Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Comprehensive, Basics, Standard Saver, etc...

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (25)
    • 1-2 weeks (38)
    • 2-4 weeks (31)
    • 1-2 months (12)
    • 3+ months (8)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (94) · No (16)
Jack Jacoby

Jack JacobyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I got what I wanted (I think)

The process was efficient and speedy. The only issue for me was when I was progressing through the form to payment, the form appeared to select Domestic Plus for me without an obvious decision or choice from me. Also, when it summarized what the cover was, it included Snow cover. This puzzled me and I had to call to find out that the Snow cover was "automatic" for a domestic policy and at no additional charge. Puzzling since my trip is to North Queensland.
Fortunately/hopefully, no claim yet since I haven't had the trip yet.

Marie

MarieDarling Downs, QLD

Was just perfect in that it suited our needs.

1st time user but found the process quick and easy to follow and organize. We will definitely follow up in the future if the policies suit our needs going forward.

Anonymous

AnonymousSydney, NSW

Good price; suitable coverage.

The price is very good, as is the coverage. I did not need to use it, so I cannot comment on that, but I have no reason to believe it is not also fine.

Jim

JimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Piece of mind at a great price

Excellent value; set-up process seamless; ideal for older travellers and adventurers with the adventure package add-on appropriate and great value. Repeat customer so information necessary for the assessment of my quote already stored.

Ally

AllyNewborough

Professional and helpful, no hassles

yes, haven't left yet but the initial contact has been very professional and helpful, cancellation of the policy due to Covid was simple and then the requote using the credit note was simple.

Margaret Reed

Margaret ReedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Brooke was so easy to talk to and knew her product.

Great policy covering all my needs for remove areas to be travelled. Easy to set up once I outlined my requirements. I will definitely be using Fast cover for my next trip to the Kimberleys.

Melanie M.

Melanie M.Hobart, TAS

Good value

The policy seems to be good value and was easy to set up. I need it to cover any issues in the event of a car hire mishap and it is certainly much cheaper than using the car hire companies insurance (especially given it also covers other issues which can occur on holiday). Hopefully I wont need to make a claim but nice to know I have it and it wasn't too costly.

Di and John

Di and JohnPerth, WA

Sally and Mary were very helpful with my enquiry and selecting the right travel insurance.

Taken out this policy with your company for the first time. No experience as yet. Holiday is planned for February 2021. I can't make a full report as have not travelled yet!

Peter

Peter North Queensland, QLD

Very simple online

Every time I get a policy I can't open the document. Seems good value for the money. Thankfully I've never made a claim with fast cover. I would recommend this travel insurance.

Robo

RoboSouth East Queensland, QLD

A Necessary Evil

We have held a Worldwide Multi-Trip Annual Travel Insurance Policy for many years but did not renew this year due to Covid-19. Booked our first post-lockdown trip and found that no-one is providing Multi-Trip policies at the moment. We only hold travel insurance to cover hire car Excess and now needing to do this trip by trip will be way more expensive than we have had in the past!

YnT

YnTSydney, NSW

Best service

I am glad that I chose Fast Cover for my mother before she went on board on a P&O cruise ship for an Asian tour. The online purchase was easy to process and fees was fair. When part of the passengers were not allowed enter Singapore due to COVID-19, my mother had to get off the ship at Cairns and flew back to Sydney. When I contacted Fast Cover, the customer service was friendly and helpful. They considered the situation and refund the part of premium within a few days. It is a insurance company does care about their customers.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Hi YnT, we're glad you chose Fast Cover to and that we were able to help your mother due to the unfortunate cancelling of her cruise. Hopefully she'll get to go on a new cruise some time not in the to distant future.
Kind regards, Craig

livicucsSydney, NSW

Policy covered what I needed

I haven’t used this company before however the option of cruises being cancelled is a possibility I hope not therefore I choose this in case I need to cancel given the current climate the cruising world is not a done deal
Trip planned for July 2021

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
livicucs

I understand that, I was more concerned that if my personal situation changes ( I’ll health family??) and I cannot travel then I will have cover for cancelling the cruise

Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Hi Livicucs, Yes, unexpected sickness or injury can be covered under our Cancellation benefit if you're not able to travel. Let's hope it doesn't happen though, and you have an amazing cruise next year! Kind regards, Sally

Merro58

Merro58Southeast, SA

Easy to Understand Insurance

First time we have used Fast Cover. The process to take out the policy was easy and quick. My questions were answered to assure me we were taking the correct policy.

Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Hi Merro58, Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback, we really appreciate it. We hope you have a great holiday and remember that you'll get a loyalty discount the next time you travel! Kind regards, Sally

Maeghan

MaeghanSydney, NSW

So Easy and stress free

Speaking with the Lady on the phone, who explained everything clearly and I felt immediately put at ease that this was the best policy for us, Thank you for making this experience trouble free.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Thanks for your positive review Maeghan, I'm glad we could explain everything for you. If you have any further questions, please give us a call and we'll be happy to help you. Have a great holiday!
- Kind regards, Craig

Vicki

VickiPerth, WA

Excellent Service

It was great to talk to someone based in Australia who understood my needs and could answer my questions knowledgeably! I would not hesitate in recommending Fast Cover Travel Insurance to family and friends!

Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Hi Vicki, thanks for your review. All of Fast Covers traveller services team are based in Australia and available on 1300 409 322 to help with any further questions you may have. King regards, Craig

Veronica

VeronicaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Could not make changes

As the insurer you may haved ASSMUED that I required snow cover and car rental. That was fine but I should have been given the chance to remove those entras and tyhat may reduced the amount I paid.

Lynda Klein

Lynda Klein

Great for what we needed

Great value we have used them in the past had no problems easy to access on the internet and easy to understand would recommend this company to anyone for travel insurance

Graham Baws

Graham BawsPerth, WA

We haven't yet travelled!

Not much to compare and the added constraint of the pandemic limited choice but we hope the cover meets our expectations. We also hope not to need it. After all, it is insurance!

Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Hi Graham, we also hope that you have an incident-free holiday and not need to make a claim! However, if you do need assistance, our Emergency Assistance Team are available 24/7 to help. Thanks for choosing Fast Cover! Kind regards, Sally

eej s.

eej s.Hobart, TAS

One of the worse

One of the worse company 100% non of the people I know will be buying insurance from your guys. Definitely 1000 plus staff of Singapore airline will be highly advised against buying from your rubbish company

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and New Zealand
Claim MadeYes
Insurance Cover ForChild
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim ApprovedNo

Very unhappy customers

An error at a hospital causing serious problems somehow became a pre existing condition. A very long bow pulled here. It was akin to going to emergency with a sore toe. Staff cut off toe by mistake but insurance company say 'You had the sore toe in the first place'.A lot more serious in our case. Legitimate claim we believe. We can't travel and would have liked our $10,000.00 reimbursed. Patient still suffering and will be ongoing. Communication from company very poor. Had to chase them up constantly.

DestinationEurope
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Claim ApprovedNo
Sharknshar
Sharknshar

I have parerwork stating the hospital error. The HCCC are taking up our case the error was so serious. Nothing to do with a pre existing disease. I can be contacted on [Number Removed]
Sharyn

Bobe

Bobeasked

Travel Insurance - Domestic Plus

Can I get cover on a campervan rental?

Simon G.asked

Travel Insurance

I'm trying to take out travel insurance for me and my girlfriend and was happy to find that you're offering travel insurance for couples on your website. I proceeded to put in the details to get a quote. Then, in the policy summary before payment, it explicitly states that only 1 adult traveller is covered. There's also no option to add another person. What's the purpose of a couples insurance if it only covers 1 person?

So, if you can't even get your products and sales process right, how can I trust you're getting anything right when I actually have to make a claim?

Fast Cover T.Fast Cover Travel Insurance

Hi Simon, thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry you have not had a great purchasing experience. Our website is normally very user-friendly and an easy buy process to obtain one of our policies. We get loads of great positive feedback about it all the time. I'd really like to take a look at your quote, to see what went wrong, and would be most happy to help you with your policy purchase over the phone. I'll even throw in a discount for your trouble!
Feel free to call on Monday and ask to speak to me directly.
Kind regards,
Tracey
Traveller Services Team Manager
1300 409 322

Simon G.

Thanks for your offer! Luckily 1Cover had a similar policy and their checkout process worked fine. So we’re covered now.

Michele
Michele

We are both covered and happy with the out come and have always used fast cover on our trips

wendy keen

wendy keenasked

Travel Insurance

couldiget a quote please as was unable to put several destination
fly to London then to Italy for 8 day cruise then ona train to Zurich and back on train to dusseldorf fly from there home through London and then hong kong and home myhusband is 75 and iam59 years old can youplease help with a quote

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your enquiry!
Please email us directly at info@fastcover.com.au and we will be more than happy to assist you with a quote for your next trip :)

Kind Regards,

Emergency Dental$1,000$500$750$1,000
Pregnancy (max weeks) 23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks23 weeks
Resumption of Journey $3,000Not Included$2,000$3,000
Hospital Cash Allowance$5,000Not IncludedNot Included$5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of Income$10,400 (Max $400 per week up to 26 weeks)Not IncludedNot Included$10,400 (Max $400 per week up to 26 weeks)
Permanent Disability$50,000Not IncludedNot Included$50,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included$250
Delayed Luggage $750Not IncludedNot Included$750
Credit Card Fraud$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)Not Included$2,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)$5,000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)
Travel Documents / Passport $5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)Not Included$2,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)$5,000 (combined with Credit Card cover)
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (computer or camera), $1,000 (phone or tablet), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computer or camera), $1,000 (phone or tablet), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computer or camera), $1,000 (phone or tablet), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computer or camera), $1,000 (phone or tablet), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000Optional up to $2,000$5,000$15,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $5,000,000$1,000,000$2,500,000$5,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Optional, up to $8,000Not IncludedOptional, up to $8,000Optional, up to $8,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 50cc, optional for any vehicle over 50ccIncluded up to 50cc, optional for any vehicle over 50ccIncluded up to 50cc, optional for any vehicle over 50ccIncluded up to 50cc, optional for any vehicle over 50cc
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included