Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard

Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard

3.8 from 1,509 reviews

Pros

• No Annual Fee

• No International Transaction Fees

• No Currency Conversion Fees

Cons

• Reviewers complain about fees when paying off the card (e.g. $0.95 BPAY fee)

• Website and app experience seen as sub-par

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Card / Account Used For
    • Overseas/Travel (889)
    • Online Shopping (367)
    • Everyday Expenses (175)
    • Special Purchases (170)
  • Application Process

Leo

LeoSydney, NSW

Direct Debit not initiated from your end

I received a confirmation of my Direct Debit on 24/01/2020 that it had been established but it was not initiated from your end and I manually paid my repayment. Please let me know why the direct debit was not completed from your end and would appreciate if that can be done onwards. It should have been more convenient if direct debit can be done on the website by filling up the form online and there is no need to print it and fax it or mail it. When I faxed the form couple of times it was not successful so i drop it in the post office. Thank you.

Eddie H

Eddie HSydney, NSW

Very good credit card but clumsy payment options

Very good card, especially since it has no annual fee and offers overseas transactions at a good exchange rate and fee-free. It would probably be my first choice if I was getting a single credit card. But if they want to market a close-to-perfect card, they should improve their payment options. Fees are charged for some methods (notably bpay) and others are inconvenient; e.g. non-fee payments are available via the website but take money immediately rather than on a nominated future date.

craig

craigHunter Region, NSW

Self funded retiree application "what a joke"

My wife and I are self funded retirees who place great emphasis on overseas travel. We enjoy a very good lifestyle after 40 years of work and investing. We have substantial assets and dividend income per annum. We have no debt, own several properties and were denied access to a 28 degree card even after providing a letter from our certified financial advisor and accountant. Having never had a problem even obtaining a home loan at the age of 19 and considering my son was given a 28 degree card while at university working part time, I am incensed at this organisation and would like a written apology. They in my opinion only wish to provide credit to the marginal customer in hope they can extort substantial 22% interest rates.
Avoid.

Paul Swain

Paul SwainGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor customer service when overseas

I spent over an hour on the phone to an Indian or Asian Customer Service Centre just attempting to get an answer why my master card was not working when in South America. Very frustrating, as overseas usage is the reason why I have a 28 degrees card.

Gail

GailSydney, NSW

National Pool Fences - great service excellent job

Paid for our new pool fence with 28 degrees card. Great service easy payment options and a perfect job. From the request for a quote to job completion was a very speedy 1 week. Couldn’t be happier

Card Start DateJune 2008
  • Special Purchases

Jacob

Jacob

Great Card, overall very satisfied

Used my card overseas in Hong Kong and Macau, and I am very happy with this.

The exchange rate is the Mastercard rate, an there are no transaction or conversion fees, which I am stoked about. Only issue I have is it is a little difficult to figure out how to pay the card off without being hit with fees. Bank transfers are free, but they lock for 5 days after each use, which I find annoying

Card Start DateDecember 2019

Great card for OS travel

Used our cards on a recent overseas trip and had no issues with being accepted everywhere and by all businesses including ATM's. Great card for travel, would not use anything else.

Pete

PeteSydney, NSW

Great value

Used the card first time this month in Hong Kong and Taiwan, and to pay a transaction in UK.
Zero transaction fee does save a lot.
Statement and transaction are very clear.

CazzaVictoria

Perfect Travel Companion

This is the best card to use when travelling overseas. With no fees and being accepted nearly everywhere it is the ultimate travel companion. It great to be able to track your purchases whilst away.

Card Start DateJune 2000
Sanity restored

Sanity restoredSydney, NSW

Oh hell !

I am in the process of application. A warning I am retired and on a Superannuation pension. This pension is a very substantial amount tax free and indexed CPI for life. I also have considerable amounts of cash in two other accounts I supplied my bank details.
You are dealing with people from the subcontinent and I get the very very distinct feeling that having said pension alerts raged. I have been 8 hours in the process so far and am getting very annoyed. They have NO idea how our system works here in Australia .
I can’t tell you how many emails and phone calls I have had...so if you are on a pension don’t use this word say something like superannuation wage....help

Regular traveller

Regular travellerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What a great card. No conversion charges or yearly fees either.

