2,932

Kym Pelham

Kym PelhamSydney, NSW

great service, correct information and simple process

We travelled to Japan and unfortunately ended up being faced with a large Typhoon and limited flights to get home early. Our only choice was to upgrade and claim back on insurance. The total amount was paid 2 weeks after returning home. excellent

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

Craig B.

Craig B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Came Through

I broke my knee in Montreal - 1Cover were excellent, and got me home in 48 hours via business since I couldn't bend my knee. My claim experience was fine - within 36 hours I received my money minus the excess. The best $114 I ever spent.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJune 2019

Very Happy with claims result

Have used ICover many times. Ist time have had to cancel an overseas trip. Claim handled efficiently with no issues at all. Would recommend ICover to anyone looking for good cover at respectable price.

DestinationSouth America
Doreen Bruhn

Doreen BruhnHunter Region, NSW

Claim

We have been using !Cover for a number of years now for all our overseas trips but this was the first time we had to make a claim. Due to ill-health we hd to cancel the day of departure. The service was efficient & friendly & we were refunded the cost of the hotel & flights promptly.

Sharron Dickman

Sharron DickmanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Repeat customers for very good reasons. Highly recommended.

We have been using 1 Cover for more than ten years (about 20 trips). The online buying process is straightforward and prices are competitive but more importantly, claims are handled quickly, with consideration and courtesy. Buying insurance is easy; the real test is if or when something goes wrong. We have had claims while travelling and also prior to travelling (medical cancellation) and both times everyone was helpful and the process was straightforward. Over the years we have recommended 1Cover to dozens of family and friends and all have been happy. About to book them again.

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

1 Cover save me a second time!

I've had to make two claims with 1Cover and they have been a delight to deal with each time. The first was covering car rental excess for damage which they paid without a problem. The second was when I broke my tailbone 7 days before I was supposed to get on a 28 hour flight home. They covered all my medical costs and made sure I was able to access a flight where I could lie down, as I was unable to sit. I will never go with any other travel insurance!

Claim DateAugust 2019

INQ001

INQ001Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Easy to deal with

Reasonable value and easy to setup. Only downside is they do not have the option to pay by AMEX which is my main card. I would still recommend this insurance company to others as they are easy to deal with

Peace of mind knowing that we were covered 9f anything happened while overseas

I felt the policy was good value, and this was the 1st time we have used 1cover but it certainly won't be the last... I really liked how we were sent an email to extend our policy, if we extended our trip for any reason

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager

Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
RobertH

RobertHSouthwest, VIC

The insurance covered everything that I needed

The whole process from start to finish was very easy and pleasing to manage, I was able to navigate the website very clearly and the whole process was seamless and worthwhile

DestinationNew Zealand

Limmy

Limmy

Good value and Good customer service

Website easy to use and application process simple, quick and can cover Cruise also. Had to cancel trip due to medical condition. Call Centre staff was polite and helpful. Claims officer was polite, helpful and efficient. Claim was processed within 10 business days as per policy and payment made next business day after approval. Impressed and happy with their service.

Claim DateNovember 2019

SharonW

SharonWHunter Region, NSW

great product

Always great value for money - website is easy to use - thankfully have never had to use the insurance but gives great peace of mind when travelling. Would recommend every time.

DestinationNew Zealand

Di W.

Di W.Sydney, NSW

"Peace of mind"... BUT: Hire car excess is ONLY covered when you ACTUALLY have the Car hire Insurance!

"If you can afford to travel, you can afford insurance!"
I did learn the hard way though, (See "Lou" review 12th Oct 2019 who's got it wrong!) that the hire car excess IS ONLY COVERED by 1Cover WHEN you actually take out the hire car company's insurance. (read the 1Cover "fine" print!) My example, hired a car in Brisbane (w/o extra rental car company insurance at the time of hire)... the car suffered hail damage and I was up for the repair cost. !!! 1Cover "cover" covers an "excess" from the rental car company but if you don't have rental company insurance in the first place, there IS NO EXCESS, it's just a full liability on your part!!! Beware!!! 1Cover would do well to "highlight" this "gotcha".

