4.7 from 2,694 reviews

Rick

RickHobart, TAS

Exemplary Service

I didn't think I would write such a review for an insurance company, but my experience in both taking out a policy and in making a claim (the test of a good policy and company) could not be faulted. Various members of my family have used SCTI over the last couple of years and I hope that their reasonable prices stay competitive as I plan to use them for a major overseas trip this year.

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess

Rod H

Rod HNorth Western Region, NSW

Great value got money.

I have used SCTI numerous times over the last 4 years while travelling overseas to visit family. Comparing policies offered with other companies, I find they meet all my needs, at a reasonable price. Unfortunately I had a need to claim on my trip taken late last year but all benefits were paid as per the schedule quickly and without any hassle.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Glen C

Glen CPerth, WA

No Issues

We have traveled a few times with SCTI and had no issues or claims. When we got home there was a courtesy email providing details if we had to claim. Comforting to have that.
Before we left, I discovered I had inserted the wrong return date, being too short. Placed a phone call and the new dates given and all sorted in a very friendly and professional manner.
Will use these folks again for sure.

Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Glen, thanks for sharing your experience - it's great to hear your feedback. All the best, Pepper@SCTI

great insurance but poor customer service

Great travel insurance and normally very responsive to contact via supplied numbers. However! I did contact SCTI on email when the recent Coronavirus issues arose as we were travelling in Japan , just asking where we stand with our insurance and given that health organisations had declared higher emergency status and if our insurance was still valid. Sadly no one ever got back to me - Very Poor form guys.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child

MattGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Ever Experience

Gina Jones

Gina JonesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect Travel Insurance

I travel extensively and always choose Southern Cross Insurance. It's perfect for my needs at a competitive price. Claiming was fast and easy. Highly recommend and wouldn't use anyone else

DestinationEurope, North America (inc. Hawaii) and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Claim DateJuly 2016

Great Service

This was my first time claiming on travel insurance after a theft on an overseas trip. I expected a complicated and drawn out process, but SCTI put all of my fears to rest. Their service is excellent, their processes were clear and straightforward, and my claim was processed quickly and fairly. I will absolutely be a return customer for future trips, and am very grateful for how well my claim was handled.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property

Gabi Pulla

Gabi PullaNortheast, VIC

Review

Absolutely no issues at all, good value for travellers over the age of 60. No hassles at all and easy to take out the policy on line. Thank you all

Hi Gabi Pulla, thanks for the lovely review! All the best, Pepper@SCTI

Carl

CarlGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Highly recommend.

I had 3 days stay in a Chinese Hospital costing over $10,000. SCTI answered the phone no matter what time of the day and liaised with the hospital. Filled out a couple of forms when i returned to Australia and the matter was sorted out in no time. They covered the full cost.
I very rarely leave reviews but felt i should because of the great service they provided.

Claim DateOctober 2019
Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Carl, I'm sorry to hear that you were unwell while in China. I hope you're recovering well. Thank you for the lovely feedback and for taking the time to share this with others. All the best, Pepper@SCTI

Mickey

Mickey

Is this clause a "Get out of jail free" clause???

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

amc1234South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed with Claims Proccess

Have used SCTI before but never had to claim until booking replacement flights 3 weeks ago. After claim message saying they needed 9 business days, it's now 3 weeks later and they haven't even assigned someone to the claim and keep saying call back next week and blaming glitches. Out of pocket $4,000 and have had no help from SCTI.

Claim ApprovedNo
Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi amc1234, I'm very sorry about the delay in processing your claim. Can you please send us an email at info@scti.com.au with your claim number or policy number, and we'll have a look into this for you. All the best, Pepper@SCTI

amc1234

Every time I email I get a notice saying it will take 3 business days for a reply, so would rather not add more waiting time to this again.

Kezawei

KezaweiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Another great Southern Cross Travel experience

We always use Southern Cross Travel for our Travel Insurance and it is always seamless. We have used this company multiple times and have never had a bad experience. No problems on our last few trips however when we have had to make a claim in the past it has always been actioned promptly. Policies are so easy to set up and communication is always prompt. Couldn't recommend this company highly enough.

Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Kezawei, thank you for your kind review and continued loyalty. We look forward to covering your next adventure, Pepper@SCTI

Kim H.

Kim H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Trying to get travel insurance

Tried multiple times ( ie 9 times) to get travel insurance, each time the web site told me it had timed out ( even though I rushed through the filling out of forms in the end)
I haven’t had a problem in the past...but now I have to look for another insurance agent!

Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Kim H, we're very sorry about the issues you experienced on our website. We've now fixed this technical glitch. If you need any assistance, please call our team on 1800 196 484, or email us at info@scti.com.au. All the best, Pepper@SCTI

Des

DesSydney, NSW

Pleasant customer experience

I have been using SCTI for a number of years. Never had to claim. Yet, I believe they have good customer service ethics and the product is easy to set up online. Prices are not the cheapest in the market but reasonable.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Des, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. All the best, Pepper@SCTI

Jeff Swann

Jeff SwannWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Perfect cover for our trip, good value

Although we have used Southern Cross Travel Insurance a number of time we have been fortunate and have not had to make a claim. We have always been kept up to date with happenings in the travelling world and feel sure that if we did have to claim we would be looked after by the team

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Jeff, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Product Review community. We hope to hear from you when you’re ready for your next holiday, Pepper@SCTI

M El-saafin

M El-saafinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Insurance means no worries

I'm Lucky for not having any claim which means my trip was successful and has no issues or problems. Reading the other people comments, make me feel that I picked the right one.

DestinationEurope and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi M El-saafin, I’m happy you could travel with peace of mind, knowing you were covered by SCTI. Thanks for choosing us, Pepper@SCTI

Great service and claims process

After an unexpected death in the family, we had to adjust our flights and incurred a cost to do so. The SCTI team were very helpful and understanding, and the claim process was very simple.

DestinationSouth America
Claim DateNovember 2019
Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child

laura m.

laura m.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic Service

SCTI were extremely helpful when my flights were cancelled the night before departing for my trip, I contacted them regarding booking new flights and they were helpful in checking my policy. The claim process was straight forward and prompt. I will definitely be taking out future policies with SCTI again.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateDecember 2019
Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Laura,thanks for sharing your experience - it's great to hear your feedback. We look forward to covering your next adventure, Pepper@SCTI

NannaCintaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Woeful Service

Claim DateNovember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Southern Cross T.Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi NannaCinta, I'm very sorry you have not heard from us regarding your claim. Could you please email us an with your claim number and we will investigate this for you. We look forward to hearing from you, Pepper@SCTI

NannaCinta

I have emailed a number of times already

Gun

GunSouth East Queensland, QLD

Exceptional service

Used Southern Cross for our travel insurance several times. Last year had to claim when a fall resulting in a cracked rib made a hospital visit necessary. Our claim for medical expenses was settled easily and quickly. Unfortunately a cruise booked several months ago had to be cancelled recently due to a medical problem. After submitting relevant documents our claim was settled speedily and efficiently. This company is certainly to be recommended and we will never consider another company for our future travel insurance requirements. Their premiums are excellent value and website easy to negotiate when setting up.