1Cover Travel Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (32)
    • 2-4 weeks (15)
    • 1-2 months (7)
    • 3+ months (6)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (92) · No (41)

Tony S.
Tony S.

Is it OK to love an insurance company?

Outstanding service, friendly staff, and clear terms. We had a claim for an international flight delay / cancellation that would have caused us to miss an already-booked cruise in Europe. After supplying the necessary evidence, all of which seemed reasonable and appropriate, the refund was processed. The staff at the call centre were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. What more could you ask for? I'll use them again next time for sure.

Intrepid Grandma
Intrepid GrandmaSouth East Queensland, QLD

No support if you need to extend your policy. The portal doesn’t work and they do not reply to emails in time.

Helen W.
Helen W.

Very bad service

The cover I took out did not cover me for my trip to Tassie.it only coverd me for100km from my home I live in WA
Tried cancelling but could not get a response from anyone
Dissatisfied would not recommend this company

Travel Insurance Expert1CoverSend a private message

No contact, No call centre, dodgy practices... all ends in having to lodge a claim with the ombudsman

When buying the policy you hope to cover yourselves in an event of travel blunder. Note 1cover due to many calls now has closed their call centre so the only contact is via email in which they "hope" to get back to you within 5 business days, i have found this to be more like 12 days, very inflexible with needing "more information". They hope you dont know your rights or yourll get fed up and close out your own claim. Sadly it just means you have to fight your case with the insurance ombudsman. I suggest for the similar cost to get your travel insurance through RACV.

Waz
WazSouth East Queensland, QLD

Want to extend duration of insurance however online function down and nil customer service to take calls

Want to extend duration of travel insurance however online function through policy manager fails. Tried calling many times but no physical presence. I have messaged them 5 times now and even asked them to call me in those messages a couple of times.
Eventually 5 days later a response email wanting to overcharge us. Have a quote for entire duration of $380.46 yet they wish to charge $399.48. I have emailed them back saying I am happy to pay the rightful amount 4 days ago once again also asking them to call me. Still no response. I would rather cancel and go with someone else if this is how they do business.

Bianca d.Goldfields, WA

Not able to claim, can't contact company

Claim lodged in May 2020 still no contact from 1 Cover Insurance.
We're unable to log into claim manager as website for 1 Cover Insurance is out of service.
Unable to contact 1Cover Insurance directly as the company does not take any calls that is not an emergency and you have to be overseas. When I called the number for inquiry the automated machine stated that 1 Cover Insurance does not take calls due to COVID.
I strongly recommend any and all customers to buy Insurance elsewhere.
We have lodged an enquiry and awaiting response that apparently will only happen in 15 business days and if we have no response we have to contact the next email address for enquiry.

Bianca d.

We are still waiting since 13 May 2022 when we lodge the claim. The states of this claim is still on "Claim Assessment has started".
We have not received any more correspondence from1cover since this complaint.

wayne b.
wayne b.Sydney, NSW

Lol... Contents not covered by liquid damage or while luggage not in your possession took days to reply

Can't upload photos to claim,
Electronics not covered
Nothing is covered on the policy DURING the travel, this way they do not have to accept responsibility. absolute rubbish and reviews fake. The way their policy is worded in the fine print, excuses them from any pay out. If my luggage isn't covered because it's not with me, is my car covered with insurance while I'm holiday?
If my house gets broken into while I'm on holiday, will my home insurance tell me "since all the items weren't with you, they're not covered?" Absolute joke.
Only reason I had to select no on the "was claim made" in this section was - no matter how big or small the photo was, it would not accept the upload. Convenient eh? Fake fake fake reviews.

Travel insurance and COVID-19: what you need to know

For many, international travel is back on the cards. Getting travel insurance that covers COVID-19 related events can give you peace of mind so that you can enjoy your trip while being safe, smart, and prepared - and you should know what to look out for before you shop around.

Clara V.

credit-card-awards-2020
MJ H.
MJ H.Victoria

Don't use these guys

I took out travel insurance with these guys,, took over a month to get claim through,,no phone support, had a tablet damaged and lost earbuds on plane,, NOT covered apparently!! WORST customer service,, AVOID AVOID AVOID

MandySouth East Queensland, QLD

In a panic

Mandy

Thank you Eva. I admit that the declaration was an error on my part but to actually still be waiting for confirmation of cover is not good. Thank you for clarifying this.

Nic
NicGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent service and support

I did some research before buying and there prices were competitive and policies had good coverage. I became overseas and required hospitalisation and the claim was actioned promptly and bills were paid prior to leaving hospital. they kept in contact with me regularly and couldn’t have been more helpful and supportive of my situation.
I will definitely be using them again for all future travel and have already recommended them to friends for their travel

Shirley G.
Shirley G.Sydney, NSW

Don't use them

I paid for the quote, it timed out and I assumed the transaction failed. However, the amount was debited from my card and I've been trying for days to contact them via email as no option to call. No response and I'm travelling in 2 days time. Never again.

Roma
RomaSydney, NSW

Buying is easy, claiming not so!

I bought the cover with this company for several years . On my last trip my computer got damaged and so I put a claim in. I had a very chirpy girl call me about the claim who concluded in writing that I was not eligible for the claim. So, like many insurance companies buying is easy but claiming is all in the interpretation. I will not purchase this insurance again.

Cindy Morgan
Cindy MorganPeel, WA

Kept our money when we couldnt travel due to Covid restrictions

Very disappointed with 1cover. I have been using this company for travel insurance for many years. I had paid for over $ 400 for a policy for an upcoming trip to Europe and then Covid happened and we were unable to leave our country due to travel restrictions. I tried to contact 1cover insurance but they took down their contact phone no. during the peak of the pandemic. So has zero customer service from them. I will use another company in the future as the $400 was a big loss.

No one will contact me

I obtained a quote in March for travel insurance. I did a direct debit payment for the full amount on April 4 and as requested sent the screen shot of my payment
I expected policy documents via email but received nothing
I emailed on Wednesday 6 April no response
I emailed again last night Monday 11
As others have said if this is the response level I am nervous

• Incentivised Review No
  • DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
  • Claim Made No
NiaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible "Depreciation policy" - to the discretion of the claims officer, beware!

took out a domestic insurance policy for a liveaboard fishing charter, my gear fell overboard whilst boat was in transit. Claim went through without any problems, then I get a summary of the payout.

$600 value of lost gear
$288 depreciation value (4yrs old)
$200 Excess

Final Settlement = $112

Requested a call back from 1cover to please explain how the claims officer concluded to depreciation value was calculated still awaiting for a reply.