Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard

Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard

3.8 from 1,543 reviews

Pros

• No Annual Fee

• No International Transaction Fees

• No Currency Conversion Fees

Cons

• Reviewers complain about fees when paying off the card (e.g. $0.95 BPAY fee)

• Website and app experience seen as sub-par

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Card / Account Used For
    • Overseas/Travel (920)
    • Online Shopping (375)
    • Everyday Expenses (178)
    • Special Purchases (176)
  • Application Process
Chris W

Chris WSydney, NSW

Awesome credit card

I was recommended the 28 Degrees credit card for travels. I have had it now for about 5 years. It has been invaluable for travel (no OS charges and a good/comparable rate). Also has the Shoppers INsurance, which I haven't used, but is there if I need it.
The new app is great and simple to use. Overall, a very positive experience.

Card Start DateFebruary 2015
Rudy

RudySydney, NSW

Perfect company when travelling overseas

I have been using this card for about 5 years already and I did not experience a single problem with all my transactions. I highly recommend this to overseas travellers to consider having this card in their wallet. Very safe to use. As long as you advise them of the inclusive dates of travel you could be sure and confident that this card will not spoil your holiday.

Justine

JustineNorth Western Region, NSW

Best card I have ever used!

I applied for this card as I was traveling to the US. The procedure was efficient and easy. I used my 28 degrees card several times and I was thrilled to see how everything was nicely listed and the amount spent was in AUS $$ so the repayment was so easy to do.
Keeping track of my spending, my balance and not having to worry about extra fees and charges was great. I will use this card so much more now I know how good it is!

Card Start DateJanuary 2020
No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Find out how Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard compares to other No Annual Fee Credit Cards

I have used 28 degrees card for years now and really like it

I always use my 28 degrees card overseas it is excellent I would be lost without it as I travel a lot when i check the conversion rate it has always been accurate

QLD traveller

QLD travellerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ease of using

I’ve used it overseas and I don’t have any problems in purchasing goods I bought. There are no questions or whatsoever when using it because it’s MasterCard. I also like the card because your don’t have to pay extra foreign fee like other credit card normally has.
Overall I wouldn’t use any other card when I’m overseas!

Card Start DateNovember 2019
Adenia Felsinger

Adenia FelsingerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

International travel? then dont leave home without this card

Used with ease no fuss in India, accepted in all stores..always request for a international swipe machine not the local one. Travelled worldwide & this is the best card We ve ever used.

Rewards
Card Start DateFebruary 2016
Faye Taylor

Faye TaylorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent card for travelling and online purchases.

I have used the card while travelling in multiple overseas countries. I have had no issues as the 28 Degrees card has always been readily accepted for transactions. I also use the 28 Degrees card for online purchases even been contacted directly when making a first time transaction with a new company to ensure I have personally authorized the purchase.

Card Start DateFebruary 2016
  • Everyday Expenses

Using overseas

Was very easy to use in canada and usa and the web site is excellent. We were away for over a month and used it many times and was always accepted

Card Start DateJanuary 2020
Shanrob

ShanrobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love this card for travelling overseas. It is accepted nearly everywhere and has no currency conversion charges.

I only use the card when I travel overseas. It's brilliant, accepted in most countries and does not attraction charges. DO NOT use the card on ATMs though, you will have charges.

Andrew

AndrewCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very convenient when traveling

Makes things easy, we use when traveling on family holidays through Europe and Asia, currently enjoying Japan. Online App allows you to track the purchases and make payments in an easy manner.

Rewards
Card Start DateJanuary 2016
MACB

MACBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great user friendly product

Used card in Iceland did not carry any cash and it was accepted everywhere. Used it in the UK and New Zealand without any problems and best of all no strange fees and charges.

• Everyday Expenses
Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very convenient for overseas use

Have used this card of many overseas trips and had no issues. Website appears very user friendly. Would appreciate some more general details of merchant - such as "restaurant"," accommodation" "fuel" etc

Sparky70

Sparky70

Using card overseas

Used my card several times overseas it was an extremely quick, easy and flawless process using the card.
Plus no annual fee or overseas charges, added to the bill at the end of the month.

Card Start DateDecember 2019
Ken Muir

Ken Muir

Love most of the Service Great credit service BUT not good if you loose your card

Jon

Jon

Nightmare trying to pay your Account

Had this card several years now and its a nightmare trying to pay your account. You get charged for paying off your outstanding balance if using Bpay. When trying to pay off your bill via their online app it's only available half the time (usually offline non business hours which is when I normally do my bills). Unless you choose direct debit to clear your credit card balance it's a nightmare and I've been charged a $30 overdue payment and interest multiple times because the online payment system is always down. Exchange rates on overseas purchases are pretty competitive however any benefits in the FX rates are lost with overdue charges just because they make it so hard to pay off the credit card balance.

Card Start DateMarch 2012

Happy traveller

Happy travellerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love this product

I use this card for all travel - booking airfares, accommodation, and purchases made while away. The no fee for transactions, foreign exchange is what attracted me to get this card. I have had exceptional service while overseas when I have encountered minor problems (which were of my own making) and any questions are answered prompty.

Great product

Easy. It was accepted everywhere and easy to use.
To not have to pay fees and charges at every transaction makes this card awesome and reliable. I trust in this product and have recommended it to many friends travelling overseas.
The down side is only being able to make repayments every 4 to 7 days and using the cash out facility if not repaid asap.

Card Start DateNovember 2016
DEEJAY

DEEJAYCanberra 2600, ACT

Fantastic card for traveling overseas

This MasterCard was accepted everywhere I went while traveling.
The fact that there are no additional charges for using overseas sold me on this card, along with the competitive exchange rate.

Card Start DateMay 2017
Hardy

HardySydney, NSW

Exceptional value card!

Perfect card for shopping overseas. No international transaction fees, great conversion rate. We had a great experience on our recent trip to New Zealand. Used every where hiring a car, restaurants, shopping etc.

Juie

Juie

Security assured

We had no issues using the card - well received by merchants and the feedback/follow-up from company was great. We were contacted by text message to ensure account was being used appropriately