4.7 from 2,744 reviews

2,744 reviews
Millsy

MillsyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Not your average insurance company!!

Have been a customer for many years, our claim was kept open until all our refunds came back from tour, air and cruise companies.
We were emailed monthly, to see how we were going with our refunds, our last refund was 0n 19/7/20, after emailing SCTI today, 21/7/20 we received our balance or shortfall this afternoon, same day !! For me, this is extraordinary for any insurance company, well done SCTI.
PS. thank you Sarah from claims !!!

Claim DateFebruary 2020
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Millsy, thank you so much for your feedback. We're really happy that we were able to make your claiming experience such a good one. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Vgm

VgmSydney, NSW

Never use them again

we found ourselves having to pay for flights back to Australia due to Covid-19. Nothing back at all. Had to get AFCA to negotiate refund on unused Policy portion. The wording is so tight that everything got blamed on the pandemic. I’ve used them for the last 15 years. NEVER AGAIN.

SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi, I'm sorry you're not happy with cover related to COVID-19. If you have any further questions, please call our team for help on 1800 196 484, or email us at info@scti.com.au. All the best, Deb@SCTI

No Help, or remunerations, it stinks

Took out a policy with SCTI last September before anyone in the world knew about Covid-19, took out extra cover to cover cost of Trip which was 20K, claimed for accommodation in India and subsequent Flight home having being asked to leave India because all Tourists were being expelled, in the small print on an obscure page apparently it states that if a Pandemic is declared your insurance policy is voided, that's all well and good but at least we should receive a refund of the cost of the policy having taken out our policy as I said above in September everything is weighted in favour of your company and I for one will never use you company again, and I will inform anyone who will listen about how bad you have treated us

Claim DateMay 2020
John From Mandurah
John From Mandurah

Policy number

take1ststep

take1ststepSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible SCTI to deal with, Never again will buy insurance with SCTI

Bought Travel insurance before Pandemic was declared, travelled oversease. Had to return back to Oz due to Pandemic bought new tickets, etc.
SCTI refused to pay new expenses due to Pandemic. That's it. Ni one could predict a pandemic would be declared so quickly. Don't want to take any responsibility but they are happy to take your money when you pay the premium. Appealed through their internal processes to no avail.

DON'T ever bother to buy insurance with this company, waste of money and time trying to get my money back.

DestinationEurope
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Easy application and good value

Have insured with SCTI over several years now. Applying remains simple and the cover is still great value. I have only ever needed to claim once but the cover is well worth the peace of mind.

DestinationEurope and New Zealand
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi MJM, we appreciate your review and hope we can help again soon. Best wishes Deb@SCTI

Leen

LeenSydney, NSW

Stand-up company. full premium refunded as travel cancelled due to covid

Appreciate SCTI to refund our premium paid for as our trip was cancelled. It was refunded quickly as well as waiving the usual $35 admin fee. Appreciate companies that try to assist customers during bad times.

DestinationSouth America
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Leen, We're pleased you're happy with your premium refund and appreciate your review. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

GFP

GFPPerth, WA

Don't travel without it.

Easy to set up. Easy to claim online when we supplied all the details required. Easy to clarify any questions we had over the phone. We rented a car for two months in New Zealand and unfortunately scraped one wheel against the curb. The rental company charged us and we made a claim on our travel insurance which was dealt with very efficiently to our satisfaction.

DestinationNew Zealand
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi GFP, thanks for your review. We're pleased we were able to help. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Dazza

DazzaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Jemma is a valuable GEM!!!!!

Claim DateApril 2020
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Daria, thanks so much for your review. I will pass your lovely comments on to Jemma. We're pleased we were able to help. All the best, Deb@SCTI

climber2205

climber2205

I knew they would find a way to avoid paying

I really don't know why I bother with insurance. the excuse they came up with was the Government enforced a lockdown due to covid. so that is a general exclusion.

