Listing monitored by Tick Travel Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (21)
    • 2-4 weeks (37)
    • 1-2 months (42)
    • 3+ months (32)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (77) · No (96)
Deborah H.
Deborah H.Perth, WA

Will never use this company again

DestinationEurope

Avoid - scammers and thieves

I bought cover with the option to cancel, 3 months before COVID hit. I rang to tell them my wedding holiday was cancelled and they told me the cancellation period was 14 days after purchase....

they have since told me I qualify for a refund less than 43% of the purchase price because my policy did come into effect for those 14 days. if I had of gone with the policy that didn't allow cancellation they would have offered me a full refund. AVOID AT ALL COST.

Neil South-Eastern Region, NSW

Rail trip cancelled due to Covid. TICK refuse to pay up.

Family rail trip to Perth cancelled due to border closures. Trip was the last chance for a family get together/90th birthday party. Railway offerred credits but will not guarantee same trip for same cost. Parents now unable to travel due to health conditions. Both TICK and the railway refuse to refund.

DestinationAustralia
Claim Made Yes
Neil

Probably a bit late for that Anna. We were advised to seek legal assistance

Had to cancel due to covid19 no response from tick

Due to covid19 we had to cancel our trip therefore did not need travel insurance, but no response to emails requesting a refund and no help to get money back from trip.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Dezlee, I'm sorry you're having trouble getting a response. Could you please send me your policy number via private message (to ensure your privacy) and I will follow up on your case on your behalf. Thanks, Anna

Keith
Keith

Fantastic company

We had insured with Tick Travel for our trip to Japan. As our policy was unused we contacted Tick Travel to enquire about a refund of our policy. The response was immediate & positive. We received back nearly all our initial payment. The entire time from the initial request to being told to look out for a refund was only about 10 days. What a fantastic company. We were VERY impressed & would certainly insure with that company again. Jennifer

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Graham
GrahamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy with Tick Customer Service

I had a previous claim in 2019 after an accident and medical relocation back home during our Kimberly Safari. The claim was not disputed by the Tick Team and was settled promptly. Based on this excellent customer experience, I purchased new travel insurance for domestic travel in 2020 which was postponed due to COVID border restrictions. I have a new claim in progress with Tick for out of pocket expenses incurred to date to resume the itinerary in 2021. Tick is responsive and I am very happy with the progress of my new claim. I would recommend Tick Insurance highly, based on my personal experiences. Graham Bennett

Sarah WQueensland

No ticks at all. Just a gigantic disappointment.

Sarah W

Tick never offered a credit. Tick offered me precisely nothing. The credit I was offered from the tour provider would have expired before I could travel, hence I declined.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Sarah, I would advise you to contact complaints@tickinsurance.com.au to discuss this situation with them, as they may be able to help here. Thanks, Anna

Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

Not Happy!

I made a claim with Tick Insurance for the cruise component of my travel package as I could not get a refund from the cruise line after it was cancelled due to the pandemic. My policy was purchased in May 2019. I had top cover plus added Natural Disaster cover. My claim was denied and when I went through the IDR the claim was still denied. I am astounded to see that another customer here on this forum (see Sally - Great outcome!) has written a review 3 months ago and her claim has been paid out under what seems to be the same circumstances! I have since submitted a complaint to AFCA. I am so angry and frustrated. It took me years to save for my trip and my insurance seems worthless.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Mike
MikePeel, WA

A long process but worth it . Thanks Tick

Find out how Tick Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

TICK? NO - A BIG X. FIRST TIME WE'VE EVER MADE A CLAIM & WILL NEVER AGAIN INSURE WITH TICK.

FIONAM
FIONAM

If only TICK had responded to our claim with anything like the speed they've responded to my post on productreview, I wouldn't be half as peeved!

DON’T USE THIS COMPANY.

George T. Perth
George T. Perth

Thanks for responding Anna. Is your complaints team the same as your IDR Team please?
Cheers George.

Bodge
BodgeMelbourne

Useless Insurance

Tick make it as difficult as possible to make an online claim and then do everything to avoid payment. Useless Insurance! Have used Tick many times but this was first time attempting to claim. Will not be using them again.... Subsequent to review above Tick decided to re-evaluate our claim and ultimately paid it. Seems the squeakier the wheel....

DestinationEurope
Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Bodge, I'm sorry about your claim not having the expected outcome. I would advise you to contact complaints@tickinsurance.com.au to discuss your matter further and have your case analysed by a team independent of the claims team. Thanks, Anna

AlanB
AlanB

Refuse to pay claims

I took out travel insurance with Tick after seeing a good review from Choice magazine. While they offer good cover at a reasonable cost they refuse to payout when you make a claim. They will use every means in the fine print of there PDA to avoid making a payment. I therefore advise you TO AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS.

druryfam
druryfamWestern Australia

Happy Customer

I travel regularly and used Tick Travel for the first time this year - both for me and another policy for my sister and her family. We were very happy with the price of their insurance and the ease with which we could take it out. We had to make a quick flight out of a country affected by Covid and lodged a claim on our return. I knew Tick were inundated with claims but they kept us up to date throughout the process. Our claims were subsequently met less our excess. I would definitely recommend Tick for Travel Insurance and will use them again once we can resume travel. Thanks Tick but one suggestion: When sending emails please refer to the Policy Number and not a Request Number because the latter means nothing to the consumer..

MarcusSouth East Queensland, QLD

WARNING WARNING WARNING

With current COVID situation one would expect there to be some issues. During my cooling off period I did ask would I be covered. The reply came after the 14 days and it and the answer was YES! Fast forward to this week, after sending in my documents several times I am told I CANT! So I have a useless policy, so if you cant provide cover then refund me the cost, simple economics.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and Europe
Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Dear Marcus, I'm sorry your claim didn't have the outcome you had expected. I would recommend you contact complaints@tickinsurance.com.au if you would like to have your case reviewed by a team that is independent of the claims team. Thanks, Anna

Lothar P.
Lothar P.asked
Standard

When can I get travel cancelation insurance, if I travel on the 20./07/2022 to the 03/08/2022?

