1Cover Travel Insurance
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by 1Cover

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (56)
    • 1-2 weeks (32)
    • 2-4 weeks (13)
    • 1-2 months (6)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (88) · No (40)

Travel insurance

In these days of Covid it is wonderful to deal with ethical people. 1Cover is such a company. They were kind enough to roll policy over until time I could travel. Efficient, pleasant and comforting to know they were there. Thank you 1Cover. They were rightly recommended.

DestinationAustralia
Rusty
RustyCentral West, NSW

Hang up dial tone on all contact numbers for general support

As stated in previous comments from other unhappy customers. We too were given 18 months to use credit due to covid restrictions early last year. My wife and I are heading to Cairns on Monday and I have tried to book travel insurance for this trip using credit. I have tried two phone numbers and both hang up straight away. It's disappointing trying to contact the company for an enquiry and not getting through; I can't imagine how frustrating it would be if you have an emergency. I have used 1cover pre covid and was happy but this may change my mind.

Very disappointed. Would not recommend

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Lily. Sorry to hear about your experience. Please send me the last 6 digits of your policy number and I will arrange for your case to be reviewed. Thanks, Doug.

Lily N.

Good service

cindyrik
cindyrikSouthwest, VIC

Terrible! Do not use

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
PixieSydney, NSW

I have to say now they have refunded my premium I am happy.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Pixie, the COVID-19 pandemic has been an extremely challenging time for the industry and we've been doing our best to work with customers to provide flexible options. I'm glad to hear you are happy with your outcome. Regards, Doug.

howey45
howey45Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Exemplary service

Twice 1Cover has proven to be gold standard - first with coverage for illness before travel, and recently with a refund related to Coronavirus. Both claims were handled quickly and professionally.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi howey45, I'm glad to hear you were happy with our service. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Regards, Doug.

Lara
LaraHobart, TAS

Great company for travel insurance

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Lara, thank you for your kind words and taking the time to leave a review. Regards, Doug.

RobynGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Gives you great reassurance.

I've used 1Cover, three times and have yet to make a claim. It's comforting to know that there is a backstop if something goes array. It's easy to apply for and and takes very little time. Compared to other companies, it seemed good value. There were no issues getting a credit when my travel plans went crazy with Covid. Couldn't be happier

Aussie
AussieSydney, NSW

Scam - Took money and refused claim on make up ground

DestinationEurope
Luke
LukeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Do not buy their insurance cover - go elsewhere

I purchased comprehensive travel insurance with 1cover which cost me a whopping $1154.14 pre-covid. I was meant to depart for my trip on the 26 April 2020 but the Government had put in place restrictions that meant we could not leave. Not only did 1cover not provide any assistance with helping get refunds from any of the bookings being cancelled. They did not even provide a refund for the policy which could not cover anything. They are extremely unethical business, taking advantage of Australians through this difficult time. How do you take peoples money, not provide any service and still take our money. Please avoid this company at all cost! They are not worth it. You cant even contact them by a phone call.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Luke, sorry to hear this. Please send me the last 6 digits of your policy number and a team member will be in touch to review your options. Regards, Doug.

Ruth

No service at all- no stars if I could put that.

This company refuses to answer the phone - they are hiding. Why even have a phone number that tells you they wont take a call. I send in emails on the advised email address but just get answered with the automatic response. Cant believe it is this bad.
I want to know the definition of a large boat as I want to use my credit. I am going on a ship 72 pax and 25 crew (62 ft long) out of cairns on 4th November but they wont evacuate if the boat is small. I cant even find out if this ship qualifies.
Unbelievable. Please answer me.

now 2 weeks after I wrote this review and not contact at all.

DestinationAustralia
Claim Made No
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Ruth, sorry to hear you are not getting a response via email. Please send me the last 6 digits of your policy number and I'll escalate your query with the team. Regards, Doug.

Ruth

Now 2 weeks later and I have had no response. I cant believe how bad this company is - even though I have had the "Doug" response. Must be an automatic response - so bad.

KaySouth East Queensland, QLD

No refund at all

I understand Covid-19 is not covered by any travel insurer, however the premium paid should be refunded but NO. No service should be No pay, but these thieves won’t refund my Measly $70.47. Shame on you lot taking advantage of travellers and I will NEVER recommend you thieves. Times like these bring out the best DON’T THEY? SHAME!!

DestinationNew Zealand
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Kay, we are working with customers to achieve happy outcomes. Please email info@1cover.com.au with your policy number for a review of your case. Regards, Doug.

Kay

Your a joke Doug. No response from you. I think robot reply. However, I got call and received promise to get refund of premium from Sia. Thank you, but what a horrible way to get response. Premium Only. Nothing else due to Virus non cover.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Kay. I arranged for Sia to give you a call, rather than going back and forth here. Regards, Doug.

