1300 Travel Insurance

1300 Travel Insurance

Non-Medical, Basics, Comprehensive, Domestic and Multi-Trip

See the Best Travel Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kogan Travel Insurance

Kogan is a reliable and excellent company. Their travel insurance is the best I have found and very competitive in price. You won't find better cover anywhere. Top cover with nil excess is the same price as medium cover with $100 excess with other companies. Give it a try!

Insurance claim madeNo

Unlimited Cancellation Fee

I’m a traveler by heart and I’ve been traveling locally and abroad almost every month. Because I am a business woman, I’m always in search for things I can benefit from and one of which is an insurance plan for travelers such as myself. The frequent traveler insurance of 1300 insurance is just what I need. The best thing about it, it covers my cancellation fees every time I cancel my trip last month April 3, 2013 due to business reasons. I saved a lot and found this insurance reliable and reasonable!
Reliable, cheap and dependable

Insurance claim madeYes

Relatively cheap, in fact they were the cheapest I found for my holiday to the UK for 2 weeks. I have 1300 Insurance Pet cover and have claimed with no problems in the past - always seem to get through on the phone.
Won Cannex award for best value
dont have any

Insurance claim madeYes

not happy

O.K. to be fair this was not the only travel insurance company that I rang for coverage. All 4 denied my 3 daughters who have a rare genetic condition, they suffer low blood sugars, need to be fed every 3 hours at least, (diabetics are covered) they also have muscle issues like muscular dystrophy patients do (they get travel insurance also) people who have had strokes can get coverage (my father in law did after 1 stroke, 2 heartattacks and lung cancer) BUT my babies who are right if fed constantly did not get travel insurance.....WRONG WRONG WRONG. The only thing they had to cover was our plane ride as we went to the usa for a specialist drs appointment..so why were my girls discriminated against? Because they're rare disease is not known...Wrong.
DIDNT LIKE.
The attitudes towards people with a rare genetic disease,, i suppose even drug abusers can get travel insurance, what is wrong with this company/world???

Insurance claim madeNo
Sorry to hear you are upset by this. Unfortunately an insurer has to decide on risk. If there is no risk as you suggest, you should be happy to self insure. If there is a high risk, then this is the reason insurance companies wont take it on. Its not discrimination if the risk you are trying to insure against is the factor.

1300 Travel Insurance Comprehensive1300 Travel Insurance Basics1300 Travel Insurance Domestic1300 Travel Insurance Multi-trip1300 Non-Medical Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1300 467 8721300 467 8721300 467 8721300 467 8721300 467 872
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNoNo
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Home and Contents, Life, Motorcycle and PetBusiness, Home and Contents, Life, Motorcycle and PetBusiness, Home and Contents, Life, Motorcycle and PetBusiness, Home and Contents, Life, Motorcycle and PetBusiness, Home and Contents, Life, Motorcycle and Pet
UnderwriterAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianz
Maximum Age Covered 101 years old101 years old101 years old74 years old101 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimitedNot Included
Accidental Death$15,000$15,000Not Included$15,000Not Included
Emergency Dental$1,000$1,000Not Included$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks
Resumption of Journey $1,000$1,000$1,000$1,000$1,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Credit Card FraudNot includedNot includedNot includedNot includedNot included
Travel Documents / Passport As part of additional travel and accommodation expensesAs part of additional travel and accommodation expensesAs part of additional travel and accommodation expensesAs part of additional travel and accommodation expensesAs part of additional travel and accommodation expenses
Luggage & Personal Effects $5,000$5,000$5,000$5,000$5,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $1,000,000.00$1,000,000.00$1,000,000.00$1,000,000.00$1,000,000.00
Rental Vehicle Excess $500$500$500$500$500
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 50ccIncluded up to 50ccIncluded up to 50ccIncluded up to 50ccIncluded up to 50cc
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included