Skyscanner helped best jet rip off customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2019

How can you recommend Best Jet and you make it so hard to contact you I see another customer has the same problem and you tell them to contact Support but cannot find it I have used Skyscanner many times and obviously got lucky avoid this mob as they don't care

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Wayne, I'm sorry you've been having trouble getting in touch with us through our Help Site. One of our Skyscanner team members has just sent you an email. Please let me know if you have not received it.
Best,
Chantae

Sydney, NSW

Verified Customer

Think twice before using their service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

I was searching flight ticket through your website and bought 4 return air tickets through Trip.com on 14 Jan 2019). It came to my attention our name sequence incorrect. Our surname recorded as our given name and given name recorded as our surname Including an extra "a" in my given name.

Following their instruction immediately forwarded copy of our current passports.

We received an email 9:55pm (AEST) from Trip.com and offered two options
i) A fee of CNY 1270 (AU$ 261) for names change before 7 pm Beijing time.
ii) A fee of CNY 770 (AU$ 158) for cancellation for each person before 11 pm Beijing time.

During our telephone conversation Trip.com refused to accept and advised would cost CNY 1270 for individual name change and advised to consider cheaper option to cancel our booking. So I requested to cancel and advised money to be transferred to our credit card which they agreed. Immediate after I received a phone call from Trip.com and offered CNY 770 for individual name change instead of CNY 1270. They sent me the additional payment instructions which had given 15 mins to pay (4 people). Unfortunately after forwarding all information my given name remain incorrect. They advised us to wait for airline’s approval, other hand refused extended the cancelation time or assurance for no further additional fee.
So to avoid further conflict sent a formal request for cancellation of our reservation before 11 pm Beijing time (email sent at 1:25 am AEST).
Response to my cancellation request they forwarded an email and refused to refund.
All above was occurred within 24 hours of purchasing the ticket. They were so inconsistent and had no idea what communication and correspondence previous agent made.

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Sukanta, Thank you for getting in touch and letting us know what has happened regarding your name and booking. Could you please let our Help Team know what has happened so that we can look into... read more »

Broadbeach

• 1 comment
Private message

You don’t always get what you want

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Check check check
They advised we were flying with a particular airline
And we end up after checking the FINE print with a totally different airline that we definitely would not fly with
And now apparently we’re stuck with these flights

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi there, At Skyscanner, we do not make bookings ourselves. We are a flight search engine that compares thousands of different flights. It sounds like you have purchased a flight from one airline ... read more »

I screen shot the fine print in regards to the flights
2 over to Greece
2 home

1 flight scoot
3 flights DEFINITELY with Singapore airline
If you can fix this as YOU have miss represented this issue

Skyscanner Official

Hi, Thank you for clarifying. Could you please send these screenshots to https://help.skyscanner.net/hc/en-gb/requests/new so that we can take a closer look? - Chantae

skyscanner links to scam travel companies

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Skyscanner directed me to purchase a ticket from BestJet- a scam website that took my money with booking a flight

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Adam, I'm so sorry to hear you've been affected by BestJet going into administration. Could you please contact our Help Team so that we can help you on what steps to take next? Here is a little... read more »

Sky scanner can no longer be trusted

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

I have used sky scanner multiple times over the last year or so for both international and domestic flights. I continued using the site because I trusted them, until my most recent experience. I was directed from sky scanner to bestjet to purchase a return flight from canberra to Bangkok. The quoted fare on Emirates was $690. I then proceeded to pay with my credit card. I never received my ticket and after checking my bank statement I discovered that I was charged an additional $1000. So in total I was charged $1691. I have now learnt that bestjet has gone bust and I have no ticket and seemingly no way of having my money refunded. I trusted skyscanner but no longer. If you want to lose your money visit a casino instead.

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Chakola, I'm very sorry to hear that you've been affected by BestJet going into administration. We completely understand your frustration and the stress that this must have caused. Could you ple... read more »

Perth

• 3 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Bestjet scams and sky scanner failure

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

Bestjet collapsed on the 18th December,2018. Thousands of people found bestjet through skyscanner search engine. The company can not avoid the responsibility as bestjet had problems with its reputation. they were cheating with customers but skyscanner simply avoid it just to make profit.

