Tick Travel Insurance

Tick Travel Insurance

4.0 from 1,006 reviews

Easy as & Affordable.

First time customer for this company. Quick & easy to process to work through with prompt responses & confirmation. Reasonably good value. Would certainly use them again for future travel insurance needs.

DestinationAustralia/Oceania

Quick and easy to use

Value for money,easy to run through the application and choose which cover you want, very quick to get covered.Highly recommended and will definately come back when I am travelling again.

Insurance Cover For:Child
Claim MadeNo

Easy to set up and very affordable!!

First time customer I have booked for a family group going on an overseas trip
The online application was made so easy and Tick had offered the best and affordable travel insurance compared to other company's I had looked at
go on check them out!!

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager
Claim MadeNo

Quite happy with the web site

It was easy to get a quote and make the appropriate payment. The email response was quick and accurate. I have used Tick previously I think twice before. Unfortunately we had to make a claim on one of our policies as I son passed away so we had to cancel the trip. The paperwork was a lot but understandably so as I suppose there have been people that have rorted the systems in the past which makes it hard for the honest people. To Tick's credit we were quite happy with the timing of the settlement

DestinationAustralia/Oceania
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedYes

Budget priced and perfect for my travel needs.

First time using Tick Travel and for peace of mind purchased 3 months prior to travel in August. Very easy to set up, although i thought it could have stated per person for the amount.

DestinationNorth America
Claim MadeNo

Change in schedule, not a problem

I had to change my travel dates due to a change in plans. I contacted Tick Administration, they provided the most efficient solution. The team here is professional and friendly.

USA2019

Very good value. Ist time with this company. As trip has not commenced, no claim appropriate. The coverage seems suitable and sufficient for my needs, and will look here for future trips.

DestinationNorth America

Great

Have used previously and found very easy to arrange and the helpful staff make for a pleasant experience.
It was good value for the price and covers all our requirements & would recommend highly.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
DestinationSouth America
Claim MadeNo

Great value and easy to purchase through comparison site. Also had good value for money and ease of claims online.

Cheapest like for like policy found on comparison site. Other policy quotes more than twice the price for the same product. Also very easy to purchase on line. Will review again if I need to make a claim. That’s when the rubber hits the road.

Claim MadeNo

Travel insurance to be used

3 to 4 times we have used Tick fortunately we have not had to make any claims. Good value for money have been happy with the online registration and easy to do

Excellent Travel Insurance For Excellent Prices

I have never had to claim so that is a big thing as really you don't know how good such a product is until you need to use it but as far as everything else goes and what is said to be covered.....for the price you would stupid to go elsewhere.

DestinationAsia and Australia/Oceania

The Best Rate for Seniors

We are regular travellers and the competitors couldn't match the rate from Tick. The instant quote and back up confirmation emails were excellent. We hope not to make a claim, but we trust the claims service is also of a high standard.

Easy breezy

Very easy to set my policy up. I've never needed to lodge a claim, and I have used the tick travel 3 times, and each time it was a great easy site, clear and concise information, well set out.

Affordable Top Cover

Have now used Tick Travel Insurance 5 times since January 2018. So far have never had to lodge a claim.
The overall policy is fairly easy to set up online (which is the only way to purchase) including Q & A about pre-existing medical conditions. It is no good if you travel overseas for more than 90 days.

Single trip travel insurance

Good value and able to get snowsports. Easy to do online quote and check pre existing medical. Haven't left for trip yet . haven't use this insurance company before. Reviews seemed OK.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior

Don’t know

At this time we cannot review tricks travel insurance. As you are aware we are still a week away from travelling. I always go for the cheapest travel insurance. Not necessarily the best.I will gladly review your insurance at the end of our trip through your email or through Facebook and hope I don’t have to use your insurance policy overseas your sincerely Robert Richardson

good price

have used tick several times so far no need for a claim easy to book helpful staff phone contact fast and polite helped with mistake i made online good value

Beware

I have been a Tick customer for 3 years.On a recent trip to Hong Kong I required medical attention at a local Public Hospital.Before going to hospital I rang Tick to advise them of my situation.They were helpful and supportive telling me to get receipts for any treatment and a doctors certificate so I could submit a claim. The following day they contacted me to see how I was going.I appreciated their concern and assistance.
I submitted my claim at the end of March 2019.In mid April I sent an e-mail seeking information re progress of my claim.I received no reply.At the end of April I sent another e-mail requesting information. To date I have still had no contact from Tick.
Where do I go from here? Wait and hope that eventually I will get some response from Tick or do I seek
assistance from another source? Perhaps Consumer Affairs may be a starting point.
Very disappointing and frustrating

Claim MadeYes
Hi Bob, I'm sorry you've had a bad experience and been kept waiting. This is unusual for us, and it's not acceptable either. I will chase this up for you immediately and send you a message with more details on your case when I am brought up to speed. Thanks, Anna

Simple

Website was easy to use. Medical was the best I had ever used to supply the answer. It appears to be good value. Pleased that you do not discriminate for people over 60.

So far so good

First time user, easy to use web site only hope it is as easy to claim if needed. Good to see there is no discrimination against people over 60. Time will tell.

Claim MadeNo

Many reviews on this website refer to speaking with a customer service officer. I am unable to locate a phone number on Tick's website (other than the emergency one which obviously I don't wish to use). Any help/number would be appreciated.
try 1300235444

Can you please confirm that if we need to cancel a trip for our family of 4 then what our excess would be on our top cover policy. My understanding is that it would be $200 but from my initial inquiry it is $800 or even $2000 (10 flight segments). I am totally confused and disheartened if the later is the case as that pretty much defeats the purpose of taking out the policy in the first place?
Hi Narelle, The way we charge the excess is per person, per section per event. I can confirm that for your family of 4 (including you) all claimed for cancelling your trip before departure, your excess would be $200 per person, $800 in total. When claiming pre-trip cancellation, you wouldn't be charged an excess for every flight segment you had in your trip. Alternatively, you do have the option removing your excess entirely. This is called an excess eliminator, and means you won't pay the standard excess, although this will increase the price of your premium. If you want to do this, I recommend you email info@tickinsurance.com.au as soon as possible to allow them to apply this to your policy. Hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

What is health screening
Hi Dominic, good question. In order to have medical costs related to your preexisting conditions covered under your travel insurance policy, you are required to declare all of your preexisting medical conditions. This is any condition you've been diagnosed with or treated for in the past 5 years. The process of declaring your conditions is often called a health screening. But it's not the kind of health test that requires you to visit the doctor: if you go to our website (https://www.tickinsurance.com.au) you can do your medical screening all online a couple of minutes. Hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

Similar listings