4.7 from 2,673 reviews

2,288

cavalierskye

cavalierskyeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Wonderful service

We had to cancel our holiday due to the typhoon and Southern Cross rapidly assessed our claim and paid us the amount we requested.
We would definitely insure with them again.

Type of ClaimOther and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateNovember 2019

Prompt service

We have used SCTI before but have never made a claim. This time we made 2 claims and both were assessed quickly and fairly and money deposited in our account.
We will definitely insure with them again.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and Europe
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Geoff, thanks for sharing your experience - it's great to hear your feedback. We look forward to covering your future travels, Pepper@SCTI

Alex

Alex

Deceptive, wouldn't purchase their insurance again

Made a claim to reimburse my trip cancellation costs but got rejected. Saying it doesnt fit their definition of unexpected events. Its deliberately not stated in their policy so they can decide whatever suit them!!!

DestinationSouth America
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Brian Scull

Brian ScullSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best service ever!

We incurred a large fee from a cruise company treating my wife for pneumonia. On our return to Australia we contacted SCTI with all the details and their response was extremely quick, very courteous and helpful. The refund was in our bank account asap. In comparison to other insurance companies I have dealt with over the past few years SCTI are far superior in terms of processing and customer service. Thank you SCTI :)

Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Brian, I'm sorry to hear that your wife was unwell during your cruise, I hope she's recovering well. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the Product Review community. All the best, Pepper@SCTI

Pauline

PaulineSydney, NSW

Outstanding

I was persuaded to use SCTI by the positive online reviews and it was fortunate I did. My husband had a bad accident in Corsica requiring surgery and ten days in hospital. The SCTI First Assistance team were excellent. They were helpful and efficient and demonstrated real medical expertise and understanding. Hospital bills were paid directly to the hospital and other expenses I claimed after arriving home were paid within two weeks. I have recommended them to family and friends and would not consider using anyone else in future.

Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations

Cat

CatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The most professional and easiest insurance company to deal with!

The policy was easy to set up.
I had to make a claim due to unfortunate circumstances back home.
The people I spoke to over the phone were excellent to deal with very symaphetic to what had happened and steered me in the right direction of how to lodge my claim.
The result was made within 8 business days of me sending off the relevant documents with a public holiday included in there. So under 2 weeks of lodging the claim I have received payout with no fuss.
Can not recommend southern cross enough.
Have used them a few times now and will not be using anyone else in the future.
The best travel insurance company to deal with.

Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Cat, I'm sorry to hear about the circumstances that led to your claim. It's great to hear that our team were able to guide you through the process to make it as stress-free as possible. All the best, Pepper@SCTI

Johannes

JohannesSydney

Flight KLM to Amsterdam - Suitcase Destroyed - clothing damaged

Suit case was destroyed, clothing damaged. Within 3 days the claim for replacement of the damaged clothing was settled. Impressed with the quick service, would recommend this company highly. Great value for money, certainly recommended over and above some of the well known Travel Insurance companies. My son who suffered tooth problems and required the services of a dentist also was insured with SCTI and he was fully reimbursed for the services provided in Holland. So, next time we travel we know where our choice of Travel Insurance will be made.

Claim DateNovember 2019
Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

made a scary experience much easier

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEurope and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
maryann

maryannHunter Region, NSW

The best travel insurance.

I have used this insurance company for a number of years. The first time was for a nine month stint in Spain, then multilpe trip insurance for this year and last. It was very easy to set up. Unfortunately, i've had to claim over that time for medical, dental, car rental damages and stolen items. The online claim procedure is easy and all claims have been paid. I've recommended this company to others and will never use any other. I spend 2 months twice a year in Spain and having this insurance takes the stress out of travelling.

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess and Lost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Maryann, I'm sorry to hear about the circumstance that led to your claims. Thank you for your kind review and continued loyalty. All the best, Pepper@SCTI

Tom T

Tom TGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent service

Service for both taking out travel insurance and settling a claim was both quick and easy. Pricing is competitive making SCTI good value for money and with the one claim we made they responded quickly and fuss free.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Tom, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Product Review community. We hope to hear from you when you're planning your next adventure, Pepper@SCTI

No insurance fuss or issues!

