Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard

Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard

See the Best No Annual Fee Credit Cards in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Latitude Financial

Pros

No Annual Fee
No International Transaction Fees
No Currency Conversion Fees

Cons

Reviewers complain about fees when paying off the card (e.g. $0.95 BPAY fee)
Website and app experience seen as sub-par

CategoryNo Annual Fee Credit Cards and Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
BenefitsNo Foreign Transaction Fee
Minimum Credit Limit $6,000.00
Additional Cardholders 1
Additional Cardholder Fee $0.00 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2.5%
Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate21.99% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3%
Late Payment Fee$30.00
Annual Fee$0.00 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 0%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$0.00
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.99% p.a.
Release date

• Application Process

W. T
W. TSydney, NSW

Disgusting customer service

I called them 3 x today to make a payment. Each time involved me waiting for 30-40 min for connection to a customer service representative, and then being put on call waiting again. The first time for another 30 min until it hung up. The 2nd time for 5 min then it hung up. I am currently waiting again….I’m so close to cancelling this account!

Alicia
AliciaIllawarra, NSW

Worst customer servixe

Good service overseas.

Fraudulent activity on my card with completely out of character purchases (I only use my card for travel, and haven’t used it in 2 years due to COVID then has some random Microsoft store purchases).
Latitude’s system did not pick up the fraudulent activity.
When I reported the fraud, it was not made clear that I still had to make the minimum repayments and, hence, have been charged late fees and now my credit rating has taken a massive hit.
My replacement cards have still not been received. I’m
All staff seem to be reading from a script and struggle to talk off script. Bad service fr what seems like a massive call Centre. Avoid!!!!!!

2 tier security system trap!!!

My wife and I are in Europe with our 28 degree Mastercard. We have tried to book various bus and train trips on line using the card BUT a security code is being sent to our Australian phone number which we are NOT using in Europe!! Therefore we cannot access the code to complete the payment!! This renders the card USELESS for online payment here!!!The security code should be sent to email which would remedy this problem as we do have wifi access. Master card senior and technical management need to immediately fix this problem But don’t seem to be listening!!!!

llee
llee

Worst customer service

Cancelled my account without any notification due to inactivity during covid. Travel in 3 days and told I’d have to reapply as a customer. Worst customer service when trying to resolve the issue. In addition took an hour to get through.

No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Find out how Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard compares to other No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Sharonoh
SharonohSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst customer service

I have been applying for a supplementary card since 15th may. Submitted all documents, and called them after 2 weeks, the operator asked me to reapply again which I did. 30th May I called to check, my call was cut off many times. I have been using 28 degrees for years and it used to ne good but not the customer service has done down hills. I can hardly understand them since most of calls centre are either from India or Philippines. Very disappointing.

Online Experience

Horrible customer service and fraud department

Go with ING instead

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

how-to-get-in-front-of-credit-card-debt-with-a-credit-card-balance-transfer
Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
prisky
priskySydney, NSW

Look for another alternative, terrible app and customer service

The web client and app is terrible and basic. You would think it would improve over the years, but no. Attempts to make payments via the app fail constantly. The ability to pay via the web client from the bank account has been removed. BPAY payments cost $0.95. In order to pay my outstanding balance I had to spend an awful amount of time on hold (32 mins) before a human picked up, in 2022 this is not acceptable.

Once speaking to a human, it was not any better. I was told on a Thursday business day that an upgrade was taking place hence why the payment ability on the app and web portal was down. Seriously!? Who does an update to a financial application during business hours?! Stay way!

Poor customer ‘service’

Had an issue with the account not updating after making a payment. After spending an hour on hold and trying the online service ‘chat’, was unable to speak with a person.

Diana
Diana

Worst experience ever

The call centre experience was woeful - the staff put you on hold repeatedly to find out basic information. One didn’t know what a debit or credit was. Others hang up on you when you ask for a supervisor. From the onset, I had issues with card activation, then they suspended my card after I’d provided all my ID at the application stage. All this one week before holidays. I have no confidence this card will work overseas at all or that I can reliably ring someone for help. And the global roaming hotspots offer and access to lounges due to flight delays now look like they are not available…. Sigh.

robert dunlop
robert dunlopSouth East Queensland, QLD

Used to be a great card for overseas, now no customer service and misleading travel insurance

This used to be a great card for overseas transactions. They advertise now complimentary travel insurance with certain conditions etc. I have met them and been trying to contact them for over a month to see if I have travel insurance but no replies. Customer service also used to be great with online chat feature etc but now it appears to be non existent.

Rates and Fees
Ewa D
Ewa DSydney, NSW

Look around for a better product

It seems only the primary card holder can register to use the app. That's no good when the primary and secondary card holders are both travelling and both need access to the app. The call centre agent had no idea and cut the call and the chat option no better. I was advised the secondary holder needs to log in under my name and password to access the app. Does not sound right to me and I'll be looking for a better product

Free Travel Insurance?

The card is promoting free travel insurance if you spend over $1000 on Platinum Card. I spent $4000 with United Airlines, there was NO automatic issuance of travel insurance. I should have abandoned follow up then and there, however wasted time on many , many phone calls to people who in some instances were vague (knowledge about product) or unable to communicate in English. They also got me to send several emails backing up my purchase and ID. That was 3 months ago, still no reply about if or when I may be covered by insurance, reportedly AIG. I treed calling them too, what a joke and a complete bunch of amateurs! I have since paid to obtain travel insurance from a reputable company - 0/10 for everything. Will be cancelling the card.

Anie S.
Anie S.Sydney, NSW

Terrible process to get the card and we were forgotten

Really unhappy with the team. I started my process to get a credit card more than a month before my trip. I submitted the documents required on 17/04, and I got a message saying that I would get an answer in 2 business days. After 10 business days, I had to contact Latitude 28 to see if my card was on the way ... when I was told that they need more documents from me. Why wasn't it asked before? I also sent an email before chasing them. The customer service attendant didn't even say sorry for my waste of time in trying to buy their product... really didn't care about how bad it was handled.

Main Point of ContactOnline
Andreasen
AndreasenAdelaide, SA

Good features; terrible customer service and app

The card itself is good - no annual fee, good for use overseas, high interest rate but offset but no annual fee. Their app is terrible and buggy. Their customer service is non-existent, bordering on hostile. They mistakenly took over $4,000.00 out of my linked bank account and getting it refunded has been an ordeal. I used to recommend this card to others, but could no longer do so, and am in the process of cancelling the account now.