SabrinaSydney, NSW

Worse experience & poor customer support

Purchased a cruise travel insurance and the cruise line decided to divert back to the departure port which caused us to miss 2 ports of call and our airplane ticket. They don't want to pay!

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Sabrina. Sorry to hear about this. If you're unhappy with the outcome of your claim, you can email complaints@coffre-fort.com.au
Regards, Doug.

Sabrina

Hi Doug, we already emailed the complaints department and they refused to pay or gave us a back our money for the cover. Could you help us with this?

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Sabrina, unfortunately, if it has been through the complaints process, there's nothing more I can do. – Doug.

Ian
IanSydney, NSW

Not customer friendly

Took out travel insurance but can’t now travel because of virus company will not refund only credit
Would not recommend I may never use the credit and they keep over $600 for nothing
Not a smart way to treat customers other companies are refunding look elsewhere

Read more reviews - page 2

Graeme Porter
Graeme Porterasked
Travel Insurance

Hi l booked travel insurance for an Australian holiday in June /July in 2020 which did not happen.
We have rebooked our holiday for 2 weeks in August this year. Can our insurance payment be carried over to cover this holiday. Last digits of the policy are 2433096.
Regards Graeme Porter

Zoom1Cover

Hi Graeme, Sorry to hear about your trip being cancelled. During these challenging times and the extraordinary circumstances of the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic and travel bans, we are offering flexible options for our customers.

You can change the dates or amend your policy start date to be up to 12 months (365 days) in advance of your policy issue date.

If you're unable to travel within this timeframe, or you are unsure when you may travel again, you may be eligible for a travel insurance credit so that you can buy a policy when the time is right for travel and you've confirmed your new details.

You can request a credit by logging in to the Policy Manager here:

I hope this addresses your query. If not, the best way to contact us is directly here: https://www.1cover.com.au/contact/form/ rather than via a third party website.

Warm regards,
Natalie | Social Media Team

Michelle L
Michelle L

Hi i took out a policy on 28th October, 2019 for yearly travel insurance. Were you offering an extension or partial refund on the policy ? I tried contacting you numerous times but you were too busy. Many thanks Michelle

Zoom1Cover

Hi Michelle, thanks for your query.

We understand that COVID-19 and the resultant travel restrictions has caused significant disruptions for thousands of our customers’ travel plans. During these challenging times we are offering flexible options by way of credit vouchers and in certain circumstances partial refunds. As customers circumstances are far ranging, we have been assessing each written request individually.

If you were unable to travel on your policy, you may be entitled to a travel insurance credit-voucher to use for future travel. You can request a credit by logging in to the Policy Manager here:

Warm regards,
Natalie | Social Media Team

Stephen Casked
Travel Insurance

My wife and I took out travel insurance for a trip too Hawaii iNovember 2019 the policy no is IC-UA-CPN2478636. You offered us a credit but have not heard a word from 1cover since you said we were Nbn entitled to a refund this is about the 17 time we have purchased international travel insurance from you and you can’t even keep us updated to what is happening with our $599 we paid you in November 2019. I am now nearly 73 years old and have not been well for some months now and cannot see myself travelling in the near future so I will ask you once again if we could please get a refund (or partial)of our $599. Or a reason why we can’t have a refund
Sincerely yours
Steve and Irene Cahalin

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Stephen, sorry to hear this. I will escalate your case with the team and somebody will be in touch soon. Regards, Doug.

Stephen C

Thank you for replying to us we have been loyal customers for many years we will looking forward to discussing our unfortunate situation
Steve and Irene

Judy
Judyasked
Travel Insurance

how do I use a credit note to pay for insurance on a new policy

Robyn

I'd just contact the company when you are ready to get more insurance.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Judy, you can send an email to info@1cover.com.au with the details of your new trip. Regards, Doug.

See all 1Cover Travel Insurance questions

Emergency Dental$500$1,000$500$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not Included$3,000Not Included$3,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot Included$5,000Not Included$5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot Included$10,400Not Included$10,400
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$25,000Not Included$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not Included$250Not Included$250
Delayed Luggage Not Included$250Not Included$250
Credit Card FraudNot Included$5,000$1,000$5,000
Travel Documents / Passport Not IncludedIncluded as part of Credit Card Fraud Cover ($5,000)Included as part of Credit Card Fraud Cover ($1,000)Included as part of Credit Card Fraud Cover ($5,000)
Maximum Single Item Limit Not Applicable$3,000 (Computer or camera)$3,000 (Computer or camera)$3,000 (Computer or camera)
Luggage & Personal Effects Not Included$15,000$5,000$15,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $5,000,000$5,000,000$5,000,000$5,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Not Included$5,000 plus optional additional cover up to $8,000Not Included$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included for bikes up to 50ccIncluded for bikes up to 50ccIncluded for bikes up to 50ccIncluded for bikes up to 50cc
Domestic Pet Care Not Included$500Not Included$500