Quick easy claim process

Used Southern Cross travel insurance for our Bali trip. My daughter required medical assistance whilst we were away. Came home, claimed online which was a very easy process. Received an email today saying the claim was approved and all medical expenses were refunded. It appears they chose to waive the $100 excess too. Thank you, I will definitely use Southern across for all future travel insurance (when the world goes back to normal!)

Type of ClaimMedical
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Jules. Thanks for your review. We're pleased we were able to help. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Great Travel Insurance

Would not use any other insurance company. Luckily did not need to claim on this trip. Unfortunately have claimed in the past and they were excellent to deal with; everytime we spoke with SCTI they were prepared : had liaised with medical teams overseas and had a plan of action in place. Communication was excellent.

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Jane, thanks for your review. We're pleased you had such a good experience. Best wishes Deb@SCTI

Very poor policy - waste of money

SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi, I'm sorry you're unhappy with the service you received. Please contact us on 1800 196 484, or email us at info@scti.com.au so we can look into this further. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Briana

BrianaSouthern and Hills, SA

Terrific service

First time we have used this inurance provider and found them excellent to deal with. Prompt replies to our queries. Would recommend them to anyone. Above our expectations. Great service.

DestinationNew Zealand
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim DateApril 2020
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Briana, thanks so much for your review. We're pleased you had such a good experience. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Wouldn't go with anyone else

Ive been using scti for all my previous travels and have never needed to make a claim, until my most recent trip to Vietnam! With the required information provided (receipts and police reports) I was able to have my claim processed within a few weeks and had my funds received within a months time

SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Ismail, thanks for the review. We're pleased we were able to help. Best wishes Deb@SCTI

Waste of money

Booked flights in May 2019 before anyone knew anything about a pandemic (and bought travel insurance around the same time) only to now be informed they won’t even refund ONE of our flights. What is the point in buying insurance?! I understand this is a difficult time but now is the time you should be supporting customers not creating new documents so that you don’t have to assist them. Will definitely reconsider ever buying travel insurance with southern cross travel again.

DestinationAustralia, East Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), Europe and North America (inc. Hawaii)

Saints

SaintsRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Wonderful Company

I highly recommend SCTI. I disembarked early from a cruise ship because of the coronavirus fears and changing ports, put in a claim 3 weeks ago, and this morning was advised that they have covered all my costs. Sarah, the Claims Assessor, was excellent. Will only use SCTI for future travel insurance. Thank you

DestinationAustralia
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Saints, thank you for your review. We're pleased you got home safely. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

No point of getting Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Spent $800 on this insurance for 4 months travel. They did not cover anything related to COVID-19 as they stated “We do appreciate that this was an unknown event for you, however, the policy does not cover such governmental restrictions” as QLD we’re closing their borders

DestinationEurope
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Sir Gyle

Sir GyleSouth Australia

Once is enough

Will never get an insurance from SCTI again. It was my first time to try SCTI but wont be using them again. I initially purchased from them upon seeing good reviews but alas, I was wrong. The airline canceled my flight and there's no point in going as threat of covid19 is increasing. They will not cover the cost or even half of the cost even though I purchased my insurance before the covid19 became a pandemic.

chez

chezSouth East Queensland, QLD

Highly recommended

I highly recommend this company, prompt claims process, good value for money, even with existing medical conditions,great choice of coverage especially for cruisingextra cost very reasonable for two extra medical conditions.

DestinationAustralia
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Chez, thanks for your review. We're pleased you had such a good experience. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI

Gladys Ling

Gladys LingIllawarra, NSW

No one should leave Australia without travel insurance.

my policy was accepted on line, and was great value for money. I paid for twelve months not expecting to claim as I'm a reasonably healthy person, but with the current virus I couldn't travel overseas as planned in October. My claim has been viewed and settled within a few weeks. I'm so pleased.

SCTISouthern Cross Travel Insurance

Hi Gladys, Thanks for your review. We're pleased we were able to help. Best wishes, Deb@SCTI