4.0 from 1,523 reviews

Migelantonio

No support with the COVID19 Virus situation

Melinda

MelindaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Buyer Beware, Don't Use Tick Insurance!!

Graham WilkinsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

I do not recommend this travel insurance

Booked my travel insurance with them for my trip to Japan in May. Trip cancelled through no fault of our own. Asked for a refund. They said NO. How businesses treat others during this crisis will be remembered after the crisis has passed.... ie we won’t be back!

Carolyn K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Underhanded dishonest company

Unable to travel due to a total travel ban but they will not allow you to cancel and will not refund the policy . No information on their website since February and they do not respond to all questions on emails . I feel this is dishonest and not a good way to run a business though they must be laughing as they keep everyone’s money . DO NOT PURCHASE.

Carolyn K.

Thanks Anna . Appreciate that . How do I send you a private message?

Hi Carolyn, please reply to the private message I just sent you. Thanks, Anna

Adam E.

Adam E.South East Queensland, QLD

Ripped Off

Same situation & experience. Totally unethical and I Australian.

I took out insurance On 4/2/2020 for a trip to Bali, due to corona virus our trip was cancelled and out of our control , asked Tick for a refund on premium only to be told could not refund premium as it is outside 14 day cooling off period, surely this would not apply to the current circumstances. Tick insurance are only interested in taking your money nothing else. We are all in this together Tick Travel Insurance.

Will never use or recommend ever again!!!

DianneMid North Coast, NSW

Don’t use Tick for travel insurance

Taken out insurance On 29/2/2020 for a trip to Bali, due to corona virus our trip was cancelled and out of our control , asked Tick for a refund on premium only to be told could not refund premium as it is outside 14 day cooling off period, surely this would not apply to the current circumstances. Tick insurance are only interested in taking your money nothing else. We are all in this together Tick Travel Insurance.

DestinationAustralia, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Dianne, I'm sorry for the experience you've had, and I understand your frustration. I would encourage you to email complaints@tickinsurance.com.au and the team will lodge your complaint formally and investigate your case. Thanks, Anna

Dianne

Tried to send email of complaint to this address but does not go through , also tried to send to your customer service department to forward onto complaints department that email also bounced back with could not deliver.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Dianne, if you send me your policy number via private message here on Product Review, I can help you lodge your complaint. Thanks, Anna

Change travel dates of policy - no customer service answer

DestinationEurope

Aaron A

Aaron AGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible communication and service

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Aaron, I'm sorry for the experience you've had, and I understand your frustration. I would encourage you to email complaints@tickinsurance.com.au and the team will lodge your complaint formally and investigate your case. Thanks, Anna

MarionSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still Waiting

What worries me is that you take out Top Travel insurance and think you are covered, but now that we have this coronavirus level 4 cannot travel, we shall see the true colours of insurance companies. I have put in a request for a refund for 2 accommodations in Bali and have given the insurance company copies of passport, health care card information, also copies of the accommodation with a letter from us requesting a refund from the accommodation. This was all requested by Tick insurance which I have emailed to them. Hope they come to the party of giving us a refund.
Marion.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

WilsonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scam and misleading

Lodge claim but nill result. Before I purchased the insurance, there is nothing mentioned about covid19 on their website around mid to end february, their website backdated with covid19 rules and anything purchase after 31 january you will not be able to claim. This is scam - anyone wants to buy please take screenshot their website. they will use all ways to avoid the claim.

Type of ClaimOther and Personal Liability
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

JeanieSydney Surrounds, NSW

They just pocket the money

Paid for top cover for myself and husband for our overseas trip in Early January 2020
But as a level 4 travel restriction in place due to corona virus We cannot travel and when I asked for a refund on my policy they refused saying no refunds and no credit
So they just pocket the money and offer nothing for it
Never again will I insure with this company

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Jeanie, I'm sorry for the experience you've had, and I understand your frustration. I would encourage you to email complaints@tickinsurance.com.au and the team will lodge your complaint formally and investigate your case. Thanks, Anna

I have done this

Dan

DanCaulfield

Poor customer service and a bunch of Liars

They take forever to respond for starters and they are a typical insurer who will do anything to get out of paying. I booked insurance before the coronavirus was deemed an pandemic and wanted to claim for my cancelled flights etc but they lie and say that on their site at that point it said they're not covering for the virus and that I would have had to have clicked to confirm that I understand this which is completely false. I should have gone with my normal insurers. Don't waste your money.

DestinationEurope

Graham WilkinsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Will never insure with them again. Bad sevice

I booked insurance with them 30 August 2019 for my trip to Japan in May. Because of the Corona Virus i was forced to cancel my trip. My flight and all accommodations have been cancelled and refunded.

Today i rang the insurance to request a refund for the money i paid them and was told No they do not give Refund. WHY. You buy something in a shop and you can return it if not used and get full refund. I am not going on my trip and will not use the insurance, so why are not giving the refund at a time like this.

Why should we booked with you again. Can we trust you. NO.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Graham, I'm very sorry that you are in this situation. If you contact complaints@tickinsurance.com.au with your policy number, and your complaint will be formally lodged and investigated. I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

LyndalGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unsympathetic company

Recent trip cancelled due to COVID-19 and this company will not allow refunds on policies or postponement due to worldwide lock down. Whilst I am putting my life on the line working in an Emergency department potentially being exposed to COVID19, these crooks are sitting back counting the COVID cash. Shame on you Tick, absolute shame.

