Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Comprehensive, Basics, Standard Saver, etc...
4.5 from 1,078 reviews

4.5

1,078 reviews
Graham Baws

Graham BawsPerth, WA

We haven't yet travelled!

Not much to compare and the added constraint of the pandemic limited choice but we hope the cover meets our expectations. We also hope not to need it. After all, it is insurance!

DestinationAustralia
Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Hi Graham, we also hope that you have an incident-free holiday and not need to make a claim! However, if you do need assistance, our Emergency Assistance Team are available 24/7 to help. Thanks for choosing Fast Cover! Kind regards, Sally

eej s.

eej s.Hobart, TAS

One of the worse

One of the worse company 100% non of the people I know will be buying insurance from your guys. Definitely 1000 plus staff of Singapore airline will be highly advised against buying from your rubbish company

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and New Zealand
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Insurance Cover ForChild

Very unhappy customers

An error at a hospital causing serious problems somehow became a pre existing condition. A very long bow pulled here. It was akin to going to emergency with a sore toe. Staff cut off toe by mistake but insurance company say 'You had the sore toe in the first place'.A lot more serious in our case. Legitimate claim we believe. We can't travel and would have liked our $10,000.00 reimbursed. Patient still suffering and will be ongoing. Communication from company very poor. Had to chase them up constantly.

Sharknshar
Sharknshar

I have parerwork stating the hospital error. The HCCC are taking up our case the error was so serious. Nothing to do with a pre existing disease. I can be contacted on [Number Removed]
Sharyn

Kassandre

KassandreCentral Queensland, QLD

Not too bad - needs work though

Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

You would be naive or insane to travel without insurance. Fast over was fantastic after the first few hiccups.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Jessica R

Jessica RSydney, NSW

Worst cover I have ever had

Slow to respond, no help given at all especially during the recent circumstances not even minor help given. Disgusted with the service and will never recommend them to anyone after this.

DestinationAfrica
Type of ClaimOther, Personal Liability and Travel Delays/Cancellations

Great customer service

The customer service was extremely helpful they were organised, super responsive and tried their best to help instead of providing generic responses. Would definitely recommend them and hope to use them again in the future :)

Peter

PeterSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great help at a difficult time

Good value when compared on compare the market website. We lodged a claim while in Peru last year and it was handle efficiently and professionally with compassion. We have used Fast Cover each year for our last 6 overseas trips. And we recommend it to our friends who travel.

DestinationSouth America
Claim DateOctober 2019
Insurance Cover ForAdult

No help at all in emergency

No help in emergency situations , wouldn't cover anything as apparently everything is related to covid19 and they refuse to be supportive or helpfully.
Two years of international cover for nothing.
Wouldn't recommend

DestinationSouth America

Naga G.

Naga G.South East Queensland, QLD

This is perfect. Will go for it again.

The fast cover travel insurance was easy to purchase and also claim. The customer service was very good. I had unexpected travel plan diversions and the insurance was very helpful.

Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Olga K

Olga KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great insurance - very recommended

The policy for 2 people was really good value, was very easy to make a claim because of friendly website even during the Corona Virus Pandemic. The customer service people was professional, friendly and understandable. Our claim was partly resolved up to 4 weeks.

Mark

MarkPerth, WA

Never use FastCover.

Absolutely disgraceful not honouring comprehensive cover.We had no pilot to fly our aircraft and FastCover deems this as no excuse for a cancellation claim. Travel insurance is waste of money.

Angela

AngelaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never Again

Absolutely useless with no assistance at all regarding COVID-19. Despite actually being overseas well before the pandemic was declared, I am gobsmacked at Fast Cover's lack of assistance. Never again.

Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Efficient, fair and empathetic.

Good value policies, I have used several times. Fast Cover were efficient, fair and empathetic when dealing with a claim. Online claims process was very clear and straightforward. I will use them again and would recommend them.

Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Great response and service during a pandemic!

