Verifiedtickinsurance.com.au

• 1-2 weeks (36)
  • 2-4 weeks (62)
  • 1-2 months (92)
  • 3+ months (53)
Claim ApprovedYes (156) · No (150)
4.2 (1,594)

Tick Travel Insurance2,804 reviews
cougar_df
cougar_df4 posts

Claiming with Tick Travel Insurance

I always buy a travel insurance policy for every trip I make, and have been doing this for more than 30 years and had made just 3 claims in all that time.
In the last few years I decided to try Tick Travel Insurance because of their value for money and that was probably 3-4 times I had signed up for cover with them. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I had to put in a claim for my last trip.
They are not the quickest to assess and process a claim, in my experience (quite slow in fact) but they were responsive to my queries and follow ups.
In the end they gave me the result I was happy with.
I would consider them as travel insurers again for future trips. Show details
Wendy
WendyQLDWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Jordan/Israel travel claim

Tick insurance was approachable with prompt & open communication. Fairly paid myself and my daughter's overseas travel claim. Show details
Ross H.
Ross H.QLDWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Easy as a Tick

Easy to navigate. Great pricing and covers everything that higher priced companies do. Show details
Joe Mak
Joe MakNSWHunter Region, NSW

Best for my meeds

Found this to be the best price and coverage. Thank you Show details
Margaret Clay
Margaret Clay2 posts

Canada Rescue

I used my Tick Insurance when l had an accident in Canada. The Tick operators were careful and considerate of my pain and the subsequent help l needed. It took a while to resolve the claim due to wait times for the consultants to access my data. However it all worked out in the end and l was very happy. Show details
Waz
WazNSWSydney, NSW2 posts
  Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

Good policy and claim processing

Good price, good cover and efficient processing of the claim Show details
peter w
peter w10 posts

not again!

I wouldn't ever go here again, takes 3 weeks to reply to emails, only replying to half of the emails!
they dragged out claims so it went over christmas even!
the help number doesnt work in vietnam
overall the service was super bad Show details
Margaret C.
Margaret C.VICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

Successful refund out of gesture of goodwill

My recent Tour to Israel was cancelled because of the war outbreak. I received 93% of the tour fee back from the Travel agent. Thanks to Tick Travel Insurance to refund me the difference 7% out of commercial gesture of goodwill. There's clause specified we cannot make claim if there is war outbreak or terrorism, but Tick refunded me out of good gesture. Thanks heaps! Show details
Rob
RobNSWRichmond-Tweed, NSW3 posts
  Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

Good customer service. Efficient claim handling

Lodged claim and it was dealt with quickly and efficiently and with a satisfactory outcome. Based on my experience I can recommend Tick Insurance. Show details
Anon
Anon
  Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

Easy to deal with claiming

Our o/s trip needed to be cancelled due to the unexpected death of my mother.
Our Tick Insurance policy ended up covering more of our non-refundable expenses than expected.
Given the circumstances, some organisations were incompassionate & refused any refunds. But, Tick Insurance were easy to deal with & were more importantly compassionate to the situation.
We will definately use Tick Insurance again in the future if the chance arises. Show details
Alan2626
Alan2626AU3 posts

Compassionate consideration of our Travel Claim

Compassionate consideration of our claim and Tick Travel Insurance found in our favour and fairly compensated our "out of pocket" expenses. While it took a number of months to consider, the outcome was fair and we're happy to support Tick Travel Insurance on all our domestic and overseas travels. Show details
Keith D.
Keith D.WAPerth, WA
  Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

Don't use this company they do not pay up or help in any manner

Don't use this company they do not pay up or help in any manner Show details
Geoff
Geoff
  Tick Travel Insurance - Basic

Only taken it out recently

Don't travel for 3 months so can't write a review Show details
phil p.
phil p.WAPerth, WA
  Tick Travel Insurance - Basic

travel

cheapest by far . haven't had to use the yet . peace of mind Show details
Lee
Lee

Purchase

Easy to see available options and add existing medical conditions Show details

Kimberly F.
Kimberly F. · Tick Travel Insurance

We are travelling to Canada (and a day or two in the states for day trips) and I have one son with Asplenia and one son who is neutropenic. Both of them have a fever protocol of 38C meaning they need to be seen in emergency for blood work and be put on iv antibiotics if necessary until blood work is clear. Does your policy cover this?

Maeve L.
Maeve L. · Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

Hi, I'm heading to Japan for a ski trip and I have searched through numerous insurance companies. Tick Travel Insurance appears to be substantially cheaper than most companies and I am curious as to why that is the case?

Terri
Terri · Tick Travel Insurance - Standard

Yes it does seem incredibly cheap. So how did they get the Canstar rating. In all our travel I have only had to make one claim. It took 8 months to settle so I am not sure they are so different. It is extremely difficult once you get home especially if you don't have all the required documentation even thoughyou think you do. . In our case they question the hire company's excessive charge to us. They were right to do so. They were made to produce receipts and they were profiting from it.I also question the excess per person per event. That doesn't seem legal via consumer law in Australia. It certainly does make one think.

See all Tick Travel Insurance questions

About Tick Travel Insurance

Tick Travel Insurance is a travel insurance provider that offers the following:

• Domestic travel insurance
  • Single-trip travel insurance

The maximum trip length will depend on the level of cover you choose, your age, and your destination. The standard excess on Tick insurance policies is $200 per person, per event. You can have this waived for a premium.

Tick Travel Insurance is owned by Europ Assistance.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that Tick Travel Insurance offered competitive pricing, with many customers saying that it was good value, particularly for those with pre-existing medical conditions.
  • They also found that their policy was easy to set up, with a user-friendly online form.
Compare all Tick Travel Insurance listings
Accidental Death$10,000$25,000Not IncludedNot Included
Emergency Dental500500500500
Pregnancy (max weeks) 32 weeks32 weeks32 weeks32 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not Included3,000Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$75 per day, up to $1,500$75 per day, up to $3,000Not IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of Income$5,200$10,400Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$10,000$25,000Not IncludedNot Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $300$300Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $300$400Not IncludedNot Included
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport $2,000$4,000Not IncludedNot Included
Maximum Single Item Limit $2,000 (Laptops, Mobile Phones or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops, Mobile Phones or Cameras)$500 (Any Item)$1,000 (Laptops, Cameras or Mobile Phones)
Luggage & Personal Effects $4,000$7,500$2,000$2,500