3.7 (1,500)
    • 1-2 weeks (88)
    • 2-4 weeks (116)
    • 1-2 months (91)
    • 3+ months (86)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (281) · No (172)

Dave
DaveSydney, NSW

Garbage Insurance do not use this company

RussellPerth, WA

$12.80 cents back

Please do not use insureandgo. I payed $186 dollars for my trip to Thailand in 2019 for gold travel insurance 9 months before covid 19. And when my trip got cancelled insureandgo only were prepared to give myself back $12.60 cents credit back,not my $ 186 dollars which i already payed. They are a total disgrace of a company.

Russell

I will make it my mission to inform people not to use your company. I already have informed 15 of my friends to not use your travel insurance. Hope your company goes under. Have a nice day.

This was the first time we have used this company and choose it because it was CHOICE reccomended at the time! We took this insurance out for a special European trip, which we unfortunately had to cancel due to COVID. They were unprofessional, disinterested, repetitive in their requests for Information. Constantly asking for information that had already been emailed. Finally after many months and many phone calls we received a letter advising they were only prepared to pay a few hundred dollars in settlement of our claim!

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hello Allison P, I am sorry to hear you were not pleased with the quality of service provided by our team. If you wish to, you can lodge a formal complaint by emailing complaints@insureandgo.com.au.

Kind regards,
Anna

Natalie M.
Natalie M.Victoria

Claim denied

Stephen
StephenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Never again

I have used Insureandgo a number of times for both domestic and international travel. Their online application is easy and their prices are competitive. Fortunately on those earlier trips I did not need to claim. This time was different when I had to cancel my round the world trip due to the COVID pandemic. Despite fighting for and receiving refunds for almost all of my trip I am left almost a year later with insureandgo refusing to process my claim for the 2k I could not recover. I paid over $900 more than two years ago but have been met with a stubborn refusal to read or respond to my emails. Great travel insurance..unless you need to claim.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
david lewisPerth, WA

It is to be hoped that Insure&Go doesn’t have the word “integrity” in its Mission Statement!
After almost 4 months since my travel insurance claim (approx. $5k) was lodged and the ensuing 2-stage process of MAPFRE complaint/dispute assessment after rejection, I&G has paid. The policy included cancellation due to pandemics. The insurance company stated that I should have accepted vouchers/credits even though I had stated that we were not intending to travel internationally post-Covid, and that the policy period was for an event with end-date.
I can only assume that my genuine and earlier threat to refer the claim to the AFCA (ombudsman, arbitrator) was the factor, so I&G probably used the “try-on” first. So “buyer beware” of this company!

Darryl B.
Darryl B.Queensland

The policy was great value. My wife had a brain bleed whilst overseas in Japan and had emergency surgery to take part of the scull out. Insureandgo made sure that the financial side of things were being sorted which was a relief to me as I was concentrating on my wife’s injury. When the time came to fly out Insureandgo paid the hospital bill so we could go home to Australia. When we got back home they had paid me out for all my bills within 2 weeks of returning. I recommend InsureandGo to everyone who is going overseas.

G. MathesonTraralgon

Exactly why insurance companies get a bad reputation.

G. Matheson

All good until you need a genuine claim.

Assured by staff over the phone twice before leaving Sydney we were covered for pandemic, so this conversation should have been recorded. Trip curtailment due to pandemic after we had left Singapore, yes they paid partial refund of airfare back from quarantine in WA to Sydney under duress. Have claimed for cruise balance not used and they cannot even respond. Never use this company again, customer service is just emails stating why they couldn’t even pay airfare home. Never recommend to anyone.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Michelle, I'm sorry that you had a negative experience, and I would encourage you to bring your complaint to the attention of complaints@insureandgo.com.au if you would like to escalate your complaint. Thanks, Anna

Michelle
Michelle

Ok thanks I will send yet another email .

shhhSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rip Off

Despite purchasing our travel insurance in early 2019, when we requested a refund of the policy amount due to Covid cancelling our trip, we were offered $42 of the over $200 we paid for the policy. This is despite the fact the company did absolutely nothing for us when our trip was cancelled. We organised all our refunds through P and O, who were brilliant. If this Insurance company acts in this way over a refund of the policy amount, I believe they would be terrible to try to obtain a claim payment from. We've used the company a number of times before, needless to say we won't be using them again.

shhh

Cruise was cancelled before departure. Your company received money for absolutely nothing.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Penny-pinching is a bad look.

We requested a refund due to Covid cancelling our trip. First we were told no refund was possible, despite no claim being made on the policy, which was purchased months before the Pandemic. Now they're offering less than 25% of the premium as a refund. Penny-pinching in this way doesn't bode well if you need to make a claim, so we won't be insuring with them again now that we're rebooking our trip.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Dear Gazman, I'm sorry that you've had a negative experience, and I would advise you to contact complaints@insureandgo.com.au if you would like to further discuss your pro-rata refund. Thanks, Anna

Gazman.
Gazman.
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Gazman, have you received a response yet? If not, let me know and I'll follow up on your complaint on your behalf. Thanks, Anna

john
johnCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Pre covid purchase, expect to receive only approximately 2 thirds of purchase price.

