Mark S

Mark S

Thieves

Took out a policy for UK and Europe in December , of course they have a pandemic disclaimer and many thousands out of pocket, the thieves will not refund my premium, i cannot fly, i cannot travel to the countries i was going to due to govt travel restrictions yet these thieves won't refund my premium, they are insuring you for nothing if you can't travel, i was urged by email to make a claim despite having no chance of any refund due to the pandemic so they could swallow my premium. The decent thing to do would be to refund people's premium as they have no risk if you can't travel but of course these grubs won't hear of that.

Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

1Cover Are Scammers - Beware Of Their Fake Posts

1 Rip Off Cover as I like to call them does not refund your money when cancelling online. You only get a refund if cancel within 14 days taking out the policy. If you cancel online you’ll not be refunded. They are trying to trick people, so beware with FAKE POSTS.
I’ve tried on so many occasions to contact them as so many other people without luck and they don’t respond to messages via their contact form.
I will not rest until I get a full refund for a policy that was taken in Dec 2019 and can’t be used, due to border closures and cancelled trip without making a claim.

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Teenager

Bad customer service.

Took out a policy prior to pandemic being declared, but knew that they would not cover pandemics. Our trip was cancelled and I have been trying to get in touch with them to get a refund for my policy. Given that I am NOT MAKING ANY CLAIM, and cannot even use the insurance I believe I should get a full refund. According to the ACCC this morning companies are obliged to refund your policy amount. I have emailed 1Cover and asked for the refund, but no reply. I will be going down the road of contacting the ACCC now.
Thanks for nothing - at all.
Linda.

Insurance Cover ForSenior

RJMcGray

RJMcGraySydney, NSW

Very happy with 1cover service

We had to cancel our policy due to the restrictions on travel. We cancelled online and received a refund within a couple of days, so easy and no need to wait on the phone for hours. When we can travel again we will definitely be getting our policy through 1cover.

Kate

KateSydney, NSW

Pointless

Booked in November for March travel pre-pandemic. Does not cover for pandemics. At all. Not just cancelling bookings but won’t cover you if you get sick. Even if you booked before it became a known event. Pointless policy. A number of other insurers are reasonable enough to provide cover if purchased prior to the event, despite what the 1cover rep will respond here. Will never use again and be sure to tell anyone who’ll listen about this poor customer care.

DON’T USE THIS INSURANCE COMPANY

These people are crooks - they steal people’s money! They don’t care about their customers! They should be called NO COVER! Their PDS states they will not cover you for any epidemic or pandemic! Their costumer service is absolute crap. I will not use them ever again!

Doc

DocDarling Downs, QLD

Useless Insurance Buyers Beware

Buyers beware. 1cover WILL NOT COVER YOU for epidemics/pandemics. I purchased comprehensive insurance in October 2019 for an April 2020 USA trip. Useless insurance that won’t pay for anything related to coronavirus. Not even illness. Same goes if you get influenza during flu season. DO NOT BUY.

Hello Doc,
Appreciate your disappointment regarding our general exclusions. We hope to work with our customers and suggest that you email info@1cover.com.au to see if we can assist further with your policy. Regards, Sophie

TumbleweedAustralian Capital Territory

1 Cover travel NON insurance

DestinationAfrica
Tumbleweed

Avoid this company like a pandemic

Catbear 7NSW, 2250

Always Value for Money

I have used 1 Cover on many occasions over the past few years. It has always been very easy to arrange, on line. I have always believed the travel cover was good value for money for my needs. My most recent trip away resulted in me making my first ever Claim on 1 Cover re the excess associated with a minor rental car accident. 1 Cover handled the Claim process most courteously and expeditiously, and left me very pleased with their service. Communication by the Claims Officer was exemplary. 1 Cover is a most professional organisation in my view, with excellent processes.

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2020
Claim ApprovedYes

Craig Southin

Craig SouthinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not buy from this company

Have just discovered there are so many exclusions with this policy that it is not worth having. If governments tell you not to travel than your insurance should kick in and pay for airfares etc that need to be cancelled. They have your money and getting interest for ages before you travel. I have had many policies with them where I have never claimed so they get money for nothing but when you need to claim they won’t pay. Stay away from them.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Customer Service R.1Cover

Exclusions galore and fine print

Purchased comprehensive travel insuranve the day we purchased flights to America in July 2019. Discover in the fine print so many exclusions. This cover is almost valueless and I will be contacting AFCA. Have to cancel trip and chase refunds from airlines and accommodation and not refunded travel insurance cost either. DO NOT USE!!!!