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hello Lothar, cancellation coverage kicks in from the moment you purchase a policy until your holiday commencement date, which in your case is: 20th July 2022. All our domestic policies and our Budget, Standard and Top international policies include coverage for cancellation expenses. Please note we are currently not issuing international policies and you can purchase your policy with us up to 365 days prior to your holiday start date. Cancellations due to Covid19 is not a coverable event.

Kind regards,
Anna

Sarah G.
Sarah G.asked
Tick Travel Insurance

I can not understand why when i purchased a policy for an overseas trip that i could not go on due to covid19. Trust me, i was ready to go but both the AUS and US govenments wouldn't let me. I handled all of my bookings, flights, hotels, tours and orgainsed refunds, even from non refundable hotels booked i got full refunds as they understood that New York was closed and there was no way on Earth i could be there. They went against their policy and refunded me in full. Yet you, a travel insurer who we use to help us make claims or get refunds etc when things happen and go wrong on our trips. Trips we have saved for, trips we have dreamt of. So when something like a world wide pandemic happens and throws everyone for 6. The companies we pay to help us, close the door and dont refund us. I didnt cancel my policy, i couldnt use it, not just the govenement but the world wouldnt let me!!! i did all the hard work, i asked for nothing from you. I did my policy online, never spoke to anyone, everything was emailed straight away, so no admin on your end, it was all computer generated, yet you think it is ok to keep all of my money, when seriously.. you've done nothing. Which feels like a kick in the face.. not slap but a when you're down lets kick you too. I couldnt not use your service, i did not cancel your policy. Yet you dont care. You'll keep it.. My policy number is 24919308. I was told via email when i requested a refund. unfortunately, this is not possible outside the 14-day cooling-off period. Seriously.. i didnt change my mind.. this isnt normal circumstances and you all know this. Your cooling off period is a crap scapegoat when it comes to this..i didnt changce my mind, none of us have. We were not allowed to travel, this was taken out of our hands completely. Nothing like this has happened before and your company is just saying too bad so sad... i was told i could go to the link to see if i could get a partial credit..Credit... you think i would use you again. OMG.. you cant even cover me from yourself let alone anything, god forbid something happened on a trip and i needed to make a claim through you. You have stolen my money. This policy is "Fit for Purpose"under fair trade. Are you above fair trade. Basically you are making up your own rules here, you know this does not fall under your 14 day cooling off crap..
Even saying, we can not refund you, but we can put your policy on hold and when you can travel again we will activate your policy and update your travel dates.. Why is this not an option.. no one loses. Happy customers and great understand company.
Finding solutions where everyone wins isnt hard. Losing customers due to scapegoat excuses.. easy.

Halley M.
Halley M.

Hear Hear. I'm having the same problem.
I've previously gone with 1Cover and World Nomad on multiple trips and had no troubles when there were issues. Tick was one of the only companies that would insure my grandmother for all of her conditions when she wanted to travel for her grandaughter's wedding in Bali - and now we're left with $600 'credit' that she is unable to use as the wedding is cancelled and she won't be traveling anywhere again as it was to be her last trip due to her health. Badly done indeed. I contacted them through the correct channels multiple times with NO reply. But putting my review up here prompted a reply from a Tick representative (Anna, who was great - but still - shouldn't have to write crappy reviews on other sites to get them to reply to anything!)
I continue await their reply on the proper channels... !!! Good luck to you.

Louasked
Tick Travel Insurance - Top

Why is it that efficient attention has been given to my claim for additional costs and non-refundable fees has not been processed since late March 2020? The questions that have come back from officers within TICK have been simplistic, indicate failure to look beyond the last communication and indicate inepitude on the part of those individuals, e.g., not looking back to the full documentation and then asking inept questions. First officer appears to have forgotten the claim. My last communication thtrough the system answering their query by anotrher was lodged approximately two weeks ago, followed up by 'phone to ensure that it had been received and that the full files were visible which they were. Took over a week for the officer supposedly acting upon it to indicate "the file had been updated". I appreciate the very high current workload these people appear incompetent, so what does that say about management Lee P

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Lee, I'm sorry your claim isn't progressing as you would like it to, and I'd like to help. Please send me your policy number via private message and I will follow up on your behalf and get you a meaningful update on your claim. Thanks, Anna

Lou

Hi Anna. My policy number is MS/TK/305144/23408455. Claim reference 120005383/322960. If you trace the claim file through you will see the inefficiency to which I refer and the claims personnel involved. Lee Pooley [Email and Phone Number Removed]

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Lee, thanks for sending this information. I have followed up on your case with the claims team. Thanks, Anna

See all Tick Travel Insurance questions

Accidental DeathNot IncludedNot Included$10,000$25,000
Emergency Dental$500$500$500$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) 32 weeks32 weeks32 weeks32 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$3,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot Included$75 per day, up to $1,500$75 per day, up to $3,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot Included$5,200$10,400
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot Included$10,000$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot Included$300$300
Delayed Luggage Not IncludedNot Included$300$400
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not IncludedNot Included$2,000$4,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $500 (Any Item)$1,000 (Laptops, Cameras or Mobile Phones)$2,000 (Laptops, Mobile Phones or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops, Mobile Phones or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $2,000$2,500$4,000$7,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability $1,000,000$1,000,000$1,500,000$3,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Not IncludedNot Included$2,000$4,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any size
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$600