The policy was easy to set up. They all are. The real value of a policy is shown when trying to make a claim. I nearly didn't attempt to make a claim, as it was related to an early return to Australia due to the COVID pandemic. I was really impressed that Fast-cover quickly confirmed that they did not have to cover this situation. However, they would take all of the details and consider individual cases. The claim was settled very fairly and in a timely manner. Great service.

Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Hi Sue. Glad to hear you are home safe, and that we were to help you out during this very difficult time.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and we look forward to helping you when you travel next.
- Brooke

Robert M.

Robert M.Central, SA

a no fuss payout

This, my first travel claim was treated with delicacy and understanding by the claims officer and an amicable settlement was made by her well within the time stated origionally by her . I found her attitude comforting in a time of real upset to us.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Insurance Cover ForSenior
Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Prompt processing of claim

Have always used Fast Cover for overseas travel insurance but had to claim for the first time this year due to my child being sick. Quite a bit of evidence was required but the online claims process was relatively straightforward, the team was prompt in getting back to me, outcome was in our favour. Thank you Fast Cover!

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child

Worst insurance company!!!

Liz JohnsonFar North Queensland, QLD

Adequate cover for my requirements

Good value policy for my requirements. Claim was responded to efficiently and with courtesy at all times. First time user but would use again if I could have accessed the frequent traveller option.

Type of ClaimMedical and Other
Insurance Cover ForSenior

My pleasure

Suzana TraikovskiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No response

I took out insurance with FastCover on the recommendation of finder.com. Insurance premium paid in August 2019 to travel in August 2020. With the Covid19 situation that is now impossible. Have rung this insurer numerous times to cancel my policy and get a refund, have even emailed the resolutions department of the underwriter but no one can tell me what is happening with my paid premium. I was told that it had been put on hold and I asked for that to be confirmed in writing which has not happened as yet. Still don’t know if I can defer or get a refund, no one has emailed me with any details at all. I will certainly be taking further action if I don’t receive written confirmation.

Simon G.asked

Travel Insurance

I'm trying to take out travel insurance for me and my girlfriend and was happy to find that you're offering travel insurance for couples on your website. I proceeded to put in the details to get a quote. Then, in the policy summary before payment, it explicitly states that only 1 adult traveller is covered. There's also no option to add another person. What's the purpose of a couples insurance if it only covers 1 person?

So, if you can't even get your products and sales process right, how can I trust you're getting anything right when I actually have to make a claim?

Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Hi Simon, thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry you have not had a great purchasing experience. Our website is normally very user-friendly and an easy buy process to obtain one of our policies. We get loads of great positive feedback about it all the time. I'd really like to take a look at your quote, to see what went wrong, and would be most happy to help you with your policy purchase over the phone. I'll even throw in a discount for your trouble!
Feel free to call on Monday and ask to speak to me directly.
Kind regards,
Tracey
Traveller Services Team Manager
1300 409 322

Simon G.

Thanks for your offer! Luckily 1Cover had a similar policy and their checkout process worked fine. So we’re covered now.

Michele
Michele

We are both covered and happy with the out come and have always used fast cover on our trips

wendy keen

wendy keenasked

Travel Insurance

couldiget a quote please as was unable to put several destination
fly to London then to Italy for 8 day cruise then ona train to Zurich and back on train to dusseldorf fly from there home through London and then hong kong and home myhusband is 75 and iam59 years old can youplease help with a quote

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your enquiry!
Please email us directly at info@fastcover.com.au and we will be more than happy to assist you with a quote for your next trip :)

Kind Regards,
Jessica

Mark nicholls

Mark nichollsasked

Travel Insurance - Comprehensive

Will I get a policy sent to me

Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Hi Mark, thanks for letting us know. Sometimes our policy emails end up in peoples Junk or Spam inbox, however I have resent your policy certificate to the email address on your policy. Please reach out to us again if you are having continued problems. You can also view or download a copy of your certificate at any time by logging into our website: https://fastcover.com.au/your-policy/login. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us! Happy travelling!
Kind regards, Margretta