Angela
Angela

I have spent hours on hold and have been promised return phone calls that never eventuate. I rue the day I chose your company. Your name is false advertising as you cover a lot less than other companies!!

Jack

JackVictoria

Beware of exclusions - Coronavirus and ANY related expenses not covered!!!

Travel Insurance Scam.

In times of crisis the scammers hide behind policies and take your money. Airlines and hotels are refunding some money, but 1Cover is not interested in helping. I will never insure with these guys again.

amsfromaus

amsfromausCanberra 2600, ACT

Affordable quality insurance

Never leave the country without my 1cover insurance policy! It's good value and covers just about everything. The one time I needed it, 1cover come through! Highly recommend buying your policy through 1cover.

MichelleE

MichelleESydney, NSW

Best prices and cover

I have found that with1 cover you get the best price and the highest cover .I also find them easy to contact when needed unlike other companies. I have got quotes from other websites but come back to 1 cover every time

Hello Michelle,
I’m glad to hear that you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. Thank you for choosing 1Cover and for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it. Regards, Sophie

Caky

CakySouth East Queensland, QLD

Coronavirus

I chatted online yesterday and was assured we would be covered for the Coronavirus. Whoever I was chatting with said they are not like other Insurance Companies. I save my Chat from them to have this in writing now just wondering???? Had to put in I had traveled but we have not as that is why I chatted with someone to see if they covered our upcoming trip. Not sure how to rate them either

Hello Caky,
Happy to investigate this further for you. Please email your details to info@1cover.com.au and attention to me, Regards, Helen

Carol A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Another Pathetic Insurance Product/Company - Coronavirus

We purchased travel insurance Policy with 1Cover May 2019 because of such positive ratings only to find Coronavirus is exempted despite this becoming known 7 months after purchase. Most industries, including banks, are working to support their customers during this difficult period - with the very clear exception of the insurance industry. Well - good luck 1Cover with future sales with such negative ratings. I hope your staff are looking for new jobs as I'm sure this company won't be around much longer.

Duped

Duped

Comprehensive doesnt seem that comprehensive with the coronavirus.

Ive used one cover before and thought comprehensive was just that.Up pops coronavirus and they dont cover you even though youve purchased a policy prior.You should be ashamed of yourselves

RobertS

RobertSHunter Region, NSW

Claim more than likely going to be rejected. Won’t be using 1cover again if claim rejected

Nope. See title of the review as I won’t use again as claim will be rejected, had to cut trip short to look after the health and well being of my family. But insurance companies are more interested in profits than customers interest

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim ApprovedNo
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child

Ireeni C.

Ireeni C.asked

I bought 2 travel insurance for Thailand n Indonesia in January but cant use it becos of the Corvid19 and the travel ban to these countries, am i allowed a refund for it?

Hello Ireeni,
Suggest that you email your query to info@1cover.com.au and the team will provide some options for you. Regards, Sophie.

Donnaasked

We purchased our insurance 1/11/19 for travel to Bali in May.Just wondering if I will be catered for cancelling our holiday.

Tumbleweed

No they won't cover either the trip cancellation or health costs for Covid19. We bought ours in Oct 19 and are not covered. We have however found we are covered with the insurance with ANZ Platinum and Black credit cards - if you paid with that you should give them a call.

Hello Donna,
If you are cancelling your journey due to Covid-19, then this is an exclusion on your policy. However, I suggest that you contact the Support Centre via email for further assistance with your policy, info@1cover.com.au Regards, Sophie

Donna

Do we get a refund on our policy that we couldn’t use

Liz B.

Liz B.asked

I took out travel insurance for Alaska,Canada and USA 25/1/2020...With all that is going on I want to know where I stand ..My travel agent has said to wait till end March,but its looking highly unlikely I will travel.If not can I be reimbursed..Policy No IC-AU-CPN2541504..Thanks Liz Blackwell.

Catbear 7

MESSAGE TO PRODUCT REVIEW.
Please, stop sending these enquiries to ME.
I do NOT work for 1 Cover - I am simply a customer/client of theirs who dared write a review as a Product Review contributor.
Thank you!
(Apologies, Liz - as you will see, I can’t help you!)

Hello Liz,
I suggest that you contact the Support Centre via email, info@1cover.com.au for options regarding your policy. Regards, Sophie

Get an answer from our members and 1Cover representatives