Poor Customer Service

I tried to reschedule my insurance today as it was no longer needed due to corona virus but got told by customer service rep that I had called the day before to confirm I needed it and it is now too late. Considering I was at work the whole day and have no recollection of doing this they assure me I did, however they can't tell me when I called, who took the message or why I would need insurance for a trip I had cancelled five days earlier. Tried to speak with a manager but they were all too busy so I'm not expecting any joy from this mob.
Price is pretty cheap but you get what you pay for I suppose, I won't be using them again and can't recommend them as an insurer.

Tony_Preston
Tony_Preston

your rep told me I called yesterday to confirm that I still needed the insurance and because I'd done that it was now too late to change the dates

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Tony, if you send me your policy number via private message here on Product Review, we'll be able to investigate all calls connected to your case, and respond from there. Thanks, Anna

Robert H.Murray Region, NSW

Simply awful waste of money

Spent 1.5 hrs on hold this morning to be told they would not compensate us 1 cent even though we bought their top cover before the Coronavirus outbreak ,complete rip off

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Robert H.

I purchased the policy on the 12/01 before the outbreak!!!! And you still told me to go away

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Travel insurance - change of date

I recently purchased a travel insurance policy for my trip to Bali which was recently postponed due to the Coronavirus pandemic. I contacted them to change the date and there is nothing they can do for me. I don't want a refund, I just want to change it to a future date but I don't know when that will be at the moment. I received credit for my flights and accommodation at late notice so can't understand why Tick Insurance can't do the same due to the circumstances in the world at the moment.

paul

paul

zero customer service

Purchased travel insurance from this company.
They will not answer the phone ,or respond to emails
Do not bother using this company ,you will not be able to get any assistance from them . you will end up giving away your money.

DestinationNew Zealand
Terry

TerryPerth, WA

Tick cruise cover excellent

Having compared policies online, I found Tick cruise cover was very competitive on premiums and easy to apply for online, including for my existing medical condition at no extra premium.

Nev. BARROWasked

Tick Travel Insurance - Top

Can I claim for a Air Vanuatu flight cancelled on 22/03/2020. Replacement flight purchased for our party of 4 adults and 1 infant.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Nev, if you purchased your policy before 4:00pm on 31st January, and your policy included cancellation cover, then you are eligible to claim for cancelling your trip, although it sounds like perhaps you are rescheduling instead of cancelling. Therefore, I cannot advise on the outcome of your claim, and I would recommend you lodge a claim. The below link includes all of the information you will need to lodge online, via email or via post, along with a list of documents that need to be included along with your claim.
Thanks, Anna

Nev. BARROW

Why did tick accept and take money for travel insurance after the 31st January then why did they take our money after that date for travel insurance our flights were cancelled by air Vanuatu 2 days before we were due to fly back to Australia not our fault and no explanation from air Vanuatu

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Nev, we continued to sell policies that provided the same wide range of cover our policies had offered before this date, with the exception of claims related to coronavirus. In addition, it was deemed a known event by this point, meaning it would be expected the policy was entered into with awareness of the virus and its developments. I would recommend you contact complaints@tickinsurance.com.au with your policy number. They will be able to formally lodge your complaint and investigate your case. Thanks, Anna

Cath C

Cath Casked

Tick Travel Insurance - Top

I purchased this cover in October 2019 for a trip in May. We are postponing this trip due to COVID. My cover does include COVID-19 events. I will be taking this trip - to exactly the same destinations and exactly the same travel duration - but a simple transfer of dates will need to apply. I have emailed customer service weeks ago however as yet to receive a response. There is nothing mentioned in my T&C's to indicate that a date change cannot apply. In fact - I'm sure a lot of policies have date changes applicable seeing as people purchase travel insurance before travel dates become firm. This request is being made before the commencement of my trip. Please advise on this and how a travel date change can be applied.

Hi Cath,
I think if you go into your booking, it should allow you to change the dates, if not, just get in contact with the actual place you are booked into and see if they will allow a credit to be held for you.
And they would probably be able to change your dates also. If its non-refundable you may have just lost your money, Good luck.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Cath, thanks for reaching out, but I'm afraid we are not able to change the dates on your policy, as this isn't something we can offer. Also, I'm afraid a refund can only be made if the policy was purchased within the last 14 days. Thanks, Anna

Neil Nancarrowasked

Tick Travel Insurance

Is the normal travel insurance policy (to Norfolk island) covered for 1) Delay, or 2 )Cancellation due to pandemic. Policy taken out 20/1/20. ref. Pol. No, MS/TK/305143/24642129 N.Nancarrow

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Neil, I can offer general advice on your eligibility to claim. Since you purchased before 31st January, there is no exclusion for coronavirus on your policy. Therefore, the main issue is whether your policy included cover for cancellation. If you have a policy that includes cancellation cover, you are eligible to claim for cancellation. If this is the case, I would advise you lodge a claim - the below links will be helpful in assisting you to lodge online, via email, or via post.

Thanks, Anna

Neil Nancarrow

Anna, thanks very much for your prompt attention to our query. Will contact Tour Provider to find out what is their situation re. our proposed tour and act accordingly. Thanks again, Neil

My pleasure Neil, let me know if you need anything else. Thanks, Anna