3.5 from 1,052 reviews

Pros

• No Annual Fee

• No International Transaction Fees

• No Currency Conversion Fees

Cons

• Reviewers complain about fees when paying off the card (e.g. $0.95 BPAY fee)

• Website and app experience seen as sub-par

CategoryNo Annual Fee Credit Cards and Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards
24-Hour Phone Contact No
Online Live Chat No
Card TypeMastercard
BenefitsNo Foreign Transaction Fee
Minimum Credit Limit $6,000
Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate21.99% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3%
Late Payment Fee$30
Annual Fee$0 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 0%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$0
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.99% p.a.
Release dateAug 2006

Great credit for overseas travel

Latitude 28 degrees mastercard is easy to use, no overseas fees. A great credit card for using overseas.
The app is also good to check transactions as you travel.
Never had any issues with this mastercard.

THE card to use !!

Effortless and cost effective method of meeting expenses whilst travelling - especially as more stores overseas are looking to accept cards instead of cash. Additionally with nil international transaction fees, realistic exchange rates+ 35 days to pay makes this my preferred choice of payment and recommended to all our friends.

Card Start DateSeptember 2014

Works, but need improvement

Used in US and Japan it worked fine. However in USA I had to keep verifying transactions which was annoying since the main purpose of the card is to use overseas. I had to use roaming in order to reply to confirm transaction which was an additional expense to me. The card was cancelled and I tried calling once I returned to Aus to restore it , but haven't heard back. Appreciate if someone can call me

No Fee;s

I was overseas recently and my card was being randomly declined at various retailers.. support offered to send me a replacement card, I was surprised to receive the replacement card in overseas mail in just 3 days.
28degrees couriered the replacement card to me overseas with no cost to me.
new card works fine so it was indeed a bad chip in the card

Card Start DateNovember 2012

A bit slow

My card was stolen overseas before I had a chance to use it
Westpac and Amex refunded within 6 days You took about 24 days and then charged a $30 penalty 28 degrees was to be our preferred card as it charged no commission but you never got a new one to us as Amex did I would like someone to call me with regard to the account I received today as it does not refund the fraud charges that you have said you would do I would like to settle this matter ASAP
Ross Sands

Flexible and Reliable

Used it in the US and it worked everywhere without a hitch from Los Angeles to Chicago. I’ve been using it for 3 years and have never had a problem. I highly recommend it. The exchange rate is favorable and there are no extra charges

Card Start DateJuly 2015
Card / Account Used ForOverseas/Travel

Always in my phone cover

I used 28 Degrees for the first time in December 2014 on the recommendation of a friend. It sounded too good to be true but every bit of it came true. I recommend it to everyone I know because it is a proven product and no one can come back at me with a bad experience.

Card Start DateDecember 2014

Great for travels overseas

Excellent card. Rate of exchange are comparable to bank rates. I love that you don’t get charged service fee. I have used it in America and Europe without any issues. Wouldn’t travel without it

impressive response

I recently had unauthorised overseas transactions linked to my card and was notified straight away. The operator I talked to (Varun) calmly talked me through the actions they would take, and within days the transactions were negated on my account and I was issued a new card. I also found the online chat operator very helpful. Full Marks!

Main Point of ContactOnline

So easy to use no dramas.

Travelling through Europe where it’s a cashless society and all vendors prefer the use of the card. Never had a drama with it and best of all no fees. Only drawback is Boingo is not everywhere as thought it would be very little in fact.

Card Start DateAugust 2019

Lottery Tickets...

Was a bit of a shock to realise that you charge $4.00 for any purchase of lottery tickets. It seem to me to just be a revenue maker for you so I'll have to look elsewhere to buy them.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

Overall a handy card to have for overseas use

I love that there are no transactions fees for use overseas and the conversion rate seems to be reasonable.
I do however find it extremely frustrating that you can only make 1 payment every 5 days. You can pay via other methods but at a fee to you. Payments tend to take a fair amount of time to clear but not entirely sure if that's a 28 degrees issue. Would be nice if they had an online chat function, for support whilst overseas as most of the time people go with call restrictions.
The app doesnt make it possible or at least obvious to increase credit limit rather just reduce, this would be a nice addition.