Skyscanner did not use the rating system properly. I bought the ticket from best jet through skyscanner. I found them through the search engine . they pur bestjet.com in number one position . that's why most people got deceived and bought ticket.

bestjet was about to collapse on the 28th October,2018. but skyscanner still used them as default travel agency and placed them in the front page. more things are coming out regarding bestjet scam.

skyscanner can not avoid the responsibility of such scam. they should know the reputation and act on it. skyscanner should be liable as well because its a financial loss for the customers.

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Sharowar, Thank you for getting in touch. We are sorry that you’ve been affected by BestJet going into administration. Could you please contact our Support team who can hopefully give you the ... read more »

skyscammer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

i have been a victim of using this skyscanner site, please don't use skyscanner or rather call them skyscammer. They are joint third party travel agent with bestjet which is now in bankrupt and put on administration. a lot of people have lost the money and flight for the holiday journey because of this site.

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Frances, We’re sorry that you’ve been affected by BestJet going into administration and we our Help Team is here for you. Here is a little more information about what has happened regarding Bes... read more »

Great job done by finding best flights

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

The site gives Spot on pricing,it met all the needs of our family.
Best site I've found to date.

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Choppa,
Thanks for the five stars! We hope you and your family have happy travels! - Chantae

Love Skyscanner

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

Is has the whole package! It finds the lowest prices and is very easy to use. Is my number 1 option when booking flights.

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Nahiret, Thanks for taking the time to stop over and leave us a great review! We’re happy to know you find Skyscanner helpful. - Chantae

• 1 comment

Scammer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2019

Hello!
Please don’t use skyscanner or rather call them skyscammer. They do the organise a crime through 3rd party travel agents. You put your bank details and they will be compromised sooner or later!
I bought a ticket through skyscanner 10 days ago and they directed me to travel genio ( partner in crime) they deducted $592 instead of $575 on first occasion. I was upset but okay but now 10 days later mine banking details were leaked and compromised in result of wiping my credit card by $1600. Bank knew straight away when called them and explained them. Only one suggestion just book a flight through direct airline!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Jassingh, Thank you for getting in touch. We are really concerned to hear about your experience with Travelgenio. Could you please let our Help Team know that this has happened? Please include y... read more »

Verified Customer

Quickest and cheapest way to find flights

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

Very accurate pricing, saved me hundreds of dollars, even other travel agents couldn't compete with their prices, got the best possible value for the flight I wanted.

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Aussie Traveler, Thanks for the five stars! We’re glad that you find Skyscanner easy to use for great value flights. - Chantae

Friends of Bestjet scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

I booked with Bestjet tickets for Italy because that travel agent had almost 5 stars and having booked before through Skyscanner I trusted your rating system. I will never do that again! My tickets were cancelled by the travel agent without my consent and refunded to them but the company went into administration so who knows when and if I'm going to get my money back? Where is your "obsession for quality" when you say "We provide quality ratings for airlines and travel agents that enable you to make an informed choice before you book"? Just all false and untrue! Shame on you guys, I and all the other people that fell into that hole will never book through you again and we'll do all that we can to let people know to stay away from your website!

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Stefano, Thank you for your comment. We are very sorry to hear that you’ve been impacted by BestJet going into administration. Our Help Team is here for you to advise you on what steps to take n... read more »

Terrible - Skyscanner helped bestjet rip people off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

Skyscanner is appalling. Despite years of complaints about Bestjet’s dodgy practices, Skyscanner kept giving them business. I’m trying to help a friend who found a cheap ticket on Bestjet through Skyscanner back in September. Without her knowing, Bestjet cancelled the ticket and she ended up having to buy a new ticket for an additional $2800. If it wasn’t for Skyscanner’s endorsement of Bestjet she wouldn’t have even heard of them. I’ve been looking online and found people have been complaining about bestjet for years.
Does anyone know how to get Skyscanner to take responsibility for their part in this fiasco?
I would never use them in future.