SCTI is competitively priced & no fuss with all several previous policies. Have no claims, but airports have rough baggage handling practices resulting in some unfortunate baggage damage! We are satisfied with choosing SCTI in our future travel plans.

Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Yohann-Linda Vilinskis, thanks for sharing your experience - it's great to hear your feedback. We look forward to covering your future travels, Pepper@SCTI

Sara

SaraMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Helpful & trustworthy

Used SCTI twice so far. Very easy to deal with, good value, quick response, minimum fuss & excellent personal phone assistance with questions. Never made a claim, but strong impression SCTI can be trusted to be genuinely helpful whereas other companies stress people by trying every possible fine print or reason to delay or avoid claim reimbursements.

Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Sara, thanks for the great feedback, i'm happy you could travel with peace of mind, knowing you were covered by SCTI. We look forward to covering your next adventure, Pepper@SCTI

Kate

KateNortheast, VIC

Great Service snd value

We chose Southern Cross for their good reviews and value for money. We have now used them twice, each for extended travel overseas. We had to make a claim for medical expenses in the USA on one of those trips and Southern Cross was efficient, pleasant to deal with, and had paid or reimbursed all bills within 2 months. We are very happy to recommend them for travel insurance and will continue to use them in the future.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Kate, thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It's great to hear that our team were able to guide you through the process to make it as stress-free as possible. All the best, Pepper@SCTI

great friendly company

I was very impressed with the price, what was covered in the policy, the flexible and generous approach when I communicated with them, and the friendly, proactive follow up after I returned

Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Peter, your feedback is much appreciated and I'll pass it onto the team here at SCTI! Thanks for choosing us, Pepper@SCTI

Competitive and down to earth

Realistic cost for slightly older folk, with some good features (sensible hire car excess, clear understanding of pre-existing conditions, easy to get quote and complete form). Luckily, have not needed to make claim over 5 separate trips but process appears straightforward. However, overdue for a data-based emergency call number to fit modern communication.....need WhatsApp or similar.

DestinationMiddle East
Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Andrew, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback - it's really useful for us to collect insights from our customers so we can continually improve our service. I'll pass this over to our team for consideration. All the best, Pepper@SCTI

John D

John DSydney Surrounds, NSW

Friendly, efficient insurance

Just had SCTI process my claim. They asked all the right questions to justify the claim and within a week the claim was approved. No fuss, no hassle. Recommend with confidence. Thanks SCTI.

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi John, thank you for the lovely feedback and for taking the time to share this with others. We hope to hear from you when you're ready for your next holiday, Pepper@SCTI

Jarrod S.

Jarrod S.South East Queensland, QLD

Travel Insurance that does what it's meant to

We were happy with SCTI after the sign-up process was straight forward. We were extremely happy when the airlines cancelled our flights and we had to stay an extra day.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager
DestinationNew Zealand
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Jarrod, thanks for the great review. I'm pleased we could offer our support when your flights were cancelled. All the best, Pepper

Kristi

KristiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Stress free claim

Have used SCTI on a number of occasions and haven't required any claims. On my most recent trip I broke the touch screen of my GoPro whilst hiking. Submitted a claim on my arrival home and, after providing the required documents, my claim was approved promptly along with a super friendly email from the team : )

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Kristi, thanks for the five star review! It's good to hear your claiming experience was a positive one. All the best, Pepper@SCTI

Kezawei

KezaweiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Travel Insurance

It is super easy to set up a policy with Southern Cross. I haven't had any claims on my past few trips however I have made claims in the past and it was an easy process and my claim was resolved quickly. I have lost count of how many times I have used Southern Cross however it is probably around 10 times!

Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Kezawei, thanks for the great review and continued loyalty. It's great to hear that your past claiming experience was a positive one. All the best, Pepper@SCTI

ian tippett

ian tippettPerth, WA

Excellent trip Japan

Excellent value have used before easy to follow on line.
Would highly recommend all covered items easy to follow and if needed items not covered not over expensive
Felt comfortable over seas with this cover

Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Ian, thanks for sharing your experience - it's great to hear your feedback. We hope to hear from you when you're ready for your next holiday. All the best, Pepper@SCTI