Used the card frequently overseas. Shops, cafes, local attractions & venues. Very simple, just like at home. Tap & go etc. The Latitude card is widely accepted. Had no issues. Minimised the need for cash.

Happy traveller

Happy travellerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great card

This is the only credit card I use overseas, so convenient, and can be used everywhere. No fees, no foreign exchange fees, and statement clearly states all transactions/charges and fees

Frequent traveller

Frequent travellerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What would I do without it

Low fees, secure usage, and they call immediately if a transaction looks "fishy". Can't ask for more. Recommand to friends and family. Also the card looks stylish. Very happy with it.

Patricia

PatriciaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fabulous for purchasing and travelling

Used card for overseas purchases, have not yet travelled with it. Easy for purchasing tours in advance, transfers etc. accepted by tour operators in Overseas countries. Will use it when travelling

Lloyd Webb

Lloyd WebbVictoria

Luv the simplicity of using and understand this card

This card provides good rates and follow up service. Overseas transactions are far better than my other cards with no unexpected fees when statements come due. U gotta luv this card

Card Start DateSeptember 2019
Brian S.

Brian S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Just started and going well

No use overseas yet. What I have noted is the rapid confirmation of purchases. Setting up the card was easy and the website appears to be quite intuitive and convenient.

Card Start DateJanuary 2020

Anne H.

Anne H.Perth, WA

Best international card around

Maximum flexibility when travelling through multiple currency zones or buying from overseas websites. No conversion fees and better exchange rates than my bank. I like being able to see almost immediately on the app what I paid in $A. The Latitude support staff were brilliant when I had a glitch in the sign-up process - friendly and helpful. I really felt they took customer service seriously. Highly recommended.

Card Start DateMarch 2019

danelle10

danelle10Sydney

My go-to card whenever we go on overseas travel. Have it for more than 10y. Currency conversion Rates are great.

I also use it on of my overseas purchases. Saved heaps on foreign transaction fees. Easy to use. Hope they will improve their app to view the statements, too. Other than that this is Highly recommended.

Big-Pete

Big-PeteAU

The Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard is THE card for overseas purchases and travel.

I've had a Latitude 28 Degrees Global Platinum Mastercard for about 3 years now. I use it for overseas purchases online and when travelling overseas. The exchange rate is always good and no nasty overseas transaction fees. Absolutely love it.

Card Start DateJanuary 2017

Peter Kon

Peter KonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wonderful overseas card

I saved so much on overseas transactions and currency conversions. A perfect extra card for overseas purchases and travels.
Pleased that we did the research to find the best card to suit our needs.

Card Start DateSeptember 2019
  • Special Purchases

Ravi teja

Ravi tejaasked

How long it takes to get the card after submitting proof of residence and proof of income? And if approved how long it takes get card to home?

Maz

Mazasked

I am on a pension and travelling overseas soon. Will I be eligible for a Latitude 28 Degree card?
Thanks,
Regards,
Marilyn

Long time traveller

Long time travellerasked

We have had a 28 degrees card for many years now.
We are travelling to Japan this year and have heard that we really need cash as well as credit cards are not used as much as we are used to.
Can I preload cash on my card and withdraw in Japan as needed and is there a fee for this?

Cazza

I would imagine it would be considered a cash advance and therefore attract fees. For fee free cash withdrawals I preload a Citibank Debit Card with an amount I think I need and withdraw fee free at ATMS. Hope this helps. Happy travels.

Richard
Richard

We have just travelled to Japan and were able to use our 28 Deg MasterCard for purchases at most retailers, all hotels etc. We took and used cash for most restaurants, cafe and minor convenience store purchases. A combination of both is the best solution. My recollection 28 Deg card used to be no fee for cash withdrawal but unfortunately no longer the case according to web site even if card is in credit balance.

Get an answer from our members and Latitude Financial representatives