Overall a very handy card to have whilst travelling abroad.

Card / Account Used ForOverseas/Travel

Great Card for travelling overseas, Great rate for foreign currency transaction

I have been using 28 Degrees Mastercard for few years now. I first knew about it from a friend who recommended this card for travelling. And from my own experience, it is indeed great to use it overseas because it doesn't charge you for transaction fee, conversion rate fee or whatever charge that normally applied by other credit cards when you make purchase overseas while travelling. Not to mention, the rate is great (but make sure you pay in local currency) and no annual fee.

Also several time already I have to contact their customer service for some issues but they are always easy to contact and very efficient in solving my problem. Including the case when my card has been hacked (and it's my first time experiencing card got hacked) when doing online transactions few weeks ago. I was given alerts through the sms on my mobile phone if I authorised certain transactions. That's how I knew my card have been hacked. So I contacted them to solve the problem.

It will take 21 days for the process and so far some of the money already been put back in my account, and I am still waiting for the rest. But I am sure everything will be OK.

Recently, they are launching the app which is make it even easier to check/monitor the transactions on the mobile phone, in case it's required. But one thing I wish from the app is, they make it possible to block the card from the app.

It will be very helpful for users who are on travelling overseas if this feature is available (some bank already applied this for their cards on their apps), in case some unfortunate things happen like lost card on an overseas trip. At least we can block the card temporary before contact the customer service.

Card Start DateMay 2016
Card / Account Used ForOverseas/Travel and Special Purchases

The best card for overseas travel

Easy access, the best card for overseas travel. I only use this card when I go overseas but have never had a drama with it and the service centre is always very helpful.

very convenient card

very good use in overseas, no foreign exchange conversion charged. It is well protected against fraud. no annual fee and very useful. ordering online is protected. highly recommend this card

Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

Great value when using overseas

Value to use the card in other countries. No international transaction fee at all! Save a lot! Mobile app provide exact information of transactions without any hidden. Would like to recommend my Friend to apply for it :)

Perfect. Especially for travelling

Much better than the traditional travel card. No excessive currency conversion fees. Use it like you would at home. Use their money and pay it out on time and you will have zero fees, as long as you don't make any cash withdrawals.

Card Start DateMarch 2013
Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping and Overseas/Travel

It makes payments, check.

Positive.
It makes payments, check. They followed up fraudulent charges, check...but .... the free wifi doesn’t work. The exchange rate conversion is not transparent. The online system to pay is not user friendly and can’t be setup in advance.

Card / Account Used ForOverseas/Travel

Excellent credit card for travel

Simple to use website, statements are easy to understand and card works well. Never had any issue with it not being accepted. Works well for online purchases for businesses based overseas.

Card was good for my trip to China

The card was accepted at all locations that accepted cards. No issues with any transactions.
The transactions were posted on the account in a timely manner.
The only issue I have is the charge levied to pay the account.

Card / Account Used ForOverseas/Travel

I am going overseas next week, using the 28 Degrees Mastercard for purchases, but also in the past I have loaded money on it, and then withdrawn cash through ATMs, always maintaining enough cash in the account to cover all purchases AND the cash advance amount. Provided I maintained enough money in there, it was fee free to withdraw cash. Is this this possible and fee free, or do you now treat this as a cash advance even though I am just withdrawing some of what is there? and if there is a fee, how much? Thanks
Hi Ingrid, Apologies Ingrid I am not in any position to answer this question. you would be better to contact 28 Degrees customer service centre.You can withdrawal cash from credit card. But very high cash advance fee.Even if you prepay my experience was you still paid 3% for taking cash out of an ATM. There are other debit cards available that won’t charge you this.

Can you get travel insurance automatically with this credit card. If so what does it include?
no Vicki. if you have a platinum credit account with Com Bank then you will have that privilege

Hey guys, can anyone tell me how long the cards take to be precessed and arrived? I leave in 8 days and hoping i get my card in time, i applied this morning
My relative just applied on-line and got approval immediately. He rang 28 degrees the answer was between 5-10 working days. They said the card would be dispatched the same day it was approved and if you live in Victoria, you would receive it even quicker. Hope this helpthanks so much, thats great. fingers crossed i get it in time!