of these is pure gimmick unless you have serious hearing difficulties and then I suggest you get a hearing aid.

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Same technology as the Sensear product but smaller and marketed in an ear bud.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

The people on the board in this Company and the engineers that developed the product are the same people who developed the Sensear Communication Head Sets. My bet is that they have inserted the same noise cancelling algorithm chip technology that is contained in the Sensear Headsets, into the Nuheara buds. in saying that, these buds will not assist you if you have more than mild to moderate hearing loss if they have used the same chip technology. I note some have said in their posts here, that they experienced drop out in an ear piece and returned the product, this is the same issue I experienced with a set of Sensear Ear Plugs developed by the same people. I would have expected them to fix this teething issue before bringing it to market, considering their previous experience building and selling the Sensear ear plugs. Anyway, like any new product, their will be some technical issues. I hope they havent pushed this product into the market too quickly without doing rigorous and proper product testing in order to iron out faults?

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Didn't work for me but great returns policy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

I ordered on line and found the left one kept falling out no matter what bud I chose. The 30 day return policy meant I got all my money back and customer service was excellent so no reason not to give it a go, just use a lot straight away and return if not suitable within 30 days. I also didn't like that firmware updates have to be through a computer cannot do on a tablet or phone. I also didn't find they improved my hearing and weren't loud enough or noise cancelling enough for me to listen to movies in comfort while on the treadmill at the gym. Maybe you will have better luck tweaking the settings.

Purchased at: Online Computer

Needs Improvement

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

Initially impressed with iqbuds but after some use have discovered some flaws in particular limited bluetooth range and low battery life vs what is advertised in my experience. A good product but maybe not living up tp the price tag afterall. Look forward to the next model to be released to fix the problems.

Sydney

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Do not do what they claim. No sound amplification

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

These are simply wireless noise cancelling earbuds with very good music streaming sound. Sent first pair back under warranty after many discussions with support line because I could not get any sound amplification. i.e. other than different noise cancelling (e.g. on plane, very good) which impacts background noise, they don't actually amplify (say) conversations, despite this repeated claim in their material. I presume amplification means 'play something through a speaker.' You hear streaming sound (e.g. music, which is very good) through the earbuds, everything else as per normal, with the buds lowering background noise. At the same time, however, you have a constant low level electronic hum (same as with noise cancelling headphones) like a white noise filter.
After tech convinced me they in fact amplified sound and I must have a faulty pair I waited with some anticipation for the replacement set. Exactly the same.
They do not do what they claim, and I suspect will not be long before someone takes them to task for false advertising.
I'm giving them a 2, and keeping them, because the music playing and noise cancelling quality is very good. They just don't do anything to amplify speech, despite their clear advertising to that effect

• 11 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

Bluetooh connection is the worse compared to other ear buds

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2017

Have to say Bluetooth connection is the main complaint, It got disrupted way too easy. I have compared it with other pair of mine and friend of mine too, iqbuds connectivity is just too weak. The two pairs I compared with they both got more than 10m range of reception without disruption at all! but iqbuds can easily cut out even within one meter!

Battery life just ok last about 2-3 hours on average use

In terms of sound quality I will give it a 3.5 star

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Poor product for hearing impaired

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

I was very hopeful to get my mum a set of aids that would help her in Face Time or Skype with friends and family all over the world. Unfortunately, it was OK to listen to music but absolutely hopeless in improving hearing when communicating either personally or through Skype etc. This is really disappointing as it is what the IQbuds have been touting. My mum and I waited 3 months in anticipation for nothing!!!!!

Excellent product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

I received these as a birthday gift. They are fantastic in sound quality and technology. They don't fit my ears very well but do come with a range of different sized plugs and have foam ones as an alternative which are much better but still not a perfect fit. The charging case in a great idea and works awesomely and they last a good Amount of time. Highly recommend but just be aware if you have small ears or a small ear canal you may have issues.