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Rosemac, Thank you for getting in touch. I’m sorry to hear that your friend has been affected by BestJet going into administration. Could you please have your friend get in touch with our Help ... read more »

Worst search Engine

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

This is the worst search engine as to speak as allowing fraud and scammers like BESTJET to advertise on their page and didn't even refund me my money. I am a student here in Australia and i have no money left to go back home. These people are inconsiderate. I am literally stuck here in this country. I would recommend all the people reading this to go to airline directly it would cost you a few bucks extra but you will get everything confirmed on spot.

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Sheikh, Thank you for getting in touch and I’m sorry to hear that your flights have been cancelled by BestJet. We completely understand how frustrating this must be. Our Support Team is here to ... read more »

Best out there

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2018

The website was so easy to use and price was so good. I use skyscanner every time I travel.
I've used it in rushed situations in Thailand and South America.

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Dreezy77, Thanks for the four stars! We're glad to know you find Skyscanner helpful even in those last-minute flights. - Chantae

I just used Skyscanner again to book my April Philippines and Thailand holiday. Can't wait.

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Bestjet's evil friend

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2018

Skyscanner is as bad as bestJet, i am curious about the top-review for Bestjet shown on the website of Skyscanner. Bestjet has lost their accreditation since 2016, but Skyscanner still ranks them on the top peak one agency while default booking. Skyscanner is supposed to be a part of this joke !

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Jay, It sounds like you may have been affected by BestJet going into administration.If you haven't already, could you please contact our Help Team so that they can advise you on the next steps?... read more »

wollongong

Nightmare before Christmas

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2018

im very disappointed because i booked a flight with bestjet through skyscanner and they took my money (1400$) and don't give me any ticket.
skyscanner denies any help and responsibility.
do not trust absolutely!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Stefano, I'm very sorry that you are having trouble getting a ticket and refund following BestJet going into administration. Have you gotten in touch with our Help Team? If not, please contact u... read more »

Horrible Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2018

Don’t use skyscanner - go to a travel agent or airline direct. We were directed to Bestjet via skyscanner. Bestjet were a deregistered travel agent at the time and have subsequently gone into administration. We are now 4K in the hole and our travel plans are in ruins.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi SG19, I'm sorry to hear that you've been affected by the BestJet's collapse. We know how stressful this situation must be. Could you please get in touch with our Help Team? You can find more inf... read more »

Brisbane

• 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Bestjet insolvency nightmare

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

I’m giving Skyscanner 2 stars only because they have responded to people’s posts in a very caring manner. However, how they could have Bestjet in their search engine is incomprehensible! Bestjet lost their license, had appallingly reviews and still rated 4 star on Skyscanner site. I’ve learnt my lesson with plenty of others, I’ll never book again using Skyscanner search and will deal with the airline directly. Not a very merry Christmas for many their customers.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Millypilly, Thank you for contacting us and we completely understand how frustrating this must be for you -- especially during the holiday season. If you haven't already, could you please cont... read more »

Skyscanner endorsing scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

Booked a flight through BestJet who by Skyscanner were highly recommended more than almost all other agents. Their supposedly impartial reviews showed 4.5 out of 5 stars with thousands of customers seemingly very happy. This is a complete lie and false marketing information and needs to be reviewed by an independent administrator. Every piece of evidence online points to Bestjet with shocking customer service with a wealth of negativity EXCEPT for Skyscanner. We trusted Skyscanner's lies and now Bestjet have gone bust.

In addition to this HOW can Skyscanner allow an agent that does not have an official AFTA accreditation? Where is the due diligence. This is basically saying to the customer we do not care if our agents are accredited or not and do not care about the consequences. It's basically like UBER allowing criminals to drive their cars by not doing police background checks.

Skyscanner you cannot be trusted and I strongly recommend against anybody booking through their website as they DO NOT vet the agents that they list. As a consequence they should be held equally accountable for WRECKING SO MANY PEOPLE'S CHRISTMAS.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Skyscanner Official

Hi Chris, I’m really sorry to hear that you’ve been affected by the situation with Bestjet. Please can you contact our Support team who can hopefully give you the best possible advice? https://hel... read more »

1 of 25 pages