Pre covid travel insurance purchase, expect to receive only approximately 2 thirds of purchase price. Obviously we will not choose this company for future travel. Text requires more words so blah blah blah.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi John, I'm sorry that the pro-rata refund was not acceptable for you. Thanks, Anna

John W
John WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No trip but don't expect a full premium refund

We booked an International Gold insurance plan on January 12, before the COVID 19 travel restrictions were even mooted, for US travel in September 2020.
Obviously the trip had to be abandoned which we advised to the company over 3 months prior to scheduled departure date.
However, despite the trip never having been taken, and no claim having been made on the policy, they refuse to provide a full refund of the $316 premium, offering only a 75% pro-rata refund. They have given no satisfactory reason why this is so, and will no longer discuss the issue.
I will never use or recommend this company again.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

I canceled my trip 1 month before going because of covid, not my choice travel company canceled. Wanted to change dates but NO, they gave me a $77 refund on next trip , i paid $280 . Never again would i insurance with them again . I travel alot but . Rip of company

Elaine
Elaine

What a loud of rubbish i canceled in start of march ,i was leaving end of april so how did i partly use it

JMH
JMHasked
InsureandGo Australia

Are we covered if our trip is cancelled due to cyclone activity? (Trip to North Qld island upcoming)

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hello JMH, I do apologise your question was missed.

When you purchase a domestic policy with InsureandGo, you do have the option to purchase our Natural Disaster Upgrade, which provides Cancellation Cover prior to departure, if you cannot travel because a natural disaster has caused your travel service provider to cancel your pre-paid service and does not provide an alternative. This does not include natural disasters which were known at the time of purchasing this insurance however. Do let us know if this does not answer your question.

Kind regards,
Anna

Maureen Leverenz
Maureen Leverenzasked
InsureandGo Australia

Hi i purchased a 12 month policy in 2019 ( long before COVID) and when i login to obtain a refund i only receive a much lesser amount. Can you please advise why.

G. Matheson

I'm not sure why your question was sent to me Maureen, but I can only advise that you ask InsureandGo for an explanation. If you're not satisfied with their answer then by all means, take it further. AFCA were successful in their intervention on my behalf but they do explain that they assess each case on individual merits. Good luck.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Maureen, thanks for getting in touch.

The amount you can see in your account is the pro rata credit amount we are offering.

We cannot offer a 100% refund, because the policy was already providing cover, and being used up from the day it was purchased. Therefore since it a partially used, we are offering to partially refund it.

The pro-rata refund is based on how much of the policy was 'used up', essentially. Insurance is based on risk, and from the time you purchased your policy, we covered risk, such as "cancellation before departure" cover. This covers costs of your trip in case you need to cancel your trip before you leave due to unforeseen injury, for example.

Your policy was providing you with cover before your travel start date or the date on which you cancelled it – as mentioned above, in fact it was providing cover from the time it was purchased. So if, between purchasing your policy and your travel start date, you had needed to cancel your trip due to unforeseen illness or injury, you would have been able to claim.

In order to fairly work out what proportion of your policy was used in providing "cancellation before departure" cover, and thus, calculate the amount you are owed in refund, we used a formula that we apply to all customers. This calculation method is in line with the one laid out by the unbiased complaints authority body, The Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). Please see their guideline formula here:

Thanks for your input too, G. Matheson. For the benefit of other customers, I would like to confirm that whilst your AFCA claim was approved, as you say, each case is judged based on its own unique merits, and AFCA claims do not guarantee a finding in your favour.

Thanks, Anna

Warren C
Warren Casked
InsureandGo Australia

Anna, I am following your instructions as you sent to Caryl (below), but after logging into my account and entering the “credit request”, I cannot see the amount of my pro rata credit as you suggested. Is it only displayed after entering “I accept”? If so, how can I get the amount displayed before pressing “I accept”? Also, can you confirm the pro rata credits apply to Gold Cruise policies?

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Dear Warren, I'm sorry if the amount is not showing in your account at the first stage of the process. I will send you a private message with some specific instructions on seeing the amount, and I will discuss in more detail validity period. Thanks, Anna

See all InsureandGo Australia questions

Emergency DentalNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included32 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot Included$3,000Not Included
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$15,000$15,000Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not Included$250$500Not Included
Delayed Luggage Not Included$250$500Not Included
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Maximum Single Item Limit $500 (single article/set of items)$2,000 (electronic devices), $500 (single article/set of items)$3,000 (electronic devices), $750 (single article/set of items)$500 (single article/set of items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $2,000 (excluding laptops, tablets, mobile phones, cameras and video cameras)$5,000$8,000$2,000 (excluding electronic devices and valuables)
Ancillary
GolfOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
CruiseNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Adventure Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Snow / SkiOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Compare all 12 InsureandGo Australia