4.1 from 1,463 reviews

Martyn Phillips

Martyn PhillipsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Travel insurance that you can rely on

I have used Tick travel insurance on a regular basis and always found the policies easy to arrange and great value for money. I had to make a claim on one occasion previously. I found Tick to be extremely helpful and efficient in dealing with the claim and agreeing the settlement.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), Europe and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Clay

ClayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Crooks at every level

Airbnb cancelled my reservation while I was in country of reservation. Had to get emergency accomodation for family of 4 with young children. Got accomodation. Made claim while in country. Tried to process online website did not work. Tried when I got home still no good. When I did get through I got the your not covered. Avoid this dodgy company they take your money but if you need to claim. They will do everything to avoid paying. In my opinion they are crooks.

DestinationMiddle East
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateDecember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Ivan and Maria

Ivan and MariaNew South Wales

Fantastic, I will have the insurance again.

Very good value and easy to follow step by step the insurance form.
This was my first time that I have used this service and will not be the last.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

rick

rickPerth, WA

great for what i need

it was great, email about my problem was a little slow, but in the end it was resolved immediately and efficiently in the first email sent to them. thank you.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Elissa

ElissaSydney, NSW

Cheaper then the rest on the market but not the cheapest I went for Value for money. Room for improvement is when I download and print my policy, my policy number should be visible and the emergency contact number for the insurance should be printed. I had to manually write it on my policy so that I can take with me as back up.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and Europe

Ken Houghton

Ken HoughtonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Necessary Travel Insurance

Best price for similar cover, easy to set up, 2nd time used, haven't made a claim so can't comment on how good their resolution is. Will continue to use unless a claim is not handled correctly.

DestinationNew Zealand

Rob.B

Rob.BPerth, WA

Always use this. So good.

This is my third time and always so good and easy to arrange. Would not think about useing any other company but TICK I would advise anyone to use this company. You will be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is you arrange and how reasonable the prices are.

DestinationEurope and South America

ronandvicki

ronandvickiMurray Region, NSW

Perfect travel insurance for us at a great price.

Great policy at a very competitive price.The website is very easy to navigate as well.
This is our first policy with tick so fingers crossed we don't need to make a claim.

DestinationNew Zealand
Wendy1964

Wendy1964Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Peace of mind

Ive used tick before, peace of mind travel insurance we can just go and enjoy our trip and leave the worries behind knowing were covered for anything that could go wrong

Felicity

FelicityGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great cover and price

Wide ranging benefits for people with pre existing conditions, easily notified on the web site. Price is excellent and we have used Tick once or twice in the past, with no claims needed.

DestinationEurope

Stev e D

Stev e D

Great cover at a very competitive price

Quick and easy, love the website. It was logically set out with all the information we needed to decide what cover to ourcgase. All the required documentation is precise and easy to read.

DestinationEurope

Good value, great service

I've used Tick insurance 3 times now and recommend it to friends as well. Good value, less exclusions. I have had to make a claim once and found the support to be excellent. This is a just have for international travelers.

DestinationEurope and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJune 2019

Annie

AnnieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Value for money

The insurance was hassle free very easy process. Would recommend by far absolutely value for money. Peace of mind when traveling knowing you are covered if any incidents did arise.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Jin

JinSydney, NSW

Great value and the claim process was relatively straightforward

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateDecember 2019
Margot B.

Margot B.

Easy insurance

It was easy to organise for older travellers and good value. Terms were set out clearly and contact details were provided. We have used this insurance company about three times and will use this company again.

Laurie

LaurieSydney, NSW

Didn't need to use it

Policy was good value, If I had to claim maybe tick wouldn't fix my problems. I don't know if I would use them again, I will compare to others at the time.

Harry

HarryPerth, WA

Prompt response.

The DoB was wrong and requested extra two days of insurance.
The DoB was promptly corrected the next day and extra two days added free of charge. Very good and polite service

Pav

PavWestern District, VIC

Good insurance but not easy to claim.

Policy was ok but it took a few return emails from when my claim was begun to get a result.Have used this company at least 5 times for travel but first time have needed to claim. I felt some of the necessary documents were questioned unfairly. Some of the questions were inappropriate for the claim..I felt there was a distrust from Tick on the answers I gave, which I did honestly..I felt upset at times.Our whole trip was cancelled & yet a question below in this survey asks me where we travelled to?