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Satisfying purchase

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

Excellent headsets for the airplane Don't expect audiophile quality sound - I would suggest these to anyone as they are very comfortable and portable and for the price, it is a really good value compared to other triple A companies. If you are considering to buy this product for yourself or a gift it would be perfect as more people are adopting Bluetooth headphones and these are excellent way to start.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes

damned impressive!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Finally found relieve for my tone deafness, and working as a barman these hit the spot! Great listening devices for music too by the way. I take them everywhere with me esp to the gym where even in a boxing workout these stay in -NO PROBLEMO! BEST things ever invented.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Amazing for the hearing impaired

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2017

I have peripheral deafness due to a misspent youth. These have helped me overcome the social awkwardness of not being involved in conversation. I find phone calls clear and have had no issues with the other person missing anything I've said. When I play music the sound is comparable to my bose headphones.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Canberra

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2017

Extremely satisfying experience, especially to be able to communicate in noisy places, good sound

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

I saw this in Indiegogo but did not purchase until recently where I bought 2 buds from Nuheara. Since then I use them everyday at work. It's amazing how much noise cuts out in music mode and how well the voice is amplified in restaurant or home or other modes. Sound is good for music, certainly better than many products I have tried, when I really want to enjoy only music I use my B&W C5 II. I also have B&O H5. They are just as expensive but they only do music and calls where as IQBuds does something more and distinct, voice amplification. Which is why I love IQBuds. Especially at work I comfortably wear them over 6 hours a day while I am working (mind you need to charge them in between). With one tap I can hear everyone around me and one tap I can cut everyone out. Love that feature especially when I am concentrating. i have two IQBuds and both pairs work perfectly. no issues so far working great. I use IQBuds where I want to hear only what I want to hear. I am glad I bought these, now I can clearly hear and continue my conversations in noisy places like pub or restaurant.

I read some people here and elsewhere saying they having issues, some people saying the technology itself is useless and some are simply frustrated for not being able to enjoy their buds as they couldn't configure or figure out how to use. IQbuds are heavily praised and awarded as the best in the market for what it promises to deliver and it is a startup company with high ambitions.

May be some use to required, bit of watching of how to videos on Nuheara website might help them I guess. if all didn't work then you should return that faulty pair and get another one. Talk about quality control, I have iPhone 7 plus jet black and I returned twice (one- speaker stopped working, second- screen shade). If it's faulty it's faulty but that doesn't mean the product itself is bad is my belief. I love my phone so as my buds.

Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Really Bad.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

I got my iQbuds 3 weeks ago. Sold them on ebay for $250. I'm an early adopter of tech and frequently trial different things just for fun. The EQ setting are counter intuitive as are the SYNC (noise cancelling) feature settings. And seriously WTH using 'SYNC' a common term in tech for noise cancelling. The concept is great but the application into the user interface and attempted 'dumbing' down of what could be great features seriously lets this product down! I was hopeful. And I gave them two weeks to really test them out. But no. Oh and I sold my shares in ASX: NUH as well.

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2017

Absolutely perfect! Cannot live without them -my new best friends esp when working as a barman in a nightclub who has tone deafness.

to wit -johnny depps twitter account last week was asking if anyone could recommend shares for him to buy because of all his financial problems. My twitter post was the first recommending Nuheara "as a serious way for him with which to improve his finances with great rewards on offer and at the moment was only worth 6-7cents -except that it WAS an australian company", all before 100, 000 other twitterers replied recommending their own stocks. it was only up for about an hour before suddenly being taken down for some mysterious reason?

Ballarat

Date Purchased: May 2017

Off the Richter Scale in Goodness!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2017

I've had my IQbuds for over a week now. Yesterday was my first 'enduro' test for this product.
Started listening to music on Spotify (music mode) whilst stacking our winter firewood. Phone was in my vest top pocket, no drop out at all. My wife came to talk to me, couldn't hear a word of course. One tap on left. Music off. Chatted a while then she left - one tap, music back on. Son came by - one tap on right for 'Home mode' and one tap on left to continue music play and I could hear every word he said with music still playing.What a great function. It is weird/unusual though (in a good way) to have music blaring and you can hear someone speaking to you - normally it's - 'what, what, hang on, just wait!' - That is all a thing of the past now.

Back in the recharge unit over Lunch.
Moved to planting trees. Lost track of time. 2 taps on left. Google Assistant kicks in, I then ask, "what time is it'' the answer comes straight back. Bucketed down with rain and decided to keep them in. I got soaked. No problems.
Finished off on my spin bike - now here's where I made a surprise discovery. My Google Pixel was about a metre or so away on a bench. I double tapped and said "play next song'' - Google Assistant replies – ‘OK’ and proceeds to play the next song!
I wasn't expecting such brilliant functionality between the IQbuds and Google Assistant.

Music quality? - For such a small device, excellent with good bass.
Fit? - Fits well. Some movement when sweating, had to readjust a couple of times (no different to my old cable earphones). They remained firm in my ear all day and there was no feeling of them being loose.
Just as one reviewer commented; there's a learning curve involved. I'm still learning.
Well worth the money, if not to be rid of tangled earphone cables, which drove me to distraction!

1 of 2 pages