InsureandGo Australia

InsureandGo Australia

4.1 from 3,351 reviews

Excellent coverage & base cost, but....

Excellent coverage and base cost however the premium added for historic medical condition seems out of whack and the least likely issue for the insurer to ever potentially pay out.

DestinationEurope

Very Good

Yes, it I think it was good value. I lodged a claim, which was resolved in a reasonable time. This is the second time I've used Insure and Go. Thankyou

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateJanuary 2019

Easy process

Easy to access the site and very good value for money, most other companies were a lot dearer, the policy had everything i needed for my cruise holiday, happy customer here.

Bad service

Had a flight cancellation and arrived in Melbourne after 15 hours delay through transit. Placed claim in for 3 travelers and received $34 in total for all three traveller. We paid more than that amount for the delayed pickup of the vehicle from the airport parking. Placed complaints with the internal dispute resolution and was informed they will assess in 15 days. It’s more then a month and we have not heard back from anyone

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateNovember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Apples for Apples InsureandGo is pick of the bunch.

First time user of this company and was very impressed with easy to find and easy read and to see the inclusions and exclusions of what the policy actually covers.

Straight forward cover

InsureandGo is an easy to navigate online travel insurance with nothing complicated to confuse the process. Nominate the destination and the travel dates and it's all straightforward from there. Credit card payment and printable policy means you can get on your way quickly and without worry.

DestinationAsia and Australia/Oceania

Excellent customer service

I have used InsureandGo over the past few years. From taking out the policy on line, an easy and simple process to lodging a claim, l have found InsureandGo easy and prompt to deal with.
Claims are lodged on line and processed with clear communication.
Peace of mind when travelling

Claim DateFebruary 2019

I felt confident with the Insurance

It is always hard to rate insurance as the “proof is in the pudding” and you only know if the company will satisfy you, if you make a claim. However we thought we might have a claim with lost luggage and wrote an email of intent. I was impressed to get a quick reply acknowledging my email and advising me of the process and what information I will need to provide. This was very helpful and reassuring. Happily no claim was needed, but I am confident to use InsureandGo again for travel.

Excellent service

The policy was good value but like any insurance it is only when you need to claim that you see the true result. 8 times travelling to the state and never needed to claim, until this last trip and first time with these guys. Great communication right through out easy to talk with and accommodating and once home and all closed out, payment made to bank. could not speak highly enough of this company.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim DateDecember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Not too discriminatory on the basis of age

I am 73 and over the past years have been involved in litigation through QCAT for unwarranted age-discrimination in the insurance, particularly travel, insurance business.
Insure and Go is one of the least bad age discriminators.

Claim MadeNo

Easy, simple & fast to arrange

The policy was competitively priced and very easy to set up. It was the second time we have used InsureandGo & would happily recommend them for Travel Insurance. The Medical Questionnaire was easy to complete.

DestinationEurope

An easy process

I found it was good value for money and was certainly easy to set up. Plenty of information was given in order to make a decision. Also the company was quick with their responses.

Seniors travel cover

We have just set it up, and it appears to be a good cover.
I was disappointed that I had a quote, and we are taking 2 days in vancouver, and sailing through the caribbean to fort lauderdale, disembarking and flying to auckland via la, and I explained this when I got the quote. 2 weeks later I rang to arrange the cover, and I was informed the young man who had given me the quote was not longer there, and the cost would be $2,451.08, up from $1,025.61, as the original quote did not cover the americas. I had been careful to explain the carribean cruise to the young man in the first instance, so was a bit surprised.
Not very impressed on that score.

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim MadeNo
Hi Keith, Thanks for the feedback, and I'll be sure to forward your comments on to the right person, and I apologise if you were misinformed on your original call. Thanks, AnnaThanks, a $1,400.00 increase, after having stated the facts of the area and ports to be visited, ifor the initial quote, is quite substantial.

Am a returning customer

This is the second time I have used InsureandGo and I feel they provide better value than other travel insurers I have used. Getting a quote online was easy, as was the premium payment process.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior

One4 major problem

We have insured with Insure and Go several times for 1 very good reason. You are not concerned about per-existing conditions that have been problem free for more than 5 years. unfortunately my husband will no longer insure with you because of a penalty you now impose for someone who takes both blood pressure and cholesterol lowering medication. I think this is ridiculous for a condition which has no complications and has been stable for many years

DestinationAntarctica, Asia and South America
Claim MadeNo
Hi C.D.W. Unfortunately, I can confirm that if you have a health condition that has required treatment or medication in the last 5 years, it is considered it a pre-exisitng condition. This may increase the price of your policy, although many conditions are covered free of charge, it depends on the condition. But I'll definitely pass on your feedback to the relevant people. I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

great rates

I have used insure and go 5 times now for our cruises as they are great value.. We`ve never had to claim so can`t comment on that process.... recommend to my friends all the time..

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager

Travel Insurance

Always use southern cross travel insurance every time we travel. Was very easy to set up online and find very good value. Ive never had to make a claim but Im sure there would be know problems. Used SCI 5-6 times.

Claim MadeNo

Great especially for pre-existing medical condtions

We went to Europe for 8 weeks last year and we’re having trouble getting insurance due to my husband having epilepsy. I compared companies and insurengo came out the best. They came out the best. It cost more but I didn’t care as some wouldn’t even give it with an excess. He’d only had 2 seizures in over 12 months and none since. We then went to Thailand and now a 6 week domestic holiday within oz. I won’t go to another company now

DestinationAsia and Europe

Travel insurance needed

Accurate information. Regarding pre existing illness. Never told about seniors discount. Will call see if can get operator who can understand me and me understand them. They talk very quick

Not had a Claim yet!

I like the policy, as I can pay extra to cover pre existing medical issues. After I took out the Policy, I discovered I was entitled to a 15% discount through NSW Seniors. It took a few phone calls to eventually get about 10% back.

Claim MadeNo

Hi. Would I be covered for accident/injury or personal liability while windsurfing?
Hi Rosalie, Thanks for the question, and I'm pleased to let you know that yes, you would be, provided you weren't competing in a tournament or competition. We would offer coverage for your overseas medical costs, and personal liability whilst windsurfing, up to the amount highlighted in the level of cover you selected. The level of personal liability cover changes depends on the policy you buy: Bare Essentials policies cover up to $1.5million, Silver policies cover up to $2.5million, and Gold policies cover up to $5million. The overseas medical cover is unlimited no matter what policy you buy. Thanks, Anna

Does the multrip insurance covers international cruises? do you have a reverse charge number to call from overseas ? thank you
afaik, my policy does cover international cruises. i don't understand about the reverse charge phone question. i am only one of their customers.Hi Tony, thank you for your enquiry. Annual policies include cover for cruises. If you need to call us from overseas, you can do a reverse charge to our 24 hours emergency assistance number +6129333999. If you have any questions, please give us a call on 1300 401 177 Regards, Anna

I have read reviews above and all seem to be good except if someone makes a claim can you tell me what the time frame is on paying claims particularly if it was for long delays or medical/hospital
Hi Carolee, good question. Once we have approved your claim, you will be paid within 10 business days. The time taken to process your payment isn't related to the type of claim. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. Thanks, Anna

Similar listings