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateNovember 2019

Jake

JakeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awful do not purchase!

Do not purchase with TICK. Seemed like reasonably priced cover for top tier travel insurance, however after months of waiting, when it came to claim despite having the highest level of cover, they did not cover for travel delays, missed accommodation, lost property or severe weather. What do they actually cover for!! I was lucky that I was only out of pocket a few hundred dollars, imagine if there was a severe emergency costing thousands and they deny your claim? Avoid. Avoid. Avoid!

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo

Kerry S.

Kerry S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Easy Online application, but fortunately no claim history to measure.

I accepted Tick on friend's personal recommendations the first time. The application was easy and online. Price quoted was acceptable. No claim required.
Now reinsuring for further travels following a satisfactory first use. As a subscriber, I also took into consideration Tick's recommendation by Product Review (Choice magazine), its user comments and good value for money.

NicG

NicGasked

We have a policy for a trip to France on 20/02/2020. The Smart Traveller web site info about Coronavirus advises to consult with a doctor if you are travelling with children to any location with confirmed cases, which there are in France. We have a 3 year old daughter. Our doctor has advised us not to travel and has provided us with a letter to that effect. Are we covered for cancellation? Thanks

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Nic, thanks for reaching out.

It depends on when you purchased your policy, and the content of the doctor's letter.

If you purchased before 4:00pm on 31st January, generally speaking, you would be eligible to claim for events that impact you due to this virus. If you have a medical letter saying the cancellation of your trip is necessary and unavoidable as a result of your illness, you would be eligible to claim for cancellation. However, we are not able to cover cancellation for change of mind, or cancelling due to a recommendation only. A recommendation, as opposed to a doctor saying it is necessary and unavoidable to cancel because of an experienced illness, is not a coverable event.

If you purchased after 4:00pm on 31st January, it is expected that the policy was entered into with awareness of the virus and its developments, and so you would not be eligible to claim in this instance regardless of the content of the doctor's letter.

You can see more about our position on the coronavirus outbreak on our travel alerts page here:

Thanks, Anna

Viv L.

Viv L.asked

Hi there, I purchased your insurance for my trip to Asia. However on the day where I was supposed to fly out from Singapore, I fell ill and was deemed unfit to fly for 3 days by the doctor. I have sent numerous emails but have not received any response regarding my return flight.
Am I supposed to book my return flight and claim upon arrival in Australia ? Would appreciate your prompt response.
Many thanks,
Viv

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Viv, I'm not part of the claims team so any advice I would give is general in nature, which I feel wouldn't be helpful in your case. I would strongly advise you call our 24/7 emergency assistance line on +612 9333 3963 to ask if you would be able to claim for this event, and if so, should you pay your return flight up front before claiming. Our team will be able to advise you on your potential claim, and they will discuss your options with you. I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

Ian Honesasked

Have noticed that couples have to be married or in de facto registered relationship. I am travelling with my ex wife, we don't live together but decided on a holiday. Are we still covered?
Also I am Transgender and under a GP, Psycologist and Endocrinologist. Wasn't aware this needed to be declared.

Dancer
Dancer

I have no idea never been married and always travel alone. Sorry.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi there, thanks for the questions.

Firstly, regarding the difference between buying as 2 separate individuals vs. buying cover as a couple, there is no difference in cover - only the price differs between these 2 options. In your circumstance, you should not buy a policy as a couple, you will need to buy a policy as 2 individuals. Having said this, you don't need to purchase 2 separate policies. You can still purchase one policy for 2 people who are not a couple - both you and your ex wife - but you must make sure 'Individuals' is selected under the 'Cover for' option when getting a quote, and not 'Couple or family'.

Secondly, your transgender status does not need to be declared. Having said this, there may be medical considerations that are associated with your transitioning, that may need to be declared. An example is if you underwent surgery, as we ask customers to declare any surgeries they have undergone in the past 12 months. If you would like more information, I have sent you a private message requesting your phone number, so that we can give you a call to discuss this further.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Anna

Hi Anna

Thank you for the information.
Where do I find your pm?

Regards