4.0 from 1,317 reviews

SueR

SueRNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Comprehensive coverage. Good value. Quick reply to query

Have purchased Tick insurance but never had to make a claim. I particularly like that you can choose natural disaster as an extra cover as I was travelling to known earthquake and volcano areas. Incorrect details on my policy were easily and quickly fixed within 24 hours of me noticing them.

DestinationSouth America

Liz

LizGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Covers majority of needs

Excellent value - easy to set up. I Have used Tick 4 times for International travel, I have not made a claim. I have cancelled one policy due to my error - Staff were very helpful

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), South America and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Steve L.

Steve L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Straightforward and great value

Easy to navigate website, very simple process and great value for money compared to other policies
Hopefully won't need to make a claim but pretty confident if needed will be a straightforward process

vwalsh

vwalshAU

Good value for money

We took out Tick Insurance as it was the best deal for what they were offering. We didn't need to make a claim so i can't comment on the claims process but the policy was good, the excess was average and the deal overall was worthwhile - we used Tick again for our most recent trip.

Claim MadeNo

Had no issues with this insurance company and they seem to cover everything

Yes great value, better than the other travel companies. Easy to set up and this is the 2nd time. I have not lodged a claim. I will be using again

Insurance Cover For:Adult, Child, Senior and Teenager

Saeed

Saeed

is a good one

The value is good, but the excess policy not. so this is a reason I paid more to get the no access option.
this is my second time with you r company.
thanks

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager
Claim MadeNo

I can only accurately review if I need to make a claim - I don't leave for 12 months

It is ridiculous to ask for a review when the product has not yet been used. I don't leave for 12 months - all you have done so far is take my money. I have actually communicated this by telephone when asked for a review previously.

DestinationEurope

Macka

MackaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quick & Easy process applying, but am yet to travel

Applying was good and simple, rates very good but until we actually travel we can not comment as yet. Insurance claims can be very complicated and how fully we dont have to but if we do expect it to be a simple detailed process.

DestinationAustralia and New Zealand
Happy Travelers

Happy TravelersWanniassa 2903, ACT

Top cover at a bargain price!

Great value policy - covers everything and more for such a great price
Highly competitive in the market
This is the 3rd time we have used Tick Travel Insurance and highly recommend them :)

Karen

Karen Perth, WA

I have tried to contact tick insurance and it is 2 days later and no response.

I have not even left on my holiday as yet

No I do not feel it is good value considering the lack of customer service

No I have not lodged a claim

I have never used this insurance and at this point probably never will again

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

Natalie R.

Natalie R.North Queensland, QLD

I have paid for a policy and I have a receipt but no existing policy is in your system. You're not avail 24 hours, hopeless

I have a receipt email and the policy number on this receipt does not exist when I try to log in. Your closed and I can't contact anyone to discuss. This is hopeless. I've never had this trouble with Travel Insurance (TID) but thought I'd give Tick a go and wish I hadn't now!

June Jaye

June JayeRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Always choose Tick

Easy to do online, great price, have not had any problems. Last time I had help via telephone and indeed the staff member was extremely helpful. Will definitely use again!
Happy customer.

Sasha

SashaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Super cheap- my travel agent couldn't come near the price- I hope if I need to use it the same is so for the quality.

The Policy was for two of us for 20 days travelling to Brisbane-London- Dublin and then Brisbane, The pricing was terrific. I have always obtained travel insurance prior to travel. however I have been fortunate to never have to make a claim. We don't travel until October 2020 so I can advise further after the trip.

DestinationEurope

Gabrielle

GabriellePeel, WA

Never claimed... you never know how good the company is until you need to claim

I have used this company many times... never claimed. Hope they are good if I ever need to. Easy to navigate and choose best cover after comparing all on offer.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
John Bowling

John BowlingCentral West, NSW

always try to use tick insurance

Very competitive and reasonable as my husband and I don't drink or smoke we are very heathy other insurances don't take that into account and are to expensive .never lodge a claim and I think this is our 4 time with you

Nicole B.

Nicole B.Darling Downs, QLD

Cheap but reliable insurance

Good value insurance. Cheap but also covers pre existing conditions. Which is handy in our case. Never made a claim as yet and use these guys on 8 cruises. Easy to use website

GLQ

GLQSydney, NSW

Worst EVER!

Mobile was stolen whilst on holiday. Submitted a claim which should be pretty easy but ended up back and fourth. Customer service via email was painfully slow and had to wait 10 each time for a reply. After 2 months of waiting I gave them 48 hour to respond before escalating the claim to the travel insurance ombudsman. Within an hour they responded - quickest they have ever apart from taking the money at the start. The claim was declined in the end and the letter received was dated 2 weeks ago. Not sure why I wasn't told 2 week prior when the letter was drafted. I can only guest the overseas workforce must get paid more the longer they make you wait. The price paid was the cheapest I could find and I won't make the same mistake.