Kathy

KathySouth East Queensland, QLD

Think Twice

Have used One Cover Travel Insurance for several years. The first time we have ever made a claim for cancelled accommodation only to be declined as stated in a "clause" that absolves them from paying! Isn't this the point of insurance? Very disappointing.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateOctober 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
CaseyC

CaseyCQueensland

Excellent policy

Never had to lodge a claim yet but this package was the best we could find and great value for money we have used 1cover for the last 3 years

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Casey, thanks for your great review! We're glad to hear you had a smooth and incident-free trip but rest assured we're always here to help should you ever have any hiccups or questions. Kind regards, Sophie, Customer Service.

Review collected in partnership with 1Cover

Great price and what we wanted.

Yes, good value, easy to set up, will use again.
No claim to make, as nothing went wrong or stolen.
First time user of this Company, will use again next trip, thanks.

Allan Bone

Allan BoneHunter Region, NSW

I would use again

we used 1 cover for the first time after a recommendation from our credit union...someone who had lodged a claim and said it was hassle free and fast. nothing worse than insurance companies who are quick to take money, then ignore you or have dozens of excuses to reject a claim. the policy is reasonable value, but would like to see it a bit cheaper..especially for fit and healthy pensioners like me who have reached 70 and have to pay a bit more.....we had no claim, and this should be considered if we use again

Karen

KarenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy online application

My son was travelling overseas and his insurance ran out. I was able to take out a policy with 1Cover from Australia, plus renew it when my son extended his trip again, plus add extra countries, all with the touch of a button online. I also feel the policy was pretty good value, and thankfully we didn't have to make a claim.

KellyF

KellyFSydney, NSW

not happy

We took out insurance, my husband wasn't able to go on our family holiday due to the bushfires, he didn't feel safe leaving our property. We took out the insurance four days before he was supposed to fly out, but because the day we took out the insurance it was deemed catastrophic we were told we weren't entitled to anything.

Easy to book and covers

I have been using 1Cover for the past 6 years and have always found them to be professional, efficient and easy to obtain. Always there to assist especially when we were caught out with Ash Cloud.

Jacquieasked

I will personally be putting my daughter into a public school overseas for a few months. Would she be covered for all medical medical expenses eg breaking arm at school, need to visit doctor ?

Steve G
Steve G

Im not too sure... you are best to email them and confirm it your coverage. Ive done this in the past and they have replied in reasonable time.

thanks will do

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Jacqui, thanks for getting in contact! We don't have any specific general exclusions for going to school overseas. Provided your daughter isn't engaging in any sort of manual work she may still have provisions to claim if she became sick or injured herself. Please refer to our PDS for our full terms and conditions:https://www.1cover.com.au/assets/1Cover-AU-Standard-PDS_20190710.pdf/ and please do not hesitate to get in contact if you need any further assistance. Kind Regards, Sophie, Customer Service.

Barry

Barryasked

Hi I bought the Already Overseas policy travelling to Hong Kong. Does it cover me if I join a tour to other countries? Thanks

Peter Chigwidden
Peter Chigwidden

I think that you are covered for the allotted number of days that you insured yourself for. But you may need to check

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Barry, if Hong Kong is the only country listed in your policy then that's the only country we can cover. Please send us an email or give us a call if you'd like to add any additional countries to your policy. You can email us on info@1cover.com.au and call us on 1300 192 021.

Georgi

Georgiasked

Will you cover;
1. travel delay costs and to what $ limit, for rebooking of my return flights home to Australia? if my Antarctica cruise flight transport from King George Island Antarctica back to the departure point Punta Arenas in Chile is delayed due weather? This transport to/from King George Island are part of the cruise Companys itinerary and fully under the Cruise company control. The flights Ive booked and paid myself are Punta Arenas Chile, to Santiago to Australia.

2. Will you cover sea kayaking In Antarctica within 3 nautical miles with a guide? Thanks

Hi Georgi,

1) If your flight was cancelled due to weather, which is a claimable event with us, you may have provisions to claim under Cancellation Fees and Lost Deposits. However if your flight was delayed for over 6 hours, you may have provisions to claim under Disruption of Journey for the additional accommodation and travel expenses occurred due to that delay.

2) Sea Kayaking is included in our list of Automatically covered activities. Please see that list here: https://www.1cover.com.au/adventure-travel-insurance/

Please do not hesitate to get in contact with us if you require any further clarification.

Get an answer from our members and 1Cover representatives