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

A Brain

A BrainPerth, WA

Don't waste your money.

Lodged a claim for out of pocket expenses due to flight cancellation. Saved the insurance company 2 days worth of food and accommodation claims if stayed with same carrier. Asked for refund and changed carriers, only to be told they wouldn't pay for difference in flight cost as weren't stuck for more than 24hrs.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

very good value and cover for price

It is good value would use again for future travel simple to obtain wide range of cover for priceand values of cover is more than adequate for general travel needs

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationNew Zealand and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Claim MadeNo

Good value, service and claim process.

Policy was easy to read, website clear, setup was quick.
We have made 3 claims which have been smooth. Resolution was speedy and successful. Contact with the company is smooth.
We have used the company Tick Travel 5 times for International Travel, booked once for Domestic atm.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical and Other
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

elaine daveyasked

why do u not cover liquidation of a travel company.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Elaine, thanks for reaching out.

We do provide cover in the case of financial default of any scheduled service airline, hotel, accommodation provider, motor vehicle rental or hire agency, bus line, shipping line or railway company. We provide cover if you have to re-arrange your trip, if your trip has to be cancelled because you cannot re-arrange it, or if you have to return home because of the financial default of an above company, and this causes you to incur additional expenses. However, as with any insurance, there are some exclusions, which include financial default of travel agents, tour operators or booking agents.

Thanks, Anna

elaine davey

thanku Anna. However. There must be exceptional circumstances. Such as my friends who are out of pocket for $24.000 through no fault of their own because Bentours went into liquidation. They took out travel insurance with your company in all good faith. my husband,and,I were travelling with them to celebrate both our 50th wedding anniversaries and have all been saving up for this trip. My travel insurance company have made an exception for us and have paid out the full cost of the trip to us. Why can't u do the same for my friends. They do not have alot of money and are pensioners.
this was to be there last trip. They are devastated. Their trip was booked over one year ago. The,airline will only refund the airfare to the travel company not to my friends. Because the travel company no longer exists, this is a ridiculous situation. With the number of people travelling paying travel insurance and never claiming surely in all good will u can make an exception as my travel insurance company has. What is $24.000 to your company, peanuts, where to my friends its everything. My friends have provided your company with all their documentation, so you can see how genuine they are.
Please pay them out, the full amount, its upsetting to see them so devestated
I can provide you with their names

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi Elaine, I'm genuinely sorry for your friends missing out on their holiday. I'm afraid I can't comment on how your insurer handled your case, but making an exception in one case is unfair on other customers that don't get the same special allowances made. This is why we are consistent in evaluating all claims against our PDS, which seems to exclude the situation your friends are in - although I am not part of the claims team, nor am I familiar with the exact details of their claim. I feel terrible for the situation your friends find themselves in, but we aren't able to make a change to our policies for one case, as it would mean evaluating some claims differently from others. I'm very sorry your friends are going through this, and they are able to appeal the decision of their claim by emailing complaints@tickinsurance.com.au. This will trigger a re-investigation of their case by a team independent of claims. I hope this helps in some way. Thanks, Anna

Tj.ka

Tj.kaasked

We have travel insurance through our Amex card which will cover the first 60 days in Thailand. Can we get cover for the final 30 days of our trip?

Ompy
Ompy

I don't see why not. When completing the application for Tick Travel Insurance put the 'last' date of your 60 days cover with Amex as the 'first' date of the next 30 days. You will be required to give an 'end' date which will be the day you arrive back home. Therefore ensuring you are covered for the entire period. You will also be able to confirm this by using live chat with Tick. Hope this helps.

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi there, thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, you aren't able to purchase our travel insurance for the final 30 days of your trip. The reason for this is that your policy start date must be the date you leave on your travels, and you cannot purchase travel insurance from us after you have already arrived at your destination. I would recommend seeing if our cover is right for you, and if it is, purchasing a policy from us that covers your entire 90 day journey. Alternatively, if you have already purchased, we have a 14 day cooling off period, within which you are able to get a full refund on your policy as long as you have not already used any of the benefits of your policy, or commenced travel.

I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

MariMar

MariMarasked

Do you have 1 year cover for 2 different trips ( Canada and Bali) How much for 2 seniors please?

Anna J.Tick Travel Insurance

Hi MariMar, thanks for reaching out.

Yes, I'm pleased to say we would be able to provide you with cover for up to 365 days at a time. I would really like to be able to provide you with a quote, but I'm not qualified to quote you, and there are too many factors that would affect your premium. It's fast and easy to get a tailored quote online by going to our website: https://www.tickinsurance.com.au/. Here you can declare any medical conditions and get a price instantly.

I hope this helps.